Here's What Shobhaa De Said About Hema Malini's Views on Pratyusha

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

It was just a few days back that popular TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee committed suicide putting an end to her promising career. Shortly thereafter, veteran actress Hema Malini  took to twitter and condemned the Balika Vadhustar, saying that suicide was  a senseless act. Moreover, the Sholay actress also said the those who committed suicides were "losers" and not "fighters.

Now, in a surprising turn of events, Shobhaa De has lashed out against Hema's  harsh remarks. Here is what she wrote

I am so disappointed with Hema Malini. What is she saying? When I read her utterly insensitive comment about a tragedy that has shaken the brittle world of showbiz, I asked myself, "Is that a mother talking?" Hema has two young daughters. She is a grand-mother. Surely, she has gone through some serious problems when her girls were growing up, trying to make something of their lives, waiting for the big Bollywood breaks to come along?

Hema must have had her share of anxiety when the girls started dating, fell in love, dealt with disappointment and heartbreak? Perhaps, they were let down by people they trusted? Knowing what an involved and loving mother Hema has always been to her girls, she must have spent hours and days absorbing their stories, vicariously living their pain.

Every mother does it in today's emotionally demanding times. Every mother suffers when she knows her daughter is going through hard times. And which young person is spared the trauma of coming face to face with harsh realities? No, Hema. This young person was not a loser. It is cruel to call her that. She was just unable to cope with her overburdened life. Like many other persons - young and old. That doesn't make them "losers". Who knows what drove her to take such a drastic step? Do you? I don't. The police are still puzzled. They are busy collecting tiny pieces of Pratyusha's life to figure out what made her do it.

Perhaps even they won't ever get to the truth. Hema, you should have thought of Pratyusha's mother, who is grappling with the enormity of her loss. Imagine her plight when she received a call to say her beloved child was no more.

Imagine the rest of Shoma Banerjee's life, bereft of her daughter's vibrant presence - if you can muster up the courage to imagine it. It's a heart-breaking story, Hema. And Pratyusha died a fighter. She fought till she had the strength to keep fighting. And when she could fight no more, she picked up her dupatta and wrote her own exit. The world will not write her off. She was no loser. Do take your harsh words back, Hema. As a mother, I implore you.

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/352664/heres-what-shobhaa-de-said-about-hema-malinis-views-pratyushas-suicide

Edited by MiniRulz - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitarani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Agree with S. De here...utterly insensitive of Hema ..
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I agree with Shoba de.
This case is getting even more complicated. Heard that a fan too ended her life after hearing this news. 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
My take is this. Even if you DO think that suicide is a cowardly option. Even if you DO look down upon it. Even if you DO think it's wrong...how INSENSITIVE and OBNOXIOUS to actually publicly make a statement not even a month after the tragedy, knowing what her family is probably going through. Imagine losing your daughter to depression and suicide and having some namooni publicly calling her a loser.
This woman is nuts. And cold. Just plain and simple, cold.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

My take is this. Even if you DO think that suicide is a cowardly option. Even if you DO look down upon it. Even if you DO think it's wrong...how INSENSITIVE and OBNOXIOUS to actually publicly make a statement not even a month after the tragedy, knowing what her family is probably going through. Imagine losing your daughter to depression and suicide and having some namooni publicly calling her a loser.

This woman is nuts. And cold. Just plain and simple, cold.

Agree 100% with what you said. Especially the last part. She comes across as sanskari with her kanjeevarams and gajras, but one look at her choices and she is plain and simple cold.