Just a few thoughts on Raman, a few more thoughts added on page 3!!

Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
im a silent reader and just joined as a member today. I thought I'd pen down down some thoughts, just to see if they made sense. Feel free to disagree, share your opinion, tell me I'm crazy, or all the above together😊
In my opinion, Raman attempted his best not to fall in love with ishita. But he did. I think he fell so deeply in love with her, that Shagun can't even compare. It's like ishita slowly turned his world upside down, and before he could realise what was happening he fell in love. Long before he started acknowledging what he was feeling, long before Mani instigated a jealous possessiveness, he started to fall for her. And as the relationship progresses, we have seen just how terrified Raman is of losing Ishita, whether that is to someone else or some catastrophe. Ishita, the classic over compensator, feeling like she cannot give the family a blessing most daughters in law do, I think took it upon herself to bring any happiness she could to the family. I think it his feeling of inferiority that drives the so called 'jagatmaata' attitude, at least when related to the family. But in a way, it is this feeling of deep insecurity Raman and ishita have, that makes them more alike then at first glance you would think, and makes them act the way they do

And I think it is this insecurity, in a way that lead to the catastrophe that gave way to the leap. 

In a way, Ruhi optimises everything that Raman and Ishita held dear. Ruhi brought them together, through her they found this all consuming undying love. Ishita fell in love with her daughter's father. Raman fell in love with his daughter's mother. Even though the 'surf Ruhi ke liye' phase ended ages ago, I think that tag also defined them as people. When it therefore suddenly appeared that Ruhi was gone from their lives, I think in the heat of the moment, Raman' s venomous words fuelled a deep insecurity. How is he supposed to be the man Ishita loves, and can look to for support, when he is no longer father to her daughter, a very defining quality in what lead to Ishita falling hopelessly in love with Raman in the first place. This is classic Raman.he lashed out in pain. His daughter has just died. Another entered the world. Things went horribly wrong. And the one person that can save him, may never look at him the same way. This was a common theme in the child swap track, what are Raman and Ishita without Ruhi? I think the answer scared Raman , and Raman being Raman, went into self destruct mode. His defence mechanism however, did the one thing he was most terrified about. It killed Ishita. He was terrified of losing her, and in his self destruct, he killed Ishita too. He imploded the relationship before he could see his worst nightmare; that Ishita wouldn't want him for him and would walk away herself. He used everything he knew would hurt her in a fit of grief, anger, rage, shock, and utter disbelief. In his own attempt to safeguard Ishita being the one to walk away, he ended up pushing her off the cliff himself for real this time. It wasn't a plan to save her life this time. It was a plan to end things his way before like his past, Ishita was the one to leave him. And of course this happened within a few minutes, emotions were rife, and I just think this is how Raman is. After shagun's betrayal we have seen time and time again when Raman fears Ishita too will leave he hurts her first.

I get why people think the characters have changed drastically, I do. But I think in this case, the stakes were higher and it was in keeping with What Raman does for self preservation. I just think it happens time and time again because Raman doesn't realise himself what he is doing. This is him declaring pre emotive war before the other person can defeat him.

Edited by Zoyamalik2005 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-MS- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I am reading something so intensely beautiful in this forum after ages! Bravo!!
Veeann thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Very well analysed. Raman is such a flawed character but in his flaws lies his appeal. I still have hopes that both Raman and Ishita's emotions and pov will be given proper screen space and importance in this track. 
kras thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow wow wow
So beautiful post
So beautiful write up
U put his emotions so nicely
Amazing
I read something nice after so many days
But really u made my morning beautiful
And hats off to u for writing this
Divya5377 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree with you to an extent..his venom words this time are something beyond repair..I really want a decent confrontation and their pov to be shown in the show..which I highly doubt we can see..I hope they don't turn in to some comedy..my heart wrenches when I recall what Raman said to Ishu..they may be out of impulse..but referring to Bala mom and saying she is the worst thing happened in life are irreparable..Ishu is his punching bag..when they lost Ruhi he should be aware that Ishu would be the most sufferer and instead of supporting her..he made her guilty..I always wonder why he don't get back his relation with iyer's?is he not in repent mode still?is it something which his Ishu wants provided he considered her dead and does she reserves this respect of not telling Pihu about Ishu..why why? This question is bugging me..he doesn't care Adi what he mistake he did?the same Adi whom he loved to the core..I didn't find any consistency in Ramans characterEdited by Divya5377 - 8 years ago
crazy_bholi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
it was so nice to read and you interpret well...even if they take your 1% analysis...yhm may survive
-AngryBird- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Such a beautiful post! Agree with each and every word! Something very sensible on this forum after ages!
gargpoo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Such a nice analysis...he is flawed impulsive..
I want his proper pov in this track..
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

It's been ages since I have read a post that is so insightful and mentally stimulating; one where the personalities and the character traits of both the protagonists are so well understood and what makes them tick is so aptly defined by someone.

I had reserved this post but couldn't due to some constraints update the same earlier. However it is in hindsight a good thing, since I could make a common reply for your views on both Ishita and Raman, it's been so long since a post has had an analytical approach on the forum when discussing this duo as a pair or individually and not just a nasty - I hate her/him for xyz opinion.

Always a delight to read something that's so beautifully written.

Love & God bless,

Aani
Edited by QueSeraSera - 8 years ago
Guguminti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thing which cvs failed to show, u did. I guess only he is left whose POV has never been shown in the show apart from those initial days.
Well, cvs r busy writing beautiful monologues on Shagun Devi trying hard to be selfless n Mani's Turueee Lub. 

If some of the cvs r reading this, can we get to see Raman's side of story too, if u don't forget than not Mani's but Raman's love for Ishita is Our concern.

Btw, reading something so beautiful n sensible thing on forum gives a good feeling. Thanks