Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
update soon dear...
waiting eagerly...
interesting about past
vvini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome story.. nice start.. would love to read more.. :)
mskalasobti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

PART 3(flash back)

Shashi  Gupta was running a small textile shop in a small town in Lucknow.He with his wife Garima and two daughters were leading a very simple but happy life.Payal,,the eldest daughter was working as an office assistant in a small firm and Khushi was doing a dress designing course a few kilometres away from home. Garima was good in handi crafts and saree embroidery. She along with her two daughters supported Shashi Gupta to have a decent earning.

Payal was a very quiet and shy girl but Khushi was a chirpy, smart and a very beautiful girl. Her main attraction was her beautiful eyes.Khushi had many friends, both boys and girls. Garima was loving but very strict. Both Payal and Khushi were brought up on strong moral standards.

Kajal   was Khushi's best friend in college.Kajal was a very fashionable and trendy girl  who never believed in or accepted any social customs and practices. She had boy friends and was against the system of marriage.She was doing modelling for certain firms.Khushi always tried to instill moral values in her but in vain. But she liked Khushi very much .One day Kajal took Khushi to her  shooting location.Khushi was totally annoyed at the way Kajal dressed for the shoot and  was very angry at Kajal for flirting with the floor manager.

For Kajal money was the most important thing in life.

Khushi:Kajal, how can you wear such a vulgar dress and pose infront of the people there?

Kajal: My dear Khushi, You have not seen the real life.I'm brought up by a single mother.I've not seen my father . He went away with another woman when I was a baby.My mother with her meagre income always struggled to bring me up.So I'm finding a way to help her. You've a strong supportive family. So you won't understand all this.

Khushi felt tears coming to her eyes.

Khushi:I'm sorry Kajal,but when I saw you flirting with that man I was irritated.And you have lot of boy friends.

Kajal:Oh, that is only a way to get more chances in the field.When the advertisement  is shown in the TV , sometimes I may get a chance to films. Then regarding my boy friends, they are financially very sound. They can provide me with the best amenities. You're an innocent girl Khushi. You won't understand.I want to be like you but I can't.

Khushi felt sorry for Kajal.

A few days later a good marriage proposal came for Payal.The boy was well educated and had a good job. Both the parties agreed for marriage and the engagement took place after a month.

The happiness didn't last long. Six months before the marriage,the boy's family asked for a huge dowry. It was a shock to the Gupta family. Payal decided to break up the engagement .Khushi supported her but Payal's fiance assured her that this move was without his knowledge and whatever happens  he will marry her. But Garima and shashi were upset. They were thinking of the fate their daughter will face in the boy's family.

As the boy loved Payal , they decided to proceed with the proposal and worked hard to earn the maximum within 6 months.

Khushi was thinking of a way to support the family. Kajal observed the change occurred in Khushi. She was always thoughtful and dull nowadays. She asked the reason and Khushi shared the details with her.

Kajal's response was instant:Tell him and his family to go to hell.Dowry?This is why I say that marriage is the most foolish thing  in  life.Dowry, in-laws, commitments, lack of freedom,...my God, how can your family sacrifice a girl like this?

Khushi:Marriage is the most sacred union of two souls. Love is the strongest bond binding husband and wife.

Kajal interrupted:Please don't say all these bull shit to me.

Khushi: How can I earn some money to support my family.

Kajal: The answer is simple. Do modelling like me.I'll introduce you to the concerned people.

Khushi  startled:You mean, I have to wear those vulgar dresses and pose infront of strangers?

Kajal laughed:Come on, let us go Khushi..We'll find a way.

Khushi thought ,day and night, of ways to help the family.

After  a few days, Kajal came to Khushi's house with a  news that a new Saree showroom is opening in Lucknow for which new models are required.They also need an office assistant who is good in dress designing. It is a sub branch of the famous AR designers which has its branches in India and abroad.They offer good package.

Kajal: Khushi,they need modelling in saree only, so there is no question of wearing dresses in which you are uncomfortable.

Khushi's parents and Payal didn't agree for modelling but allowed to try for the post of office assistant.

After a few days, Kajal gave her the details of applying for the job and Khushi applied for the same halfheartedly.

Khushi was very tensed on the day of the interview. She prayed to her favourite deity Devimayya to give her confidence to perform well.

She reached the venue with Kajal, attended the interview .As they were going to move to the exit, a young man who was in the interview  committee, came forward and talked to Kajal.

Kajal:Hello, Shaun,Why here?

Shaun: I'm working in AR designers as HR manager . We're looking for models for our saree showroom. Can both of you give a try?

Khushi:No, thank you.

Kajal:Saree doesn't suit me.

Shaun: I'll wait for a favourable reply.

Kajal:Chances are rare.Bye

After two days, Khushi got a call from Kajal stating that Shaun is constantly calling  her to persuade Khushi to accept the offer of modelling.He offered her a good remuneration .Khushi was now in a dilemma.She needed money desperately.

Khushi was talking to herself: what  shall I do?How will I convince my family?How will I accept the offer?

Kajal convinced Khushi's family and went with a reluctant Khushi to the AR office for a trial.There were many girls for the trial. Khushi was very tensed but Kajal's support gave her courage. Payal's face flashed in her mind. Khushi thought: Yes, I've to do this. I want to help my jeeji.

The trial was over. Every one was impressed.  2 girls along with Khushi were selected for the final round. After the shooting Shaun came and told that the finals will be conducted in the next week and the main model will be selected in the presence of the owner of AR.

Khushi and Kajal said good bye and left after a few minutes.

part 4 in page 10

Edited by mskalasobti - 7 years ago
Aruna.negi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing update dear but too short. Edited by Aruna.negi - 7 years ago
Downhill thumbnail
simply superb
loved it.
sweetydoll32 thumbnail
Awesome update dear please update soon..
shafqee80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nyc pace ..story is interesting
phillips_2909 thumbnail
what happened then...
waiting yaar
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Nice update