Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Natasha* thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I think it depends what part of India you're visiting. My grandparents live in a very small town called Rampur in UP, my family is pretty open minded so I can wear anything while I'm at home. I can wear Jeans and half sleeve tops, but I cant get away with wearing sleeveless tops if I'm out and about there. Whereas when I stay with my mums family in Delhi, I can wear almost anything, I can wear almost all of the clothes I wear in London. I suppose it depends what part of Delhi you're in but while I'm there in South Delhi (which is a bit of an affluent and NRI'ish area) I can wear most of my clothes, summery short dresses, strappy or strapless tops, reasonable length shorts, mini skirts. I guess at the end of the day it depends what part of India you're going to and what kind of people live in the area. Edited by *Natasha* - 8 years ago
-Shanzy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In Pakistan, it depends on your families. Most of us belong to conservative families so wearing mini skirts is impossible :p But, we do wear jeans at times depending on where we're going. So its basically a personal choice. Tho, you are definitely considered to be vulgar if you do so.
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Aweeecute

i dont think people in delhi are as modern as canada.
i mean people in canada wear wear much more revealing outfits IMO[/QUOTE

Have you been to Delhi? I live in Delhi and I have seen plenty of revealing outfits that girls wear here. Just because its India and that is Canada, doesnt mean you can just presume things. Delhi's culture is totally different. Here the dressing style is much more chic and stylish. And oh ya, most fashion designers and models are based in Delhi. 
Besides, the definition of modern cannot be defined by the length of a woman's skirt. I have know women who are covered from head to toe and yet are much more modern in their thinking. Being modern also means respecting other peoples wishes if they don't wanna expose themselves. Most women who wear hijab or burkha do it out of their own choice. Thus you can't say that just because they are covered, they are not modern!

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Of course they wear jeans... Heck!  Even in my mum's village( naani's place) girls wear jeans...or basically whatever they want...
Get-Lost thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Is that even a question? And what exactly are you trying to prove by asking this question?
Check out the forum name again...😳
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
And how is this related to BW?
Please post such topics in fashion n tips section!
*Natasha* thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Ariana--

+1
That is quite true, at the end of the day how you dress up doesn't completely define whether you're "modern" or not, I know a lot of people in Delhi wouldnt mind showing skin but when you start talking to them, you realise how narrow minded and conservative they are. 

While I have been in Delhi, there have been times where my family has asked me to dress up conservatively to an event or if we go shopping in Delhi and when I look around, I'm practically the only one covered up. Delhi's culture is very different but it literally varies area to area how you can dress up. 
Edited by *Natasha* - 8 years ago

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aweeecute

i dont think its that common .
maybe true for rich class.

The people I am talking about are middle class. Family car, own house and everyone who works, man and woman have a vehicle of their own like a bike or a scooter. But all middle class people in India I know are like that and of course that does not mean the majority are like that. Most of them are picked up and dropped in either office buses or vans paid for by the company. The field of work is IT, Advertising and MNC so I IDK if that has anything to do with the way they dress. But their lives are very much similar to the US and in many cases better I would say because they get to go on trips abroad on the company's dime just as a thank you not to say for work and have perks like pick up, drop off to and from office and so on. 
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I cant believe this is still being discussed.

Its jeans not hot pants.

flipfl0p thumbnail
Men, women, kids, grandparents, everyone CAN wear. But some do and some won't. Does not depend on city or town. Even in metro cities, there are some conservative areas, where we don't see Jeans often. There are some posh towns, where we see. 
It's like raining in these cities. It depends, which streets you are talking about.