Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 months ago

There may be still awards worth to get taken serious but I think, the Oscars aren't better then any other awards where lobbying, sponsors and money play the main role in getting an award (although, sometimes there are nice surprises).

Since really very long I've stopped to care for these kind of awards...without this forum, I wouldn't even read about them smiley16

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Anuradha Sengupta said the world notices when Hollywood notices. 

Clochette thumbnail

Yeah, and this prejudice won't die as the first studios in this part of Los Angeles made the commercial movie popular and Hollywood will do everything to keep the supremacy smiley2.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Still better than filmfare awards. Even if it is going as foreign movie, it helps the movie in PR and more people will watch your work and will talk about your movie. Yes aamir did attended oscars and ditched filmfare because filmfare always made fun of Aamir and Oscars respected him. 

I am disappointed with filmfare overall. It is not same how it use to be.

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

Still better than filmfare awards. Even if it is going as foreign movie, it helps the movie in PR and more people will watch your work and will talk about your movie. Yes aamir did attended oscars and ditched filmfare because filmfare always made fun of Aamir and Oscars respected him. 

The moment awards become a matter of money, the worth is bound to get diluted, I think.

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Well said it’s their award and Bollywood is going there just as an international movie. The only thing one gets outta it is the right to brag thst wow we went to the Oscar’s n in case it wins then ye it gets noticed some months by Hollywood that’s it. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

How did is use to be ?