GlitterPixie thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Omg! Just wow, you go girl!! πŸ‘
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thats great for her to be on the spotlight

the funny thing the tv show her is asuccess but not that big hit so its not just about acting but her team is doing great promotion
KudiAnjani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why people are curious for her? She is not from mars!
Anyways happy for her and missing her in indian romantic movies.
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KudiAnjani

Why people are curious for her? She is not from mars!
Anyways happy for her and missing her in indian romantic movies.

Oh yeah? I thought she was. πŸ˜†

BW viewers are arrogant ... but any sensible person would be curious about a new artist in their la la land, aye? 
The ex-Miss World thing doesn't mean anything. Never did.
Neither does the BW thing.

It's because she's a breakout star in HW right now. She's leading a network TV show and is expected to break into films sometime soon. 

Also, I think the Oscars are being shown on ABC, which is the network her show is on, so they will promote her with this.  That's why they got Kerry Washington on too.  During the commercial breaks, they will air ads for Quantico and Scandal.
KudiAnjani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheJake

Oh yeah? I thought she was.πŸ˜†

BW viewers are arrogant ... but any sensible person would be curious about a new artist in their la la land, aye?

naah its not about arrogance. Remember katrina phase in bw.oh gosh πŸ˜†
TheJake thumbnail

Originally posted by: KudiAnjani

naah its not about arrogance. Remember katrina phase in bw.oh gosh πŸ˜†

I don't. I was a kid when she debuted. πŸ˜†
TheJake thumbnail
The thing I'm most happy about ... Thank God, Anil got a better competition. Now don't have to hear about his Oscars appearance. I hope it's in the passe after PC's debut. πŸ˜†
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Congrats ! WTG.
I think the whole diversity controversy is playing a part here. After the SAG awards  where a lot of actors of color won and lots of references to diversity, safe to say they want actors of different ethnicity presenting since nominations have no color. PC is not an unknown in the USA, she is one of the big actresses in BW which is as big or bigger as HW. In her they get diversity, a nod to another huge film culture, people may tune in to see her which means ratings, multiple birds with one stone.

Plus I think if any Indian can win an Oscar or be nominated and for a mainstream Oscar and not an Indian entry for a foreign film, it could be PC because she has the talent and name recognition which plays a huge part in getting those votes. 
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Pardon my cynicism but I think this is Oscar's way of making up for the all white nominees backlash. Too late to do anything about the nominees, but they can certainly show diversity with their presenters now.  

Quantico is a hit but not a huge hit.  There really isn't any extraordinary hype about her or the show here in the states.  Still, she's ceasing the opportunities and getting her face and name even more out there.  Good for her!  I just hope she doesn't do any facial acting like she did at SAG πŸ˜•