Users

Frequent Posters

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Vani

There is no meaning to anything... really
I have a very close friend, her sister in Mumbai had this childhood friend (also KV incidentally) the friend's mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and died within a month, and a month later, then sister's best friend (the daughter!!!) was diagnosed  with the exact same thing and died within a month.

Mother in 60s and daughter in 40s both gone within three months

I am so sorry for your friend

I cant offer anything to anybody

Life is unbelievably cruel

I sound ridiculous, but only chocolates and babies make everything better...

You are doing your bit and keeping everyone's spirits up !
SOSY is a haven for all those who read it...silently and more vocally..

And life goes on...even the one who grieves the most asks for a cup of tea after a couple of hours as her head hurts from all the crying...

And my neighbour is somewhat a similar case like your friend's friend. Both mother and daughter diagnosed with breast cancer...daughter passed on and mother is on her last leg..

The reality of life is, nothing stops moving and happening !
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Marvelousss Nisha
It's like I can relate to how they all must be feeling
Yesterday night also my hubby broke down remembering my FIL
And I was feeling so helpless and broken seeing him like that
Life is so unpredictable

😭
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kala

It IS the truth... there is no "Indian culture" "American culture" any more

People dont care. Period
Even kids dont care

Just as much as I detest extreme religiosity, I also fear the erosion of family bonding. If u shun religion, u will lose something in the process...
almost as if if u dont gather for rituals any more then u lose out on family too

Vani: Yes... we really cant do a thing... we can just watch life slip away
Tuc_Mob thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Heart-touching update.
Nisha, your writing is so realistic that it connects to our mind.
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What can I say Nisha. Periappas loss feels so much like a personal loss. All of them leap out of the text to talk to me personally sharing their feelings. I felt myself being such a apart of this loss. You touch the very core with your writing and I can't thank you enough for it. Periappa who spoke nothing, did nothing in these 64 threads unwittingly became so close to our hearts. A truly genuine person if there was.
And gulzaar' poetry, ek ek  lavz itna wazandaar hai ki, Aisa lagta hai jaise DIL ki gehraiyon se Nikla hai. Super! 

Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Some don't want to live, some want to but cannot and some are forced by to live.

That man who was just a shell of a man was so loved by all these people, his family. At times we think we have to do a lot to be actually loved by someone but people like periappa do exist for real whose presence itself is a boon to us. To be loved you have to be just yourself and the ones who have to love you shall love with all your inabilities and shortcomings. And that is what the purest form of love is.

appa breaking down before rnb was the most touching part for me, that one moment has got me hooked. I can easily imagine when you are vulnerable you don't actually care for who the audience is all that matters is someone who can relate with and dude can definitely relate with it. 😭 😭

Nisha even with three dots(...) as the title you have written a masterpiece

❤️
Veena007 thumbnail
Life is very unpredictable.. How hard we may try but we cannot control certain things...
Nisha wat can i say now..

That poem was so apt.. 

I lost my cousin(my mom's elder brothers son) just a couple of months ago.. He was just 24 and one accident has messed our life...

That helplessness u feel when u see your loved one lifeless in front of u and you cant do anything other than cry over the loss is horrible..

Life is so cruel.. when ever i see my bro frame on d wall i  just think is that a age to go...😭😭 
Errantnomad thumbnail
The three dots and the horizontal line under it ... It's as if there's a symbolism to it... Don't know what it is though...

But thought about how Nisha has all along given depth to periappa's character. And it seems as if his life is a slap to the cynicism of the present times.

Every line poured grief . It made me think about Dignity to life. In our pursuit to what we can call as madness or urban blindness , we kind of let success, wealth, fame or survival devalue our dignity to live.

Mr.Iyer and Mrs.Iyer have given their daughters a life lesson worth it's weight in gold... A lesson in ' Moral choice ' that every life has it's own 'Intrinsic worth'. # RESPECT

Somehow took me so long to put my thoughts across for this one which is beyond an update
Errantnomad thumbnail
To mates here, who have lost someone who mattered to them, my commiserations ... it's never simple
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Mounathil vazhandhu veezhndhu indru motru puli

Periyappa vuyir pirindhu sella piriya,  vidai thara marukkum Aval

Avaridam manam kumuri...avaridam ragasiyam samarpithu

Avaraiye uttra thozhanaai potri vazhum aval vazhu nigazhvugalum

Avar nilai pinaiadaivugalum pinayapattuladho?

Valarndha kuzhandaiyaga aval mara

Palarayum avar maraivu thaaki , varutha

Thetra , aval ennathai disai thiruppa vazhi ariya kootam

Avan vandhu avalai porupetru thetruvaan endra nimadhiyil

Avarai marandhu pasi ara anaivarum munaya ...

avar patrimattume sindithu thalladum aval

Enna therudhalum aatra oru perizhappu