Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Shy_

In India, a single male is usually not eligible to be an adoptive parent. 
There are few exceptions , also they can't adopt a girl child and should be above age 30.

Yeah but then even married couples refuse to go for adoption..There are very few who are genuinely open to this idea despite having the option of IVF or surrogacy..But then like i said, i do realize its easier to say all this and its a totally different thing to actually go do it 😆
AnVishtian thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Bollywood celebrities coming out in open about themselves, be it homosexual or asexual .. whatever, it helps the society in accepting such people as what they are.

Of course, Tusshar's move is gutsy. But more than him, his parents need to be applauded. They have accepted their children as whatever they are and have supported and encouraged them. 
Today, Ekta is a successful entrepreneur (I might detest her soaps. But I cannot take away the fact, she is successful and can read people's mind better than others). I am sure, Tusshar's baby apart from being loved from her family, will also get acceptance and respect from the society. This would not have happened, if her grandparents did not welcome her with open arms. I wish, she becomes as successful as her aunt, but without torturing us the way her aunt does 😆. 

@Bold:
100000+

I agree, it's the parents who need to be applauded more so for being so open minded and accepting of their children's decision like this. It's not easy at all to be like this in the society we live in, even with all advancements and modernization in thinking people still think badly when they hear of such things, even worse when they hear that the child is adopted because majority of the people still believe that if the kid isn't of your blood then he isn't fit to be part of the family. Only children of their own blood and lead the family line and nonsense like that. 🤢
It takes a lot of guts and determination to face such society and family and raise a kid. This is why people are a little more open to IVF/Surrogate than adoption. I hope we can see a day when people would rather prefer adoption but even if one person does, the rest of the world will not agree or support.
Edited by .Rinnie. - 7 years ago
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: raj80

congrats...but wish people opted for adoption instead of surrogacy...

This. I always wonder why is it so necessary to share genes. Its a child. If you want a child, you should be able to love any child.

But then my mom says that when i have children of my own then i'll understand - so i'll reserve judgement as I am speaking from only a theoretical pov rather than from any personal desire for a child. Maybe it makes a difference ? Who knows ?
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations Tusshar. More power to such people.👍🏼
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Congrats to him and guess Ekta also will take a similar step.

Btw I notice the extra S in Laksshya. These people are seriously into it.
Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations to them. Hopefully more people follow on and also see adoption as a means too.
AnVishtian thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

This. I always wonder why is it so necessary to share genes. Its a child. If you want a child, you should be able to love any child.

But then my mom says that when i have children of my own then i'll understand - so i'll reserve judgement as I am speaking from only a theoretical pov rather than from any personal desire for a child. Maybe it makes a difference ? Who knows ?

Not that I have any kids of mine to speak from experience or anything like that. But generally what I have noticed so far from the way people react to adoption is the fact the child is not of their own blood, they want a child who they can actually call their own because he/she is product of them and that child can carry on the family name(this reason is more for men and their families than women).
Whereas an adopted child will always be someone else's child in everyone's mind and it will never have their genes.
Some fear that the child may turn on them later because in their mind and everyone else's the child isn't actually theirs, no matter how much they accept the child. Obviously people will tolerate (and maybe take responsibility for) the bad things their own biological children do since they don't have a choice in the matter. And to a lesser extent, they are willing to accept these things in the children of their families or friends because they know where these children have come from.
However when you throw an adopted child with bad behavior into the mix, this tolerance level seems to become strained. It doesn't matter how loving and supportive the adopted child's new family is. People outside of that family will view the child as if he/she is not part of the family because they have no idea whose child he/she really is or where he/she actually came from.
And the mentality of the society now is such that there will always be the stigma attached to the adopted child.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Congratulations to Tusshar. 
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Rinnie.

...Whereas an adopted child will always be someone else's child in everyone's mind and it will never have their genes.n...

However when you throw an adopted child with bad behavior into the mix, this tolerance level seems to become strained. It doesn't matter how loving and supportive the adopted child's new family is. People outside of that family will view the child as if he/she is not part of the family because they have no idea whose child he/she really is or where he/she actually came from.
And the mentality of the society now is such that there will always be the stigma attached to the adopted child.

There is an adopted grown up in our family. So I can share the external family view. First, huge age gap with the cousins. There was no IVF then and the couple could not make the bold choice when they were very young. There is a large difference in the mentality of a teenager and a working person. So as cousins, one could not strike the chord. 

Second. Adopted child does carry the surname of the parents, unfortunately not their genes. Adopted parents were quite educated in well placed jobs, but the child struggled to finish graduation. Not that, it does not happen with biological children. But less chances. This also reduced our further interaction, as education or career could not be part of the conversation. 

I know another couple. They also took late decision, but they were wise in adopting a grown up child (5-6 years old). She was intelligent too. She is well settled now with a career, a loving family and a child.
Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Does this confirms him being gay??Btw congrats..
Edited by Coldplaying - 7 years ago