Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Rani without a doubt.  in fact, I think Rani was the best actress of her time. late 90's to mid 2000's. (this is not including madhuri and sri devi obviously) 
Not only Black but many of rani's performances exceed kajol's imo. rani has sooo many great performances like yuva, mardaani, talaash, hum tum, saathiya, chalte chalte, laaga chunari mein daag, etc. 

kajol didn't do a lot of varied roles even though I am sure she had the opportunity many times and turned it down. and you can't grow as an actor until you do different roles. rani took a lot of risks and challenged herself...rani really enjoyed being an actress and doing different roles, I find her more admirable because of this quality of hers. 
saraaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hermione82

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMwWanJE3UE[/YOUTUBE]

what a awful reason to not do good roles ðŸ¤¢ 
this is sad because she actually does have talent. she CAN act. 

there are so many people who want to be actors and have talent and are faaar more passionate about acting. then these star kids who don't even like movies get a free entry into bollywood just to make money or for fame. 

Edited by shootingstar.xx - 8 years ago
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I didn't like Black I might be 1 of the few who thinks that its an overrated move I only watched it once. bt rani was very good in it bt I just didn't like it. I preferred kajol's blind act in fanaa
Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hermione82

How do you know Kajol never got a chance. She said in KWK that she is not going to do a poor person role because she doesn't look like them😲
When an actress possess such narrow outlook to the roles being offered to her she is bound to get limited. Its a pity that she never took the chance and stepped out of her comfort zone

That's because I have never heard about kajol refusing to do any role except for karisma's role in DTPH so I thought may be she was never offered different roles.

Thanks for the KWK link.It's not surprising about what she said as she always seemed a rich and spoilt brat to me.No offence to her fans.
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Y black only? Each and every performance of rani is special and diverse...that's y I love her ..she believes in variety and taking challenges ..if only she could market herself better.Talent doesn't take u far in this showbiz single-handedly..I don't like her disappearing act ..suddenly she will appear out of nowhere when a film releases and then vapourize ..wont attend any function ..won't give media shots ..I mean she's impossible ..plus not lobby for any award..won't take up calls from her friends and journos ...i mean then y act again ? ..the industry doesn't work this way.The calls of the journos whom u avoid .U can't expect then to come for interview when Ur film releases that too once in 2 years lol...either abide by the norms or just quit it ( rant of a frustrated fan)..
Post 2010 ,I find her performance in talaash extremely special ..not many will understand the nuance of the character ..the internal pain of losing a child that she portrayed through her eyes and choked voice is something that's beyond extraordinary.. Of course she was influenced by aamir - the perfectionist ..but as someone who is closely associated with drama school ..I understand the brilliance of her portrayal.. Each and every scene was perfect ..

Coming to kajol,heres an actress who refused to take challenges and did the same thing again and again quite unapologetically..but she is bloody brilliant in the things she does ..both are from different schools of cinema .

Btw rani's performance in black beats best performances of many actors too.