What a Shame ! Hollywood' TJB kicks ass out of bolly films in a week

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
hard to believe...an animation film is ruling the charts in India itself.. is about to cross 100 crores...it proves that content is king...👏
one I don't understand why can't Indian audiences go on to accept our own animated content..I saw today everyone's taking their kids to JGB, why no one took to watch Delhi safari or any other animated Indian film 😕

also our comic characters are dying to come alive on screen ... what about nagraj and other heroes...why we make a krrish first and then make comics on it 

everyone seems to blaming bollywood and it's makers...but the fact is people here needs to change themselves - the mindsets and accept ourselves. otherwise one day hollywood shall rule us out completely one day
Edited by RheaSingh - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I said this before in another thread and I'll say it again: Jungle Book is working worldwide because it has a DEEP connect with people who grew up in the 90s. This movie's draw goes beyond 'animation'...it's about legacy. The fact that it's well-made only propels that nostalgia and ensures people keep coming to see it. Heck, I don't like animation movies but even I've considered plans to go watch it.

If other books/cartoons, etc. create a similar legacy, there can be movies made on them too.
RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^well if you really read my thread...i am not singling out TJB in particular...chalo leave it aside...KUNG FU PANDA anyone...it has also done kickass business...now my question remains the same.  
The problem here is acceptance and we are too much obsessed with western stuff..not much of a problem though but when would our comic heroes shall see the rise. And no filmmaker would take any risk because they won't being accepted.

nagraj, chacha chaudhary and a couple of iconic characters are dying to get their movie avatars...they have the legacy too. 
NightReader thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ummm because hollywood animation is leagues better than our own. there is nothing shameful about it. we will watch whatever is good. and about jungle book it is more nostalgic for people like me who watched it as a kid. i loved the trailer and am waiting to go watch it just to relive my memories and take my kids so they can get a glimpse of my childhood. what is so wrong with that?
Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi,
I do understand your intentions and what ur trying to say...

My take on this...actually it's not just with Indians...its actually everywhere. Hollywood creates content that is accessible to all worldwide. And the fact they use the best technology is only for the purpose that their movies can be watched worldwide not only in their zone. They are likely to bomb if they run only in their countries. they churn out about 170$ million of budgets in animation and CGI films so they need worldwide collections...

where we target our films to only our audiences. the fact is that unlike west people in India are not obsessed with comic characters and neither are they really popular to get big films made on them. You mentioned about Nagraj that character was once really popular. now a days how many remember it. It's the fault of comic makers that they didn't do anything about it. But West films are likely to attract us more mainly because we have grown up adoring their characters whether its batman, superman like someone said above...a legacy is missing here...that's why It does not work. 

However, even I would like to see our characters getting some respect but that is not in our hands...it's in makers I don't mind sidharth malhotra or varun dhawan playing 'nagraj' it's just they know what they r making. shouldn't be cliched as krrish but classy as batman 

signing off 
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There are many factors which has lead to the success of the film.
1. Indian Connection: The movie is based on Indian characters and jungle.The actors who played the role of the only human present in the film is of Indian origin.
2. Nostalgia: People had grew up watching the animated version of Jungle Book (dubbed in hindi and many other regional language). They are familiar with the story and its character. Th song 'Jungle Jungle Baat Chali' is quite famous even now.
3. Timing of Release: It's the time of IPL and not many Bollywood movie release at this time. Last year Fast & Furious 7 was released during the same time and it was a huge box office success. Also it's a movie targeted to kids mostly and it's a period of summer vacation.
4. Promotion and Marketing: The main lead of the movie came to India for promotion. Big actors were associated with this movie as voice artist. New version of the song 'Jungle Jungle' was released,
5. Technology: The common link between the successful Hollywood film in India like Avatar, Life of Pi & Jungle Book is the technology used. The live-action/CGI animation in this movie is one of the most important factor. It's appealing to not just kids but adults too.

Speaking of Indian animation, its still in nascent stage. All those CGI technology require lots of money, which Indian producers don't have. Even if they go on to make such movie pumping 
billions of rupees, they wont recover the money in hundred years. Edited by Faberica - 8 years ago
noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Faberica

There are many factors which has lead to the success of the film.

1. Indian Connection: The movie is based on Indian characters and jungle.The actors who played the role of the only human present in the film is of Indian origin.
2. Nostalgia: People had grew up watching the animated version of Jungle Book (dubbed in hindi and many other regional language). They are familiar with the story and its character. Th song 'Jungle Jungle Baat Chali' is quite famous even now.
3. Timing of Release: It's the time of IPL and not many Bollywood movie release at this time. Last year Fast & Furious 7 was released during the same time and it was a huge box office success. Also it's a movie targeted to kids mostly and it's a period of summer vacation.
4. Promotion and Marketing: The main lead of the movie came to India for promotion. Big actors were associated with this movie as voice artist. New version of the song 'Jungle Jungle' was released,
5. Technology: The common link between the successful Hollywood film in India like Avatar, Life of Pi & Jungle Book is the technology used. The live-action/CGI animation in this movie is one of the most important factor. It's appealing to not just kids but adults too.

Speaking of Indian animation, its still in nascent stage. All those CGI technology require lots of money, which Indian producers don't have. Even if they go on to make such movie pumping 
billions of rupees, they wont recover the money in hundred years.

Nostalgia is a big reason for it doing so well. The makers are cashing on it; they are even releasing hindi dubbed version in few theatres in Canada and USA. I don't think that had happened before. Heck I want to go watch the dubbed version for PC and for jungle jungle baat chali hain (but apparently it's not in the movie)
Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Aladdin and The Little Mermaid are also coming with live action avatar as well...
Aladdin is likely to crush every damn record because I can imagine how much popular it's here...even more than the Jungle book...

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is not the first movie, but also FEW selected ones doing increasingly well in India. Guess what? B4 this numbers rise up at the level where our superstars-BW or local- feel the heat if they r not already, its a wake up call for entire BW.

The worldwide success for BW big movies is where desis live in numbers and in love of BW for whatever reasons and the market is not steady. The gross numbers for BW movies overseas r illusive as time n again proved that Indian film makers take all India Hit anyday over semihit in India-superhit overseas... reason being, Limited market in numbers of prints being distributed and distributor's share in overseas market. Not much money gets back to India. And Its a smoke screen to feed some big name egos to survive by saying blockbuster overseas.. when they know what BB overseas means is a billion dollars business. 

The difference between BW overseas hits to HW Indian Hits is... our overseas hits r worth z-grade HW movie that makes to theatres (ok exegeration) whereas HW hits in India r on par with our biggies already. 😲

Its ok if its just a FEW movies (say 4 in whole year) but if its one every month, its a concern. The day is not far. 

And I say YES, bring on the healthy competition. I would be very unhappy if Indian film industries call for a ban on HW movies coz "we" r suffering. Hope not. Lets take the challenge head on. 

If out of 300 movies we produce, we can cater for all India in 290 movies, can we make the 10 that r world class? Budget notwithstanding. 

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 8 years ago
why r u complaining dude...INDIA watches BAALVEER

🤣