The Ishqbaazi Tales: Episode 2.

Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hola ho everyone...this is your crazy lass reporting with her take on the second episode of the newest offering straight outta 4Lions kitchen. It is saucy, delicious and enough doses of spice sprinkled on right courses for us to gulp it down as a whole.😳😳

So we begin on the note that we were left with in the last episode. The ObBros make a highly stylized entry splashing buckets of water on their respective set of parents' sinister plots. Okay can't help but like the fact that they are ready to stay and sail through thick and thin as on. The OhBoy ObBros!

The episode begins with a rather expected clash of ideas among the sons of second and third generation. Pinki chides Shivaay for having brought Om and Rudra along. While she makes it clear that she harbors no ill will on the love that is prevalent among the brothers, she also rings it clear that it is Shivaay who should take the lead and that Obroi surname is nothing but a pandrah hazzar carore ka note' that should have Shivaay written all over it. Shakti makes a meek protest to the same but is shushed by the loud mouth that is Pinki.

Shivaay firmly and chillingly says that the only thing he cares about is the bond he shares with his brothers and the rest is something that doesn't matter. Today the character of Shivaay opened up to us in a manner more intimate. He is a mountain of a creature that has a wet core that sings only of his siblings and no one else. One facet of his personality is out in the open. He might be a narcissist, preying on power but he has a softer side to his personality. Now the question that still remains is how long before this moist land turns into a desert...for the blatant fact is that poisonous dry winds are blowing all around.

Nakul was really good in the scenes wherein he had to switch between being a cold, callous creature to being warm, loving and doting elder brother. I was right on hitting that it is Nakul's character that is restricting him to go all out on his portrayal. Although a little bit of more work on his diction is what I would want out of him. He mumbles his dialogues a bit. Apart from that I find no flaws in his performance.

Next the scene switches to Tej, Jhanvi and Om. Tej being driven by his maniacal lust for power is visibly agitated at the fact that Om doesn't make a vibrant show of his thoughts. A thought being that Omkara is the next chair person of Oberoi industries. He even insults his artistic impressions and his mother Jhanvi for having fuelled that fire of finding mirth in cold stone idols. Om reacts and reacts violently to the fact and makes Tej apologize to his mother and takes leave without looking back.

Now as I have already said, Om intrigues me. There is definitely more that what meets the eye. The equation between this mother-son reminded me of Mughal princess Man Bai and her son Khusrau. The tales have it that Man Bai was the first wife of Jehangir and was thoroughly neglected by Jehangir who found being entertained by various courtesans better that being in the company of a woman who loved him with her all. Ultimately Man Bai drugged herself to death and the estranged relation between Jehangir and Khusrau reached its pinnacle with the former rending the latter blind. Jhanvi fits seamlessly into that cut out role. She is neglected, uncared and has no respite or consolation of any sort and naturally has gravitated towards keeping her buzz high and senses low. She carries grief in her and has unfortunately passed it on to her son, who takes it like a DNA code embedded into him.

If Om hates relationships and commitments it is because he sees both his parents and his uncle and aunt who are but hollowed version of what is supposed to be love. Kunal looked great but he needs to put in a little bit of more effort in portraying scene that requires him to be detached and carry indifference. While as a fun addition to the ObBro team he is in his superlative avatar, he fumbles while playing a man bordering insanely on negatives of life. But it still is #TeamOmakara for me!😆

And then of course we have the party animal Rudra flirting away to glory with two girls at once and emerge as what we would call as a stud. There is nothing, literally nothing to the scene that would make us look for any obvious that we might be missing. I wanted to dismiss Rudra as a non-significant one but then juxtaposing a scene from previous episode shows you that even he holds uncharted territories in him and there might be things on his side that would surprise us. When Piku in the last episode nervously and hurriedly called him up he fell into the role of a doting brother easily telling her that she is their Piku Pehelwaan' and that she is the best. Something tells me he will have a lot to offer in near future to all of us.

Leenesh fits the character like a second skin and I think that is the best thing about him. We haven't had a scene that can truly make us assess his acting chops but so far so good. I like Ruddy to be honest even if he feels like a guy out of much hated Mills&Boons. (Yes, I have strict aversion to fluffy, cotton candy romance!🤢)

Anika again makes an appearance. Her stance and stand on the family name rings it across that she is an orphan and maybe more so because she is a girl. Only time will tell how right I am on this one. She, as I said before, is a stalk material out of 4Lions saga of love-hate stories. Yes, she doesn't take things lying down and goes by eet ka jawab pathar se' but still I find something amiss in her. Maybe a more grounded version of her would make me actually like her. Up until now I am happy seeing her as a decorative piece in this narration. Surbhi is good but that's that. Nothing overtly brilliant about her. She is good and that is it.

That panga between Shivaay and Anika was executed well but I felt as though they are rushing on with this one. We are here for the bromance that you promised 4Lions, dupatta-waala-pyaar and pin-to-the-wall sequences can wait for a while. I seriously am finding it to be a bit of a hindrance, hopefully it will not turn into a turbulent ride for us viewers who are now aboard.

There are few scenes really worth mentioning. The first being the fun-banter amidst the boys. Especially Shivaay and Om who ganged up on Ruddy boy to make it clear that they can mash him into a pulp as it is their birthright. But if an outsider tries to do the same they'd turn Hulk for their baby brother.

Second being Kalyani dadi-Janvi-Pinki scene. You can see how desperately Kalyani tries to mend the cords that are broken. But you can fix what is broken not what is ravaged. Whatever it is between Tej and Shakti has fueled the fire between Jhanvi and Pinki and there is no turning back at all. Pinki's ambition are running wild now that Shivaay is of age and Jhanvi's grief is consuming her seeing Shweta return and Om being even more detached. Either way it does spell doom.

Thirdly this faceless entity called Ashok. He is the dark of doom that somewhere lurks on the family and both Tej and Shakti know this well. Ashok is a dormant threat to them for some crime committed twenty years ago. In all likelihood the doom would befall on ObBros and that would be the time when allegiances and ties of blood would be truly tested. Either Shakti is worried for the ties of blood or the allegiances...you simply can't count on anyone in here.

Shweta, whoever this woman is, is a Vibhishan like creature who owns a secret and will use it for her personal gain and not the benefit of this estranged pair of Ram-Lakshman. I don't know about you guys but I for one am scared of her. She is the one will bring about the abyss to the doors of Oberoi and the ones affected would be no doubt the  ObBros.

Okay peeps I made a boo-boo in my last take as it wasn't Piku but Shweta who had been rooting for an impending destruction of the Oberois. She holds the Book of Secret of Oberois and we can see that she carries poison fangs.

Up until this point the tale is covered in pastel hues but will it turn bleak or remain this way is yet to be seen. And CVs a little tip for ya...I am investing my money on the bromance that you promised, how about we stick to that? Too many sub-plots aren't allowing me to go Swoon. Fall. Thud on my ObBros!

Doth speaketh a wannabe fangurl!

P.S. Hayye Daiyya! I am doing a daily review! Yo Mahadev...shakti de, shantii de. Psst. Bholenath I do not want Shakti out of this series I am such young 22,000 years old after all!
Edited by Meself - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abhiya_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Awesome review shivani you summed up everything
Shivay dad is confusing as of me he is not what he is showing.. and coming to Shivay,he is just hard from outside or to the outside world but emotional when comes to family like ASR and Asad
But loving the way Nakul is carrying the character

Om this guy is making me ask for more.. I loved the way he made his dad apologize his mother... don't know about future but now my heart goes for his mother..well am also TeamOmkara all the way

Rudra am not expecting anything from this character just loving his bond with his brothers hope we may get some shades in his character too

Anika she is just a takkar ka Jodi for Shivay but don't know there's something off with her character

They have to tone down their dupatta flying and music too is too filmy

By the way this is rev
Jess_Ru thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey shivani me again...I am stalking u no am not creepy

haa yes agree with u abhi zyada brotherhood dhedho yaa CVS those big big rooms in promos dhikhadhe yeah hl story baadh mein dhikaiyo

again agree with u anika background should be shown

awww am loving loving ruddy kitna smartly unn bimbo's ko samhala nd his expressions were LOL

omkara jeez I get tingles mentioning him

PS: plz make dis a routine its a request
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhiya_12

Awesome review shivani you summed up everything
Shivay dad is confusing as of me he is not what he is showing.. and coming to Shivay,he is just hard from outside or to the outside world but emotional when comes to family like ASR and Asad
But loving the way Nakul is carrying the character

Om this guy is making me ask for more.. I loved the way he made his dad apologize his mother... don't know about future but now my heart goes for his mother..well am also TeamOmkara all the way

Rudra am not expecting anything from this character just loving his bond with his brothers hope we may get some shades in his character too

Anika she is just a takkar ka Jodi for Shivay but don't know there's something off with her character

They have to tone down their dupatta flying and music too is too filmy

By the way this is rev

Hey gee thanks! Shakti is very confusing. We don't really know if he is genuinely worried about happened 20 years ago or is he faking it all. He comes across as a diabolic one for sure..but what is the extend of it is we will have to wait for the same!

Nakul is good but then again his character is a bit restricting, it doesn't allow him to be at ease. But I waiting for Shivaay to make a progress.

Om is love. I an shipping #TeamOmkara madly now. And this when I hated Kunal in The Buddy Project!😆 His character has depth and I would like to see how he unfolds. Rudra is very plain as of now...but who knows he might surprise us later on.

Anika is theek-thaak...I rather she not makes such out of the box appearances for my sake! That duppatta-waala-pyaar can honestly wait for a few more months! YES!😆
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: Messi2

hey shivani me again...I am stalking u no am not creepy

haa yes agree with u abhi zyada brotherhood dhedho yaa CVS those big big rooms in promos dhikhadhe yeah hl story baadh mein dhikaiyo

again agree with u anika background should be shown

awww am loving loving ruddy kitna smartly unn bimbo's ko samhala nd his expressions were LOL

omkara jeez I get tingles mentioning him

PS: plz make dis a routine its a request

You stalking me??? Man I adore and love stalkers! (Told ya I am crazy!😆) Welcome-shelcome ji! Teri-meri khoob jamegi I believe!

And yes I want bromance over romance. 4Lions sold us the tickets saying it is a brotherly love saga...so why am I seeing a Yash-Raj romance in here????🤓

Anika is a decorative piece that's it. Nothing dhamakedaar from her side and that is a bit disappointing for Gul said the heroes here would have non-conforming heroines. Like that is ever gonna happen!🤔

Omie is my homie! I love him!❤️

Making this review a routine??? I will TRY my best, that I can promise. Will this suffice?😳
Jess_Ru thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meself

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#666666">You stalking me??? Man I adore and love stalkers! (Told ya I am crazy!😆) Welcome-shelcome ji! Teri-meri khoob jamegi I believe!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#666666">And yes I want bromance over romance. 4Lions sold us the tickets saying it is a brotherly love saga...so why am I seeing a Yash-Raj romance in here????🤓</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#666666">Anika is a decorative piece that's it. Nothing dhamakedaar from her side and that is a bit disappointing for Gul said the heroes here would have non-conforming heroines. Like that is ever gonna happen!🤔</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#666666">Omie is my homie!I love him!❤️</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#666666">Making this review a routine??? I will TRY my best, that I can promise. Will this suffice?😳</font>

yes it will ...

aww u crazy me tooo
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: Messi2

yes it will ...

aww u crazy me tooo

Show some respect! I am the Empress of Crazy!😆 

Now come on, kiss my Specter of Craziness!😛😆
Jess_Ru thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meself

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" color="#666666">Show some respect! I am the Empress of Crazy!😆</font>

<font color="#666666" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Now come on, kiss my Specterof Craziness!😛😆</font>

hahaha 🤣 OK as of now the word kiss is reminding me of omkara so ...
AnnzSageflower7 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome review !!👏
Agreed with what you said about Anika. Something different is done here on this show. They are introducing the heroes first and their first looks are filled with insight into what makes them tick. So much that Anika looks too glossy and 2 dimensional. Too many slo-mo shampoo ad turns 😆

Bit knowing her from QH, she is capable of a lot so I'm gonna just be patient with her..😆.. .

I am so on #Team Omkara too right now. Because his character jumped out instantly to my liking. He's artsy and got both feet on the ground and he's so darn sexy !! 

True, Tej and Shakti have done something a long time ago; one made a mistake and the other had to cover, hence the animosity. Tej is instantly unlikable and standoff-ish, does nor connect to anyone warmly,  even his own mom. 

Shakti though is an enigma. He is cowed by his brother's bullying ways but I suspect a sneaky, scheming type of man. Much like Little Finger from Game of Thrones. 

Both Bahus were unlike-able on the go. But yesterday Jhanvi got my sympathy. Her husband is abusive and dismissive of her, and that enrages her son. She is close to him, and supports his work so she wins by me. .. plus Tej flaunts his (secretary? assistant? Second wife?) business associate Shweta /Svetlana 😆 and it's very insulting.

Gosh the woman's get up is so garish ! Business associate she is supposed to be. Frankly she looks a little like Nanny Fine ! But she's insidious and I agree with you, she smells and looks like trouble. 

Rudra is a playboy and loves it. He's unrepentant and flippant and is ripe for a life lesson... but he seems to be the gel that sticks all the siblings together. 

Shivaay is still enigmatic. I have yet to connect to his character,  thus far glossy and superficial. 

Much emphasis is placed on this Oberoi family fortune and family squabbles. I think I'll wait to see the family setting at home and at work and let them sink in.😆...

So far it's been gloss and finery , waiting for the layers to be added. 

Nice to meet you ! Love your take on Man Bai and her son ..👏
BookWormV thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fabulous review/post! You have managed to put in all the jumbled thoughts regarding the episode into such a fabulous post. Loved it.! Looking forward to future episode takes by you.
-V
😊