SW Symphony 63 - Page 61

Posted: 8 years ago
We forge bonds with those around us in a million imperceptible ways. We care for them and express it in words, actions and silences. The Dude is one who commenced the talk of babies at the time of proposal. He never said anything romantic but stated he wanted three girls like her which spoke volumes of what he thought or felt for her. She wanted a boy like him, now a daughter thats a replica of her Dad she frets over. 
The dude is so so loving in all that he does...so what if he doesn't wax eloquent in words.? His actions and the thoughts behind them speak volumes of the love and care . 
The way he coos to his angel the mention how she recognises his voice and touch. The possessive streak that prompts him to playfully say she can date at 50...are such a cute expression of the Dad. No wonder he becomes the favourite person of his Angel by being there for them doing all that he does with such grace.

Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago
Two sets of parents and the circumstances unfolding in their homes. One forced by circumstances to work and another insistent she will don a multi tasker hat. One with very few options to manage, missing deeply the person who had in fact all these years stood by them cared for them and all the baggage that came with it. II maynot have as many folks around as her Akka, something people try to rub in but the folks she has are enough to give them all the love care understanding and support. The difference is primarily in the fact that they want to engaging in acts of kindness not because they have to. Akka senses it as basically she is of the same mettle. Bala is a different kettle of fish though which at times spills over and rubs off on Akka too.
Life is about choices. The ones we make, the ones we consider, the ones we avoid.
This was shared by our lovely friend thought it sums up my thoughts as well.
Good morning/evening...
Not letting her date till she turns 50...😆...kya double standards...waah bhai waah. What will he say to his twin terrors when they come of age...😉

And the last lines ...finally she went...getting rid of mommeee and spending time with angel👏
Superb update Nisha...but feeling bad for Vandu...running ragged daily with so many chores and responsiblities😭...But the silver lining is II and Sam and Amma ...just let her find the strength to carry out her duries and responsibilities.

Hellooo. Looks like I'm going to have a predictable week. Any recommendations for a drama series on Netflix to spend time? I have watched and loved house of cards.

Anything else guys?
Over protective inform dad
Can't wait to read more on how he got there 😃 lovely update Nisha!Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
Originally posted by moonwearer

<font size="3">This was shared by our lovely friend thought it sums up my thoughts as well.</font>
<font size="3"></font>

So true Sri!

Was listening to a podcast featuring Mitch Albom. The guy talks of how writing takes a lot of discipline and contrary to romantic visions that one tends to have about sipping wine or tea and letting words slip it actually takes hours of thinking and wordsmithing on a keyboard or whatever mode of writing one prefers.
I'm not sure how it works for Nisha
But the one singular trait that I so admire about Nisha -The regularity the speed and the of course the quality. I honestly wish she reaps rewards for all this wherever she needs them!

And for the crowd that breathes life in here sharing their lives and likes

This had me thinking of the women in real life and in So Sy the adjustments we make and how things are taken for granted.

"It takes a lot to leave your house where you were raised and go to a new house with new faces everywhere. 23 years of my life I lived in my terms and conditions were loved by everybody. I was my Mom's doll, my Dad's princess and my brother's best friend.

Until One fine day, I packed my bags with my favorite clothes, footwear, earnings and with a heavy heart, I told myself I am going from one home to another. But then, my life took a U-turn. From those sath pheras, the new lifestyle of a new family.

I tried accepting and adjusting to everything. I was married to their son but nobody took pains to make me feel comfortable to adjust to new environment and surroundings. From getting up early, wearing the suit to bindi, helping in kitchen, nothing pleased to the family.

"Rules were different for a daughter and a daughter-in-law in the same family. "

For the world, I was happily married. The truth was different.

Everybody thought I have an amazing and understanding husband. He always expects from you to ADJUST, Adjusting for a woman is easy because all her life she does that. Adjustment can be done for 10 days or a month but when it is a lifetime adjustment one should RETHINK.

To all the mother in laws - I am sure your son's heart has enough space to accommodate the both of us and if you are so possessive about your son, then you shouldn't have even gotten him married.
6 months of mental torture and isolation I had been through made me move back from where I came "my home".

DIVORCED at 24, after a marriage that lasted only 6 months. Yes, it was an arranged marriage.
I got divorced at the age when most of my friends were not even engaged. I had earned the stigma of being a divorcee, a term that I find extremely regressive and judgmental. My journey from being newly married to separated to divorced all within a span of 2 years.

When I filed for divorce, I knew that life would not be easy. I felt betrayed for all the goodness that I ever had in me.
"I GOT A CHANCE. I CHOSE TO BE OUT OF THE MISERY AND OUT OF A POTENTIALLY RUINED LIFE"
Sometimes families find it shameful to update the society on the newly acquired marital status of their children/siblings. It had been painful for me to meet relatives at social gatherings. They ended up asking,
Where is your husband?

I had to put on a brave face and told myself that I could not stop meeting the numerous people who loved me because of one worthless person from my past. Talking to some people always triggers negativity and hopelessness.
Some days and some people did pinch but I moved on.

I had discovered that unless I stopped pitying myself, the society would not. Once I started accepting and respecting me and my choices, the universe accepted and cooperated as well. I don't encourage divorce. I just feel that if you have found your reason to opt out of matrimony, don't be afraid.

I still wonder what my future holds but hey I am just 24. I am independent, living for myself, having a good job and eventually will have a good guy. I don't live with that hope but I know that is the truth because the fault was not in me but in the family I, unfortunately, became part of.

YOU SURVIVED THE WOUND, YOU WILL SURVIVE THE HEALING AS WELL!"

Asma ...Tuesdays with Morrie made me sit up and Mitch Albom has been in my favourites list though some like 5 people are very heavy on the heart. Writing like a lot of things requires a empathetic heart a creative mind and a highly self disciplined conscientious writer. I am in awe of Nisha for this reason.
I had discovered that unless I stopped pitying myself, the society would not. Once I started accepting and respecting me and my choices, the universe accepted and cooperated as well. I don't encourage divorce. I just feel that if you have found your reason to opt out of matrimony, don't be afraid.

This sums it all Sri..
Very encouraging thoughts,
Well we have a society full of unmatched and unhealthy marriages where the main reason to continue is... How society will treat u after..or how will u face ur relatives..coz in our society everyone hav there own view based on a single line that in a marriage it's a girl who has to adjust and transform herself completely to match the surroundings...
Nonetheless we all r humans and should not be taken for granted!!