Sri Andal [Slow Updates]

Posted: 7 years ago
ANDAL

Andal is one of the most extraordinary personalities in religious history. She is known in her native tongue of Tamil as an alvar, one who is "immersed" in the depths of enjoyment of God, the omnipresent mysterious One. Tradition reckons 12 alvars, of which Andal is the only female. Between the fifth and ninth century, in the Tamil-speaking region of South India, these saints revitalized the Indian religious milieu, sparking a renewal of devotional worship throughout the subcontinent. Traveling from place to place, from temple to temple, from holy site to holy site, they composed exceedingly beautiful poetry to their Divine Beloved, Vishnu, as an expression of their love for Him. Anyone can see why their poetry was so attractive; at once both impassioned and philosophical, their words cut across all barriers of caste and class, attracting all to their faith. In doing so, they sculpted a new religious heritage of intensely emotional bhakti, or love of the Divine, whose impact is still felt today in the Indian religious life. Andal, whose life and poetry are celebrated every December-January, is the most visible contributor to this heritage.

SrI-vishNuchitta-kula-nandana-kalpa-vallIm
SrIrangarAja-harichandana-yOgadRSyAm
sAkshAt kshamAm karuNayA kamalAm-ivAnyAm
gOdAm ananya-SaraNaS-SaraNam prapadyE 

Meaning:

The flower garden in which Aandal is termed as a golden vine which belongs to the clan of Perialwar, in conjunction with the Lord of Srirangam who is described as a sandal wood tree which hosts the golden vine, the incarnation of Bhooma devi, the divine Aandal who displayed the mercy of PeriyaPirati, I (Desikar), who does not have any means, offer my salutations.

Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 7 years ago
CONTENTS:
Chapter 1- Bhoomi and Narayana- Pg 1
Chapter 2- Birth of Kodai/Goda- Pg 4
Chapter 3- Young Kodai- Pg 7
Chapter 4- The First Paamalai- Pg 10
Here you go guys :)
This is the first chapter on Bhagwathi Andal. Please do read and review :)

BHOOMI AND NARAYANA

"Arjuna, I am the month of Marghazhi among the months", said Lord Krishna, to Arjuna as He was teaching Arjuna the Bhagavad Gita.

The Lord of the Universe, Lord Jagannatha, smiled. The time for it had come. The time for the importance of Margazhi to be understood had come. The time for understanding true Divine Love, and how Love wins Him over had come. He smiled, reclining on His Eternal rest, the infinite-headed serpent, Adi-Sesha. The time for informing Her had come! He, who is above all, opened His Lotus eyes, smiled, and disappeared in a flash.

In His mind, Adi Sesha thought, 'My Lord is up to something mischiveous, which will bring about a lot of learning for the world!'.

At Prithvi Loka...

Bhu Devi was suddenly feeling the pangs of separation from Her Lord more so than usual. Feeling a little lonely, and wanting to see her Husband, she softly sang songs on Him, to try and ease the longing for Him. Her very soul burnt in separation from Him.

'Hey Swami! Can you please come? My eyes yearn to see you', thought Mother Earth.

"I am right here, my love"

The Earth Mother turned to see Her Lord standing, a loving smile on His face.

"Swami"

Bhudevi rushed to fall at His Lotus feet. She touched them reverentially. Two tears trickled down Her golden-like cheeks, as she lifted Her head up, eyes closed, hands raised to place them on Her head, as a token of His blessing. Just as she was about to wipe them off, she felt warm hands wipe them away. These hands raised her up holding her shoulders.

"Look at me, Priye", said the Lord, a gentle smile on His face.

"Swami", said Bhudevi, feeling shy, looking down. Even after all these millenia, She gets so affected by Him. He always made Her blush.

She felt His hand on Her chin, sending delicious shivers down Her body, the flame of separation cooling. He slowly lifted Her golden face; Her doe eyes met His. The love that started at the beginning of Creation still bubbled forth; the soft, warm, passionate and fiery love that they shared came forth.

"Pran nath", She whispered.

"My love", He whispered back.

"Come, Prabhu. Have a seat", said Dhaarini.

Shriman Narayana, the Lord of all, sat down on the seat His wife offered Him.

Mata Dharti sat at His feet, massaging them, after washing them with holy water.

"How much will I get my feet massaged, my love?", asked Narayana.

"I don't get to massage them, Swami", said Bhoomi, looking at Him with love.

"I can't win with you", sighed the Lord.

Bhudevi smiled, and went on pressing His feet. After a while, she felt His hand touch Her shoulder.

"Swami?", She asked, sensing His need to talk.

"The time has come, my love", said Lord Vishnu.

"Lord?", asked Bhudevi, slightly tearing.

"The time for the love of Bhoomi and Narayana to be experienced by the world has come, love. The time for the importance of Margazhi to be understood has come. The time for understanding the path to me has come", said the Lord.

"I will be born as the daughter of Visnuchitta, a huge devotee of yours", said Bhudevi. "Don't worry Lord. I know what to do"

The two of them smiled at each other, when they heard,

"pallANdu pallANdu,

pallAyiraththANdu

palakOdi nURAyiram

mallANda thiNthOL maNIvaNNA !

un sEvadi sevvi thirukkAppu"

(The meaning of this song is Let the Lord live for many years, precisely 100,000 years; Let His celestial beauty be unparalleled, and let it stay that way.

Visnhuchitta sang this song in Madurai to Lord Narayana, to avert any evil eyes being cast on Him. His name Visnhuchitta means one who is always thinking about Lord Vishnu)

"Swami, your devotee is calling to you", said Bhudevi.

"And you will be a much greater one. He will be known as your father, not the other way round", said the Lord.

"Swami, he is an incarnation of Garuda", said Bhudevi.

"And Garuda told me that he wants to be known as your father", said Lord Narayana.

"I can never win with you", said Bhudevi, shaking Her head.

"But you will. How else will you marry me?", asked the Lord. "My love remember. You are also going to spread the beauty of Tamil. Don't forget that"

"How will I? With you as my guide and Lord, how can I forget that?", asked Bhudevi.

The two of them smiled at each other, lost in love for one another.

The time had come.

Maha Vishnu's heart tore a little. He was going to separate from His Bhudevi. Granted it was for a short time, but yet, He had to. The world will benefit from Her teachings.

"Swami"

Bhudevi walked towards Her Lord.

"Bless me that I will fulfil the purpose for which I am incarnating", said Bhudevi, falling at His Lotus feet, seeking His blessings.

"My love, you will. You will teach the world a lot. Your teachings will lead to me, if they follow what you say truly", said Lord Vishnu.

She looked up at Him, Her pure Love for Him clouding Her lovely eyes; the Lord also reflected Her Love.

"My Lord, if I have your permission", said Bhudevi.

"Go my love! May you always be victorious", said the Lord, smiling at her.

He stood there, watching Her disappear, His heart hurting at the thought of separation.

He smiled. His Andal was going to be born.

Beautiful SruthaπŸ‘
Eager to read Andal based story.

P.S. most of your pm are not opening. IDK why

Originally posted by Ramyalaxmi

Beautiful SruthaπŸ‘
Eager to read Andal based story.

P.S. most of your pm are not opening. IDK why

Thank you Ramya πŸ€—

P.S. I will check it out!
Wow! I never knew Andal was Bhudevi's avatar! The chaptrer was awesome!
Annavayal Puduvai Andal...
Arangarkku pannu Thiruppavai palpadiyam
Innisaiyal Paadi Kodutthal Narpaamalai
Poomaalai Soodik Kodutthalaichchollu
Soodik Koduttha Sudarkodiye!
Tolpavai Paadi Arulavalla Palvalaiyaai!
Naadi nee Venkatavarkkennai Vidhi enra Immaatram
Naankadavaa Vanname Nalgu.

Andal Thiruvadigale Charanam.

Thank you for starting this divine story.πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks for the update Shrutha. Though I had heard that prayer in Srinivasa temples, I didn't knew the meaning or the reason for chanting those. Though I can understand the spoken Tamil to a great extent, I am totally ignorant when it comes to Tamil prayers. please give the meanings to all the prayers written here so that I can enjoy the same when I hear it next time. 😊
Originally posted by Radhikerani

Wow! I never knew Andal was Bhudevi's avatar! The chaptrer was awesome!

Thank you Choti 😳
She is Bhudevi swayam 😊
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Annavayal Puduvai Andal...
Arangarkku pannu Thiruppavai palpadiyam
Innisaiyal Paadi Kodutthal Narpaamalai
Poomaalai Soodik Kodutthalaichchollu
Soodik Koduttha Sudarkodiye!
Tolpavai Paadi Arulavalla Palvalaiyaai!
Naadi nee Venkatavarkkennai Vidhi enra Immaatram
Naankadavaa Vanname Nalgu.