Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Sonal i am not a therapist or profess to be one but i find that i end up listening to a lot of painful stories. From Children, from colleagues and parents, neighbors and relatives. The author of the story i have shared shows tremendous resilience. I found it worth the read and to ponder over.We find that society dins it into us that women have to adjust till one fine day it turns some into a state of numbness. Especially among the educated where folks endure a whole deal of physical trauma as well. I guess we need a total rethink on how we school our young people into a bunch of beliefs . We need to expose these as case studies for them to read and analyse.
tiachh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nisha one request can we have nivi's namkaran in punjabi style
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
I m from same society Sri.. Where ur one motive is to get ur daughters marry although I m the fortunate one coz my mom was not that stereotypes. I was allowed to do wht I wanted but at the back of my mind was always there that one day I have to marry and then live accordingly...

U know one of my cousins was very good in studies she took got 94 percent marks in her -0th standard. She so wanted to take science stream and all were very happy including her family but she did not took it
I was very curious as why she did not then she said.. I asked my parents will I allow me to take is seriously as I want to back me a doctor I don't want any Shadi business for me I want to study and as u know it will take years for me to become a doctor and they said no we will get u marry whenever someone suitable comes to our mind..
So she dropped the idea
She was like why to study science stream when I cannot take it further!!
🀒
moonwearer thumbnail
Sonal if such things need to change it can happen only if we take stances like the one your mother took or what committed individuals like Gandhigram, or Pardada Pardadhi are doing to change the mindset of people. We can so the seeds wait and watch for it to take root and flourish with time. I can understand what you feel for your cousin many such tales i have seen enacted before my eyes...young girls losing their spirit.
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonalgupta2004

I had discovered that unless I stopped pitying myself, the society would not. Once I started accepting and respecting me and my choices, the universe accepted and cooperated as well. I don't encourage divorce. I just feel that if you have found your reason to opt out of matrimony, don't be afraid.

This sums it all Sri..
Very encouraging thoughts,
Well we have a society full of unmatched and unhealthy marriages where the main reason to continue is... How society will treat u after..or how will u face ur relatives..coz in our society everyone hav there own view based on a single line that in a marriage it's a girl who has to adjust and transform herself completely to match the surroundings...
Nonetheless we all r humans and should not be taken for granted!!

πŸ‘πŸΌ

munira053 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I LOVED this update
Just like our R&B-II   πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Dude & NIVI are gonna be so adorable 😳
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: tiachh

Nisha one request can we have nivi's namkaran in punjabi style

Tia how about both.
Tam bram style as well as panju style.
tiachh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

Tia how about both.
Tam bram style as well as panju style.

Yup that would be awesome
Hsp.canada thumbnail

Hola people! Hope all are doing well and many congrats on the arrival of Nivi.⭐️😳😊

She sounds adorable and so does II & of course R&B navigating parenthood.πŸ˜‰

I am going off topic I was watching a K-drama (Thanks to Dr.Noufi for introducing me to the dramas, I am totally addicted to them) Anyway I was watching this show and it had a beautiful song and the music just stuck with me that I made a request  if someone could get me the lyrics for the song in English and sure enough there were more 60K people like me looking for that songπŸ˜ƒ. It just flows and is beautiful.

It reminded me of II when she had just seen R&B, Here the lyrics goes.

I still haven't told you
When I looked at you
I pretended nothing is wrong
As if I didn't care

Actually, I'm someone
Who spent so much time wanting you
Your passing look, your smile
Sometimes, they make me run out of breath

We keep missing each other
You and I, our time
You're like the sun inside of me
That I hope will rise in the night sky

Actually, I'm someone
who spent so much time wanting you
your passing look, your smile
sometimes, they make me run out of breath

These small trembling, this heart fluttering
they are like gifts to me, they make me see you again
It's just feelings that I can't throw away
But my whole world is filled with you

Actually, I'm someone
who spent so much time wanting you
your passing look, your smile
they stop me from going to you

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
ok guys as we all know Sahana is her cute, Chubb and faattt...
So I think I have found her replica