Lianaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 5
The way I do GIF's are always the same.

I upload the mp4 Video on Photoshop and
-if I want to select just few frames I DON'T delete ONLY the frames which I don't want.. I EVEN DELETE THE LAYERS... if I don't do it, it reduces the quality. I have checked it.

Before I do anything, I add all the layers to a Group and make the frames as timeline and then and convert the group for smart filter.

Because the Videos are too big for example 1920x1080 etc.. I reduce the size by ---> Image ---> Image Size. I make the Width 500 pixels mostly.

After that I mostly have same sizes of GIF's, so I do select the Selection tool and make it Fixed Size, then I add the size I want and click on the gif and the size pops up itself. So I crop it and place my gif however I want to.

After that I do my Sharpenin stuffs and then put up some colorings.. I try to use very less coloring to make the GIf look normal.

That's it actually.. then I save it..😛

-VPaintings- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I managed to find the "convert to timeline" in my cs6 finally😆
But smart sharpening is not helping reduce the grainy saving😡

*feels like banging head on wall*
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: -VPaintings-

I managed to find the "convert to timeline" in my cs6 finally😆

But smart sharpening is not helping reduce the grainy saving😡

*feels like banging head on wall*

WHERE?! Where did you find it in CS6? 
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhisheking

Preview the gif in optimized tab before saving. It shows what'll get saved. 😛

Wait. Why should preview the gif in optimized tab when I want save the preview shown in original tab? 🤔 Although, I have seen the difference between original and optimized and no matter which tab is chosen, the result is (optimized kind of reduced) grainy gif. 
annihilation thumbnail
Why is the world divided upon diffusion and pattern? ðŸ˜³

Koi bolta hai diffusion, koi bolta hai pattern, koi kahe with dither, koi kahe with no dither. Bhai, banda kare toh akhir kya kare? 

I should have believed the PS expert that photoshop's animation feature wasn't ever meant for picture animations. Those people who manage to make great gifs are a) incredibly talented b) lucky c) or both. 
-VPaintings- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: .annihilation.

WHERE?! Where did you find it in CS6? 

It's there in the bottom left corner of the timeline window. But it wasn't there in the cracked version that I had earlier. I got it now, though  it doesn't seem to help
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: -VPaintings-

It's there in the bottom left corner of the timeline window. But it wasn't there in the cracked version that I had earlier. I got it now, though  it doesn't seem to help

Oh, its not there for me. Not anywhere near the timeline and not anywhere else. 
Abhisheking thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Wait. Why should preview the gif in optimized tab when I want save the preview shown in original tab? 🤔 Although, I have seen the difference between original and optimized and no matter which tab is chosen, the result is (optimized kind of reduced) grainy gif. 

Because Original shows what you are making in PS only. But optimized shows how it will look after saving.
annihilation thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhisheking

Because Original shows what you are making in PS only. But optimized shows how it will look after saving.

This is so bad.  Is there anyway I could stop PS from optimizing my gifs? Or make it optimize to a better quality instead of it just reducing the quality? 
Abhisheking thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This is so bad.  Is there anyway I could stop PS from optimizing my gifs? Or make it optimize to a better quality instead of it just reducing the quality? 

A still or video has many colors but a gif allows only 256 colors. So, PS automatically optimizes any gif to 256 colors. So,use minimum colors.

Those who asked for my settings,here they are:
http://i.imgur.com/qU8DgzK.png

It is two up tab so you can see the difference.

Edited by Abhisheking - 7 years ago