Kapoor and Sons since 1921: Reviews and BO Thread - Page 63

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
shreya and Rolling stones, both of your reviews make me feel that a Fawad fan is going to get a treat when she watches the film. I feel so excited now. I always knew that given a chance Ratna Shah and Fawad will steal the show since i watched Khoobsurat and had seen that these two definitely had a mother-son chemistry and such natural chemistry indeed.

Edited by SunHarsh4eva - 8 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Kapoor & Sons Is Below The Mark On Day One
Saturday 19 March 2016 12.30 IST
Box Office India Trade Network

Kapoor & Sons was below the mark as it grossed 6.50 crore nett on day one as collections picked up at the metros but the pick up was probably not strong enough to suggest a good run. The second day which is all important for the film will be hit by the cricket match which will mean it will not grow as it could have on a normal Saturday. It will be the Monday collections that will tell what is likely to happen with the film.

The film managed average business in Delhi NCR, Mumbai city and Bangalore and these are the places where the film will have to depend on over the next ten days or so. It seems another very urban film and their fate has not been good over the last 12-18 months.

Last year a Badlapur which had only a Varun Dhawan before ABCD 2 and was a dark theme with a lower cost got better opening day collections which puts the first day of Kapoor & Sons into perspective. The film could not open despite having a decent cast and successful music. If the film can do well oustside the metros on Sunday it may have a chance to do average business.

rohit jaiswal @rohitjswl01  

#KapoorAndSons holding Brilliantly today, Amazing

#KapoorAndSons holding brilliantly, till 5.30 pm show,koi nuksaan nahi hoga, occupncy today btr dan ystrday @aliaa08 @karanjohar @S1dharthM

rohit jaiswal Retweeted taran adarsh

As said ystrday, bwtn 6-7, very very good, today inspyt match it will do atleast 5, so decent @aliaa08 @S1dharthM

just watched it! BRILLIANT! EVERYONE ACTED SO AMAZINGLY WELL, EXCEPT FOR ONE AND THAT IS SID MALHOTRA, THE GUY IS WOODEN, AND DID NOT IMPRESS ME AT ALL, FOR ME THE BEST WAS UNDOUBTEDLY RISHI KAPOOR FOLLOWED BY FAWAD AND THEN THE REST, PERSONALLY ALIA MADE MUCH BIGGER IMPACT THAN SID IN SPITE OF LESS SCREEN SPACE, SID NEEDS TO IMPROVE BIG TIME!!! ANYWAY I CRIED SO MUCH DURING THE MOVIE! SO BLOODY GOOD! 4.5/5
i really liked the movie..but yes may be the unravelling should have come a bit earlier..iwasn't quite able to hear some dialogues..what did sid say to his publisher when he asked the reason behind the change in ending?
Fawad is the show stealer..and ratna pathak shah(i had tears in my eyes in the pillow scene)..but fawad slightly more..rishi kapoor is a natural..sid is the weak link so didn't feel much for his character and his issues, even in the confrontation scene with ratna pathak shah..even alia delivers in the birthday scene yaar but this guy doesn't.

Originally posted by: LOLitaPawar

i really liked the movie..but yes may be the unravelling should have come a bit earlier..iwasn't quite able to hear some dialogues..what did sid say to his publisher when he asked the reason behind the change in ending?
Fawad is the show stealer..and ratna pathak shah(i had tears in my eyes in the pillow scene)..but fawad slightly more..rishi kapoor is a natural..sid is the weak link so didn't feel much for his character and his issues, even in the confrontation scene with ratna pathak shah..even alia delivers in the birthday scene yaar but this guy doesn't.

EXACTLY! Could not have said it better myself! The guy is so wooden! His acting was worse than expected๐Ÿ˜•
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: divaz

Wow I thought it was only my theater. I had same issue. I couldn't hear the dialogues properly. The sound was not great. I thought the volume was too low and it was a theater issue. 

It could be the cinema sound system. Because I didnt see anyone else complaining.

@Sundas: Its definitely a treat for Fawad fans...he looks good and rocks his performance. He got scope in the film to perfom Ratna and Fawad's characters are kind of like the anchor of the family and they hold the family together. Now I want see a film which has only Fawad! Fawad! Fawad! in every single frame. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Also wild like to Mention , The love story between Sid and Alia just dit had any impact .
Also the KISS issue that Sid had , was just SO LAME  like LAAAMMEEE. ๐Ÿ˜† 
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

Also wild like to Mention , The love story between Sid and Alia just dit had any impact .

Also the KISS issue that Sid had , was just SO LAME  like LAAAMMEEE. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Thats true! The love story was useless. Alia only acted like Sid's sounding board which maybe his photographer friend could have done too. 
Btw in the trailer they showed Sid and Alia kiss in the rain. That scene wasnt in the film isnt it?
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikki1aaa

EXACTLY! Could not have said it better myself! The guy is so wooden! His acting was worse than expected๐Ÿ˜•

While Sid has improved a lot from his earlier films I do agree he comes across expressionless at times. His dialogue delivery is fine. I just feel that he has a blank expression on his face. I hope he improves.
@nikki1aaa - yes if this is indeed his best then i really wonder how he was in Brothers and EV.

ooh and i thought kishore was adorable ๐Ÿ˜†