Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Amazing shruti that you could find a line everyday and eloborate on it 👏..Love to read your posts..
Surely Janak's rebuttal was yesterday's highlight .. That it came from janak and the way he did it was admirable...For  parents their children are a divine blessing ,their joy and pride ... Janak has been tolerating many insults made on him ,his land ,his values and ravaan yesterday even went  further and made a mockery of his pride ,sita itself,,,,It was  fitting that janak asking raavan to prove his bakth the source of his  Pride ...

In this context, i would like to share a few thoughts i ahd while listening to  devdutt's speech on "My Gita" 

i liked his view that people get deeply offended when their core identity or their deepest sentiments is questioned and that in many times the reason for the tug of war that happens as people more and more hold on to it and questions others which results in  destruction ...
Upliment and evolution can happen only when there is a churning where people have to let go something inorder to gain something ...poison may comeout ,but thats the way we could gain the nectar or wisdom too..

and the first step would be if not accept but respect others sentiments  too which ravaan sorely lacked and ironically he who tried to mock become an object of mockery...

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
So Ramya who should be tamed. Whose actions has to be controlled. Men's right. If the society doesn't stand up to tame the unruly men and instead put the blame on women for their unruly behavior where will we reach. Accountability is something both woman and man should have. Today's society doesn't put accountability on a man, but shackles a woman.
When we start fixing accountability slowly, shackles will also go. A woman with wisdom has to learn to fix accountability for a society with gender parity. And men need to isolate men who doesn't take accountability for their actions.

@prav if we face problems first we have to look inward. Problems in our attitude, in our thoughts. And believe me the first thing you will get is the poison in the form of negative thoughts, anger, ego etc etc.First point is understanding these thoughts. Segregating them. Then slowly we can control them. And yes over a period of time having good positive thoughts will come naturally to you in every given situation. Many times people going for positive thinking class try to suppress the negative thoughts and bring positive thoughts. It doesn't help. It is like going for PHD without clearing 10th. I will always say for anyone to start the spiritual journey place themselves as Arjuna seeking direction from Krishna considering him as your best friend, same way Arjuna did. Because when you are Arjuna action is in your control, only you need to understand Krishna's direction. As a human your ego need complete control on something to begin with. People trying to be Bhakts, putting everything on destiny don't even understand that they are not helping niyati or nature as their ego when not seeing the results immediately starts doing actions which might be actually against nature. So it is better to start off appeasing your ego. Knowledge that comes will humble you and your ego will slowly go down as you progress.

Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
double post deleted...

Edited by prav2 - 8 years ago
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great post Shruthi. Whatever Janak did to Ravan (by asking him to prove his Bhakti) to make him falter was the same psych malyavan did on other kings by boosting his masters highness and strength there by inducing complex in other kings mind.

Rishi Shatanand was literally cursing himself for initiating the invite to Ravan for the swayamvar thinking he was a better person as he was known for his Shiv Bhakti. I could see even Sita's aunt was shocked and repulsive to see Ravan and she could not imagine her daughter Sita with him. If given a chance, she would have nullified the swayamvar and sent all those kings from the venue and consoled her daughter.

I literally laughed when Shiv ji told Parvathi to watch how his Bhakth's bhakti will be revealed sooner. Even Shivji was fed up with his Bhakth's self appraisal.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

So Ramya who should be tamed. Whose actions has to be controlled. Men's right. If the society doesn't stand up to tame the unruly men and instead put the blame on women for their unruly behavior where will we reach. Accountability is something both woman and man should have. Today's society doesn't put accountability on a man, but shackles a woman.

When we start fixing accountability slowly, shackles will also go. A woman with wisdom has to learn to fix accountability for a society with gender parity. And men need to isolate men who doesn't take accountability for their actions.

Certainly Men. As u said, both men and women have the equal responsibility to make the required changes. Till then, lets protect us first and then teach them.
Suganya.S thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's always a great pleasure to read ur posts and again u hav discussed about great topic which in even in current society happens 👏 
True that Every father cannot be janak , who not only stood against the social norms of that yuga where the daughters were not allowed to learn from gurukul when his wife argued the norm of that era , but also made it a point that his praja follow the same and educate their daughters following his way as explained beautifully by Lady Gargi 👍🏼 

And now , He is again setting an example of both perfect host and a doting father who not only retorted for Raavan's ranting about his daughter in a calm&composed manner but also challenged to prove the bhakti Raavan was proud to boast about 👏 I m loving this current episodes , where they provide so much to think about and even change some of our perspectives on wider range of things 😳
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice posts and comments, shruthi, even today, people with the mentality of raavan and duryodhan roam this earth. they disrespect women and the socity let's them, because the socity forgot the lessons of rama and krishna.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Arjith don't tell that. Society remembers Rama. Like Ram asked Sita to do Agnipareeksha you need to do it. Like Ram abandoned Sita carried away by Ravan, I can abandon you. Ram did what his father asked him to do.So right or wrong I will listen to my father. All these instances Ram is remembered.
And Krishna he is the excuse given for practicing polygamy. Anything else they taught that doesn't suit patriarchy well discarded
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Arjith don't tell that. Society remembers Rama. Like Ram asked Sita to do Agnipareeksha you need to do it. Like Ram abandoned Sita carried away by Ravan, I can abandon you. Ram did what his father asked him to do.So right or wrong I will listen to my father. All these instances Ram is remembered.

And Krishna he is the excuse given for practicing polygamy. Anything else they taught that doesn't suit patriarchy well discarded

🤣
I didn't expect u to be sarcastic.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
ab in gadho ko kaun samjhaayen?