Lift the dhanush and prove your bhakti- Janak

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I would say this was the most powerful statement today. Said by a father who had enough listening to the insult that an egoistic man was making on his daughter. I really felt for Raja Janak today. He had lovingly nurtured his daughter. He had given her sanskaar, wisdom and direction in life. She is the light of his palace and Mithila. 
And today a man claiming himself to be Shiv Bhakt was berating her. Openly proclaiming he had no interest in marrying her. He came because if he didnt come his poor daughter will be unwed. He proclaims out right she will be one among the women in his palace and his queen will always be Mandodari. Because noone else can be chaste like her. How many times he marries, still she is same to him. 
Mandodari's loyalty is treated as subserviance by this man. And it is time for women to think is it worth fasting for a man like Ravan. Is it worth praying for his long life. Is it worth to protect his life by your loyalty and chastity. Arent you indirectly responsible for spreading terror in the world by tolerating such a man who doesnt respect you at all. Arent you also indirectly responsible for the suffering of so many women. Time to ponder for good natured women like Mandodari who only know their dharma is to love and protect their husband and tolerate any rubbish he throws at them. 

Now coming back to the point. I was very happy Janak told what he said. Enough of drama, let us see some action. And that statement did startle Ravan because he didnt expect Janak to ask the proof of his Bhakti. 

Janak's one line made Ravan approach that Dhanush with a need to prove. Prove himself as the greatest Shiv Bhakt. It was no longer about Sita or Swayamvar. It was about proving his status as the Bhakt. Failure to lift the Dhanush will be taken as he is not the greatest bhakt of Shiva.  With that line Raja Janak accomplished what learnt men and greatest strategists always do. Press on the Achilles heel of the person you detest and make them emotionally weak. Bring fear of failure in them. Inadvertently they will concentrate on result than action. They will try to give proof and small failure will add more to the fear and they will come towards their target with more vehemance. Just like Ravan was doing. Showing his physical strength. Men like Ravan dont understand the attack the make on another's psyche with their physical power, sharp words can do the same to their psyche by a learnt man. 

Yes it was a father sitting there today on the throne, who would rather prefer his daughter unmarried, than send her along with this egoistic, self proclaiming man who would never treat the girl he had loved and respected properly. Instead she will be just another decorative piece in his lanka. No Janak didnt wanted that. He knew if Ravan couldnt lift the dhanush the chances of Sita's marriage are less. Still he made the attack on Ravan's psyche. 

I would say father's have to learn from Janak. There are many parents who think their daughters have to somehow married. if they remain unmarried some curse will come to them or they will have burden. And they give hefty dowry, suffer insults and still send the daughter to that house. Her life becomes hell, she might be burned. But still the parents believe once married their burden is over. Doesnt matter how she lives in the in laws house. 

Today's message. Stand up for your daughter. Dont send her to a home that doesnt respect her. It is fine even if she doesnt get married. Give her education and financial independance. She will take care of herself. As a parent you are your child's first protector. You are the one the child trusts. Dont betray her trust. Do her Kanyadan only to the right man. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
beautiful post n well said
I also felt same Raja Janak as father Janak give Ravan back ...
hit him on his EGO...
y to pray for husband like Ravan who r curse for this whole world who only terrorize the world humiliate insult women n others...
our woman think husband do whatever they have to support  are if husband do wrong then rectify it if husband do or commit sin then after some point stop supporting n if possible punish but punish is far thing...they r supporting this type of husband...
n Janak as father I will say ideal father ...he did whatever right n best for his daughter..
He is proud to have daughter he never differentiate between son girl he gave enough freedom he gave education wisdom his parvarish he is proud of his daughter n want only best but...he also want  a groom who will care respect love his daughter not think her as a commodity which ravan did n Janak did right..
wish all fathers will think like him not to give marry their daughter in haste...
Daughters r not burden they r Lakshmi they r Saraswati they r Durga give them education make them independent so they can stand on their feet...

fatssrilanka thumbnail
Your post is awesome. Loved Raja Janak in today's episode. He used to support his daughters before too. He educated them them and gave them the wisdom of differentiating between good and bad and right and wrong. He never thought his daughters to be a burden.  But, today the scenario was quite different. It was Sita's swayamvar and he was aware that if no one would lift the shivdhanush she wouldn't get married. But, still he stood up for Sita and caught Ravan unaware by asking him to lift the shivdhanush and prove his bhakti. 
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
๐Ÿ‘Shruti please forgive me because i am literally bored and tired of thought what to write about ur post...and thats why i am asking frogiveness because i can find enough words to describe ur posr so i directly put on my pov...please forgive me dear.
yup today show belonging to Raja janak rather a father...๐Ÿ‘

Janak hit at right chord of Ravvan and one statement and the game is all done...๐Ÿ‘

Kudos to the team..

i told u na this raavan and his drama co even mahadev too was laighing har and they shoen ma parvati asking shiva see ur biggest bhakt is here and mahadev how scarastically said...wait for some time dear u will get know the real bhakti..๐Ÿ‘

Bang on episodeee just loving it all...๐Ÿ‘
avalonhigh1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well said Shruti.
Even today  ,admist the exaggerated  self worth of not only the groom ,but also his relatives ,a girl's self respect takes a back seat during  the ceremonies. Definitely the stand Janak took today was impressive and I hope that it is echoed by a lot of a girl's parents when faced with this kind of situation in this modern society! But then Janak has been a great father from the beginning .Waiting for  tomorrow when a woman's choice  and her trust in it wins !

Savita
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Fatema when does someone becomes a protector. Manusmriti says that Pitro Rakshati Kaumare, Bharthyo Rakshati Yuvane, Putro Rakshati Vardhakaye, Naa Sthree Swantharam Arhati ( Transalation: A woman has to be protected by her father in childhood, by her husband in youth, by her son in old age. A woman doesn't deserve freedom. The last line is debated at multiple levels. Patriarachy as usual using that line to shackle women. Many knowledgeable say a learnt man like Manu would have never said like that, last line is later addition, or it is misinterpreted. But my POV on the last line is that let the woman feel secure under her father in childhood, her husband in youth and her son in old age so that she never feels the need to be independent, she is happy to be in the bandhan of relations. Let love and respect be showered on her for her contribution to the relation and let her remain truthful to the relation) . A protector is someone who stands up for the person he or she is supposed to protect at the most adverse of circumstances, willing to take blame on oneself than put whatever happened on destiny or fate. Raja Janak behaved like the true protector of his daughter. No he doesn't want this man to marry his daughter. Never. Let the world blame him for not able to marry of his daughter. But his child is not going into the hands of this self proclaimed, egoistic man who will treat her like carpet. That is what a man has to do. Sita need not have to speak, because Janak spoke for her. Panchali had to speak because Drupad didn't stop Karna though he didn't want Draupadi to marry him, Pandavas didn't speak up when she was getting disrobed, so she had to take stand. Same is the condition with modern day woman. Man doesn't play the protector role properly, so she has to take charge, hence she is getting blame.

@Savita even today a groom's educational qualification is flaunted. Money spend on his education is flaunted. But wisdom in a woman is devalued. Her color, wealth all take precedence. Today I hear people in my community murmuring today's girls have become daring. They are asking what is the groom's salary, they are telling they don't take care of his parents, they are telling they don't want any baggage for him. I refute back asking what is the issue. 10-15 years back our community was happily rejecting women because she is dark, she is over 25, too thin, too fat. No one had any complaints. So why the complaint when role is reversed. If a man had the right to reject the woman on her looks, understand she too has the right to reject him on the parameters which she wants in him.

@antika Ravan was mast. Completey entertaining. Each of his dialogue was the show of his ego.

@Krishna one thing we need to know that people of those days knew dharma. if you see Janak did a below the belt attack on Ravan. But Janak had the right to do below the belt because he was defending the rights of his daughter, who was getting attacked below the belt by Ravan. Today's society lack this wisdom. Below the belt can be used if you are defending the below the belt attack.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
@Shruthi yes n Janak did with dignity ..Problem is there n then Ppl know how to use this belt n when n now maximum fathers keep mum cause daughters r burden ...
there for Janak's Sita Honor mean more than anything n her happiness n wise man Janak know Ravan is not match any how ...
if u remember couple of epi ago when Ravan came Lanka co destroyed the bhoomi of Mithila ...
I don't remember but  Satanand kushadhabj or Janak said to himself or something that this ppl don't respect Bhoomi of Mithila 
that time I had a question when someone can't respect Bhoomi of Mithila then what respect they will give to Bhoomija 
fatssrilanka thumbnail

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Fatema when does someone becomes a protector. Manusmriti says that Pitro Rakshati Kaumare, Bharthyo Rakshati Yuvane, Putro Rakshati Vardhakaye, Naa Sthree Swantharam Arhati ( Transalation: A woman has to be protected by her father in childhood, by her husband in youth, by her son in old age. A woman doesn't deserve freedom. The last line is debated at multiple levels. Patriarachy as usual using that line to shackle women. Many knowledgeable say a learnt man like Manu would have never said like that, last line is later addition, or it is misinterpreted. But my POV on the last line is that let the woman feel secure under her father in childhood, her husband in youth and her son in old age so that she never feels the need to be independent, she is happy to be in the bandhan of relations. Let love and respect be showered on her for her contribution to the relation and let her remain truthful to the relation) . A protector is someone who stands up for the person he or she is supposed to protect at the most adverse of circumstances, willing to take blame on oneself than put whatever happened on destiny or fate. Raja Janak behaved like the true protector of his daughter. No he doesn't want this man to marry his daughter. Never. Let the world blame him for not able to marry of his daughter. But his child is not going into the hands of this self proclaimed, egoistic man who will treat her like carpet. That is what a man has to do. Sita need not have to speak, because Janak spoke for her. Panchali had to speak because Drupad didn't stop Karna though he didn't want Draupadi to marry him, Pandavas didn't speak up when she was getting disrobed, so she had to take stand. Same is the condition with modern day woman. Man doesn't play the protector role properly, so she has to take charge, hence she is getting blame.

@Savita even today a groom's educational qualification is flaunted. Money spend on his education is flaunted. But wisdom in a woman is devalued. Her color, wealth all take precedence. Today I hear people in my community murmuring today's girls have become daring. They are asking what is the groom's salary, they are telling they don't take care of his parents, they are telling they don't want any baggage for him. I refute back asking what is the issue. 10-15 years back our community was happily rejecting women because she is dark, she is over 25, too thin, too fat. No one had any complaints. So why the complaint when role is reversed. If a man had the right to reject the woman on her looks, understand she too has the right to reject him on the parameters which she wants in him.

@antika Ravan was mast. Completey entertaining. Each of his dialogue was the show of his ego.

@Krishna one thing we need to know that people of those days knew dharma. if you see Janak did a below the belt attack on Ravan. But Janak had the right to do below the belt because he was defending the rights of his daughter, who was getting attacked below the belt by Ravan. Today's society lack this wisdom. Below the belt can be used if you are defending the below the belt attack.

Shruti, you're right. Today's woman has to stand up because today's man doesn't value her and thinks as trash. And, if she stays mute these men will never let them live in peace. And, about a woman's demand, yes when the men were rejecting them in terms of colour, creed etc etc then too the society was standing mute and now when the women are demanding certain things then the so called society ready to blame them. Women were blamed before and they are getting blamed even now. The only difference is yesterday's women were standing mute for everything that was hurled at them and today's women are not ready to take any trash. They are ready to fight back. 
fanofdrashti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very nicely said and enjoyed the post.. Both Lankesh and his Nanaji were disgusting showing off their power and wealth.. 
And in the end it is beautifully proved - Devil Proposes, God Disposes..
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Amazing dear. I just liked it totally. So it is not only me who eagerly waits for the failure of egoistic person๐Ÿ˜‰

Coming to manusmriti part, for me the last line is true as long as the world gets free of evils. To be clear, women really cant be given the freedom till the time men get freedom from evil thoughts.

Gandhi told "True Indian independence can be achieved only when  women with full jewels can walk w/o fear at 12 in night"