Asya/KaBhi OS: The Perfect Vow

MrMrsAsyaKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

So currently, in bed, running a fever due to the damn cold weather. I couldn't even enjoy one day of snow. Sighs. So I got this crazy idea and I wanted to write in bed. I am saving the original story for something else but I managed this OS. Sorry for all these OS'es, I really cannot be assed writing any other stories right this moment, wrapped up and feeling sorry for my ass because I am cold. Sorry if I haven't replied to PM's or comments. Anyhoo, I hope you guys enjoy this! Do leave your comments behind and if anything doesn't make sense, my head isn't right okay? LOVE YA! <3

Asya/KaBhi OS: The Perfect Vow

Zoya smiled down at the half filled cup of coffee in front of her finding it ironic that her life was half empty too. Life had ways of throwing her off her feet and picking her up, again and again. And with time, she has become accustomed to all the bad in her life knowing that she would have some good too.

"Anything else sweetheart?" Zoya was brought of her trance by the lovely waiter inside the cafe she sat; her eyes went over the antique clock on the back wall. She had been sat here for the past half an hour, and her forced partner was a no-show. It was half 8 and she had to be at her own cafe by 10 for her shift. She was hoping to get most of the basics out of the way for the wedding.

"Still waiting for Mr VIP to make a show" Zoya's shoulder sagged, the waiter nodded in understanding before heading behind the till. She reached over towards the sunflowers on the table and played with it, trying to stop the curses she reserved for him to come to her lips before he got here. Her eyes darted towards the entrance hearing a bell ring, her breath hitched finding him enter the caf dressed in a pair of blue jeans hung low on his hips with a black tee fitted tightly over his toned body, every defined abs peeking through it. He completed his look with a pair of white sneakers and ray bans covering his intense eyes. She looked up at the ceiling. Dear God, why does he have to be so drool worthy?

"Good morning sunshine" He waved taking long strides towards her and fixed his perfect ass on the seat in front of her, his cocky smile refusing to leave his face. He called the waiter over with a wave of his hand before staring at her. Zoya breathed harshly, her eyes narrowed on him.

"Asad" Zoya clipped out, moving her eyes towards the binder and pen she laid out in front of her.

"I'm only three minutes late. Chill." Asad laughed brushing his hand through his hair. "It was my day off and I still got here." He shrugged before ordering a big breakfast. "And another coffee for sunshine here, and croissants. Thanks." He passed the menu back to the waiter.

"Try 30 minutes D-Bag. Not everyone has a day off like you. I have a double shift starting at 10. Why did you agree on meeting at 8 if you couldn't make it." She met his eyes. He peered down at the organised paper mess in front of her and reached forward, causing a few strands of his dark russet hair to fall forward and brush his defined cheekbones. There was no question that this man was beyond attractive, but if there ever a time to use the idiom "looks were deceiving", this was it. This man in front of her was every girl's best dream and worst nightmare. She hated his personality. She hated that he can toss girls around after getting what he wanted from them. The last thing she wanted to do was plan Zack and Arianna's wedding with Asad. But, Zack and Arianna had other plans. Asad was going to be Zack's best man while she was Arianna's maid of honour. She thought things would stop there but imagine being told they wanted Asad and Zoya to become their wedding planners. Asad and Zoya both choked on their champagne at the engagement party as the doting couple beamed down at them from the stage. Asad was business partners with Zack and his best friend. She hated that she had to face him every time she saw her best friend and her partner.

"Sorry sunshine. Alarm didn't go off. I swear I tried." He grinned; his eyes trailing over her appearance, Zoya squirmed under his eyes.

"Sunshine seriously?" She raised her brow. His grin turned wide stretching over his face.

"You look great today." He eyed the summery floral dress on her, the neckline was modest however left most of her chest bare. He noticed the beauty spot just under her neck. "Always, the Little Miss Perfect aren't you?" He went over the notes, he tried not to sound too harsh but he let it slip. He swallowed hard. He didn't exactly volunteer to be sat here with her and he had never planned a bloody wedding before. But her attitude towards him was annoying the heck out of him. He tried to be normal with her but seeing the perfect, untouchable miss perfect who has her life so together, he loses it. That may have something to do with him finding her sexy. Damn, she was hot. And he wasn't allowed to see her like that.

"Can we just get started?" She tapped the perfectly buffed nail of her index finger on the binder. Asad watched the way the damn hair of hers framed her face perfectly and bounced like a freaking shampoo commercial. Her piercing emerald green eyes tore through him. She coughed cracking through the silence and Asad shook his head. "List?" He nodded taking a sip of his coffee and watching her explain through the wedding day. "Which leaves the reception. I called around and there are three historic buildings with availability at such short notice. I found caterers for food-"

"Hold the heck up" Asad cut her off, "It all sounds a bit provincial."

"Provincial." Zoya said surprised, "That's a lot of syllables for you isn't it Asad?"

"Funny. Amazing what you can learn watching Beauty and the Beast. You know Belle sings about leaving her provincial town... No?" His expression implied the unstated "obviously." Zoya shook her head, confused at the direction he was taking her in but amused he knew the movie well enough to quote it.
"It sounds like a Martha Steward wedding for some high class trust fund for babies." He continued, "This is their reception, we need something more fun and relaxed."

"You want it laid-back so it doesn't take much effort on your part to organise. That's just lazy." Asad slouched back against his chair. He stared at her with his piercing golden eyes so vibrant that they reminded her of the perfect summer sunset.

"Relax shortcake" He drawled leaning forward until his elbows rested on the table. He held the cup with both hands. Damn if that didn't make his biceps flex. "All I am suggesting is that, we both know Zack and Arianna. They have been through a lot and would want something low key and relaxing for their reception, celebrate it with their close ones."

"I think I know my best friend better than you. She's a city slicker through and through. Who loves high heeled shoes and cute dresses." Zoya's made a face.

"Let's not get into a pissing contest on how we all know our BFF's." Asad mocked, "We met the first day of kindergarten, so I got you beat by a couple of decades on that score HALF-PINT." Zoya gathered her paperwork together and threw it into her bag. He watched her amused, she knew he was right. She had only known Arianna for five years; she had hired her for the caf. Since then, they had become best friends. She was the manager but their relationship was something else. Zoya shot upright.

"Thanks for the height reference you ass. We need to agree on something quickly." She needed to get to the caf for her shift. She really needed the money, with Ariana being away with Zack to meet his family; the extra money was really helpful. Siam, the owner was away today and she needed to make sure she opened it on time. "Enjoy your breakfast." Her eyes went towards her phone; she opened the message and sighed.

Ari: Can you go to the cake tasting tomorrow? Zack wants you and Asad there, we won't be back until sometime. Zack and I both know how much you love cake and you'll make the best choice for the reception.

"Wattuppp?" Asad observed her face taking a bite out of his omelette and moaned. Zoya rolled her eyes.

"Cake tasting tomorrow" She waved the phone. "Be there on time."

"Sure sunshine." He winked at her. Zoya held onto the last bit of her patience and ran out of the caf; she could hear him chuckling inside. She took deep breaths inhaling the fresh air outside; she closed her eyes and relaxed. Knowing his eyes were still on her, she rushed towards her workplace and opened up, ready to take on the new day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zoya stood outside the cake shop leaning against the turquoise wall, eyes closed to the sun. She looked like a modern day Roman goddess in her pretty white sundress and gold bangles.

"Morning sunshine. Remind me why we are here?" He said walking over towards her, dressed in a pair of black jeans and a white V neck t-shirt. She opened her eyes and looked at him indifferently. Shit. She looked annoyed. Well, at least Miss Perfect seemed un-perfect for a little moment. Zoya knocked on the glass door before a beaming smile greeted them.

"Zoya, entre mon ange."

"Penelope, this is Asad." Asad shook the elderly woman's hand.

"Bonjour Asad, come come. I have so many treats for you both. Tres delicieux." They both entered the cake shop decorated in white with an occasional tile painted with cheerful sunflowers. Penelope worked around the room like a tornado before serving them their first sample. "This one is a simple pound cake with delicate layers of lemon curd and buttercream. Decorated in a lemon colour buttercream icing, but I could do whatever colour you prefer. Try, s'il vous plait."

Asad picked up the child-sized fork with strange prongs.

"It's a cake fork" Zoya whispered, "Use the fat prong to cut" She turned her fork and sliced it to demonstrate. It was going to take an hour to eat a slice of cake at this rate.
"Oh my God" Zoya groaned, the raspy lilt of her voice hitting him in places he'd decided were off limits. "It's so good." She opened her eyes and urged him to try. It was cake for goodness sake. Why was she was having something else in the middle of the kitchen. He cut a piece and popped it into his mouth.

"Shit" His taste buds were having a party in his mouth.

"You like?" Penelope asked.

"Didn't know cake could taste this good." He was about to go for some more when Penelope whipped the plate from beneath him. Zoya laughed seeing his pout.

"Non non, many more to try." Penelope placed another plate. Asad and Zoya eyed each other before racing to grab a bite. They went through more treats, a delicious s'mores cake, a white chocolate topped with raspberry fondant, and one with the icing that tasted like key lime pie. Once the cakes were sampled, Penelope served them an espresso, and put four plain cupcakes in front of them. "Take your time deciding." She told them heading towards the back of the kitchen.

"Nothing can top this kind of meeting." Asad stirred the cream in his expresso.

"Agreed." Zoya took a sip of hers. He looked at her surprised; this was the first time they agreed on anything. She met his eyes with her sparkling ones, this was the first time he had ever seen her so happy, her smile on her lips had reached her eyes.

"Chocolate s'mores cake" She whispered.

"Agreed." He studied her intently not revealing what they found in her eyes.

"Well then" Zoya clapped jumping off the stood. "That's that." She literally danced from their table towards Penelope. He watched her, with a smile on his face. The heck is wrong with you Asad. Stop smiling at her like that.

"I have a meeting. I'm going to jet. I'll see you in the evening right?" Asad spoke behind her; she spun around hearing his voice. He felt his inside clamp together at the sight of her face.

"My day off. Heading home. I'll ask Siam to get Simon to run across the street to make the delivery" She told him, that dimpled smile refusing to move off her lips.

"Sure thing." He tried to hide the disappointment on his face. He was starting to get used to the deliveries to his office by her. That was how Zack and Arianna met, Arianna had decided to take a box of pastries over to their office as Siam's bakeries were celebrating their 40th birthday and landed straight into Zack's arms. He met Zoya on one of their outing together as a group and their meeting was bitter. That was when he found out she was the manager at Siam's bakeries. Since then, Arianna always used to bring pastries over to them but as she has been away for a bit, Zoya made sure she did the deliveries for him. "See you next week." He left the cake shop before he could start catching feelings for Little Miss Perfect. Asad and feelings were a no-no. He still remembered her first words to him, if you can't appreciate the love they have, then you sure as hell don't have any right to have an opinion on it. But it was what she said quietly after that had made him wonder. You definitely do not deserve it with the way you're going about it with ho no 1000. He wanted to respond to her stating that that the right girl hasn't come into his life. But his lips were shut, was he ever going to find the right girl with the way he was going about it?

Yes, he hated her words and it annoyed him as hell that she was so judgmental about him. But it affected him that she saw him as nothing more than a man-wh**e. Yes, he enjoyed women without attachments or feelings. But that was his decision. He is allowed to do that right? Then why didn't it feel like it after meeting her?

Zoya: The venue sorted?

Asad looked into the starry night playing with his glass of scotch. He could hear her laughter from the engagement party, the way her pink plump lips parted; it was always pretty much possible that such a sweet sound could come from her. The sound of her laughter did something to his insides. The long light blue dress she wore hugged her curves but that wasn't what made him want her. It was her emerald green eyes that sparkled under the light, her dark brown hair bouncing around her petite head. He was in shock in the amount of ways he wanted the woman. Little Miss Perfect. Always so held together. With her perfect life.

He glanced at his phone on the grass. He reached for it before unlocking it.

Asad: Done boss.

Zoya: Great. Thanks.

Asad scoffed throwing the phone back on the grass.

"Ariannaaa!" Zoya squealed running across the large lobby of Zack and Asad's building and grabbed her into a hug. Arianna giggled almost falling back but Zack's strong arms held them both up. Asad shook his head watching the re-union from across lobby. He leaned back against the reception desk and nibbled on the eclairs brought by Zoya.

"How are you doing babe?" Arianna broke the hug and cupped her face. She stared straight into her eyes.

"I'm doing great. How are you?" Zoya beamed at her.

"We're both doing great too. With you both taking the planning out of our hands." Zack placed his arm over Zoya and Arianna. He kissed the top of Zoya's head.

"Ready for an awesome summer wedding?" Zoya winked at them both.

"Bring it on. Been ready to make her my wife since I laid my eyes on her." Zack kissed Arianna's lips softly. Zoya sighed watching the duo. "By the way, have you both bankrupt me yet?"

"You guys are too cute for words" She held her hands against her chest ignoring his last question. Zack laughed mocking a heart attack. Her eyes landed on Asad across the room who smirked at her. She rolled her eyes removing Zack's arm and walking over towards him. She felt him stiffen as she neared him, his breathing became unsteady for a short moment.

"Ahhh too cute." Asad leaned forward on the desk eyeing her white apron wrapped around her waist.

"Aint looking too bad yourself" She nodded towards his three piece tailored suit. She reached for his tie and pulled it, he almost fell forward. "Think navy blue is more your colour." She winked.

"She knows how to flirt" He spoke wide eyed. "Should have told me sooner." He grinned. Zoya crossed her arms in front of her. "Okay, joke ends now. What are the chances we get through today without a fight?" He tilted his head and looked at the couple.

"We don't fight." She responded quickly.

"Like hell we don't" He laughed walking around the reception desk and joined her. She had to tilt her head back to look up at him towering over her.

"We wouldn't fight if you just agreed with me." She took a step back before she snapped her neck. He leaned back and crossed his arms.

"Zoya, I think we might be the only two people who could fight over whether we fight or not." He teased, Zoya shook her head.

"Arianna, you may be my BFF girl, but your shift starts in 10 minutes." Zoya threw over her shoulder and headed for the exit. "Zack, you owe me!" She added.

"Anytime baby!" He shouted back at her before grunting, Zoya burst out laughing knowing Arianna would have elbowed him. It was his fault for teaching her self-defence moves. Asad watched as she strutted out of the building, her hips swaying side to side.

"Shit" He muttered under his breath.

"So man, have you both tried killing each other yet?" Zack patted Asad's shoulder.

"She texted me four o clock last night asking me to find a bulk dealer for lanterns." Asad informed his friend.

"Good good." Zack smirked walking off.

"What?" Asad followed behind him.

"Just go easy on her. She's finding it hard." Zack advised his friend in a low voice.

"Why? She seems so put together." Asad asked confused. He went over towards the tall glass windows and looked down at the caf.

"Zoya has-"

"Zack." Arianna rushed into his office and exchanged the phone as she had taken the wrong one. She ran up to Zack, kissed his cheek and rushed towards the door again. She stopped before exiting the door and glanced over her shoulder.

"Go easy on my Zoya, Asad. She has a heart of gold." Arianna nodded at Zack before rushing through the door.

"Okay." Asad nodded confused not knowing what they are both going on about.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You have the trial for your wedding dress tomorrow. Go home. I will lock up" Zoya ushered Arianna towards the back.

"Thanks for everything babe. Goodnight." Arianna kissed her cheek before dancing towards the back. "You sure you don't need a lift?" Arianna called back.

"I'm good!" Zoya replied cleaning the counter tops and packing the cakes. She heard the back door close with a thud. She took a deep breath before falling into the nearest chair. She closed her eyes, her chest waved along with her breaths.

"Don't know when to give up do you sunshine?" Zoya gasped hearing his voice, her eyes snapped open to take in his smirking face leaning over the counter top on his forearms, his biceps reflexing. His hair was messy; he had removed his tie and removed the top two buttons on his shirt. Zoya got out of her chair and came face to face with him.

"What do you want Asad?" Zoya asked, sounding exhausted.

"Are you okay?" He stood upright and studied her expressions, his voice suddenly serious.

"Did you leave your girls behind just to see if I'm doing okay?" She laughed, but it was strained. "Coffee? I make the best coffee ever." She fidgeted with the cloth before grabbing a clean cup.

"Sunshine, you okay?" Asad asked again, worried that she was avoiding looking at him. He joined her at the back; he watched her fuss with the espresso machine. Without thinking, he moved forward against her, her back touched his front and she stiffened. His hand rested on her waist before slowly turning her around. Zoya stilled facing him, the warmth of his touch against her body made her insides flame with need. Her whole body was fit between his legs holding her in place. She slowly looked up, her heart beating frantically inside of her.

"I'm fine" Her voice wavered, her breathing quickened. She watched his hand come up towards her face before stroking her cheek, she couldn't help but lean in to his touch sighing.

"You don't sound it or look it." Asad said softly, his intense eyes on her.

"I'm just really tired... I have been busy with the last bits and bobs..." She whispered but he didn't stop stroking her cheek. She thought he would let her continue but there was a fierce look in his eyes that had her mumbling. He gave her a few moments to understand what was going to happen but it was over before she had time to gather her thoughts. His lips pressed against hers, Zoya closed her eyes and finally stopped trying to talk.  She stopped moving, she stopped breathing. His lips were soft and tender taking all the fight from within her. Any attempt at pretending disinterest was impossible. He pulled away from her so quickly in the next moment, Zoya was left breathless. He let go of her and started to move back.

"I'm sorry Zoya."  He rubbed his forehead, "I shouldn't have done that. I"

Zoya nodded in understanding placing her hand over her lips. Her eyes darted everywhere but towards him.

"I'll give you a lift. That's what I came to say." He coughed, raking his fingers through his hair.

"I'm fine." She spoke softly, her voice almost too quiet for him to hear.

"It's late. I won't let you go alone. I'll be outside." And with that he walked out of the caf leaving a dumbfounded Zoya behind. She pulled her hair.

"What is happening with my life?" She sighed, stroking her lips with her fingers. That kiss was too good to be true. Too calm to be in her life.

"I'm here if you ever need me Zoya" Zack walked Zoya down the footpath towards Asad's waiting car, his arm wrapped over her shoulder. Asad stood leaning against his SUV, his feet crossed, hands in his pocket watching the two. He raised his brow finding Zack's arm over her shoulder.
"You tell me if this guy gives you any trouble." He let go of her and grabbed Asad by the neck. They both scuffled for a few minutes while Zoya chuckled. Both of the guy's looked up hearing her laughter and smiled.

"Thank you so much." Zoya hugged Zack before kissing his cheek.

"Keep smiling sunshine." Zack smiled, his eyes on Asad. "Arianna will meet you tonight for your whatever night..." He waved his hand in the air.

"Not tonight. You both spend some time together." Zoya tapped his cheek before getting into the SUV. She rolled the windows down, "And if you think I'm writing your wedding speech and vows. Mate you have another thing coming. Not happening." Zoya smirked.

"Zoe, you're good with words. Please." Zack almost got on his knees, Asad chuckled.

"It is your vows Zack. You love her. Let that be your vow. When it is a matter of your heart, your love will find a way" Zoya smiled with a wink. Asad's eyes moved from Zack to Zoya. "As for your speech. I will write it for you but unfortunately, I don't think I love Arianna in the way you do. I don't know if it will have the feeelll" She teased.

"I guess I could write that too" Zack scratched the back of his head, Zoya laughed at the sad puppy dog face he was making. Zack grabbed Asad's arm before he entered the SUV.
"What's going on between you two?"

"Nothing" Asad hissed.

"Really, why have you been avoiding each other all week? You don't think I see it. I see all brother" Zack demonstrated his hand.

"Okay Mister Miyegi, whatever you say." Asad rolled his eyes. Zack threw him a look.
"Okay. f**k. I kissed her. Once." Asad closed his eyes, feeling frustrated. "I can't deal with this right now." He ignored his friend and entered the SUV before driving off. He could see his friend standing in the distant the mirrors, a smirk playing on his lips.

"You okay?" Asad asked parking in front of her house. She was silent throughout their journey today. She didn't even complain once dropping the decorations off at the reception venue.

"I'm fine. Thank you." Zoya unfastened her seat belt and got out of the car. He followed behind her and grabbed her wrist. Zoya halted on the footpath before turning around to face him.

"I'm sorry about the other night Zoya." She removed her hand from his grip.

"It's okay, I understand. Don't worry" Zoya couldn't meet his eyes.

"I want you to really understand why I broke away." He held her chin to look into her eyes.

"Why?" She whispered softly knowing he needed to tell her.

"Because I don't do this. I have fun. A lot. And as much as I want to, I can't do fun with you, Zoya. Because you deserve better than that. And it would create one hell of a mess for our best friends if it ended badly." Zoya nodded moving a step back. Despite the pain inflating in her chest, she could see the truth in his words. In a sad way, she appreciated his honesty. She didn't know why but she was disappointed when he broke away from the kiss. She was sad that he regretted it but she could understand why.

"Bye Asad." She forced a smile before turning around and walking inside her house. Asad stood rooted to his spot staring at the closed door. Something was different about her today. Or was it him that was seeing her differently? Was he beginning to see past her fake smiles and little miss perfect act. How had he never seen the pain etched on her face as she goes about her day to day business? He knew he was on unknown territory and for the first time in his life, he didn't fear it. He wanted to know this territory.

Asad gulped his drink down trying to get rid of the anxious feeling inside of him. He missed his partner, the maid of honour, his little miss perfect.

"She sounded horrible. She has been over working herself." Arianna frowned. "I told her to stay in bed and we will drink on her behalf."

"You should have stayed with her." Asad remarked.

"She begged me not to." Arianna leaned in towards Zack, who had his eyes fixed on Asad.

"Miss Righteous" He mumbled.

"She was used to taking care of her mother, so used to putting her needs before her own. After her death six months ago, I doubt she could change that habit. She will not allow anyone to take care of her." Arianna spoke sadly.

"Stupid woman never appreciated her sacrifices." Zack sipped his drink.

"Hold on, what am I missing here? Her mother passed away six months ago?" Asad asked shocked.

"You're surprised to find her so well put together." Zack met Asad eyes, Asad swallowed hard.

"Her mother was a chain smoker Asad, cold and bitter. Zoya has worked her ass off trying to take care of her and her medical needs. She was dying but she didn't leave a single day spared in letting Zoya know what a shitty job she was doing. She almost went bankrupt paying for everything. I don't know how she does it, but she smiles through it all. She was organised when her whole life was falling apart. Even after her mother's death, she is still working her best to pay all the debts off." Arianna sighed, Zack held her tightly.

"She's exhausted." Asad stated. They both nodded at him.

"Hell she is. But that isn't going to stop her from working hard. We thought this wedding planning will keep her busy; she is good at this stuff and loves it. And I have seen her smile. But she is exhausted. I kind of regret putting this all on her. I thought a change in her schedule would keep her mind off her mother's death. She is in control and won't let me help her now" Arianna smiled sadly. Asad downed his drink in one go before walking away from his friends. The sudden ache in his chest was burning him.

He found himself standing outside her door within an hour, just staring at it not knowing what he was doing. He pounded on the door.

"I swear to god if this door breaks I will kill you" Zoya shouted from inside.

"Hurry the f**k up Sunshine. I'm soaked." Asad barked, Zoya opened the door and gaped at him. She wriggled her nose that was bright red; his eyes went over her boyfriend shorts and pink tank top. Her hair was tied up into a bun on top of her head.

"What are you doing here Asad?" She asked shocked, taking in his wet form.

"To see how our little miss perfect is doing." He brushed past her into the house, Zoya almost squealed feeling the wetness on her arm. His lips twitched. He observed the house, there was medical equipment gathered on one side of the room. The living room was dim, her sofa had seen better days. All in all, not what he was expecting to see when he entered the house. Zoya closed the door and forced herself towards the kitchen, he could hear her scraping her slippers on the floor. She threw a towel at him and made him a cup of coffee.

"I'm doing fine." She placed the coffee on the table. She paused finding him remove his blazer and then his shirt until he was in his black tank top. She gulped. "Errm, I'll put the fire on." She spun around finding him stripping down to just his boxers. "Please don't tell me you have come to put on a show for me?" She said playfully putting the fire on.

"Yes baby, only for you. Consider yourself lucky. If you want the full show, just let me know." He grinned. Zoya shook her head chuckling.

"Maybe another time." Zoya bit her lips. She squeaked before sneezing and falling back on her bottom and flat against the floor.

"Bless you." He stood over her holding his hips, Zoya opened her eyes and looked up at him hovering over her.

"Amen." Zoya closed her eyes and burst out laughing. "Please go away Asad, I don't feel well." She sniffed.

"I've come to take care of you baby." His expressions changed, Zoya froze on the floor. The intense heat radiating from his eyes were sure to burn her, she suddenly felt naked under his eyes. Before she could move, he bent on his knees and picked her up into his arms. Zoya rolled headfirst into his chest wrapping her hand around his neck to steady herself. She was going to ignore his toned abs pressed against her sides or how wet he felt or how his proximity was burning her. He walked her up the stairs; Zoya stared at his jawline and the way his Adam's apple bobbed every time he swallowed. "You carry on staring at me like you are, I might have to give you a full show tonight." Asad looked down at her, Zoya's cheeks turned crimson within seconds. She looked away; she could feel the vibration coming from his body in waves. He was laughing at her.  He placed her on the bed and pulled the duvet over her before sitting down on the edge of the bed beside her.

"Are you okay?" He placed his hand over her hot forehead.

"No." She whispered softly, closing her eyes. For the first time ever, she admitted that she wasn't fine.

"I'm here. It's okay."

"Everything is fine. Chill out!" Zoya scolded Arianna who was having panic attacks. "Okay, shit bridezilla. Okay sorry sorry. You got this shit. That man loves you more than anything in the world and you're having second thoughts." Zoya taunted Arianna.

"Of course not." Arianna hit her with the bouquet, Zoya ran out of the way.

"You got this shit." Zoya smiled, Arianna took deep breaths and smiled back at her friend.

"Thanks babe."

"See you out there, as hottie's mrs. If you're still having second thoughts, I'm more than happy to take your place" She winked and walked out of the room. Asad froze watching her come down the stairs, her chiffon dress swaying. Her gown was held together with a material resting on her right shoulder before dangling loose behind her. It was a soft peach colour, her hair was done up in a side updo. It may have been a loose dress, but it clung to her curves in a way that made any man hard to focus. Those sweet pink lips curved into a smile, her green eyes were so perfect. Asad walked towards her and held his hand out to her. She examined his hand for a second,

"Shit Zoya, I aint got aids." Asad retorted.

"Just making sure." Her lips twitched placing her hand in his, she gasped feeling his hand tighten the instant it made contact.

"Are you ready for this?" No she wasn't.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She joined him downstairs. He hooked her hand around his arm before leading her towards the aisle.

"You're such a shit liar."

"Can you tell?" She looked up at him nervously. He nodded at her.

"It's okay to feel nervous. And slightly out of control. You've done all your best sunshine." He assured her. They both heard the music play in the background which was their cue to walk down the aisle, she gripped his arm tightly, Asad's free hand came over hers. She winked at Zack letting go of her hand while Asad joined Zack on the other side. Zoya's eyes shot towards Zack's face to see his reaction when Arianna walked in, she sighed dreamily seeing the look on his face. Her eyes met Asad's, whose gaze was fixed solely on her.

"Who gives this woman to wed this man?" Father Nat asked, Zoya broke out of her trance to find Arianna already at the altar. She fixed a smile on her face and watched the adoring couple take their vows and become each other's. She wiped the lone tear that escaped her eyes.

"Ladies and gentleman" Asad announced, "May I introduce Mr and Mrs Andrews" He grinned, everyone at the party broke into cheers. Zack stole a kiss from his glowing bride, they both had changed into different clothes. Arianna into a light blue dress flowing right to the ground and Zack into white pants and a blue shirt. They wanted the reception to be more relaxed and in theme with the summer weather.

Before they knew it, the party was in full swing. Zack stood near Asad and praised his wife but Asad was only half- listening. He watched Zoya as she fixed flowers, pushed in chairs and returned empty glasses back to the bar. If he saw her do one more run to restock candy and cakes, he was definitely going to stage an intervention. She should be enjoying herself, not working. The deep purple dress she wore clung to her curves. He tried to ignore how tight it was around her ass and listen to Zack yapping away but it was damn impossible. Her toned calves more than excited him. The way her bangles rattled up her arm as she smoothed her dress to the way her soft waves of her hair framed those devilish green eyes and those plumped pink lips. Laughter squealed through the evening summer air, and everyone looked towards the noise. Trent, one of the guests, had his hands on Zoya's waist and was lifting her up high enough to fix a lantern that had come loose.

"This has to be best wedding present ever. Watching you squirm. Want me to hold him down while you hit him?" Zack laughed.

"f**k you asshole."

"She's got a great ass."

"Do I have to knock out your teeth?" Asad snapped.

"No, not Zoya, I meant Arianna. Not that Zoya doesn't, not that I was... f**k this shit. I'm going to go have a drink and kiss my wife." Zack walked away. Once everything settled down slightly, Asad walked over towards Zoya.

"Come dance with me sunshine." Asad took the cloth from her hand and threw it towards the table. His hand slipped around her waist and pulled her closer when they reached the middle of the dance floor. Tucked in tight, the top of her head rested just beneath his chin, her cheek pressed over his heart. They both swayed to a country song which was Arianna's choice. "You did a great job baby." He kissed her head.

"Who would have thought we'd make a great team?" She wrinkled her nose gazing up at him.

"There's a reason they say opposites attract" He placed both of his hands on either side of her face. His thumbs traced her cheeks. His golden eyes conveyed a need she felt to her very core, his lips descended to softly brush over hers. He pulled back slightly, warm humour in his eyes.

"Geez Asad, you really know how to kiss a girl." She whispered mockingly.

"That?" He pressed his lips to hers a second time. "I'm just getting started. I don't want a fling Zoya. I want you, in every way you are willing to give me. When things get hard, I want to be there for you. I want to spend every moment with you, damn we make a hell of a good team. I want more of you. I want every bit of you." He whispered, tears stung in her eyes. "Planning someone else's big day just makes you want all of it for yourself so damn hard."

"We just want to say thank you for coming... Asad and Zoya have done a fantastic job, we owe you guys big time..."

"The day you walked into the lobby, you stood my world on its head. I have no clue how I got so lucky..."

Zack's announcement drowned in the background.

"Will you continue to spend your time with me Zoya? And I will vow to love and care for you for the rest of my life. I cannot promise forever but I can promise every tomorrow until we do reach forever." He rested his forehead against hers. She placed both of her hands on his chest.

"Can we go cake tasting sometime?" She whispered. Asad chuckled, Zoya smiled at him.

"Heck, I will do whatever you want baby. Just be with me. Promise me" Zoya pressed her lips against his. He grinned getting her answer. The kiss sealed her vow to him.

XOXO

Edited by MrMrsAsyaKhan - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nnnnnnn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜ƒ
absolutely loved it !!!!!! again !!!!!

wonderfully written πŸ‘πŸ‘

ur stories have got that special thing that makes you believe in 'happily ever after' 

Get well soon πŸ€—.. meanwhile you could write more while in bed πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

did you mean you will  be continuing this btw?😳😳😳
Edited by nnnnnnn - 8 years ago
MayurChan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice Part..
Take Care Dear..and GET WELL SOON.
And Do writing More of these...and Keep sending Me P.M's.Edited by MayurChan - 8 years ago
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
So new so good. And hope u r feeling good too cause it madee feel so good too :'))) want more and more and more updates from u mojo... Just keep on posting them.. Don't stop. Ever. 
KeyaHira2 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That was sweet
I hope you get better 

muskaan17rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Absolutely wonderful 
Loved reading it to the core
I actually wonder sometimes that from where do you get such awesome ideas. Seriously great execution and flawless work
Loved the whole concept of the story
When will you update your ffs
Try to update them soon
And before that please take care of your health. Seema like the whether change has been taking a troll on you.
Take care and keep up the good work😊
asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice OS dear
Thanks for pm
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Get well soon...
Loved the OS.
anopama thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aww guess the weather is getting to all of us 
My throat is itchy 
So love this 
It is so sweet to see how they came together planing their BFF wedding 
He thought her to be ms perfect but she was so out of sorts 
How he just walked away and reached to her house hearing abt her lost 
Loved it 
And the strip down πŸ˜‰
sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aww man you are on a roll..!!
I'm loving the oses
This was fantastic and super cute and adorable
I loved their story and the way asad managed to look through zoya
Zoya at last opened herself and admitted she isn't fine
Awww they were awesome
And since you have saved the original idea so does it mean we are getting a ss soon..??
Hehe..;)