Model allegedly claims Bigg Boss 9 casting head demanded Rs 20 lakh

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
A Mumbai-based model and actress Arshi Khan has allegedly claimed that a senior official associated with the casting and selection of participants or contestants for Bigg Boss 9, had demanded Rs 20 lakh in order to make it to the controversial reality show. According to sources, the casting director was in touch with an event organizer based in Indore and Mumbai and was even offering official contracts to prospective participants who were ready to pay Rs 15 to 20 lakh to participate in the show. The popular reality show on Colors - Bigg Boss has been mired in some controversy or the other each year. This year, Arshi Khan's allegations are not surprising and the same allegations were raised in the past as well by others.According to a spokesperson for Arshi Khan, who has sent a legal notice to the channel Colors, as she had canceled several assignments and other events as an individual from the Casting and Programming department had assured her that she was selected for the show and would be taken in as a wild card entry. "He first demanded Rs 20 lakh. I was not willing to pay such an amount. Why should I pay? Bigg Boss on Colors is a popular show with a good viewer ship and TRP, but it does not mean that one must pay to get into such shows. Later on the same person contacted my manager and demanded personal favors and said if I was not able or willing to pay the"entry fee", it could be waived off, if I agreed to his terms and conditions," Arshi Khan said in Mumbai on Monday, adding that she had canceled several other appointments, assignments and events to be able to be partof the show.We tried to contact Colors for their statement, but no official spokesperson was available for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Really? They pay you for going in Bigg Boss, not take money from you. Sounds an unbelievable story, unless she names the Casting person who demanded the money.
tanvismile thumbnail

Originally posted by: VikasCool

<font color="#6600CC">Really? They pay you for going in Bigg Boss, not take money from you. Sounds an unbelievable story, unless she names the Casting person who demanded the money.</font>

Even I m shocked !
asha222 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I wouldn't be surprised. So many unknown faces want to be a part of such a show for exposure.
tanvismile thumbnail

Originally posted by: asha222

I wouldn't be surprised. So many unknown faces want to be a part of such a show for exposure.

So if they launch unknown faces ,the participants have to pay money and if you are known face they pay you money ... So this year they spent a lot of money on constentants and no trp so now therefore BB 10 contenstants will pay them money for launching them.
usmanm4u thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The Model Arshi Khan is third class. she wants publicity that why giver such stupid allegations. about year ago she claim that she is Shahid Khan Afridi (Pakistani Cricketer)'s girlfriend and spend nights with him.

asha222 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanvismile

So if they launch unknown faces ,the participants have to pay money and if you are known face they pay you money ... So this year they spent a lot of money on constentants and no trp so now therefore BB 10 contenstants will pay them money for launching them.

Isn't that what's happening with bollywood. For a new face to make it into the industry they either need to have contacts, relatives or sleep with someone important.

I don't think anyone with sleep with someone who works at BB. But I wouldn't be surprised if some people were willing to pay just to be in the spotlight. There are desperate people all over.