Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
😆 indvspak the rain is not stopped yet.
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Go&Watch Kapoor&Sons @sheetalsbhardw1  

Seriously! couples r made in Heaven, Jst look at them, #Sadaf & #FawadKhan r prfct 2gether ! #KnsScreeningKarachi

Edited by Lighthearted - 8 years ago
Hifah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lighthearted

Go&Watch Kapoor&Sons@sheetalsbhardw1<small></small>

Seriously! couples r made in Heaven, Jst look at them, #Sadaf & #FawadKhan r prfct 2gether ! #KnsScreeningKarachi

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
My review:
Ok came back from watching it just now and it was slightly underwhelming for me. Not sure if anyone had this issue but there seemed to be an issue with the sound most of the movie especially during the dialouges. Did anyone feel so? The film had lots of dialouges and I could barely hear them or am I going deaf? 🤔Reminded me of DLKH where too I couldnt hear many dialouges. 
Anyway coming back it was nice film though I had to strain to hear the dialouges. The concept was good as I expected it to be. A refreshing take on issues modern day families face-financial trouble, extra marital affairs, sibling rivalry, career prospects and the likes. I dont think we really had family films recently apart from DDD which was ofcourse on a grander scale. But the issues are shown properly only in the second half where I feel the film picked up. Till the interval its like only fights happen but nothing much more. But in the second half things start unraveling and then interest perks up. But the resolution shown was also very simplistic or rather no resolution shown at all...more ok people forgive and move on if its family. But do people really do that in a few weeks or months? I wish issues were explored a bit more with things starting to unravel from the start. Also I wish there were more scenes of the brothers resolving their issues. 
The film is lifted by very good performances. Among the performances IMO Ratna Pathak Shah and Fawad own the film along with Rishi Kapoor. Ratna Pathak Shah is going to win lots of awards for this. She brought out the harried urban housewife very well. And Fawad is a rockstar. You have to keep looking at him as there are millions of expressions on his face at a time even when the camera is not focussed on him. Though he is great at scenes where he has to come all out. He is even better at scenes where he calm. And boy he looked so good..very much like his Zaroon days, Rishi Kapoor steals it with his naughty grandpa act which is the highlight of the film.
Rajat Kapoor was good as the hassled husband and father. But he had relatively less to do. Alia has good screen presence but then her character wasnt relevant to the plot and comes and goes. I felt they kept her as Shakun thought KJo wouldnt agree to produce the film unless they have a role for Alia. Sid was good in his role. His best performance till date though he was bad in the confrontation scene with Ratna Pathak Shah. Fawad nailed such scenes like a pro several times. That was the only disappointing bit.
Among the technical stuff...cinematography is good but the scenes which had several family members were confusing due the camera work. Like they said it was like Big Boss. The editing was spot on but sound was bad for me. 
I feel this film will do well in the awards season especially for the supporting cast. Its kind of in the mould of films like The LunchBox and will be Dharma's showcase film after films like Shandaar and Brothers. Also I dont think it will impact Fawad in a negative way in BW. During the revelation scenes there was pin drop silence in the cinema hall (though I was watching in a single screen and there were lots of you know single screen crowd) which meant people were paying attention. Neither was Fawad's character shown as anything caricaturish or funny. He is sexy man who is attractive to the opposite sex. Just that he prefers something else. I think the film was projected as a love triangle for the same reason to show that he is attractive to Tia though she meets someone good looking like Arjun first. There is no proper love track between Fawad and Alia. The homosexuality bit wasnt made a big issue either in the film for people to remember it for years. 
I give it 3/5. One point less for the sound and one less for the irrelevant Sid-Alia love track and Alia's character. Very good effort by Shakun...he and Fawad will live to tell the tale. 

Hifah thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

My review:
Ok came back from watching it just now and it was slightly underwhelming for me. Not sure if anyone had this issue but there seemed to be an issue with the sound most of the movie especially during the dialouges. Did anyone feel so? The film had lots of dialouges and I could barely hear them or am I going deaf?🤔Reminded me of DLKH where too I couldnt hear many dialouges.
Anyway coming back it was nice film though I had to strain to hear the dialouges. The concept was good as I expected it to be. A refreshing take on issues modern day families face-financial trouble, extra marital affairs, sibling rivalry, career prospects and the likes. I dont think we really had family films recently apart from DDD which was ofcourse on a grander scale. But the issues are shown properly only in the second half where I feel the film picked up. Till the interval its like only fights happen but nothing much more. But in the second half things start unraveling and then interest perks up. But the resolution shown was also very simplistic or rather no resolution shown at all...more ok people forgive and move on if its family. But do people really do that in a few weeks or months? I wish issues were explored a bit more with things starting to unravel from the start. Also I wish there were more scenes of the brothers resolving their issues.
The film is lifted by very good performances. Among the performances IMO Ratna Pathak Shah and Fawad own the film along with Rishi Kapoor. Ratna Pathak Shah is going to win lots of awards for this. She brought out the harried urban housewife very well. And Fawad is a rockstar. You have to keep looking at him as there are millions of expressions on his face at a time even when the camera is not focussed on him. Though he is great at scenes where he has to come all out. He is even better at scenes where he calm. And boy he looked so good..very much like his Zaroon days, Rishi Kapoor steals it with his naughty grandpa act which is the highlight of the film.
Rajat Kapoor was good as the hassled husband and father. But he had relatively less to do. Alia has good screen presence but then her character wasnt relevant to the plot and comes and goes. I felt they kept her as Shakun thought KJo wouldnt agree to produce the film unless they have a role for Alia. Sid was good in his role. His best performance till date though he was bad in the confrontation scene with Ratna Pathak Shah. Fawad nailed such scenes like a pro several times. That was the only disappointing bit.
Among the technical stuff...cinematography is good but the scenes which had several family members were confusing due the camera work. Like they said it was like Big Boss. The editing was spot on but sound was bad for me.
I feel this film will do well in the awards season especially for the supporting cast. Its kind of in the mould of films like The LunchBox and will be Dharma's showcase film after films like Shandaar and Brothers. Also I dont think it will impact Fawad in a negative way in BW. During the revelation scenes there was pin drop silence in the cinema hall (though I was watching in a single screen and there were lots of you know single screen crowd) which meant people were paying attention. Neither was Fawad's character shown as anything caricaturish or funny. He is sexy man who is attractive to the opposite sex. Just that he prefers something else. I think the film was projected as a love triangle for the same reason to show that he is attractive to Tia though she meets someone good looking like Arjun first. There is no proper love track between Fawad and Alia. The homosexuality bit wasnt made a big issue either in the film for people to remember it for years.
I give it 3/5. One point less for the sound and one less for the irrelevant Sid-Alia love track and Alia's character. Very good effort by Shakun...he and Fawad will live to tell the tale.

I felt they kept her as Shakun thought KJo wouldnt agree to produce the film unless they have a role for Alia. 🤣
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PanchaliKaArjun

I don't think anything was so bad about his role . First of all we don know that he is gay till more than half of the movie then he is never shown with his boyfriend so it doesn't actually matter cause we don't have to see any gayish scenes . I don't understand why people have such narrow views . And why is Fawad to be blamed to take this role . He rocked in it . I started liking him more after the movie and the gay thing . Why does it even matter ? The story is not based in it ! And there are no boys to boys scenes also instead there is Fawad and Alia kiss 😆 . Ps the actor has played a role . A movie , an imaginary character . :) so I hope everything will turn alright .

I never said I didn't like Fawad in the role. He has done a great job and it was a hard role to depict with subtlety. However, I was talking about the masses. Most people fail to understand that this is ACTING. It may be taken well in Indian metro cities but I am not sure about Pakistan. I am hoping for the best.
divaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: fawadbae

being a Pakistani I say that we are that backward that we don't accept the role played by fawad, the subject is not homosexuality. There are some ppl who didn't like Jpna/wrong number type movies here in Pak who were all about dirty filthy jokes, booze & item song and girls.Infact,fawad character is so layered and serious. those who like serious cinema will like it.

I hope you are right. Homosexuality is altogether a different concept than dirty jokes, booze, and item songs. I hope people see that this is a character played by Fawad and he portrayed it with dignity.  Anyway I will leave my worries to myself. 
divaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: JugniBolt

Watched the film and Loved it.
Everyone were good in their role. Rishi was cute and funny. Sid and Fawad were really really good and a treat to the eyes. Alia was the usual.

My favourite scenes *SPOILER ALERT*
I loved the scene when Fawad finds out about his dad. His expressions ❤️ and the scene where he speaks with his mom. Brilliant!

Sid & Rishi too had their moments. Overall it's a good feel good movie. Executed well.

One thing that enraged me was audiences reaction. Laughing at the wrong scenes that aren't even remotely funny. I hope that changes sooner and LGBT community are respected equally in our society.

This! Exactly this happened when I was watching the movie. I watched it in a theater in America, go figure. We are surrounded by homosexuals. They are our friends and coworkers. Yet people found it funny and started giggling at every single reference to fawad's character being gay. This made me mad and I got scared for Fawad's career. 
Review : 

A very well made Movie . Director owns major CRedit .
It more abt family relations how no communication , hiding secrets and affect Family .
A Refreshing Take on Family Relations . More then Its All abt Loving your Family , the movie was Its All about Understanding your Family .
A good Urban , modern take . Wished the sexual innuendos passed would have been Less.

The star undoubtedly is Ratna Pathak Shah . I saw my Mother in Sunita . Ratna was Just Perfect.
She had so much to her Character and she just Delivered.
Second comes Fawad . The guy just owned the screen. The aura that he helds while delivering the Dialogues , one can just feel it .
There is no uncomfort abt his Gay Character . LOL...first Kjo Movie where the Gay Angle handled with such Maturity.
Fawad and Ratna scenes wil just melt ur Heart . There is just so much Warmth in thier Hugs and Interaction .

Rishi was Suoerb was Daadu .Alia shown bit less bt whatever shown she was Good . Her one scene where she discuss abt her Family to sid , She is Superb there.
Coming to Sid , Honestly I found OK. Compared to others his Performance just Pales. Not like he is not  Good . He was bt in dint found any Best Moment of his .
Also considering his Character (Arjun) had lot Meat . Sadly he just comes around as 1 Dimensional. He had his big Moment in final Confrontation with Ratna .
Bt He came out screechy type there . His Scene with Fawad were Good .

There are loads of Moments in the Movie that will melt your Heart .

Good Movie . Finally Dharma delivered a Good Stuff after Wake Up Sid .

Good Watch.
divaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

My review:
Ok came back from watching it just now and it was slightly underwhelming for me. Not sure if anyone had this issue but there seemed to be an issue with the sound most of the movie especially during the dialouges. Did anyone feel so? The film had lots of dialouges and I could barely hear them or am I going deaf? 🤔Reminded me of DLKH where too I couldnt hear many dialouges. 

Wow I thought it was only my theater. I had same issue. I couldn't hear the dialogues properly. The sound was not great. I thought the volume was too low and it was a theater issue.