Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

will drag Comedy Nights Live makers to court, says Upasana Singh/Bua

ArShi_scorp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Exclusive: I will drag Comedy Nights Live makers to court, says Upasana Singh aka Bua

Things are getting murkier between Upasana Singh and Comedy Nights Live makers Optimystix.

June 13, 2016 | UPDATED 16:08 IST

Upasana Singh, who was the only artist from Comedy Nights With Kapil team to sign up for Colors' show Comedy Nights Live, is now regretting her decision to join the Krushna Abhishek-Bharti Singh show. The veteran actress, who's known for her roles in films like Judaai, Loafer, Badal et al, spoke in detail about her exit from Comedy Nights Live, in an exclusive conversation with India Today Online.

Here are the excerpts from the interview.

Also read: Upasana Singh aka Bua quits Comedy Nights Live

SCRIPT WAS BAD, THERE WERE NO PUNCH LINES

"First of all there was no work satisfaction. I haven't worked in such a pathetic show before. On some occasions, I could not believe it was a comedy show because the script was so bad. Secondly, they did not fulfill a single commitment.

"I feel they roped me in just because they wanted someone who had worked in Kapil's show before to help them get a good TRP. Essentially, they have just used me to their advantage. Now that the show has opened to a good TRP and is established, they have started making me feel useless on their show. The lines I got on the show were without any humour and punch lines. I requested the director of CNL several times to look into the matter, but he always said, "Abhi show shuru hua hai..dheere dheere theek ho jaayega."

They promised me a lot of things about my portrayal, but did not fulfill even a single commitment.

Also read: Exclusive: Bua aka Upasana Singh to reprise her role in Comedy Nights Live

THEY KEPT DELAYING THE AGREEMENT

"To top it all, they did not give me the agreement even after four months of working with them. Maine jab inhe kaha aap mera agreement do, to roz taalte rahte the.

"When I finally got the agreement, there were so many terms and conditions that I couldn't believe. The agreement said I could not do another comedy show. It also said they could kick me out of the show in 24 hours. Surprisingly, it did not have the terms and conditions we had agreed upon. I told them if you could kick me out of the show in 24 hours, I should also be able to quit the show by giving 24 hrs notice. I have made a huge mistake by committing to this show."

THEY HAVE PAID ME FOR JUST TWO EPISODES

"They have paid me for just two episodes. They had in fact promised to pay every 30 days. They did not fulfill that promise. Now they are saying they will clear my dues only after I sign the agreement. Clearly, they want to trap me. But I want to tell them, that they can't stop my payment. I will drag them to court. You can't do this to an actor.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Poor upasana she would gave gond with kapil Sharma now comedy live team doesn't even show her
NathuPyare thumbnail
isse kehte hain - "..., na ghar ke rahe, na ghaat ke"!

NathuPyare thumbnail
Kapil ki team to Bua ki loyalty dekh hi chuki thi... ab Bua ne bhi COLORS ke asli rang dekh liye... 
can't feel sorry for her though... she had it coming!

Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Where re those people now who loved Krushna and supported CNL??? 😆
She should have gone with Kapil, she gave some contract as the reason that time and see now.
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: NathuPyare

isse kehte hain - "..., na ghar ke rahe, na ghaat ke"!

True but I still take upasana side as colors are sooo petty and they blackmailed her we will sue u if u left colors and now she's jobless and they don't even show her.
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanky1

Where re those people now who loved Krushna and supported CNL??? 😆
She should have gone with Kapil, she gave some contract as the reason that time and see now.

Shank bilkil theek bola 😆
NathuPyare thumbnail
Originally posted by: gulabi22

True but I still take upasana side as colors are sooo petty and they blackmailed her we will sue u if u left colors and now she's jobless and they don't even show her.

She's not jobless. I don't know what's the real reason why Upasana chose to stay back with Colors but she doesn't have a shortage of work (as I've seen her in couple of other serials which are running presently) so unless she was bound in any kind of contract, she could have easily left with the rest of Kapil's team...

If her not leaving Colors was due to a contract  then I can understand...but this seems unlikely because -  why only Upasana? why were others like Sunil were not bound in a contract to prevent them from leaving as well?

But if she chose to stay with Colors without being forced by the channel than she definitely put her trust in wrong people (Colors) instead of standing with her colleagues in their rough times... 
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Pehle sunil ne kapil ko chhoda, mooh ki khaai..😆
Ab upasana ne chhoda, dhokha khaaya...😆

Tum logon ki naiyya kapil ke saath hi paar lagti hai...😆

Aur bhaago colors ke peechhe ...chal gaya na pata..!😆

Aand why is my net so damn slow!😡
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
And some ppl here support Raj Nayak and loser Krushna ðŸ˜†