Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarsyed thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Very well writtenπŸ‘
As per my thinking Raman has always loved/given in any relationship as a son,brother,father,husband (1st marriage) he has never received or been loved except for ishita...he had a family,he was successful,he was a father but he lacked love ...the void which ishita filled in later.he has craved for pure unconditional love which he never got ...for him that was an issue or a part missing in his life.he always wanted to give in case of ishita too for what he recieved from her and that's how the surrogacy or baby thing happened too (let's forget the EX getting involved part here)

In case of ishita She has had the thought of being infertile  being looked down  or taunted for her inability as her major problem in life she craved to love someone as a mother maybe she was content with a family who didn't depend on her as much as raman's family  and loved her ...she had a failed relationship with subbu ...for her the main interest was to fight her inability to become a mother so it appeared more as she loved Ruhi more than anyone else.

Both were on a look out to find peace with themselves and they did too ishita in the form of ruhi and Raman in the form of ishita and when ruhi was no more this chain broke  because it began and it ended  for  "sirf ruhi ke liye"
Edited by sarsyed - 8 years ago
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I wonder if SJ knows Raman as well as you do ! Or perhaps you are the one who created Raman's character ! A good writer and story teller knows and lives in the character he or she creates and that's when a good story is created . I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and could see the character of Raman more clearly which the creative team failed to portray , he has been portrayed as an oger , but never given a chance to show what he really is . Thank you for giving a wonderful RE introduction of RKB ... Post like your makes me proud to be part of India Forums where people can see beyond the actors .
kaa1202 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Welcome to IF & Nice post Zoya...
Raman's insecurities are always bigger than Ishita & that's why he always go into the self destruct mode without thinking about the consequences.. Nevertheless he is the most beautiful character in YHM coz he is flawed but still stands tall when compared to others...
arooshee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I am really sorry...but I dont think raman has a character at all...this is my pov...dont jump to bash me...
If he has character...he wud not have drowned himself in drinking and remember his dead wife for a second in drunken stupour...and rest of the time hating her and showing attitude to the parents of his dead wife who had lost their young daughter not allowing their daughter to meet her maternal grandparents just because they support romi...his ego is much bigger than his love...
It doesnt look like he is repenting...well it looks like thank god that manhoos is no more...how cud he allow shagun to be called his wife infront of pihu... 
He wanted to remove ISHITA baanj tag so went for surrogacy... Now that surrogate baby knows shagun as her mother not ishita...  Did he reall y wanted to remove ishita baanj tag????? Or just keep shagun to himself???
I think he is very happy with the way things are now... Pihu shagun with him...that's why he deleted ishita and her family from pihu's life...
Sorry for him shagun is always asli ma and ishita sauteli ma...sirf bolne se tum achi ma ho nahi hota...his actions told he considers are as baanj and suteli...
Sorry ...raman jaise husband kisiko na mile jise sirf apni family...apni bhai behen apni babies.. Apni ex wife...aur kuch galat ho Jaye to dafa ho jao ISHITA... Tum ma hi nahi ho...tumhari jaat hi aisi hai!!!!!!!
Wow!!!!!! What a character  he got!!!!
maduragymhasium thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
warm welcome to yhm  forum dear πŸ€—

what an post dear

after long time i feel so positive after reading your awesome post

do you know one think i am  diehard raman fan while reading itself i feel so much happiness make me proud to be his fan more and more dear

what an analysis dear

just outstanding dear

i bow down for your post dear πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

i love it so much dear

please post something related to yhm daily dear

amazingly said his emotion his love in your excellent post dear
varunike thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
very well written.
infact i dont think the CVs actually think/ponder so much when they are writing a track or dialogues.. they just hosh posh put together something last minute based on that weeks TRP.

Raman is very confusing character.. not nice at times. Agree he loved Ishitha but does not justify the harsh things always told to her.. Cvs better justify him staying away from the iyers or keeping pihu away from them.. if it is because of mihika then i think it is the dumbest reason. but for CVs it is drama and trp that counts. guess that is happening.

There has to be a heart to heart conversation between the leads which never happens.. sad Cvs dont think... 
-K.13- thumbnail
Hi Zoya - welcome to IF!  

This is a wonderful post because you have added such depth to Raman.  In a time where only his harsh words seem to resonate, you have brought back beauty and intentionality to the character.  I would hope the makers continue to have this view on Raman because I completely agree that this is what Raman's original characterization was like but since the time slot change it was harder to find the flow in his characterization.  

As IshRa are my favorite desi TV couple and Ishita 1.0 was one of the most well-written FLs I have seen, Raman is my favorite desi TV male character after watching a lot of shows, but it's frustrating when he's taken to supreme extremes, but you shed a different perspective on everything.   

I hope as this post leap track continues to unravel at such a slow pace - we are able to see some of these layers you speak of come out (despite their love for MU-based drama). β€οΈ
Edited by -K.13- - 8 years ago
Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!! I personally watched all of the online up to September, this year, and am currently building up a bank of episodes to catch up on. I'm an emotional fool and have declared a boycott on the show until Raman and Ishita at least begin to resolve the issues they face, and some much needed happiness returns to the show. 
I currently keep up with written updates. I live in England and the whole 'binge watching' Netflix culture I am now applying to this show. Until then therefore, I think I am going to make theses type of posts and maybe write some stories.

I feel like before the time slot change, there was more time given to why Raman and Ishita behaved they way they do. I actually do think Raman is incredibly volatile, and in all honesty Ishita bears the brunt of Shagun madam's mistakes. But similarly, I also think the reason Ishita is terrified at first of intimacy with Raman is because she got rejected at the last minute by Subbu. Her past too terrifies her that she could still be rejected again at any minute. Let's remember, she was engaged twice, before Raavan kumar came along. Raman himself mentions on a few occasions that she was a rejectee! Now after time slot change, and to add drama, Raman rants first, and then is not given enough time to explain his thought process, so it appears Raman isn't thinking at all. Similarly,  Ishita's constant need for reassurance that she is important to the family, and to Raman means she plays the self sacrificing martyr many many times. I think the idea that she will always feel inferior to Shagun, as she cannot be raman's first love should really be explored in more depth. I feel like even Raman doesn't recognise how difficult this is for  Ishita. I think if Raman found it hard to trust, Ishita may find it even harder. Her insecurity stemmed from something she can't change. Raman however did change. He transformed himself. I really think therefore, that Whilst yes after more than two years of marriage, Ishita should trust Raman, when it comes to Ruhi, she may never trust anyone else. Not even Raman. I actually think Ishita as a character will always find ultimate trust just as difficult as Raman does. But Ishita being the more level headed, calm and collected one, does not lash out at the drop of a hat because of this...unlike Raman

-mujna- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Hi... Welcome to IF... This is such a beautiful description of what Raman's character is... I read some where that it is easier to hate because when a person stops hating he begins hurting... And Raman's insecurities clearly show that he has this facade of hate so that he doesn't feel pain! 
-K.13- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zoyamalik2005

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!! I personally watched all of the online up to September, this year, and am currently building up a bank of episodes to catch up on. I'm an emotional fool and have declared a boycott on the show until Raman and Ishita at least begin to resolve the issues they face, and some much needed happiness returns to the show. 

I currently keep up with written updates. I live in England and the whole 'binge watching' Netflix culture I am now applying to this show. Until then therefore, I think I am going to make theses type of posts and maybe write some stories.

I feel like before the time slot change, there was more time given to why Raman and Ishita behaved they way they do. I actually do think Raman is incredibly volatile, and in all honesty Ishita bears the brunt of Shagun madam's mistakes. But similarly, I also think the reason Ishita is terrified at first of intimacy with Raman is because she got rejected at the last minute by Subbu. Her past too terrifies her that she could still be rejected again at any minute. Let's remember, she was engaged twice, before Raavan kumar came along. Raman himself mentions on a few occasions that she was a rejectee! Now after time slot change, and to add drama, Raman rants first, and then is not given enough time to explain his thought process, so it appears Raman isn't thinking at all. Similarly,  Ishita's constant need for reassurance that she is important to the family, and to Raman means she plays the self sacrificing martyr many many times. I think the idea that she will always feel inferior to Shagun, as she cannot be raman's first love should really be explored in more depth. I feel like even Raman doesn't recognise how difficult this is for  Ishita. I think if Raman found it hard to trust, Ishita may find it even harder. Her insecurity stemmed from something she can't change. Raman however did change. He transformed himself. I really think therefore, that Whilst yes after more than two years of marriage, Ishita should trust Raman, when it comes to Ruhi, she may never trust anyone else. Not even Raman. I actually think Ishita as a character will always find ultimate trust just as difficult as Raman does. But Ishita being the more level headed, calm and collected one, does not lash out at the drop of a hat because of this...unlike Raman

Omg I love your writing - please do continue to provide insight more as you can! πŸ˜³

This is taking me back to the days we would have wonderful discussions about the depths of these characters and the intentionality of the scenes/dialogs.

I 100% agree that the biggest flaw since time slot change is Raman's emotions aren't given on screen build up or perspective and this happens to a lesser degree to Ishita too.  We viewers who connected to both characters initially can find the emotional nuances and thought processes b/c we've come to understand them.  So it just sucks that they don't show emotional justification of the leads on screen b/c if they did - we'd probably see much much less Ishita versus Raman!  

Both Ishita and Raman are at the core insecure that they are not worthy of keeping and holding onto love.  You described Raman's coping mechanism well in your original post, and you touch on Ishita's here - she overcompensates with caring and sacrificing to be accepted.  And honestly, I get both mechanisms b/c I personally have done similar things in a less melodramatic way! πŸ˜†

@bold - you aren't the only emotional fool here!  I mean despite being hella frustrated with this show for a while...I've still stuck around even through surrogacy track which just hurt a lot.  I'm doing the same thing your are though - either until Ruhi is saved or there is an ounce of positivity in the form of IshRa starting to may the journey back to each other...I'm just building on my bank of episodes!

Bahaha I love the "binge watching" culture!  That's how I used to watch most of my TV - American, British, or Indian until YHM came along!  What netflix shows do you watch?