Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Excuse me, what are you trying to say???That its low of the parents to complain against the bodyguards???Or is it us who are low, who are asking that the body quards should be taken into custody and asked for apology???Bradangelina came into picture only when they started to push this matter under the carpet...May be for you being called  a 'bloody Indian' is ok......But unfortunately not everybody is as compassionate..🤔

I feel Indian media handled this in a very dignified manner...Otherwise imagine the plight of any Indian actor who tries to mess up with them...

And you seem to be knowing more about the so called Bradangelina, that you were able to so confidently calim that they were not the escaping types...😕...That's good for you..But I know about our common people in India and they are not the ones who go to the extent of going to a police station and complaining about some Tom, Dick and Harry out of the blue..

India is a very friendly country and that's the whole reason we even allowed them in, and even allowed them to create a Karachi setting, while Pakistan outrightly rejected to give Visas to some of the crew...

That is the responsibility we were given. We chose to take it. 

The school offcials need to be dealt with severely for creating an international scene.  Why was the police permission not acquired?  If it was the PRODUCTION UNIT's responsibility, why were they not asked to leave the premises before getting a written permission?  Why were the PARENTS not adequately informed about the consequences, about the bodyguards??    why did the filming occur in the premises while parents had come to pick up their kids? 

Blame-shifting is a great game.  Someone had posted "why such a thing would not happen in the USA".  That is because our  (US) law officials, schools and other organizations respect citizens/ children of our country and will protect their rights.
A big lesson to learn here for everyone-

1) sick racists
2) religious leaders manipulating the very fabric of any religion
3) law officials / officials that allow oversees production units to work in an environment where children could be potentially exposed to such situation
4) production units going abroad w/o anticipating negative events that could occur and not being extra careful about it,
5) production units lacking oversees experience / misleading angry locals into rage rather than taking moderate steps
6) getting to know the foreign food, arts and crafts  and clothes is not understanding the psyche of countrymen
6) aahh the press ofcourse.. not everything is about sales ,,
Daniel Pearl deserved a better treatment than what all of us could offer..

mQT

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
mQT,

To comment on your last line,
-Daniel deserved a better treatment..I seriously dont care for 100s of these Daniels( with all due respects to him) put together when compared to my countrymen being demeaned by some Racial B🤬s....I give more importance to that, and I wont give up until that matter is handled in an appropriate way...

Cheers,
Raksha
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Raksha, I wish I were as patriotic 😊. I applaud ur love for ur countrymen.
Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Raksha, I wish I were as patriotic 😊. I applaud ur love for ur countrymen.

And that includes you tooo...😉
Aanandaa thumbnail
On the other hand, these very countrymen, who some probably accuse of making a mountain of simple comments like 'bloody Indians', will worship Daniel Pearl, if ever he chooses to come back to life again...

And I dont really think much of the people who only make idealistic movies for name sakes...All they were doing is cash in on people's sentiments about Daniel Pearls and increase their bank balances some more...

Cheers,
Raksha
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

On the other hand, these very countrymen, who some probably accuse of making a mountain of simple comments like 'bloody Indians', will worship Daniel Pearl, if ever he chooses to come back to life again...

And I dont really think much of the people who only make idealistic movies for name sakes...All they were doing is cash in on people's sentiments about Daniel Pearls and increase their bank balances some more...

Cheers,
Raksha

I agree with you on that completely!  But then atleast somebody is remembered for something they did (or were forced to do in Daniel's case, as the sacrifice was sort of forced).  
I will be ecstatic when someone in India makes a movie about Kalpana Chawla, even if to make profits!!  .. My expectations are rather low and I am glad everytime somebody goes beyond a silly love triangle.. 😆😆  Even Rudraksh to me was better than several movies in that sense.  Ur favorite Sunil was in it 😉.. i'll send u a mail regarding 'me saying "ur countrymen" - issue' & thanks for loving me 😃 
qt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
sareg thumbnail
Jolie men in trouble again
[ 17 Nov, 2006 0213hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

RSS Feeds| SMS NEWS to 8888 for latest updates

MUMBAI: Notch up one more controversy for 'A Mighty Heart', the much-talked-about film on American journalist Daniel Pearl's murder by Pakistani jehadis.

On Thursday, even as the crew filmed Hollywood beauty Angelina Jolie in a sequence shot at the Anjuman-e-Islam school opposite CST, a storm was gathering outside. The trouble began when parents who had come to pick up their children noticed that they were being made to board school buses some distance away from the school gates.

The parents were not allowed to enter the school premises either, and claimed they were manhandled when they tried to go in and get an explanation.

The irate group then gathered in the school compound to protest and demand an apology, even as a group of policemen from the Azad Maidan police station, including DCP Brijesh Singh, looked on impassively.

A parent, Mohammed Hussain, claimed he was abused by Jolie's 'bodyguards' when he tried to get into the school.

"The school bus driver called to tell me that he could not find my son and nephews,"he said. "When I came to the school, the film crew was very rude and even called us 'Bloody Indians'."

Anwar Dafedar, a vice-president of the primary Parent Teachers' Association (PTA) and Farish Shaikh, who said he was a parent as well as in the "opposition management", declared that the school management ought not to have allowed the shooting during school hours.

"The primary school kids were scared seeing AK-47 rifles used for the shooting lying around,"said Dafedar.Incidentally, Shaikh himself was walking around the school campus with a revolver tucked in his belt.

Despite the mayhem and media gathered outside, the shoot continued inside. Finally, some men managed to force their way in, shouting for the filming to be stopped immediately. They succeeded.

The police asked the media to leave politely, but one foreign member of the crew did not believe in niceties. "Get out of here,"he told a reporter rudely before the camera team quickly hushed him up.

A little after 3 pm, Jolie was bundled into an Innova with the help of the police. Socialite Arti Surendranath, who was overseeing the shoot, denied that anyone had abused the parents.

"It is a totally false, made-up tale. It is the paparazzi, the media which is causing all the trouble."When asked why no one had even attempted to assuage the parents with an explanation, she said she did not need any advice. The school management too said the incident was being "blown out of proportion".

Sources said that a rival group which had lost in the recent school managing committee elections had taken advantage of the incident and could have instigated some parents to create a ruckus.

Meanwhile, parents who went to Azad Maidan police station to file a complaint against Jolie's bodyguards say the police delayed the matter for over five hours. Till 7 pm, no Non-Cognisable (NC) complaint was registered.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/461427.cms Edited by sareg - 17 years ago
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: .:Aphrodite:.

excuse me? so you will blindly believe the person who said they heard the bodyguard say "bloody indian", why is that? Because they are INDIAN.. so you think their words mean the truth..

No need to get offensive or patronising.. I know that Brangelina are the kind who ahve donated a LOT of money to charity, have adopted orphans from poor countries, spend their time and money to make awareness about matters that affect the world... angie is the goodwill ambassador of UN.. so I seriously doubt these compassionate people would have bigots and racists working for them

For YOU their actions, the way they conduct themselves in public may mean nothing because if their nationality..for people who have read about them, it is VERY hard to believe that they would have bigots in their crew

Capise?🤔

People please chill....This isnt surely the kind of debate I wanted,lets peacefully debate without getting over defensive or jingoistic please

Agreed indiaglitz isnt a credible source,hell for that matter even Mid day isnt credible and is reknown for fabricating stuff,but what about Hindustan Times,which is an affiliate of the Times of India group,which inturn is the affiliate of the global Times Group..What about NDTV and Times Now,an affiliate of Reuters..What about CNN IBN..I'm sure those credible dailies/newschannels wouldnt have published this news if there wasnt even a trifle bit of truth to it.....And SInce this predicament happened on INDIAN SOIL,I would rather choose to believe what the Indian media says😊

One very strong reason which goes against those bodyguards is that they have a prior record of manhandling journalists,abusing them...Angelina and brad are not in the remotest way racist,but  there's no guarantee that their bodyguards are as good  humans as brangelina are...Another very strong point is that these parents were "Muslims" and the detestation for Muslims is quite well known....My friend actually said"Thank Heavens those bodyguards didnt call those parents "bloody muslims" "

Brangelina can well SORT OUT this confusion and then leave....If Indeed the bodyguard isnt guilty,and if its proven in court,the very same dailies(or atleast HT,ToI) would condemn the act of those who spread rumours....

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

raksha.l wrote:
.:Aphrodite:. wrote:
Its an article from India Glitz.. I wouldn't take that as a "credible source"... or any other Indian magazines/paper for that matter

"Taj Hotel sources " HAHAHAHAHAHAHA like what? their room attendant overhead them?

Brad and Angie aren't the type to leave the country if there's a controversy.. I'm sure if this is true then they're flying back for some personal or professional reasons.. Brad's movie Babel has just had a limited release it could be because of that.. or it could be any other reason

and that article is disgusting.. its trying to provoke the sensitive indian people even more... gosh why do they always make a huge deal out of small matters...we don't even know if the guards uttered racial slurs..even if they do its very low of the media and Indian public to try to savotage the movie and bash Brangelina..

Excuse me, what are you trying to say???That its low of the parents to complain against the bodyguards???Or is it us who are low, who are asking that the body quards should be taken into custody and asked for apology???Bradangelina came into picture only when they started to push this matter under the carpet...May be for you being called  a 'bloody Indian' is ok......But unfortunately not everybody is as compassionate..🤔

I feel Indian media handled this in a very dignified manner...Otherwise imagine the plight of any Indian actor who tries to mess up with them...

And you seem to be knowing more about the so called Bradangelina, that you were able to so confidently calim that they were not the escaping types...😕...That's good for you..But I know about our common people in India and they are not the ones who go to the extent of going to a police station and complaining about some Tom, Dick and Harry out of the blue..

India is a very friendly country and that's the whole reason we even allowed them in, and even allowed them to create a Karachi setting, while Pakistan outrightly rejected to give Visas to some of the crew...

That is the responsibility we were given. We chose to take it. 

The school offcials need to be dealt with severely for creating an international scene.  Why was the police permission not acquired?  If it was the PRODUCTION UNIT's responsibility, why were they not asked to leave the premises before getting a written permission?  Why were the PARENTS not adequately informed about the consequences, about the bodyguards??    why did the filming occur in the premises while parents had come to pick up their kids? 

Blame-shifting is a great game.  Someone had posted "why such a thing would not happen in the USA".  That is because our  (US) law officials, schools and other organizations respect citizens/ children of our country and will protect their rights.
A big lesson to learn here for everyone-

1) sick racists
2) religious leaders manipulating the very fabric of any religion
3) law officials / officials that allow oversees production units to work in an environment where children could be potentially exposed to such situation
4) production units going abroad w/o anticipating negative events that could occur and not being extra careful about it,
5) production units lacking oversees experience / misleading angry locals into rage rather than taking moderate steps
6) getting to know the foreign food, arts and crafts  and clothes is not understanding the psyche of countrymen
6) aahh the press ofcourse.. not everything is about sales ,,

Daniel Pearl deserved a better treatment than what all of us could offer..

mQT

Qt,I agree that IT IS THE FAULT OF THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION that so much of inconvinience was caused to the Parents🤢...The school needs to be sued,the administration fired......I for one didnt blame Angie for the inconvinience caused per se

But,when the parents were getting impatient,It was wrong on the bodyguard's part to stop them ,one representative should have been let inside the school to deal with the school authorities...By keeping the parents outside,the bodyguard just subscribed to the idea of keeping the kids incarcerated.....HE could have reported this to Jolie and let her deal with whether the shoot be stopped or not...But no,nothing of this sort happened,the bodyguard very well knew that kids were inside and that it was dismissal time and that parents have come to take their kids home....Brad said that even those bodyguards have kids,thus they can never treat kids badly,but then why was it that these bodyguards couldnt empathise with those parents who were anxious for their kids...I'm sure that by halting the shoot for 40 mins,nothing would have gone amiss,they could have shot after all the kids had left..Their act of not letting the parents in  enraged them,and over that,those abuses and the bullying and gestures(C'mon,there are just way too many evidences which say that the word "bloody indian" WAS used😕) was the coup de grace, jeopardizing the shoot schedule..Brad might go blue in his face rubbishing it,but why would parents lie😕

Besides,WHY was it that the bodyguards were guarding the entrance,shouldnt it have been the school's security..I'm sure the parents wouldnt have been so infurious had it been the school's security doing the talking,what was appalling was that some goras were terrorizing and tyrannizing  parents who had just come to pick their kids up

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
Aanandaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: .:Aphrodite:.

I can't believe I read this.. you have no regard for human life if that person isn't your "countrymen"?? "these daniels"? you do realize that he was killed by a bunch of brainwashed people?

So for you innocent lives being killed in name of beliefs and religion means nothing compared to apparent "racial slur" said by a bodyguard of a celebrity (non Indian let me add)

Yeah, you better not believe it..Because even I CANNOT believe that someone can misconstrue those words to this level...

For God's sake, I would say its a good idea to read ALL the comments made by me and then jump your guns...Now please go back and read the same sentences AGAIN..

Ok, for one last time...Did I say that life has no importance???😲Where was the mention of killings due to religion and stuff???😲If you have such feelings can I help it???...Seriously,how did you manage to draw such a meaning??🤔..

You are so worked up about someone who has been killed..My question to you is, what did you do about it???Blindly support a crew making a movie for not so unselfish reasons, over a bunch of regular parents and their children???😕..

You took my statement totally out of context alright...And if it was just you, I probably would not have made this effort to clarify..But for the benefit of others, I am going to do it..

QT said Daniel Pearl did not deserve the treatment being given..So my response to her was that, I would rather worry about people who are alive and try to fight for their rights rather than support a filmy crew making a movie,albeit on a Hero like Daniel Pearl, merely for selfish reasons...Now even if they were making this movie for the benefit of mankind, I would not put the self respect of people at their feet...So where did the mention of not caring for killing people in the name of religion come in this???👎🏼

mermaid_QT thumbnail
well-said buffie. i am sorry this debate din;t go the way u wanted it to .. but it did keep lot of adrenalin pumping, so great going @ response-driving posts!

i am loving the jodha in ur siggy. she is picture-perfect and looks great with hrithik.   she should stick with him 😆 😆.