THE LOST TIES | A Raavan-Mandodari OS | SenRazia

SenAnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

A RAAVAN - MANDODARI OS

THE LOST TIES

Hello! Its me Anu, or Sen. I write an FF on the 21st Century Version of The Ramayan  (as some of you might know) and this is my first OS on Raavan Mandodari. I have always been amused with the contrasting personalities of the two, and how their relationship takes turmoils and faces the burnt of time. Yet, Mandodari is considered to be one of the Panchkanya, a true wife from every aspect. 

Please excuse me if there are any errors or mistakes here. Some incidents are purely imaginative for writing purposes. 

Hope you like it!! Reviews are need on this!!

THE LOST TIES

Gloom had taken over Lanka. The vibrance of the shimmering island was lost. Gold was around, yet nothing looked the shining same. Why, nobody knew. Contrarily, the Lord of the Land, Lanka-Adipati Raavan had forcefully kept the wife of Raghukul-Son Ram, Sita, at his abode. It showed Raavans might and proved to his people he was Ajaya, adding another reason in their hearts to fear him. Still, the palace of Lanka was silent, expect for the occasional yells and screams and pleadings. 

Mandodari stood at the balcony of her room, looking over the sea just a few kilometres away. The waves barged onto the walls and moved back. None had the audacity to come inside the city. 

Looking down, she sighed. The tree under which she sat was the only thing which looked lively in the whole place. Mandodari observed Sitas movements; slow, silent and unexpressive. She slept all day long, what could she do anyways. Sita trembled everytime someone came near her, and the same happened inside her. She feared for her. Mandodari looked at her face. It would be wrong to say that she never brought up a comparison of herself and Janak Nandini. But each time she came to the same conclusion; they were the same. Bounded and trapped; both in love and war. 

"Mandodari." 

She knew who stood at the door. The deep cold voice of Lankapati Raavan was instilled in her. She looked up again, and faced away as he came and stood next to her. 

Raavan towered over her. Her shadow was hidden under his. But unfortunately, she wasn't safe under him. 

There was an awkward moment of silence. 

"Why Mandodari," Raavan spoke up, his voice breaking. "Why did you stop me?" 

Mandodari recalled the incident that occurred a few days back. An incident that tore the little of what was left between them. 

"Sita, I FORCE you to marry me," Raavan said looking over her, his silk cloth draping over his stern shoulders and his demeanour enough to scare any one. 

Sita looked up at him under the shade of the Shimsupa Tree and fumed. 

"Kill me, But I will not." 

Raavan stomped his feet hard on the ground. He looked up and sighed. He started laughing, wickedly. 

In the midst of laughing, he looked down at her and said, 

"If that is what you want, you shall get it." 

Saying so, Raavan took out his two-bladed sword, shining in the light and yelled,

"Face Your End Sita!!!" 

Sita folded her hands and prayed to he Raghunandan. 

Raavan took his stance and was about to flick the sword, only to feel a firm hand on his shoulder. 

He was enraged at the audacity of the person to disturb him in his anger and turned swiftly moving the sword with him. 

It was only when he saw her face that he loosened his grip on the sword handle. 

"Mandodari?!" 

Mandodari stood shaking, her eyes teared up. She looked at the sword still in aim towards her, after which Raavan put it down. 

"Lankesh," she said calmly,"Please Don't harm her. She has done no fault."

Raavan was taken aback. 

"What do you mean she has not done any fault?! In Lanka it is under my command that the leaves sway int he air. And not only Lanka, all the three Lokas. And here this shameless woman is refusing to marry me? Is she out of her mind?" His voice went louder with every sentence. 

Had it been anyone else, they would not have tried to reply. But Mandodari, she was different. 

"Swami, she is a woman. A woman has her rights, she can choose to marry or to not." 

"But in Lanka that is not how it works, is it?" Raavan replied warning her. 

Mandodari gathered all her confidence and replied,

"But that is wrong Swami. That is not how the system should work." 

Raavan could do nothing but just listen to her. He looked around and saw the guards too shocked at Mandodaris statements, and some of them agreeing to her silently.

Nor could he kill her, nor he could stand still. 

I am Lankapati Raavan,' he thought to himself,'Yet why can I not kill Mandodari?' He knew that somewhere deep in his heart there was place for his favourite queen, and that love had come out then. 

Raavan groaned and walked away angrily. Sita fell to the ground, unable to bear the pain anymore. Mandodari saw both these and stood silently. There was nothing she could do. 

"I am asking you something Mandodari." Raavan coldly asked again. 

Mandodari came out of her trance and heard him. Still looking away, she replied,

"I apologise Swami. I have already told you, I being a woman cannot let the self respect of another woman be taken in front of me." 

Raavan put his muscular hand over Mandodaris at the railing of the balcony. Mandodari felt painful, but still a single touch of his was bliss to her, to matter how hard it physically pierced her. 

She looked at him. Open haired, with a blank expression on his face. 

"Mandodari," he said in a softer tone, " You are Lankas Queen. The peoples mother, the care-taker of the Palace, and my wife.." 

Mandodari let out a small laugh. 

Raavan looked at her confused. 

"Why are you laughing Mandodari?" he asked. 

"Sorry Swami." She paused. "But do I still hold the position of wife in your heart?" 

Raavan took his hand away from her hand slowly. It was question he had to think on. 

"Wh...Why not Mandodari? You are my wife, I have married you keeping AgniDev as the witness." 

Mandodari looked down and replied,

"Swami, I see marriage as an alliance of two hearts, not two bodies. Can you tell me if your heart is with me?" 

Raavan understood her feelings and felt helpless, for the first time in his life. He told her to come behind him and they sat on the golden bed. 

"Mandodari, I know I have not been able to attend to you since a long time. But trust me, I have never forgotten about you. All that you have done for me, the very fact that I am Ajaya, is because of you. "

"Do you only remember what I have done for you? What about the moments we spent together?" 

"Mandodari, see, the mountains are moving on just my command!!" said an excited Raavan, just having acquired his new powers, thanking to Mandodaris bringing him the holy Amrita. 

Mandodari saw the mountains shaking as Raavan yelled louder. She was upset that her sacrifices had been made for such a worse cause, but a slight bit of happiness was in her, seeing her husband happy. 

Raavan came in front of her slowly and held her shoulders. 

"I dont know Mandodari what you mixed in my food that day. But after that, I feel rejuvenated and powerful. Thank you." 

"Swami, I am willing to give my life for you, but I just want to see you happy." 

Raavan smiled and took her into his embrace. 

"Swami?" 

Raavan looked at her. The same person she was, but somehow the equation between them had changed. 

He sighed. 

"I remember Mandodari. I think of those moments every time, but today my world is so different. Every moment I am planning for the war, my strategy, my victory.." 

"My?" 

Raavan stopped and tried to understand what she meant. 

Mandodari said,

"You said My' world. Your world is different Lankesh, not mine. I am the same." 

"SO do you mean I have changed?" Raavan asked in slight anger. 

Mandodari looked down and wiped her tears . 

Raavan felt like wiping them off, but he couldn't . Mandodari moved away. 

She looked up. 

"Swami, do you know how many nights I have waited for you in this very chamber? Nights you didnt return. I held so many ceremonies for you, for your well being. You didnt come to any of them." 

Raavan held her hands. 

"Mandodari, try to understand me. I was busy with other work." 

"With Sita?" 

Raavan left her and walked out of the room. Mandodari burst out crying. 

"SOLDIERS!! Lanka's pride is at stake. Today lets make it the last day of the war. We will beat them anyways, but see they die a bad death. Fight for Lanka, fight for Lankesh!!" Raavan yelled on the top of his voice, sending out the soldiers for war against Ram. He saw his massive army and smiled. 

"Swami." 

Raavan turned around and saw Mandodari standing behind him with an Aarti Thali in her hand. 

Raavan walked up to her and said,

"Why have you come alone? Where are the others?" 

Mandodari looked down. 

"Oh," Raavan said to himself. "Nobody believes that I will win." 

"I do, Swami." Mandodari lied. 

Raavan smiled and asked her to perform the Aarti on him. She touched his feet and he walked out. 

As he turned, Mandodari sobbed. She knew it was the last time she would see him like this. As Lankapati. 

Sulochana came from behind, and asked her,

"Maate, you still performed the Aarti on him?"

She smiled. "Atleast he will have a peaceful death." 

The arrow pierced Raavan at his naval. He saw Lord Vishnu in Ram and recalled his previous lives. He smiled and fell, shaking the ground. The other side rejoiced. His eyes almost shut, but before they did, he saw her image on his mind for one last time. 

"Man...do...dari.." 

THANKS!!!

HOPE IT WAS GOOD!!

P.S. It is a work of fiction. I did not mean to hurt anyones sentiments. Sorry if I did so. 

Reviews!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shabari14 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Anu di, this was so painful! I loved that you showed that Ravan, deep down in his heart, loved his wife very much. The aarti and death scene were beautifully written, and both Mandodari and Ravan's feelings were brought out to the max. Keep writing such beautiful stories, di!
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This was so very lovely and poignant! Loved how you brought out Mandodari's final resignation to her husband's acts!
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
absolutly beutiful. and this forum's writers are more talented than the writers of certen types of tv shows.
shabari14 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

absolutly beutiful. and this forum's writers are more talented than the writers of certen types of tv shows.

Koi shak, Arijit bhaiya? 😆
SenAnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: shabari14

Anu di, this was so painful! I loved that you showed that Ravan, deep down in his heart, loved his wife very much. The aarti and death scene were beautifully written, and both Mandodari and Ravan's feelings were brought out to the max. Keep writing such beautiful stories, di!

Aww Thank you for liking it!! Yes I wanted to show the painful side of their relation... Hehe Glad you liked my writing!!!  This idea was just roaming in my Mind so I thought why not jot it down?😆..
Sure will keep writing these!!! 
SenAnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

This was so very lovely and poignant! Loved how you brought out Mandodari's final resignation to her husband's acts!

Thank you so much!! Glad you liked it Pro: )
SenAnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

Thank you so much Bhaiyya!! A huge compliment :)
Glad you liked it!
SenAnu thumbnail

Originally posted by: shabari14

Koi shak, Arijit bhaiya? 😆

😆😛
SenAnu thumbnail
Thanks Mili!!