Ameesha Patel first choice for Chalte Chalte, Tere Naam, Munna Bhai

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

https://www.dnaindia.com/bollywood/report-gadar-2-ameesha-patel-refused-salman-khan-tere-naam-shah-rukh-khan-chalte-chalte-sanjay-dutt-munna-bhai-3056530

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/this-is-why-ameesha-patel-didn-t-work-with-shah-rukh-khan-4361114

“Kuch films mujhe pata bhi nahi thi ki mere paas aayi thi. Chalte Chalte was one such film. In fact, jab mai Humraaz ki dubbing kar rahi thi, aur Shah Rukh [Khan] apni Chalte Chalte ki dubbing kar rahe the. Same studio but in a different room, obviously. Aur we bumped into each other and we hugged each other. And inhone kaha ki come Ameesha let me show you a little bit of the film you rejected. I am like ‘I have rejected?' Mujhe pata hi nhi tha that the film was offered to me. So kabhi kabhar people who were managing you also played. [There were some films I didn't even know were offered to me. In fact when I was dubbing for Humraaz, Shah Rukh Khan was also dubbing in the same studio for Chalte Chalte. So when we bumped into each other, he said, ‘Ameesha let me show you a little bit of the film you rejected. I was like ‘I have rejected?' So back in time, a lot of times people who were managing you also played.]"

Bhansali also wanted to work with Ameesha Patel.

During the same interview, Ameesha Patel also revealed how she missed out on “a lot of good work, directors and producers because of a mis-manager.” Talking about why filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali never offered her a film, the actress said, “Apparently, the person who was managing my work was not comfortable working with Mr Bhansali (Sanjay Leela  Bhansali). After I parted ways with my manager,  Mr Bhansali told me, ‘You know there were moments when we were supposed to work together but I did not want to deal with your manager.'” 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Ameesha Patel was also offered Sanjana's role in Main Hoon Na before Amrita Rao. Ameesha had to refuse because of dates. That's two films that Ameesha ended up not doing with SRK.

Interestingly enough, Hrithik was the original choice for Zayed Khan's role of Lucky. Main Hoon Na could potentially have seen Hrithik and Ameesha reunite onscreen.

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

She ended up doing films like Parwana ,Zameer ,Suno Sasurjee ,Elaan around the same time which ended her career forever .She was was basically driven by money 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Elvis12

She ended up doing films like Parwana ,Zameer ,Suno Sasurjee ,Elaan around the same time which ended her career forever .She was was basically driven by money 

I think she had bad management. Didn't she sue her manager? I don't blame her after hearing that he rejected Chalte Chalte without telling her and wouldn't let her work with Bhansali because of his own personal feud. 

The only one of those movies I've seen is Zameer (it's pretty telling that I haven't even heard of the others) and while the film wasn't all that great, she was decent in it. Basically playing the role Karishma played in Andaz, as a student obsessed with her teacher. 

Edited by RaniPreityAish - 3 months ago
Posted: 2 months ago

[Post Removed]