Through The Eyes Of Innocence - OS

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Author's Note -

Hello everyone, long time I know.

I hope that I'm still remembered.

The show became too much to handle or to inspire anything other than a headache and a very strong urge to fling a shoe at our TV screens lately.

I can't say it for everyone I know that but most people I know signed up for IshRaRu when this show began not the saga of shady shaggy.

Last two episodes seem to have been finally, finally keeping what counts in focus.

Finally inspiring me to write something and so here I am.

Hopefully you'll enjoy this and leave a feedback about how I have lost my touch, rusted or not, in this long sabbatical I happened to take.

So without further adieu, let's get this show on the road.

And before I forget, as always

NOT PROOFREAD.

Edited by QueSeraSera - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Through The Eyes Of Innocence

"Faith can be very very dangerous, and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong." 
 Richard DawkinsThe God Delusion

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." 
 J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

She wakes up to the sounds of a little ruckus in the kitchen downstairs.

It disturbs her sleep somehow and she manages to move the pair of arms settled around her waist as she groggily makes way to the bathroom once she's on her feet.

Rubbing her eyes, once she's found her bearings she glances at the wall clock and to her surprise finds it's almost 12'o clock. Her sleep addled brain suddenly remembers that she had woken up thanks to the sounds of some commotion coming from the kitchen downstairs and it strikes her there could be a robbery perhaps happening in the house. She's read and heard about some gang breaking and entering homes, wiping the place clean after dowsing the entire family with a dose of chloroform; lately in Delhi.

Fear grips her thundering heart, what if they're here. The noise she heard has came due to them. No, she must not let it happen. She must protect her home and family. She won't allow anyone to rob her home and get away with it.

Mind made up, fear pushed aside she slowly opens the door to the bedroom and walks downstairs to check first. If there is indeed a robbery happening she's gonna make so much noise that it would awake the entire society, but she better be sure first before disturbing everyone and interrupting their peaceful slumber.

She lightly takes small steps on the staircase leading her downstairs as her eyes adjust better to the lights on in the kitchen area and the aroma of heated up biryani wafts through the air hitting her senses.

Her mouth waters immediately as her stomach rumbles recalling the delicious biryani she had had during dinner. The lights assuring her that her home is safe, since no thief would risk getting caught even if only stealing food by making sure he's visible by turning on the lights himself.

Taking baby steps she's almost down the stairs when her eyes fall at the sight before her at the dining table besides the kitchen.

Spread across the table that had been cleared after dinner immediately are heated leftovers from earlier tonight as well as the cutlery and a jar of water along with the two inhabitants who are currently occupying the seats in front of her, currently unaware of her presence with their backs to her.

"You shouldn't have stayed up hungry waiting for me to arrive to have your dinner Raman."

"Didn't know there are supposed to be different rules for the two of us now. Did I? "

"There's nothing like that."

"Then why are you complaining? Didn't you wait up for me, heat up our dinner, serve me and accompany me when I came late from office or some meeting or conferences before? Did you ever hear me complain about it?"

"Yes, you would ask me a hundred questions, if I have had anything to not faint on you after you learned during our first Navratri that I'm not supposed to go hungry and must have something to eat every 2 hours."

Her papa makes a face at that but continues anyways,

"That's for your health Madrasan, I'm not a delicate little darling like you. I can go hungry for one night when you are once again playing superheroine to rescue the world."

The woman who is seated in front of her father, who's called Ishimaa by her Adi bhaiyya and Ruhi didi, whom she had addressed with the same moniker too a few weeks back and who has suddenly become the one person she sees her papa can't do without, pouts at that.

"I was not playing superheroine Raman. I was just helping out a poor woman who happens to be our employee by the way, when the poor thing went into premature labor at work and needed immediate hospitalization and stayed behind in the hospital until her husband who had no idea this might happen during the one emergency trip he had to make to visit his ailing grandfather came along. She was so scared Raman and while I wasn't family or friends but I was a woman she had known for these few days, these three weeks that I have been attending office in your stead and having a familiar face in such a situation is comforting to any woman."

"Yes and the only familiar comforting face she could find in the office of at least 200 hundred other employees just happened to be yours isn't it?"

"I was accompanied by our driver and two other women from our office and had help from a few employees to help me get her in our car Raman I wasn't alone. And I wasn't panicking like the others."

"Why do I even ask knowing you is beyond me?"

She hears her papa complaining as he shakes his head.

"What should I have done Raman? Just let someone take her to a hospital and be done with it? You know a woman needs to be assured she's gonna be fine at such a time in her life don't you? And how was I supposed to not care? If something had happened to the poor thing and her child along the way wouldn't it have been a bad reflection on your company and you? I was representing you at the office and couldn't let your name be spoiled by being careless or selfish now could I?"

She sees her father serving himself as well as that woman even as they talk while he fills up their plate. Their plate. It is then that it hits her why her papa isn't sitting at his usual place where he does when he's at home during breakfast or dinners mostly but during all the meal times these days, these past three weeks that he's been staying home with her, looking after her and tending to her every need. Her papa who was always so loving and caring, who loves her the best and whom she loves the most had always been her hero, he never denied her anything who changed after this woman came into their lives has changed once again and she doesn't know how to feel about it.

She's enjoying this phase she realizes. Her papa though always there for her had never been so involved in her day to day activities as he is now. Before he used to be so busy all the time, off to meetings and office as well as his business trips that were usual for him and which almost always lasted a week if not more hasn't so much as been out of her sight these days whenever she's been at home.

He's woken her up and put her to sleep, dressed her and bathed her, fed her and packed her school bag as well as lunch boxes and water bottle. The only one thing he's not yet quite managed to get a hang off is making her plaits. The first time he tried she had looked like something straight out of a circus in her opinion with one of her plaits starting a bit higher than the other as well as a little more thicker than it's supposed twin too. The second day he had managed to make them as close to identical as possible but they had opened up, being so loosely tied, even before she had stepped outside the house.

The third day he had simply given up and like the first two days she had someone or the other help her hair. It was either Ruhi didi, her daadi, Simi bua or Mihika chachi whom she allowed to do her hair but never that aunty who had offered and whom she had rudely rebuffed on that fourth or fifth day. She hadn't tried again to volunteer to help, though she was always looking at her tenderly.

She watches as her papa feeds the woman a spoonful of biryani from their plate to stop her from talking about something, as he did with her too when she wouldn't eat and ramble on and scrunched her nose in anger. How can papa share this with someone else but her? She's about to walk up to them and ask her papa, rudely at that, as she's been doing lately as instructed by her mama when she stops midway watching how the woman wipes the corner of her papa' mouth that had been smeared with a little bit of Dahi Raita, he loves having with this particular biryani and then her papa doing something she had never seen him do with anyone. He lightly bit her fingers and when she yelped, jumping in her place because of the pain her papa had immediately sucked her fingers, soothing the spot he had earlier hurt.

"Raman what are you doing? What if someone comes along and sees us?"

Ruhi didi's Ishimaa had complained, withdrawing her hand from the grip of her papa' who hadn't allowed her to take it back as he held her hand in a split second.

"Who would watch us we are all alone and so what even if someone did huh? We're not committing any crime here are we?"

The woman had smiled, blushing furiously under her father's intent stare and shaken her head.

Her papa had smiled then and pulled her close by using the very hand he had held captive with his. When her face had been close to his, her papa had leaned into her and first kissed her hand held in between them and then slowly moving it down even as he held it in between them he had kissed her cheeks.

"Raman."

The woman had softly called her papa as she put her arms around him and they had hugged unaware of her presence in the room. And her papa had held her tightly as his arms went around her too, while he hid his face in her hair.

"I used to miss all of this so much Ishita. I missed you when you were gone. Our late night dinners, talking to you about our day. I missed it all so very much."

Papa had breathed into her hair.

Letting out a soft, small sob on her papa'  shoulders Ishimaa had begun to cry then.

"I missed you too and all of this so much Raman, all the time, all those days. I used to think about you all the time. You, Ruhi, Adi and everyone. I... I used to wonder about Pihu. Think how she must look like now, who would she resemble. I would write in a little diary back in Australia about whatever I thought. How tall Adi must have gotten, how if Ruhi had been with us she would have been doing this and that and would be at the stage where she'd crossover and be a woman almost. How Pihu must have taken her first step or started kindergarten. I used to think what would I have gotten from you or given you as a gift on our birthdays and anniversaries."

"I missed you too. During all those milestones that Pihu had. Think about you when she took her first step or spoke her first word, on her first day at school and when she first started teething. I knew you would have gotten a kick out of that."

Ruhi didi and Adi Bhaiyya' Ishimaa had lightly hit her papa on the shoulder with her free hand then, smiling even as she cried.

"I realized all of this meant so much and yet nothing without you. I couldn't celebrate her birthdays or Adi', mine without you by our sides. I couldn't go on without you Ishita."

Her papa had cried then, tears falling down his face even as he closed his eyes and tried to contain the tears that clung to his lashes stubbornly before giving up the battle of holding on and slid away onto his face. She had never seen her papa cry, never seen him so hurt and small as if he had withdrawn into himself and was about to launch herself at him unable to see him weep when Ishita aunty had wiped his tears away, kissing his forehead as she enclosed her arms around him, shushing papa as she rocked him in her arms, patting his shoulders and soothing him by running her hand over the back of his head. Her papa who was the strongest and the fiercest man she knew, who could never ever, ever lose or be scared of anything clung on Ishita aunty like he would never let her go, like she was his lifeline and without her he would be lost and alone.

"I wanted to come back to you, to everyone so much every day always, think about it daily."

Ishita aunty spoke into his hair and her papa had wrenched free of her hold as he held her shoulders.

"Then why didn't you? Why couldn't you?"

"I was scared."

"Of what? Me?"

"No, not you, never you, I can never be afraid of you; you know that Raman."

"Then what were you afraid of Ishita?"

"Your words."

She whispered the answer timidly, repeating them softly once again so that there was no chance of her not overhearing it.

"Your words Raman."

Her papa had released his hold on her then, looking away from her for a moment as he seemed to be lost in his head thinking about something.

Looking back at her with tears in his own eyes, he held her hands with his as he brought them close to his heart and placed a little kiss over them.  Crying and shedding his own tears over their joined hands.

"I told you that I hate you... Once you came back. After I saw you again and thought you had left me alone. Had been happy all these years while I rotted in misery, died a little every day because I lost you and Ruhi. I wanted to believe that I was the only one wronged and who suffered. I wanted to punish you for all those days and nights when I missed having you around and because I lost Ruhi. But you want to know what the truth is Ishita? Want to know what I felt when I knew you were alive and I first saw you again?"

"What?"

The word was whispered so softly, so quietly it might have been mistaken for merely a gush of wind if it hadn't been so quiet around the living room.

"That I love you, I still love you so much that it hurts. It hurt to know that you stayed away from me when all I wanted was you in this whole world. When all I needed to live, not survive was you and you stayed away knowing everything from me. I wanted to hurt you like you hurt me by not coming back to me."

"Raman..."

"I told you that I hate you when the truth is that I can never stop loving you and the only person I knew I had to blame for what we lost is me. I cursed that day in my head, in my heart and from the bottom of my soul because of two things everyday for these years Ishita. For losing Ruhi and for telling you all those things that I knew would hurt you more than everything else in this world. I... I was in pain because I couldn't save Ruhi and I wanted to lessen it, to stop hurting and I wanted you to hurt the same way I was because in my head you couldn't possibly be as hurt as much as I was, you hadn't held Ruhi when she was just a few minutes old. You hadn't seen her grow up in the first few years of her life and you had no idea what I must be going through. But I forgot, I forgot in the pain that I was in, that none of that matters. None of it ever mattered when it was the two of you. Yes, Ruhi was born to another woman, but the only mother she ever had, the only mother she ever loved is you and you have loved her more than that woman who is only her mother by blood could ever have.

I kept thinking that if I repeated it enough then I would start believing it too, but I can't... can't stop loving you. The more I tried to hate you, the more I ended up hating myself for driving you away."

"Raman...it would be a lie if I said it didn't hurt. Because it did, still does. But I know that I deserved your anger and frustration, your hate when I came back. I don't know if you remember that night or not but I clearly do, the night we met in the police station. We were together before that. You were so drunk and you thought you were hallucinating about me and I don't want to think about that night if I have to be honest with you here which I want to be. You were talking about feeling all alone and abandoned by me. I saw you hurting and it killed me Raman that I had to watch you in that state. That I was causing you so much pain. I thought for a minute then that I should be back and come home to you, I... I wanted nothing more than to be with you again, but I was scared, so scared of your rejection and I thought you had moved on, I didn't want to ruin your life again, I assumed you were again married to."

She was cut off before she could finish.

"I would have ruined my life again had I done that, I know I almost did take that step but it was because I thought you were already over me, with... Thank goodness for once Romi didn't mess up something he was supposed to do... I don't want to even think about it."

She watched her papa shudder closing his eyes for a few seconds there.

"That idiot had his timing right for once, bless him."

And she had heard Ishimaa chuckling at that,

"You're impossible Raman, you can't even praise your brother without calling him an idiot or something can you?"

And she had seen her papa light up with a twinkle in his eyes as he laughed softly,

"Can't help it now can I? Besides that if I become too soft how would I live up to the name that you gave me?"

"So you still call people names because I gave you a name and you want to live up to it? Is that what you're telling me here?"

"Madam, you do realize Raavan Kumar is a name that not everyone in this world can carry right? You have to have that panache, that devil may care attitude and most importantly a wife who could make her husband feel so lucky."

They had laughed at that softly and then stopped simply looking at each other.

She saw papa then gently run his hand through Ishimaa' hair as he tucked them behind her ear as she leaned into his touch, resting the curve of her cheek in papa' palm.

Smiling at Ishimaa, papa had run his thumb over her cheek first and then on her lips making Ishimaa shudder.

"Raman..."

"Why are we wasting our time Ishita? Why should we anymore than we already have? Isn't it enough to last us a lifetime now? I have had enough."

"I... I understand Raman but... Pihu? You know she still.."

"Shh.. I know that but I'm tired of keeping our lives on hold Ishita, tell me aren't you? Don't you need me the way that I need you? Don't you love me anymore like you used to, like I still do."

It was so strange, so strange she thought as she heard her papa say those words. Her papa as far as she knew never needed anyone, never requested anyone for anything - he ordered, he commanded but he never really had to request or ask but he did.

Why?

What was about this woman that changed her papa so much, so completely? Why did he allow it? How did she make it happen?

"You know the answer to that already."

"Maybe I just want to hear it from you."

"I need you Raman. I love you, I love you more than anything in this world."

She had told papa who had the brightest smile she had ever seen on his face as he heard that and pulled Ishimaa in his arms as he stood up, their arms around each other, her head on papa' shoulder they had stood lost in the embrace, unaware of everything else.

She was wondering about these questions when she heard the scrapping of chairs on the floor and moved two steps up into the darkness as she saw the adults parted and moving. Their  hands held, watching them carefully as she made sure that they couldn't look at her through the cover of darkness.

"Raman why aren't we heading towards our room?"

"Because Ishimaa, Raman mama has tucked all our little ones into bed in our room."

"What?"

She has heard Ishimaa' startled chuckle as she came to a halt.

So her papa had turned around still holding hands with Ishimaa and smiled at her.

"You put me up to this right? This whole Raman papa be mama thing? To tell you the truth, I didn't think I would enjoy this as much as I am. I got to spend so much time with all my kids. And I didn't realize how much I missed all of this until now... But today was the best day of them all."

Her papa finished with a smile.

"What happened today?"

"Today after dinner when I was tucking Pihu into bed, Ruhi and Adi suddenly came to our room and do you know what they asked?"

"What?"

"They asked me papa don't you love us? Aren't we your kids like Pihu?"

"Why would they say that?"

"I asked them that too and they said that I was only taking care of Pihu and not them."

"You're kidding me."

"Absolutely not and then they asked me to prove it to them that I love them by telling them a bedtime story and tucking them into bed and before I knew it they were in our bed, the only one big enough in the house to fit them all. So right now Pihu is tucked in bed with Adi and Ruhi on either side of her. And I read them a story and put them to bed like they asked me too, it's been so long since I put Ruhi and Adi to bed, I forgot how it felt, how they looked while sleeping and I ended up admiring them for half an hour before I knew it. They look so cute when they're sleeping."

"It sounds so beautiful."

"It was."

Ishimaa launched herself in papa' arms and he held her.

"Thank you for sharing this with me." She told him.

"And thank you for coming up with this idea in the first place."

"I want to look at them but I'm scared of waking them up if I go to look at them."

"Look at them later all you want, right now..."

"Hmm?"

"Right now let them sleep and you come with me."

"Raman.."

"Shh.. No more talking now, let's go."

"Are we going to be in Adi' bedroom?"

Papa had scrunched his face at that.

"Of course not you crazy Madrasan, in our son' bed? I'm open minded, but I'm not that open minded alright?"

Papa had shuddered and was hit by Ishimaa on his shoulder then.

"You... you dirty minded man. How can you make anything so dirty? I simply wanted to know where we'll sleep."

"Who said anything about sleeping though? All I said was come with me,  we're going to bed, but I don't want to sleep Ishita, not tonight."

"Raman..."

She saw Ishimaa blush then, her eyes downcast as her papa whispered something in her ear that had her smiling and blushing even more.

"Now come with me to the guest room."

The guest room, that's what her mama' room has become since her marriage a month ago. She saw papa leading Ruhi didi's Ishimaa by hand to the room that belongs to her mama when she decided to follow them and stop that woman from using anything that belongs to her mama when she was stopped.

She saw the door to the room shut with a soft click and turned around to see Ruhi didi's hand on her shoulder.

"Pihu, come with me."

"But Ruhi didi they're going in my mama' room. It's not a guest room, it's my mama's."

"I know that, but please listen to me."

And so holding hands the sisters went to sit at the very spots occupied by their parents a while back.

Pihu occupying the seat vacated by their father and Ruhi the one by their mother.

"Pihu I know you love Shagun mama a lot, and that you miss her too. But if I ask you somethings would you answer me honestly?"

"If you are going to ask me to accept your Ishimaa then I won't listen to you too didi."

Pihu told her elder sister gruffly but before she could move, she was held back by a loving hand on her.

"I won't ask you that, but I can talk to you about papa right?"

"What about papa?"

"You love papa a lot don't you?"

"Yes. I love him so much."

Pihu had said sweetly opening up her arms the furthest they would go, making her sister smile as she reminded Ruhi of a similar situation where lodged in their papa' lap she had made the same gesture years ago to get a video game from him.

"You like to see papa happy then?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I? I love papa so I want him to be happy always."

"And you like papa spending time with you? Getting you ready and waiting for you to come home right, when you come back from school?"

"Yes."

"Then tell me something Pihu.."

"What?"

"Did papa ever do all of these things before for you?"

"What do you mean Ruhi didi? Papa loves me so much he always takes care of me."

""I didn't mean to say papa doesn't love you princess or that he doesn't take care of you, of course he would, he loves Pihu too. What I'm asking is did you ever see papa do these things that he does now for you?"

"No, papa would be busy with office so how could he take care of me all the time like he does now? He's at home nowadays so he does."

"And do you know why papa is home these days?"

"Because your Ishimaa goes to office?"

"Yes, but also because he wants to spend time with you princess, because he loves you and Ishimaa is going to office so that papa can be with Pihu.

Ishimaa loves Pihu too."

"But I don't love her."

Pihu spoke defiantly but not with the same anger and fire in her words as when she first began to wage a war against Ishimaa Ruhi noticed.

"Alright Pihu, but can you please answer me something truthfully if I ask you some questions?"

"Okay." The little girl had spoken softly subdued by the calm manner of the sister she had grown to love.

"You have been here for all this time when I wasn't. So only you could know things that I am about to ask you and I don't want you to hold back on anything when I ask you something. Alright? Is that a deal?"

"Alright I will tell you everything didi."

"That's like a good girl. Now Pihu I know papa is very hotheaded, he gets so mad so easily and starts yelling at everyone doesn't he?"

"Yes he does Ruhi didi, but papa would never be angry with me, but he would get angry with everyone and sometimes he would slap Adi bhaiyya too. Adi bhaiyya used to feel so sad and upset when papa scolded him or got so mad at him that he would slap bhaiyya. So I used to scold papa if he hurt my Adi bhaiyya."

The older sister smiled down at her sibling, feeling proud of her little tigress being protective about their loving and sweet brother, so much like their Ishimaa, Ruhi muses though she doesn't know yet.

"That's wonderful Pihu, I'm so proud of you for looking after Adi bhaiyya. He's the best. Papa can scold him but not be so angry at him that he slaps him."

The little girl had puffed out her chest delighted with the praise from her older sister.

"I know Ruhi didi I don't like it when papa gets angry and shouts at Adi bhaiyya too."

"But he loves Adi bhaiyya too you know just as much as he loves us."

"I know that but I still don't like to see papa scold bhaiyya."

"And have you seen papa scold Adi bhaiyya nowadays?"

"No. Papa doesn't scold bhaiyya these days. He even put him to bed today with us."

"I know. Adi bhaiyya was so happy right?"

"He was."

"And do you know why papa isn't scolding Adi bhaiyya or anyone these days? Have you noticed?"

"I have noticed papa is happy these days so he doesn't get angry at anyone and doesn't scold anyone."

"Now tell me Pihu have you ever seen papa so happy?"

"Yes, whenever I come first in my class papa gets happy."

Ruhi had smiled indulgently at the little one then and run a fond hand over her cheek.

"Pihu but did papa stay happy all the time? Even when you didn't have exams and announce that you came first?"

"No."

The little girl had replied after pondering a little over the question.

"Now I know Pihu you saw papa and Ishimaa talking now, you heard everything. Didn't you?"

"I did, papa was hugging and kissing your Ishimaa and she did too. I didn't like it. No one can hug or kiss my papa but me."

Holding Pihu' hand softly Ruhi dropped a little kiss on the back of her hand as she pulled her sister in a hug.

"You know I love you so much right?"

The older sister asked.

"I love you too Ruhi didi."

The child replied immediately brightening up, hugging her sister as she dropped a wet kiss on her cheek.

Laughing at her antics Ruhi wiped her face when she began again,

"See we just hugged and kissed right because we love each other? Papa wouldn't mind if you hugged or kissed me or I you now, would he?"

"No papa knows that I love you so much and that you love me too. He has asked me to stay away from strangers but you aren't one, you're my didi."

"Then it means that people who love each other can and do hug and kiss right?"

"Yes. I hug and kiss papa, bua, dadu, daadi, Adi bhaiyya and mama too."

"Do you now see why papa and Ishimaa were hugging and kissing?"

The little girl immediately lost the twinkle in her eyes and stood up intending to leave, making the older one stand up too.

"I don't like your Ishimaa Ruhi didi and I don't like what you are saying. Papa can't love her."

Understanding that this needed patience and careful tact, Ruhi changed tactics.

"Okay Pihu I won't talk about Ishimaa but can I talk to you about Shagun mama?"

Calming down at the prospect her junior turned around and stood her ground but didn't respond.

"Pihu Shagun mama loves you so much right?"

"Mama loves me the most."

The little girl spoke up but didn't lose her rigid stance.

"So she hugged and kissed you?"

"Yes."

"Pihu can you tell me something then?"

"What?"

"Did you ever see papa hug Shagun mama? Hear them say that they love each other?"

Pihu opened her mouth to say something but realised that she had never seen papa and mama behave like the way papa and Ruhi didi's Ishimaa did. They never talked much, let alone hug or say that they love each other. Her papa and mama didn't even share a room, but she knew mamas and papas  were supposed to.

Understanding her silence, Ruhi gently held Pihu by her hand and made her sit back again, putting an arm around her shoulders.

"Pihu, I know why you are so quiet. The answer is no, isn't it?"

With a sad, little face the girl had nodded her head.

"Do you understand what this means Pihu?"

Ruhi had hated pushing her little sister like this however she knew that she had to do it.

"That papa doesn't love Shagun mama."

Pihu had whispered softly, with a dejected look on her face, her body hunched over herself. Ruhi understood that this must be so hard for Pihu however she had to egg her on a little more if it meant that Pihu would understand the most important truth about her life. Even if not immediately. She has to know she's Ishimaa' daughter someday and she was borne out of love that her parents shared, the love that she has witnessed tonight.

The little girl had turned to her then and asked her a question she wasn't sure how to answer.

"But why doesn't papa love mama Ruhi didi? Papas are supposed to love mamas. The papas of all my friends love their mamas."

How could she explain to Pihu what was the history shared among the people whom she wishes were in love without traumatising the child Ruhi wondered. How do you tell a child her mother's not the woman she thinks her to be and there's a whole baggage that she has no idea about with a murky past and sordid realities.

Luckily for her, the one person in the world who could understand this as well as her came to her rescue as she saw the tall figure of her Adi bhaiyya crouching down besides them as he went on his knees in front of Pihu.

"Because Shagun mama isn't papa's special person Pihu."

"But mama is special she loves us so much Adi bhaiyya." The little girl protested with a whimper.

"Sssh, Pihu please don't cry. Of course mama is special, everyone's mama is special but I am not talking about mama being special for us, her kids but for papa. That's a different kind of special."

"Different how?"

The child had asked instantly making the older siblings exchange a look as the brother looked away his eyes then falling on the picture of his grandparents, as he found his answer.

"A different kind of special as in, how daadi is special to dadu. Dadu loves all of us so much doesn't he? He loves papa, bua, chachu, Ruhi, you and me, everyone of us. But he loves daadi the most. Because she's his special person, the one person in this world with whom he can be the happiest, saddest and fight with the most. She's the one person who cares about him more than all of us."

"But mama cares about everyone including papa Adi bhaiyya."

Closing his eyes, breathing deeply for a moment Adi looked at his youngest sister as he tried to explain her to why the people who gave birth to him aren't soulmates.

"She does Pihu, but have you seen papa ever cry or smile with mama the way he does with Ishimaa? Have you seen him smile like that when Shagun mama was around like he does when he's with Ishimaa? The point isn't whether mama is special or she cares or not Pihu, it is if she's the one special person who's makes papa the happiest he can be and who makes him smile, who's the one person in front of whom papa can cry if he's upset or sad or be mad at if he's unhappy."

"So your Ishimaa is papa' special person but mama isn't?"

Adi so wanted to tell his sister she's your Ishimaa too, more than she's mine or Ruhi's in that moment, for you are a part of her, her flesh and blood but held back.

"Yes Pihu she is and Shagun mama isn't. If she had been she wouldn't have been married to Mani uncle today now would she have been?"

"She had to marry Mani uncle though Adi bhaiyya!" The little girl cried out in anguish,

"Your Ishimaa made her marry him. She made mama go away then why are you not mad at her? She's your mama too right? Mamas and papas are supposed to be together forever and married to each other but she made mama marry that uncle, she didn't allow mama to marry papa. She threw our mama out, so I'm fighting for her. I'm mama's little soldier."

The words came rushing out of the child as she couldn't hold back any longer, making the older siblings aware that there's a lot more than meets the eye involved here.

Taking over from her brother, Ruhi crouched down besides him as she asked Pihu softly the same question that was on her brother's mind.

"Pihu why would you say that? Who told you that Ishimaa made Shagun mama marry Mani uncle to throw her out?"

"Mama did, she told me that your Ishimaa is a very bad person and she separated mama from papa and everyone here. She made mama marry and go away. Now she wants to separate me from papa too. But I won't let her win. I would live with mama. Mama has told me to fight for her so much that we can live together forever."

Adi asked Pihu sombrely after having exchanged a look with Ruhi, in whose eyes he could see the same turmoil and hurt reflected as his. Keeping an arm around her, as he placed his other hand on the shoulder of his baby sister.

"Do you trust us Pihu? Your Ruhi didi and Adi bhaiyya?"

"Yes bhaiyya, but why are you asking me that?"

"Because I want you to understand somethings Pihu and I want you to trust us, to know that we are going to ask something of you which we hope you would understand and accept."

"What Adi bhaiyya?"

For a moment he simply wanted to blurt out the truth about the woman who happens to be Ruhi and his biological mother, the one Pihu thought of as her own too but stopped himself knowing that it's not something that Pihu would simply come to understand and accept.

"Pihu, I.. We want you to not hurt our Ishimaa in anyway whatsoever please. Don't talk rudely to her or behave like you do with her. She's our mother and we love her a lot, like we love you. When you hurt her, when she cries we don't like it and papa doesn't either. He cries too when Ishimaa does. Do you want papa to cry? Do you think we like to see our mother hurt? I know you love us a lot Pihu, papa, me and Ruhi didi. For our sake can you please be nice to Ishimaa, please Pihu?"

He begged desperately for his mother, the woman he knows he owes so much more than he could ever put into words. Ishimaa isn't the mother who bore him for nine months but he's here today thanks to her and not just because she risked her life time and again for saving him and their family, by once losing her unborn child picking him and Ruhi over it or by jumping into fire literally for him. No, he owes her his sanity, his peace of mind, he owes it to her that today he understands what's love really when he had believed it to be only mindless pampering once.

Had it been another woman, the perennial incarnation of the wicked stepmother of many a tales in the flesh, he might not have been here in the comfort of his home and basked in the love of his family, he might still have been stuck somewhere on those streets perhaps where he had ended up that night as the woman who birthed him found herself in a pile of trash after being unceremoniously dumped by the man for whom she had left and hurt his father.

He owes his Ishimaa, the presence of the most important man in his life, his papa, who's  love he never would have found or understood had she been not supportive of papa and forgiven him time and again for all the pain he put her through. Any other woman might have had asked her husband to drop off his disobedient, wayward son from his ex-wife in some hostel or pay her child maintenance and gotten him out of her hair, but his Ishimaa hadn't resorted to any such means. She had given him time and understanding, accepted him for who he is and loved him unconditionally.

If this is something he can do for her, make sure her own daughter doesn't disrespect her, he would consider that he could finally pay her back albeit just an ounce of what he owes her and it would be more than he could define.

When Pihu looked from Ruhi to him and stayed silent, he began to lose heart and hope, for he knew where she was coming from. His mother is back to her old ways and the hurt he feels watching his innocent little sister be a pawn, much like he was, a reflection of his past and his mother's deeds; is too much to put into words. For he knows exactly what kind of a turmoil Pihu finds herself in. The loyalty she feels she owes wrestling with the love he knows she must feel from Ishimaa for her too, and the love she holds for them - papa, Ruhi and him.

He's about to turn to Ruhi to ask her to take Pihu to bed when she speaks up and his heart soars with relief.

"Okay Adi bhaiyya I won't be mean to your Ishimaa. I will behave nicely with her. I don't want papa to cry. I don't want you and Ruhi didi to think that I'm a bad girl. You won't be angry with me or hate me now, will you? You, Ruhi didi or papa?"

His sister had finished, murmuring as she looked up at her older siblings, tears ready to spill from her eyes as they shone, making his and Ruhi' heart go out to the child as they engulfed her in the fiercest of bear hugs.

"Of course not Pihu. We can never hate you my little baby, you're our princess aren't you? We all love you so much. We can never hate you."

"Promise Adi bhaiyya?"

"Of course we promise." He had assured Pihu with a kiss on her cheek, wiping away tears from her eyes.

"Now come on time for you to get some sleep."

He told the little girl with a smile, ruffling her hair as he did so, picking her up in his arms and setting her down on her feet as he watched her walk up the stairs to their parents' room as he and Ruhi watched her, Ruhi promising Pihu she'd join her shortly.

"Adi bhaiyya."

Ruhi had turned to him immediately as Pihu was out of earshot.

"I wish I could have said that I'm surprised but I'm not. I should know this better than anyone else how Shagun mama can manipulate and brainwash. I have been there where Pihu is today."

"It means that Ishimaa might have been kidnapped by Shagun mama too. She had her goons try and kill her Adi bhaiyya how could she? I know what she is, we know that or at least I thought we did. Manipulating a child, playing games was always her thing but kidnapping and attempt to murder too now?"

"Have you forgotten Ruhi she had planned to kidnap us on that day when she left me alone to die in the fire? When that earthquake happened, she ran away to save herself and left us to die."

Ruhi quavered then, recalling the moments of sheer terror and panic that she lived that day. Watching her unconscious brother trapped in the middle of fire, the cries for help she had yelled that day, watching her Ishimaa jump in the fire to save Adi bhaiyya even as she pleaded with strangers to take her to safety after their own mother had abandoned them to die. Losing Ishimaa in the rubble of the building that had came crashing down on her, finally finding her with papa only to discover she's unresponsive and the sheer fright of thinking that they had lost her forever. Her papa who was always yelling at or fighting with or showing his bravado to Ishimaa, had been so terror striken that she can never forget his tears and his desperate pleas to Ishimaa asking her to wake up.

The moments flashing in front of her eyes as if she had lived them all over again.

She had shivered when Adi bhaiyya had put his arms around her, watching her plight.

"We have to tell papa and everyone what we learned Adi bhaiyya. We have to let them know what Pihu told us."

"We will Ruhi we will. Shagun mama has toyed with us, but we won't allow her to use Pihu like she used us. We will protect our sister, like Ishimaa and papa protected us."

He told his frightened sister, his chin on the top of her head as he hugged her to himself.

As the older siblings, cried holding onto each other, the youngest one who was in her papa' bed wondered why was it that her mama said those things and if she did and is right, why did Adi bhaiyya say everyone loves his Ishimaa.

She recalled how Adi bhaiyya said that like daadi is special for dadu, Ishimaa is special for papa, because she made him happy and smile. Papa never smiled, was never happy before Ruhi didi came or so she had thought, but Ruhi didi hadn't come alone, she had come after the game papa had played with Ishimaa. The game which required them to share a room like mama and papa.

She wondered then, did Ishimaa make papa happy, make him smile?

Her thoughts wandered to the moments she had witnessed in the living room when papa or Ishimaa hadn't known she was standing there listening to and watching them.

They had talked about her she remembered. Even Ishimaa. She had thought about her for years, she had said but how could she when they had never met before Pihu wondered.

Her tired eyes lost the battle against sleep when her confused and overwhelmed mind was bombarded with the flashbacks of the things she saw tonight, of the conversation she had with Ruhi didi and Adi bhaiyya as she recalled Ruhi didi's story about how Ishimaa was her angel and thinking if she was as bad as mama says she is then why did she never get angry at her or tried to yell or hit her even though she had hurt her by throwing the photoframe at her.

The last thought on her mind as sleep claimed her was how could she have liked being hugged by someone who wasn't nice, if Ruhi didi's Ishimaa was bad and how she had told papa she had liked being hugged by her so much the day when they had first met and Ishimaa had saved her life rushing to her and risking her own.

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Firstly, I'm so glad that you finally got motivated to write something Aani 😳 Your stories present YHM in such a beautiful manner, they bring out the essence of the very story. It is always a wonderful delight to read them 😳 😃

This moment that you have captured, is so pure and so unfortunate for all the five people involved in the scene. The parents and the kids - the broken family.

IshRa's conversation is reminiscent of the bond they shared back then, and one that is coming back to life now. Their pain on being separated for so long, joy on finding themselves together back again. The little touches - sharing the same plate, her wiping off his mouth, his biting her finger, holding hands, before giving in and kissing her cheeks. It is but obvious they would have missed this all these years, and it pains one to know how simple, yet perfect their little life together could have been. The 'Raman mama' bit is so cute. Imagining Puttar to be playing the mother and putting all his kids to sleep, even the grown-up ones - I can so imagine that and it melts my heart And then them retiring for the night, to spend it with each other, is the most natural thing I would expect them to do 😳

Ruhi & Adi - The kids that have seen it all, lived through it all, and are yet strong enough to bear more and help their little sister cruise through it too. How mature of them both! The years their parents spent apart, they too spent those away from any sort of true parental love and care, but it has only strengthened their parents' values in them, their Ishima's upbringing one can say. They've grown wise beyond their years, full of understanding and sincerity, and are more than well-equipped to figure out their biological mother's ways of working. It felt so nice to see them both guiding Pihu through some really important questions, for letting their smart little sister try to figure things out on her own. Truly IshRa's kids in all senses 😳

And now the one whose innocent eyes couldn't understand the gravity of the situation, and wouldn't believe what they saw - Pihu! I so wished Pihu didn't have to see this, but on the other hand, it seems like a necessary evil. Here's this little kid, whose supposed parents have been playing house with her ever since she has been born. Her world has been turned upside down ever since this aunty came into their life, claiming to be playing a game to get her elder sister back into her home, driving her mother away, and claiming a right on her father. Which 7 year old will be understand the intricacy of such a situation? Her doubts, her concern, her questions, her mistrust, her anger - are all valid. She doesn't know a thing, and she's loyal to her mother as any kid would be. She's so much more confused than even Adi was in a similar situation, for the simple reason that Adi knew Shagun was his biological mom, and Ishita was his father's wife. Does Pihu know who her biological mom is? No. Does she know what relationship do Raman and Ishita share? No. All that is bound to scare her of her family ripping apart, and hence the confusion and anger. I feel so sad for the little kid who's supposed to the symbol of IshRa's love, yet has been hit the most.

Beautiful, beautiful read Aani 🤗 🤗

Edited by -Nidoo- - 7 years ago
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It's always so amazing to get something by you 😳 And this one was so wonderful, heartfelt, emotional and perfect in its own way. 

Raman and Ishita stayed away for so many years, but the time apart only increased their longing. In the moments shared by them here, that love and longing is so palpable, intense and beautiful. Their comfort around each other, their conversation... especially about what held her from coming back and him accepting his wrong and expressing what pushed him to say what he did. 

IshRa have always let the other grow in the relation and not held them back, so something like Raman taking over home and Ishita work for sometime is a very progressive thought. And situation is reversed at home with Raman waiting up for her... Their intimate actions and conversations flow effortlessly and one can make out that they both wouldn't want to be anywhere but with each other...

Pihu witnessing it all, observing the difference between how her father had been and how he is now was the focus of this story and indeed justifies the title. Through her eyes of innocence she sees that her father was never this happy, and what she thought he had with Shagun was only a facade or an imagination...whereas the truth is what IshRa share.

For Adi and Ruhi to explain her everything is the best that can even happen on the show. They've been through a rough ride because of their 3 parents, out of which One... (Shagun) has been the root of all problems. She has used each of those children for her selfish needs and put them through insecurities and ordeals they didn't deserve to see. They know the reality of IshRa, the extent to which they can both go through for the other and of the depth of their bond. 

You've shown everything that would make a story on this family perfect. IshRa rebond, Ruhi Adi teaming, and Pihu's innocence being molded the way it should be. 

Wonderful story, something I could read over and over when I want to uplift my mood...

Thanks so much for this 🤗
Edited by -Anku- - 7 years ago
IshitaIrani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Wow
I m speechless
I wish we see that in yhm
Loved pihu pov
How adi and ruhi handled her
How they comforted each other
Loved their bonding
Loved ishita raman scene too
It is really bad to see pihu in place where adi was once
I hope u write how they tell her abt ishita being her mother
I really want to read what happened after this night
How pihu pov and actions are changed
Such a nice and beautiful os
You really give away all their emotions
I can feel pihu helplessness about the situation
Write soon
--QUEEN-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Very beautiful👏
Even babies can understand why papa and ishima should live together if explained correctly but I don't understand why few people who watched the show from the day one argue that shagun deserves what all belongs to ishita.🤢
I really liked adi's monologue that he loves his ishima not because she saved his life from the fire ignoring the danger she gonna face, not because she lost her own baby for them, but for the peace of mind and beautiful life she gave him with the family. Really extraordinary👏
I really feel people who feel shagun deserves bhalla house, once reads this, they would surely change their opinion.
Beautifully written👏
Ishra2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Awsm...i loved this os...Continue it showing all knowing the truth of shagun...
s_kavya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Hi Aani great to see something from you after long ... Your write ups are always treat to read 😊

As expected it was beautiful piece of writing you portrayed ishra emotions after being together from long separation of 7 years loved there heart to heart talk in a light manner with a great understanding and at the same time Pihu's innocent questions which arise cause of all sudden changes in her life her PaPa's life how she was confused about her father and this new aunty's relationship and how Ruhi tried to Make understand that thing about what importance that Haarwali Aunty held in his father's life..it was beautifully portrayed here.

I loved how in all this Ruhi and Adi handled pihu and at the same time they get to know the truth of shagun... All in all loved this update.. Wish to get more such write ups from you Aani 😊

Once again loved reading it would love to read more.. Thanks for the PM Aani 🤗 Edited by s_kavya - 7 years ago
shravsss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So beautifully written Aani.. How I wish to see something like this on TV, enacted by the actors of YHM. That will be bliss. All the emotions were intact, Ishra in their romance,Nok Jhok, sweet nothings, hugs kisses... Awesome. Pihu's emotions and understanding of the situation, her analyzing things, her possession on her father, everything is absolutely described awesomely. I liked how you included the earthquake sequence in this, Ruhi remembering everything that happened. Adi wanting to do something for his Ishima. Marvelous. 
Ruhi Adi telling Pihu and getting to know about Shagun is what I expected from serial as well, but probability seems meager.  

Keep writing more Aani...
Love,
Shravs.
manishwari2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful as always Aani. Hope something atleast close to this happens in the show too. Seeing you after a very long time in the forum