Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: TheJake

No offence, but wouldn't even call em Muslims. ๐Ÿ˜†

What is the difference between Sunnis & Shias?

The popularity of Shia's not much. What, less than 10%? Majority Muslims are considered to be Sunnis.

Shia believe that after Prophet Mohammad PBUH, the successor should have been Ali. Leadership should have been continued by Prophet's descendants, but Sunnis believe Mohammad's Allah's last messenger. That's it. Nobody should have succeeded. 

The praying style is different too. If you see them pray, you can easily tell by that. Shia pray while keeping their hands at their side, while Sunnis put their hands on their stomachs (Women above chest).

Bold - No Offense too.But i think that's something too extreme to say.. Shias believe in Allah.
There's quite a misconception regarding Shias imo. I have many shia friends who read the same Kalma as us in classes though they would never pray before us.
They just go too over-boarded with their love for Ali.

TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TheBoss

I think there is already enough division already with 72 sects. And then fateha durood vs non fateha duroods, jamat e islamis, tableeghis, dawat e islamis. Everyone will answer for themselves right we dont have to enforce our interpretation as the righteous one. 

Of course.

More than division, it's about one's belief. You believe, you believe.
flipfl0p thumbnail
Why is it controversial? I have read similar articles in Dawn too (festivals getting limited to rituals, but not understanding their significance). For that matter, every religion has the same issue. 
As kids, sometimes we celebrated Shivratri. We used to be awake at whole night, watching movies, playing games etc. When I grew up, I realised we should have been praying to God that then. ๐Ÿ˜†.

Amongst Hindus, they are supposed to visit Kashi once at least in their life. There, they Should decide to quit something for the rest of their life. (Kind of sacrificing something which is very dear). But most will pledge to leave a vegetable or a fruit which they generally dislike ๐Ÿ˜†. 

We are are not spiritually elevated people. Festivals are for fun, not for spirituality. 
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: hotchic

Bold - No Offense too.But i think that's something too extreme to say.. Shias believe in Allah.
There's quite a misconception regarding Shias imo. I have many shia friends who read the same Kalma as us in classes though they would never pray before us.
They just go too over-boarded with their love for Ali.

I never said that. What I stated in my comment is the main difference between two sections. In the end, as you said - They just go too over board in their love for Hazrat Ali. That and couple details. 
after listen sheeba aslam faihmi than i know about shia sunni 
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf2JsBG6zg0[/YOUTUBE]

listen her 
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Religious talks not allowed in the forum.. this topic has been flagged with non compliance
Soon to come๐Ÿ˜†
Zeeliciousxo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: yamyam

Religious talks not allowed in the forum.. this topic has been flagged with non compliance

Soon to come๐Ÿ˜†

Yup, I was planning to report it myself.
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheJake

No offence, but wouldn't even call em Muslims. ๐Ÿ˜†

What is the difference between Sunnis & Shias?

The popularity of Shia's not much. What, less than 10%? Majority Muslims are considered to be Sunnis.

Shia believe that after Prophet Mohammad PBUH, the successor should have been Ali. Leadership should have been continued by Prophet's descendants, but Sunnis believe Mohammad's Allah's last messenger. That's it. Nobody should have succeeded. 

The praying style is different too. If you see them pray, you can easily tell by that. Shia pray while keeping their hands at their side, while Sunnis put their hands on their stomachs (Women above chest).

You are wrong. 
There are 4 caliphs  (Hazrat Abu Bakr, Umar, Usman and Ali) after the Holy Prophet..the order in which they SHOULD have succeeded after the Prophet is the issue between Shias and Sunnis. 

Shias too believe that the Holy Prophet was the last prophet. You're confusing stuff here. 

Originally posted by: yamyam

Soon to come๐Ÿ˜†

Khud start kiya sab se pehle ab khud ๐Ÿ˜†
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ZanduBaaM

Khud start kiya sab se pehle ab khud ๐Ÿ˜†

I honestly had no idea that I had opened a can of worms๐Ÿ˜† Mein ne tou bas ek observation ki thi๐Ÿ˜†