A Second Chance! - Chapter 1, Pg 2 [24/04]

_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

"She is no more!"

The doctor's words echoed in his ears. Tears brimmed in his eyes.

"It's not a time to joke, doc!" He muttered, unsure of what is happening around him and wondering if he's having a nightmare.

"I'm sorry, Mayank!" The doctor consolingly tapped on his shoulder and walked away.

Mayank numbly headed towards the window to glance at her once. She appeared lifeless, but he could imagine a serene smile on her face, as if she finally found peace from all her pain she was going through since the last few months. However, he could not prevent himself from being tearful. All the moments they had spend together in the past ten years flashed before his eyes.

Just then an 8-year-old girl held his hand. "Dad, where is mum?" she asked innocently, and frowned on noticing her father crying. "Dad, what's wrong?"

Mayank hugged his daughter and wailed miserably. "She left us, Aliya!"

Aliya understood that the day her mother discussed about last night has come. "Aliya, you will have to take care of your dad after I go. He will be very heartbroken, but you'll have to be strong." Her mother's words rang in her mind. She pulled her father near the seat and made him sit down. Wiping his tears off, she embraced him. "I am here, dad! I'll be always with you."

Mayank closed his eyes and silently shed tears. "Mayank, promise me that after I am gone, you'll read this letter, not before that." He remembered her words. Breaking the hug, he asked Aaliya to go outside and play, while he would be there shortly after meeting the doctor. Aaliya nodded and ran towards the exit.

Sitting on the bed in his home, Mayank numbly started reading the letter...

Dear Mayank,

I know you must be crying so much right now, but trust me, your tears are hurting me much more than all the pain I went through in the last few months. So stop crying first!

Mayank immediately wiped off his tears, and read further...

I know it is hard for you to live without me, but you'll have to for our Aaliya. You'll have to be both her mum and her dad. And when I'll see both of you happy, I'll be happy as well. Trust me on that!

Staring outside the window, Mayank saw Aaliya running and playing around. A small smile crept on his lips.

You smiled, right, seeing Aaliya playing around? Just keep that smile on your face for her and for me. And one thing... I told you once that you'll know my last wish at the right time. So the time is finally here, and keep in mind that you promised me to fulfill whatever I ask from you. Don't back off now, alright? Or else my soul will be restless.

"I'll do anything for you. Just ask once!" Mayank whispered, while his tears dried up on his stubble.

Marry my best friend Nupur. I am sure that she will keep you and Aaliya happy. I have asked her the same, and she agreed. Don't refuse please.

The letter fell off from Mayank's hands. He was motionless, and did not know what to say or how to react. He picked up the letter and continued reading...

I'll always love you no matter where I am, but since I am not with you anymore, I want you to get someone's love and be happy forever. Nupur is an amazing person, and had been with me through thick and thin since we were in school. She's my best friend, and I am sure she will love you a lot, even more than me. She will give our daughter the love of a mother. I can assure you that she won't let you and Aaliya feel my absence. Please give her a chance. Please, Mayank!

Yours,

Piya :)

"Mayank!" Nupur knocked at the door hesitantly. Mayank stared at her, and then at Aaliya. He brushed off his tears, and appeared as if he did not have any emotions left in him anymore. "Get ready! We will get married today." He walked away, leaving Nupur astonished at the sudden turn of events. She did not think that Mayank would be ready to marry her on the day he lost his love.

Nupur's phone rang, and looking at the screen, she gets tensed. "I told you not to contact me anymore," she determinedly exclaimed.

"You can't do this to me, Nupur. We loved each other! I am your boyfriend, god damn it!" Dhruv angrily stated.

Nupur's eyes shined with tears. "I am sorry for everything, Dhruv, but Piya meant the world to me. I can do anything to fulfill her wish. I am getting married to Mayank today. Forget me please." she disconnected the call, and silently cried.

Edited by _SilentSoul_ - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Hello everyone,
Hope all are doing well. It's been ages! 😃 I started writing after four long years, and it really feels good to be back. By the way, I'm Bidzie. I used to read and write FFs a couple of years ago.

So, here's a prologue of my new story. No new concept for sure, but I will try my best to make it as unique as I can, so hope you will like it. I also hope that my writing skills did not deteriorate. 😆

Happy reading :)

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
You write beautifully. The words and the aura was built up so perfectly. Didnt even realise when the part was over. Loved it absolutely and intrigued to read further!
Welcome back! ❤️
drfizaahmed thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
welcome back 
wonderful start 
AWonderfulChaos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
First of all , Welcome back :) 

Coming to the FF ... great start :) loved the prologue ...Would be interesting to see how these 2 ppl let go off their past to welcome their future together :) Plus its always great reading stories on Mayur :)

Do continue soon :)
blackkitty thumbnail
Nice story concept.
though i never read any fiction based on mayank and nupur.
i always stuck on one thing that is arshi.
But i would love to read this fiction further.
because its my one of favorite jodi.
inehanayak thumbnail
Nice One... But please keep posting it on regular basis...
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Thanks everyone for your response. I did not expect a single response even. So thank you sooo much! <3 And good to see some of my old readers - Perk, Fiza *hugs*

I will be updating in the weekends. Have a good one!
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: blackkitty

Nice story concept.
though i never read any fiction based on mayank and nupur.
i always stuck on one thing that is arshi.
But i would love to read this fiction further.
because its my one of favorite jodi.

Feel free to imagine ArShi in place of MaYur. Hope you have a good time reading it. Thanks :)
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail

Chapter 1

"Nupur, I'm at the last stage of blood cancer."

Piya's words shook Nupur. She sat numb, with tears rolling down her eyes on a jet speed. They were sitting at the terrace under the moonlit sky. They loved such ambiance because it brought them a sense of peace and relaxation after a hectic, exhausting day. Little did Nupur know that this time, her peace would be snatched so brutally by the cruel game of fate.

"This isn't a way to joke, Piya," Nupur annoyingly reminded her and looked away, while Piya held her wrist. "I wish this was a joke, Nupur," Piya uncontrollably yet silently sobbed. "Please look at me!" she requested.

Nupur squeezed her eyes and tears continued gushing. She was not brave enough to face her best friend as she knew that she would break down any moment.

"Okay fine, don't look at me but please promise me something, Nupur," Piya vulnerably pleaded.

Nupur stared Piya helplessly. "I'll do anything you say," she said, and hugging her, she broke down.

Piya stopped crying, knowing that she had to be strong for Nupur. "I won't like it if you break down like this," she firmly said. Nupur finally calmed down and broke the hug. Wiping off her tears, she asked Piya determinedly, "What do you wish for?"

"Marry Mayank after I am gone," Piya numbly requested, while Nupur was left in a state of shock and disbelief.

"Be my Aaliya's mum. I know this is very sudden, as you just came back after your studies, and I am really very sorry for this, but I know Mayank and Aaliya won't be able to live without me. Only you can take care of them and help them cope up with this. Please Nupur!"

Nupur plainly nodded, and tears brimmed in her eyes again. Simply embracing Piya, she poured her heart out, "I don't want to let you go. Don't go, Piya. Please."

The last conversation with Piya was still fresh in Nupur's mind. Her tears dried on her cheeks, while she was staring at herself in the mirror. Touching her vermillion and marital chain, she remembered the moment when Mayank married her in the temple. "Piya, I wanted to gossip a lot with you... Tell you about Dhruv, what I did in US, what my future plans were. I wanted to ask you about your life, your Mayank and Aaliya. I thought that we will have so much fun in my wedding, along with your husband and daughter. But fate has to do this to us! It just has to!" Tears did not stop from flowing down her cheeks.

Just then she heard the siren of the ambulance. Running near the window, she witnessed Piya's body being taken inside the house. Crying uncontrollably, she ran down the stairs and numbly stared at the hospital staff putting the body on the floor, while Mayank and Aaliya were crying their heart out, standing aside.

As the staff kept the body on the ground, Mayank quietly sat beside it. He stroked her forehead and sobbed. Aaliya pressed her mouth and cried. She saw Nupur standing at the stairs, ran to her and hugged her. "Nupur aunty, mum told me that she would go one day. I told her so many times not to go, but she did not listen. She told me to be strong for dad and to take care of him. I tried to be brave, but now I can't do it. I can't be strong without my mum. I can't!" she poured her heart out, while Nupur did not know what to say. She just wrapped the little girl in her arms and consoled her.

Mayank applied vermillion on Piya's parting, and put marital chain around her neck.

"I love you Mayank, and I'll always reside in your smile," he remembered her last words when cancer was taking her away from him. Wiping off his tears, he completed her last rites and walked away with everyone with the body for the cremation.

Gazing the moonlit sky at midnight, Mayank remembered all the moments he had spend with Piya. Nupur touched his shoulder, startling him out of his thoughts. "Eat something."

"I am not hungry!" Mayank bluntly replied. "Not even for Aaliya?" Nupur questioned. Mayank worriedly looked at her, "What happened with Aaliya?"

"She is not eating. She's saying that she will eat once you do," Nupur informed. Mayank hurriedly walked toward Aaliya's room.

Putting Aaliya to sleep, Mayank was walking back to his room when he saw Nupur cutting apples and being lost in thoughts, downstairs in the dinning hall.

"Ah!" Nupur whined in pain as the knife hit her on her palm, making it bleed profusely. Mayank ran to her quickly. "Can't you be a little careful?" he tensely questioned. Making her sit, he grabbed the first aid box from the nearby table, and started aiding her wound.

"Sorry, I just wanted to eat some apple--"

"Who the hell eats apples at midnight?" Mayank interrupted her and retorted, making Nupur surprised at him suddenly opening up.

"I usually get hungry at this time, and that's why I always have chips and fruits handy in my room," Nupur innocently informed Mayank while he gave her an are-you-serious look.

"You're such a kid, just like Piya. Even she had the same hab----" Suddenly Mayank was silent when being reminded of Piya. Tears gathered both in his and Nupur's eyes.

Mayank stood up from the chair, and quietly walked away after bandaging Nupur's wound, while she looked on sadly and followed him towards the room.

As Nupur entered the bedroom, she saw Mayank lying on the bed in a sideway position and staring at Piya's photograph. Confusedly, she was walking up to him, but then she thought that she should not disturb him. Without making any noise, she grabbed a pillow and walked towards the couch.

"You can sleep on the bed," Mayank suggested plainly. "Are you sure?" Nupur asked in disbelief. Mayank nodded, and started gazing at Piya's photograph again.

Nupur lied beside him and closed her eyes to sleep.

Preview of Chapter 2:

Nupur was about to fall on the floor while rolling on the bed in her sleep, but Mayank held her in his arms.