ShraMan Three-Shot: Do Something [Complete]

astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
HOLA! I am back again, I know I have no life this weekend since the bae is away and I don't have work. So my over-active brain strikes! This one is a three-shot because I have verbal diarrhea, and was inspired by the OS Inevitable! I hope you all like it! :) 

Chapter 1 - Confrontation

"Hey Sumo- Sumo? What's wrong?" Sumo paid no heed to Pushkar's greeting as she stormed into the Malhotra house and made a bee line for the stairs that led up to his room. "World War 3 is about to begin." Pushkar says with a laugh to Nirmala who had an amused look on her face as she sat on the couch beside Kamini, the latter rolled her eyes as she scrolled through her phone.

"Do they still fight all the time?" Nirmala asked Pushkar with a smile on her face, she used the word fight lightly.

"They fight like Tom and Jerry, it still doesn't last long though, they'll apologize to each other once they cool down as usual." He smiled at his aunt while his mother rolled her eyes when she heard Sumo throw the door open upstairs.

"What the hell is your problem?" Sumo yelled as she slammed the door to his room shut behind her, he was sitting on his bed with his phone in his hand. His eyes grew wide with the outburst and her angry tone. He looked up at her in shock, her face was flushed and she seemed to be seething with anger.

"You're never going to knock, are you?" He smiled at her hoping to diffuse the situation, but the annoyance on her face just multiplied. She stormed towards him and stood at the edge of his bed looking down at him with a glare.

"Shravan, I swear I am going to kill you." She yelled throwing her bag onto the bed angrily.

"What did I do now?" He asked trying to sound innocent but she saw right through him.

"Oh really, you don't know?" She narrowed her eyes at him as he nervously ran his hand through his hair.

"Sumo, calm down." He said getting up off the bed and then cringed when her eyes narrowed even more, he clearly knew that he had said the wrong thing.

She moved to the side of the bed and stood right in front of him and poked his chest, hard, with her index finger. "Calm. Down. Calm. Down?" She said the words slowly, poking him with every word, it wouldn't be surprising if he had a bruise from the constant pressure.

"Sumo-"

"Do you even realize what you've done Shravan?!" She almost screams. "Because of you everyone at home is angry with me, even Naanu."

"I didn't mean-"

"That's the problem, you never mean anything. You don't mean to show up at my house when there are people over to see me, all three times, you didn't mean to intimidate two others guys and you definitely did not mean to call the last one and tell him to back off." She slapped his chest hard this time causing him to let out a yelp.

"Sumo-"

"What is the meaning of all of this Shravan Malhotra?!"

"They weren't right for you!"

"It didn't seem that way, they seemed perfectly normal, everyone else loved them." She screamed back. "With the first two everyone thought that you were just eagerly trying to find the perfect guy for me but how do you go through and reject 11 guys Shravan?! Eleven. They were all well-educated and well-off, good looking too."

"They weren't, half of them were idiots and the other half looked like cows."

"Then what about Deepak? Huh, he didn't look like a cow and he definitely wasn't an idiot. He called the house today and said that he couldn't marry me because you called him. And now Mami thinks this is all because we are in love with each other." She pointed between the two of them. "Naanu thinks I lied to him, Mami won't talk to me and Maasi keeps glaring at me for supposedly lying to her. They think I am telling you to do this."

"I didn't know that was going to happen." Shravan said taken aback by the tears that were now streaming down her face. She was frustrated, she didn't want to get married but she had to in order to appease her family, the man she loves is oblivious and claims to have moved on yet finds every way possible to sabotage every rishta that comes her way.

"What did you think was going to happen then?" She cried.

"Sumo, shhh. Stop crying." He said grabbing her face between his hands and wiping away her tears. Sumo looked at him and felt even angrier, what the hell was his problem?

"Don't touch me." She said pushing his hands away. His eyes widened in shock as she pulled away from him, that had never happened before, she never pushed him away.

"Why are you doing this Shravan? Where are you going to find a guy that's perfect for me, huh?"

Shravan stood in front of her and didn't know what to say, he didn't know that he had gone through eleven guys or that his actions were going to lead her family to be angry with her. He had just known that when he met those guys he couldn't imagine them with Sumo, they weren't right for her. She needed someone who would love her immensely yet still be able to keep up with her and not be a pushover.

"I just wanted you to marry someone that would keep you happy."

"And none of them were capable of that?"

"No. They weren't, they wouldn't know how to handle you Sumo. You need someone driven, someone that'll stick by your side through thick and thin, someone who will appreciate an amazing person you are and will value your opinion. Someone that'll love your family just as much as you do, someone that'll let you fulfill your dreams, someone that knows what you want in life and will always trust you."

"Where am I going to find this someone Shravan?" She asked sounding dejected, because to her that someone that was perfect for her was standing right in front of her. Something about the situation was bothering Shravan yet he couldn't place what it was, there was a painful feeling in his chest and a gnawing feeling in his brain, like his heart was trying to say something but his brain refused to let it come into his consciousness. "Why do I need all of that Shravan? Why are you so concerned with who I marry? Why does it matter to you?"

"I-I- don't know."

Sumo let out a huff of hair and stepped towards him before grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him down so her face was level with his. "You better figure it out really soon then Shravan Malhotra, because I am going to marry the next person my family approves of, and if that bothers you for some unknown reason, you better figure it out and do something about it." She said looking him dead in the eye, her voice was even and her words clear. She let him go and turned around storming out of the room leaving him standing as he was in the middle of his room.

His mind was clouded with confusion and it took him a minute to snap out of it and run after her. Pushkar, Kamini and Nirmala watched as Sumo stormed out of the house and a few seconds later Shravan ran out after her, none of them said a word.

"Sumo, wait!" Shravan yelled as she was about to open the door to her car.

"What Shravan?" She asked, she was so done with him at the moment. She knew exactly why he was doing what he was doing, but he didn't even realize it and she was tired of waiting for him to wake up.

"What are you trying to say Sumo? Why are you so angry-"

"You know, you're really dumb for a supposed Oxford graduate." She said facing him, she thought he understood what she meant but clearly not. "So I'll spell it out for you Shravan. You drove all of those guys away because you didn't want me to marry them, you don't want me to marry anyone, because somewhere in that head of yours you think that I should marry you. But you won't let yourself think about it. You say you've moved on right? Then why are you so jealous of these men, what was so wrong with Deepak that you had to scare him away? You blew your lid when it came to Googlu and you knew that was an act. The way you've been acting the past few weeks...you act like you're my boyfriend or something trying to fend off all these guys. You are jealous Shravan Malhotra because you haven't moved on." By this point there are tears streaming down her face as she looks him right in the eye and tells him everything that is going on in her head. 

"You still love me, but you don't want to admit it to yourself. Why are you still carrying around that letter you wrote me years ago? Why does everything I do affect you so much? Why are we like this Shravan? We can't go a day without talking to each other, we do so much for the other at our own expense...we-. Why am I even bothering? You know what, I am done hoping for you to realize that there is something more than friendship here Shravan, it's been months, I've been here waiting for you to do something, but you are sending me missed signals. One moment I think that you do love me and the next I am unsure. And I am not blaming you for it, I know I am no better, so today I am going to say what's on my mind." She takes a deep breath, bracing herself for the words that are about to leave her mouth for the first time.

"I love you Shravan, and I have loved you for a long time. But even though I want to wait for you to one day realize that you love me, I can't, because I don't know if it's ever going to happen. I have a family that expects certain things from me and I owe them as much after all they've done for me. I don't know what's going on in that head of yours, you don't either, but think about it. And if what I am saying rings true, do something about it. And if not, I hope you make it to my wedding Shravan." She said, there were tears streaming down her face and her nose was red, but once the words started they had just flowed out, all the frustration, depression and anger that had been brewing inside her for weeks just flowed out. She didn't wait for him to answer, she just sat in her car and closed the door behind her.

He felt like his life had come to a standstill as soon as she started talking. It was like everything else in the world stopped and her voice and her words surrounded him like a bubble. He didn't really know what to say, he was in shock both at her confession and her insight into his own mind.

He stood there and watched her car disappear from sight, it wasn't until the outdoor lights of the house went off that he realized he needed to go back into the house. For the first time in a long time his feet dragged against the ground as he walked into his house. Nirmala looked up from her seat on the couch, she had thought that he had left with Sumo. "Shravan?" She asked but he didn't hear her as he went up the stairs and into his room shutting the door.

He didn't make it to his bed but collapsed onto the sofa, his mind was whirring, her words kept repeating themselves in his head. She loved him, she knew about the letter, she knew he had loved her, maybe still did love her.

Shravan let out a loud sigh and closed his eyes, trying to just stop thinking for a minute but he couldn't, her words repeated themselves in his mind over and over again. That feeling in his chest was back again, that semi-painful feeling that came back from time to time and he still didn't know what to do about it.

X-X-X-X

Chapter 2 - Confusion - Page 5 (Updated May 24)
Chapter 3 - Confession - Page 10 (Updated May 28)
Edited by astonm - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This was just AMAZING!! Beautiful!!!! I Loved reading this!!! I loved how Sumo gets frustrated and confesses to him. The feelings, emotions are so real!!!

I am so looking forward to the next part!! I hope you update soon!!! And keep it coming!!! Love reading your works๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P.S: Had just finished reading one of your OS's and was going to read another one (Both read more than once) and saw this. Could not stop myself from resing and reading it immediately. I can now say am the first one to read and comment๐Ÿ˜†

P.P.S: Update soon please๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by PrincessAshVik - 7 years ago
thefangirllife thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
RES MERI JAAN YOU ARE ON A ROLL KEEP EM COMING!
---------

I love you for this!! ๐Ÿค—

This is what we need, this is so realistic and in line with their characters!! I can so see Sumo getting frustrated and confronting him and leaving him confused, this is what I want. I want her to tell him first! I love how she just said everything out loud!! I love that she pulls him down by the collar ๐Ÿคฃ

Update soon Anjali!
Edited by kmh2lover - 7 years ago
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Res
Not first but Ha! Take that Kritu ๐Ÿคฃ *doing tera wala step*
Oh Shravan, you stupid Oxford graduate, get your butt out of wanting to be in the friend-zone and recognize the love in the air๐Ÿ˜† Now even I am doubting, did he go to the real Oxford?๐Ÿ˜›
Sumo, true to her character- muffat. She finally lost her cool๐Ÿ˜†
And she literally wrote it down for you man, what the heck more you need?๐Ÿค”
I know what is going to happen next- He is going to barge in there with his paltan and dismiss her next suitor and confess and then they loved happily ever after. But that will not stop me from asking an update because I need blow by blow analysis๐Ÿ˜† Edited by -AvadaKedavra- - 7 years ago
astonm thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -AvadaKedavra-

Res
Not first but Ha! Take that Kritu ๐Ÿคฃ *doing tera wala step*

I am loving this back and forth, you two are like the Tom & Jerry of the EDKV forum <3๐Ÿ˜†
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: astonm

I am loving this back and forth, you two are like the Tom & Jerry of the EDKV forum <3๐Ÿ˜†

She is cute, I love annoying her๐Ÿ˜†
Waiting for her to react with her gifs ๐Ÿคฃ

travelholic thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
can you please upload all the 3 parts today since u are writing ๐Ÿ˜‰
sorry for being demanding but you write so well ๐Ÿ˜›
Crazypiya thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Ohh god such an awesome update.. Plzz send this script to the cvs and let them know we have far better script writers than them .. This is so logical n realistic update baaed on the current track.. I really want the same thing in the show.. Waiting gor tge next update
an_chau thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
WHOA... what a beautiful Sunday - so many fantastic pieces... ๐Ÿ˜ณ
As i watched (in my mind's eye) Sumo laying her deepest feelings out for Shravan to see, I wished I could step into their world and just shake that guy out of his daze!!! ๐Ÿ˜†
Your writing really makes me fall in love with these two a little more every time i read a new piece... 

FangirlForever thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have to go to school right now sooo...Res 
Sanni -.-