as
Dallas Winston- the toughest one of the lot

Samar

as Ponyboy Curtis, the youngest brother and main narrator

Garv

as Sodapop Curtis, the well-loved middle brother

Adharsh

as Darry Curtis, the eldest brother

Arjun as Johnny (the youngest of the gang)

Dhairya as Two-bit (the funny guy)

Image result for the outsiders gifs
Amar

as Steve (one in denim shirt), Soda's(Garv's) best friend

Sonarika as Sandy (Garvs gf)

Ananya

as Cherry Valance
Image result for cherry dallas gif

Bhavna as Marcia, (Ananya's  friend)

Image result for marcia two bit the outsiders

Rajbir as Bob Sheldon (Ananyas ex)

Ankur as Randy (Garv's rival/Sona's step-brother)

film the outsiders ralph macchio johnny cade randy adderson

Chapter 1
There was nothing quite like a long walk back home from the pictures. Well maybe a good book to drown in. Samar would have called his brothers but they weren't into movies or books like he was. Adharsh was far too busy maintaining the garage to bother himself with that. Nonsense and fantasies he would call it. Garv never even picked up a book. But he did try sometimes if only for his sake, not to read but to listen to Samars thoughts and feelings on them. He loved Garv a lot, more than he loved anyone. Everyone did really but Samar couldn't imagine what he would do without him. If it was just him and Adharsh it wouldn't have been so easy to smooth talk his way to taking a stroll alone and see the movies or visit the library. And without these things he didn't want to imagine how dull his life would be. They had lost their parents in a car crash and Adharsh had had to grow up too fast, taking care of his two younger brothers and even the whole gang for that matter. It gave him some control he supposed. Maybe thats why he gave little importance to things like books and movies, for him it was all about work, he worked too long and hard to care about those kind of things. But for Samar those things meant more than just escape. He liked to think that Garv got him in that way, not like the others, but at the same time he did mock him for not attending to other things. Like girls for instance which of course from Garv's perspective took primary importance being the casanova he was and all. Samar stopped before the a shop window noticing the film poster, the actor standing in full swag. He stood in line with it and glanced at his reflection mimicking the pose. He was wearing a tatty jeans with a black oversized hand me down vest from Garv and a leather jacket. He fancied that he was growing into it. He combed back his hair with his hand. He had curly hair longer than most guys he knew and was growing a stubble in attempt to mask his youthful look, to avoid the teasing from college. It was naive to assume he might be treated any better by it but naivety was the mentality of the college folks so that's just what it required.
A red corvette car revved up from behind him. Samar took one glance at it from the reflection and swerved away from it as quickly as he could. He hitched his thumbs inside his jeans pocket and walked straight on. He had no plan on encountering the Socs today, Adharsh had warned him of the risk of loning it, if they saw a lone greaser they would jump him, and here he was fully exposed to them with no means of a quick getaway. That's what they were called, Socs, the privileged upper class boys from the west side, their rivals. The difference between them and the Greasers, apart from the class thing was that they would go seeking for trouble whereas for the Greasers trouble pretty much came to them. Shakti was an exception of course, he made his own rules,the toughest, wildest of them all, the real character of the gang. He would be terrified if he was a Soc having to face Shakti. If only he was here now. Samar had a good build but he didn't fancy his chances against the 4 socs that were advancing on him.
'Hey pretty boy, checking yourself out were you?' Chirped one guy in a high collared T-shirt. The car was following him as he walked. 'We are going to rough you up real good Grease' chimed another, Samar knew who that voice belonged to. It was Rajbir, he was the most vicious of the lot, he used his teeth in rumbles. Amar had shown him the bite marks he inflicted on his wrist one time during a rumble. He didnt know how he had managed to avoid this guy till now.
Just as he rounded the corner the gang pulled up beside him and leapt out surrounding him slowly, silently. Samar backed up, and looked about him desperately, maybe he could find a bottle to hold them back with like Amar had done one time. Suddenly they hurtled towards him, what happened next happened in flashes. He was thrown to the concrete, head came smashing against it. He tried to draw himself to his feet but was quickly surrounded and felt the relentless onslaught of blows and thrashes right in his chest. Samar felt hope quickly vanish as he lay immobile unable to muster the strength in his arms while Rajbir fell upon him, pinned his arms down and grinned at him wildly before biting down his neck. Samar cried in pain and tried to pummel him away but to no effect. He was swearing at them between gasps.
'Shut him up' one of them said. Rajbir clamped a hand over his mouth while he writhed under his weight and pressed his fingers into the blood bite. His throat was under excruciating pain and his head was still reeling from the clash upon the concrete while his vision was gradually blackening. He could only screw his eyes shut and hope that they would kill him off quickly, that wouldn't happen with Rajbir of course. He could taste the blood that was quickly drawing from his mouth. He felt himself slip into the comforting darkness and fell into a daze. He didn't know what was happening as the Socs around him began trampling over him and running. The blackness was inviting. But suddenly he was wrenched back out and roughly shaken hearing the soft but anxious voice of his brother Garv who loomed over him. He felt flicks of water on his face and prised his eyes open hazily watching from afar as Adharsh, Shakti and Amar began beating and chasing the gang away with heavy wooden sticks.
'Samar look alive, come on chote' Garv said trying not to betray the hint of concern even though his face was creased with worry.
He hauled him onto his feet and helped him to a nearby car to prop him up against.
'Im fine, it's just a small cut.'
Garv ripped a piece of cloth off his shirt and pressed it gently against Samars throat. Garv fussed over him as he cupped his face checking for any other bruising and cuts.
'Youre bleeding you fool, don't act wise with me.'
Samar tried not to let his tears show as his elder brother helped him. Garv placed his hand on Samars shoulder
'You're good kiddo, they aint gonna hurt you no more'. He muttered softly
'I know, Im just a little spooked is all' Samar responded trying not to betray any sign of his weakness.
Shakti waltzed over to them and pulled him by the scruff of his hair.
'What the hell kid? Damn Socs, jumping on you like that, and you couldn't get a punch in edge ways.'
'Come on Shakti leave him alone, he's wounded bad'
'Beh Garv. This boy need to toughen up. If we weren't there then you'd be dead right now' he said poking a finger into his chest.
Typical Shakti, he never sugar coated anything. What you see is what you get. His living motto. At the same time as it was charming it could also get quite annoying just like now, but it was true. Samar braved a face, he knew if he didn't not only would he be looked down upon but he would get a long lecture from Adharsh who now swooped over to his side speaking with deep concern
'You ok boy?'
Amar chimed 'Hey that was one hell of a beating you took!'
Adharsh looked at him impatiently. Here it comes he thought.
'Didnt I tell you this would happen huh. And what do you do? you go do it anyway, you know how well Socs love to target the loners. I told you not to lone it didn't I? Why didnt you bring a blade atleast?'
'I'm fine, I'm still alive aren't I?' Samar said with mounting irritation.
'Don't worry Adharsh we will babysit him' exclaimed Amar elbowing him in the ribs while Samar shoved him away. Garv wrapped an arm around him
'Well gotta give it to you buddy, you took it real good'. He winked at him. Samar afforded him a smile, Garv was good that way. He struck the right balance between being overly caring and too reckless. He understood. Unlike Adharsh, who didnt understand anything but cold hard facts.
'What the hell were doing walking by your lonesome anyway?' Amar said much to Samars exasperation.
'I wanted to see a movie, I didnt think-'
'You dont ever think, not at home, not anywhere. You think for someone who has their nose in a book that you'd start using that head of yours once in a while'. Adharsh said trying in vain to mask his agitation before the fellas.
Samar just stared at his shoes. Him and Adharsh never got along, he was always hollering about something or another, be it his college, house chores, going out. Hell if he'd actually carried a blade with him Adharsh would have hollered at him for doing so.
'Lay off him Adarsh, he's been through enough today. It aint his fault he likes to go to the movies and it sure aint his fault that he was jumped up by some Socs.' said Garv glaring at his older brother. Samar loved that Garv always took up for him
'If I need my kid brother to tell me what to do with my other kid brother, I'll ask him..kid brother' said Adharsh sarcastically.
The gang made their way home. Amar leapt onto Garvs back who ended up carrying him as far as his strength would allow just to win the bet that they'd started. Amar and Garv were best mates, they were always up to some mischief or another, like flirting with the girls that brought their cars to the garage, or sneaking up on unsuspecting Socs and mugging them of their possessions. You could say the flirting was harmless, but only when the girls weren't Socs. Samar was thinking of this, when coincidentally two pretty girls were walking in the opposite direction towards them with averted gazes. Samar realised they were from his college, Ananya and Bhavna, they were always together, they were the upper class girls that would not be seen for a second anywhere near the Greasers. They probably didnt even know Samar existed. Shakti, Garv and Amar slowed down as they approached and turned round to watch them walk past them. Amar whistled as they went by while Adharsh shook his head.
The girls threw a furtive look behind them at the guys, and Samar wasn't surprised to see how they giggled to each other; their eyes were for Garv only whose ripped shirt exposed his taut chest even more than normal. Girls flocking to Garv was no extraordinary thing of course. Garv had a soft heart and easily charmed anyone with his talk. But it was really his exceptionally good looks that made him famous with the girls. The brothel women always surrounded him and the girls that visited the garage often brought their car on purpose just to see him when there wasn't anything actually wrong with the car. The others enjoyed the perks of having Garv amongst them Samar included although he never made any move with girls. He was too shy he guessed to talk to them. His existence consisted of him, his 2 brothers and 4 friends, even though he liked Amar only because he was Garv's friend, Amar irritated him at times and made a point to show his own dislike towards Samar but he knew that Greasers got to stick together. Infact the whole gang were almost close as brothers, they had to look out for each other..Shakti always said so. There was also his arc enemies included in that little circle of people he interacted with so a person from the opposite gender was completely beyond his comprehension.
The gang parted ways, Adharsh, Samar and Garv heading homewards.
'Listen gang, I'll be catching a movie later at the drive in, y'all be joining me okay?' Shakti said while running back
'Sure thing buddy' shouted Garv as Shakti was a distance away from them now.
'Not me, I got business to settle' Adharsh shouted after him.
Shakti shouted 'Good, see you in town' his voice growing increasingly distant and he disappeared into the street.

Edited by daenerysnow - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daenerysnow thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Let me know your thoughts guys.
This story is based on the novel by SE Hinton and the film.
I'm still thinking bout the other roles yet to be filled
EMERSONisanASS thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey its awesome 👍🏼 loved it 
daenerysnow thumbnail
Thanks
This story may not be to everyone's liking because its not about a boy girl love story. I was rewatching some past scenes with the brothers and felt inspired to pay tribute to that brotherly ness that was missing from the show at least wasn't given its due IMO.
halfgirlfriend thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very nice start.. Always adored brothers bonding in the show and here the dynamics is little different. It was amazing how you presented three of the brothers and their equation with shakti Amar.
daenerysnow thumbnail
Chapter 2

Samar glanced in the mirror eying the fresh cuts and bruises. Shakti had told him how tough it made him look and Samar couldn't deny it- it gave him some pride to think that someone like Shakti had come close to calling him tough. But Adharsh had made him bandage it of course.
'You gonna put me right to sleep Garv' Samar peered round the door to find Garv giving Adharsh a neck and back massage. Adharsh needed that. Garv thought Adharsh worked too hard, Samar did too. Lifting and carrying bundles of concrete slabs wasn't doing his back any good and Garv had magic in his hands. Everyone knew how overworked Adharsh was to the point where he would come home feeling physically exhausted unable to move a muscle. Sometimes Garv would lock up the garage quite early or would leave Amar to oversee things and come home to cook for his brothers while they were at college and work. Garv made all kinds of scrumptious meals that couldn't be topped no matter how hard Samar tried. Samar had promised himself he would ease the workload for both his brothers as soon as he was out of college. He was upset that they'd both dropped out of college so early. But they had to, if it was to keep them from getting split and going to foster homes. Adharsh had to prove to the social authorities that he was capable of taking care of his younger brothers and supporting them.

It was late in the night as Samar buried his head in his study. He was trying to finish his essay but was feeling a wave of exhaustion sweeping over him. The light from his bedside lamp did nothing to keep him mentally alert though it forced him to stay up.
'You still awake Samar?' Garv yawned as if picking up on his weary state.
'Why don't you get in bed, its late kid'. He said very softly. Garv stretched while rolling the sheets off his bare chest.
'Yeh I guess I will'. Samar switched the lamp off and joined him in bed. Lying beside Garv and staring up at the ceiling Samar thought back to his encounter with the Socs that morning. He wondered what would have happened where it not for the gang, he would have been mauled to death most probably especially by that bloodthirsty mobster Rajbir- he shuddered as he recalled the ravenous look that Rajbir had given him. 'You cold Samar?' Garvs soothing, warm voice ruptured the stillness. Garv huddled close to him and wrapped an arm around him from behind. He felt warm against him.
'Hey Samar' Garv spoke softly from behind him. Samar inclined his head a little to show he had heard him
'Listen chote, don't pay mind to what Adharsh tells you. He means nothing by it, he's proud of you cos you're so smart. If he yells at you its only cos you're the baby but really, he does love you.' He said coaxingly.
Samar tried hard to veil his sarcasm, but Garvs comforting voice was enough to lull him into acquiescence and he simply said 'Sure'. Garv was the peacemaker between them otherwise it would be horrible to cope without him. Every time Samar would be with Adharsh there was always something or another that would get his oldest brother worked up, today it had been his lone trip to the movies, tomorrow it would be something else. In the kitchen light Adharsh had found more reason to yell at him on seeing how the bruises and cuts were actually deeper than he thought they were.
'Garv?' Samar said quietly
'Hmmm' Garv replied sleepily
'Why did you drop out of college?'
'Cos I'm dumb beta. I'm not like you, I'm better at auto-mechanics and that kind of thing. I can't manage books the way you do.'
'You're not dumb.' Samar stated.
'I am..Shut up and let me tell you something' Garv said affectionately.
'I think I'm going to marry Sonarika' Garv said his voice becoming softer than usual.
'I'll wait till you finish college of course, then me and Sonarika are going to move from here, maybe someplace on a farm or somewhere.'
The rural country, like back in their childhood Samar thought, with long winding paths speckled with falling leaves and running streams that flowed into the vast golden fields..
'That sounds nice and swell' Samar said with slight envy not sure whether his envy was because Garv had a girl, or was going to live in the country, or both. He met Sonarika once, she was an extremely pretty girl, with long flowing wavy hair and very expressive eyes, a uptown soc girl only she wasn't loud, uptight or obnoxious as some other Soc girls Samar knew from college. Samar was shy of her because she was so unexpectedly nice.
'But you will wait till I finish college though so you can keep bade bhaiya off my back' Samar answered
'Ah don't be like that beh' Garv replied lazily.
Samar knew he shouldn't but he couldn't help it. Adharsh had it in for him. Well, he had decided he'd try and leave town himself as soon as he finished college, maybe Adharsh would start to respect his independence once he was a distance away. Samar turned round to face Garv.
'Whats it like.. being in love?' Samar asked.
'Hmmm... it's real nice...'Garv replied dreamily closing his eyes.
Gradually sleep claimed him as his breathing grew light and regular. In the pale moonlight he looked like a god. How could he stand being so handsome Samar thought was beyond his comprehension, and it didn't seem to bother him none. Samar spent hours in the morning trying to fix his hair right while Garv didn't even need to try. Sometimes he'd walk out of the house with not so much as a glance in the mirror and still manage to end up good looking in a rough-edged kind of way.
Garvs protective arm around him made him relax. He didn't have to worry yet, at least till college was over. Samar eased himself against his brothers warm chest feeling the rise and fall of him amid steady breathing and slowly drifted to sleep dreaming of sun kissed fields of gold and red...

Edited by daenerysnow - 7 years ago
daenerysnow thumbnail
Originally posted by: luvankit

Very nice start.. Always adored brothers bonding in the show and here the dynamics is little different. It was amazing how you presented three of the brothers and their equation with shakti Amar.

thanks ever so much shikha! Their bonding is different here as Samar is the baby, Adharsh is the father figure while Garv almost takes on a motherly role with Samar. Shakti is the gangs tough guy so I'm going to enjoy writing him. I loved Soda and Ponyboys (garv and samar) warm bonding in the story so I hope this comes across well
lakhamcrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
awsome one riya👏
update next part soon...and the more u ,ll enjoy writing abut shakti i,m very much sure i,ll enjoy it even more😳
i,m liking their bonding :)
halfgirlfriend thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update. It was quite interesting to see the brothers from Samar's pov. And garv already has a lady for him that too from a rival clan?? How did that happen. Coming back to the topic loved Samar garv convo. Such light hearted moments with deep meaning thoughts is what I always wanted to see between brothers. Thanks to this my wish came true. Edited by luvankit - 7 years ago
arjun03 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well written, was really interesting to read about their close bonding, Samar and Garv are cute
Interesting choice of roles like Rajbir from Nagarjuna, he plays villain in that one.
Really different to last ff Riya! But I enjoy it, upload soon!