Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@Shruthi: The topic title depicts the inner turmoil of mandodari. Good topic choice. We already discussed abt sita and mandodari concept. She lived with her husband, loved him and gave respect to him but actually does he was capable for those things. A man who does not respect woman can not be called a man and same holds for woman too. Whatever be the good qualities of a man when he misbehaves with a woman all his qualities just vanishes in seconds. For me Ravan was lucky to have a wife like mandodari just because of who lanka people lead a happy life. In my pov when lanka became sri lanka (laxmi isolated island), people started facing problem.
Why most of the asuras (excluding dwara balagar avatars) were actually siva bhakth and went on against vishnu?
 Did any vishnu bhakt actually practised adharm and got killed by Lord Siva?  Apart from thiruvillaiyadal puram, I am not well aware of siva stories. 
Edited by Ramyalaxmi - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Ramya actually like you I am also a little less knowledgeable when it comes to Shiva. Call it at the Vaishnavite practice at my home and my induction to Rama and Krishna from childhood. But my feeling is Shiva is loved by Asuras is because he is easy to please while they take Vishnu as manipulative and difficult to please. Second is the reason that Shiv is associated with power. And that aura of power attracts all the power hungry asuras towards Shiva as they want to rule the world. The only thing they forget is that Shiva's real power is his Shakthi or Maa Parvati.
And in most occasions they misbehave with women and women become the medium of their downfall.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: True. Asuras forgot the real shakthi and invited their own dead. Yeah till now i dont find a reason for this doubt. My gut feeling that vishnu bhakths was actually more of dharm. Siva bhakths got proud of their bhakthi whereas it was different in case of vishnu followers. Its just my pov and will be happy if proved wrong with proofπŸ˜‰
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ramya actually like you I am also a little less knowledgeable when it comes to Shiva. Call it at the Vaishnavite practice at my home and my induction to Rama and Krishna from childhood. But my feeling is Shiva is loved by Asuras is because he is easy to please while they take Vishnu as manipulative and difficult to please. Second is the reason that Shiv is associated with power. And that aura of power attracts all the power hungry asuras towards Shiva as they want to rule the world. The only thing they forget is that Shiva's real power is his Shakthi or Maa Parvati.

And in most occasions they misbehave with women and women become the medium of their downfall.

@Shruti yup Shiva is called to be'' Bholenath'' which means easy to be pleased and thats why all asuras first choice is to be pleased Shiva...

as pleasing shiva is quite easy though it also take lot of eforts too but it is quite easy in compare to other diaety

Because shiv is owner and destroyer himself if any one who can please shiva he is considered to be the owner..and what all the asuras think even ravvana too..

what they always forget that if the Shiva is the owner he is at same time time Destroyer to..so...in that illuminiation asuras always get foolded in thier own aspiration of becong the owner of this entire universe...πŸ˜†
Suganya.S thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@shruthi : Thanks for explaining about paanch kanya's in detail πŸ˜³ But still , i have this lingering doubt as to why only paanch and not many ?? 

U see , In MB itself we have this side story of Nala and his chaste wife dhamayanti and also that of Satyavaan n Savithri , then y both Dhamayanti & savithri are not included in this list ?? As everyone know , they also followed their sthree dharam in most of hard diversities their husbands faced πŸ˜• 

I know , i ask this out of sheer curiosity and we dont know have any explanations for this !!! Yet i would be glad , to know more on this , and also about Raavan's misdeeds and his life before the abduction of Sita πŸ˜Š
Edited by Suganya.S - 8 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Suganya I am not sure on Panch Kanya beyond this. If I get more info will put. Questions from people like you make me search, refresh my knowledge and I should be thankful to you guys for that.Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Suganya... thanks and happy to see you here,.,..

Like skr ...
 the forum also has many gifted writers who put through their perceptions very welll and everyday its been like learning something new... as the story progresses hopefully we would get more to interact with

Originally posted by: Suganya.S

Nice to see u here πŸ˜Š Again a awesome post by you πŸ‘

@shruthi : Everytime you take some topic that is completely ignored before , yet give a good msg through it when analysed in different perspective πŸ‘πŸΌ

And i was equally surprised to know Mandodari was one of Paanchkanya considered in hinduism . I know sita , draupadi , ahilya was among them but never heard of Mandodari being mentioned !!
Would like to know , who r the others and why only 5 and not many in that count ?? Also i have never known the back story of Raavan and his wives , y only mandodari considered in all , is it bcz she was chief consort or some other reason ?? And curses he recieved from those who were affected by him !!! 

prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Suganya on the topic of panchkanya ...we may also infer panchkanyas as panchbhoota the eternal kanyas ..the nature..even after grave misuse they never loose their essence ..
And these panchkanyas in essence represent the panchbooths..we already knew sita and draupadi represent earth and fire respectively...

We can infer ahalya as wind the ever present yet invisible..according to valmiki ahalya was cursed to become invisible ...
And Tara as akasha or the aether ..which symbolizes knowledge as the first important aspect of its saptha or sound...we can see her first advising vaali against going to fight sukriva  but he doesn't listen..and a while lakshmana was angered and advises sukriva...

Mandodari as water...who is always associated as so pure and virtuous..amidst all the wealth and power too she never wavers and stood by what is right...

By respecting them and praying to them we may be absolved of all sins...in essence by being respective of nature we dispel our sins.
shruthiravi thumbnail
Wow Prav what a nice explanation. 
siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Another example of a very chaste wife is Vrinda whose husband Jalandhar (a son of Lord Shiva born out of his third eye) was invincible till Lord Vishnu had to break her chastity vow to get Jalandhar killed. Vrinda was reborn as the holy Tulsi.

One point regarding Lord Shiva's devotees becoming powerful is mentioned in the Bhagavat mahapuran. Lord Shiva being quickly pleased as he is called Ashutosha grants all the boons of asuras who invariably ask for power over other beings. On the other hand the devotees of Lord Vishnu seek nothing from the lord except Him. Only asura who was a Vishnu devotee was Prahlad.