If he had respected me he wouldnt have strayed from dharma- Mandodari

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
I was waiting for the introduction of this character. Mandodari. A woman whose virtue, beauty, maryada, bhakthi is at par with Sita, woman irrespective of being born in Asura Kul worshipped among the Panch Kanya of Hinduism. 
Yes Raavan was blessed with such a wife. She was both his Lakshmi and Shakthi. But alas what she said is so true. Yes Mandodari was Ravan's queen. Her son Indrajith was the crown prince. But then today Mandodari told what her heart or shall I say every good woman's heart wants. That her husband respect her. He understand her virtue and maryada plays an equal role in his wealth and status. Her love is his biggest protection. 
And when does a woman feel she is respected. When her husband behaves well with other women. He doesnt misbehave with them. He is polite towards every woman in his life. She is the queen of his heart than the queen on the throne.That is the time Prakriti or woman feels herself blessed to have such a husband. 

Raavan never recognized the power he had with him. Having such a virtuous wife if he had not strayed from the path of dharma it was impossible to defeat him as her chastity will always protect him, just like Sita's chastity protected Ram. 

He went on boasting that he is the greatest Shiv Bhakth. But what is the use of being Mahadev's bhakth if you cant follow his footsteps, if you cant treat your better half the way Mahadev treats Maa Gowri. 
Is it real Bhakti, is it selfless or that Bhakti is selfish which only wants favours from the God you worship. 

A lot is said about Raavan's Shiv Bhakthi, but today Mandodari's words made me think was that Bhakthi real or another egoist adventure. 
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
well said shruthi
Mandodari said right n Mandodari poor woman such grt woman but her own husband don't understand her value . 
she know her husband is going towards wrong path n not listening him..
such thing happen still with many couple where husband don't listen n... 
there is one thing from Malyavan who  said no one is grt devotee of Lord Shiva  than Ravan 
its Arrogance speaking...
there is Bhakti may be but more than Bhakti in Ravan side its arrogance ...
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Another well written post shruthi di 
Truly i just loved the convo between the two also the lanka set up and dress up truly gave a feel that yes i have landed in south .
Coming back to the point , the line reminds me of one shlokha which said the person who respects every other man and sees all as equal is a true person of moral . It is not just about respecting your relatives or friends but everyone .
As stated by Socrates that a person who is good to his friends but acts evil to enemies is not just .
Loved todays episode , just had expected they show urmilla and lakshman too but ...
neelakshi-says thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lovely post Shruti. 

Such a sad thing to say about your own husband...it must be a very helpless feeling to see your husband straying and u are trying to mend the situation somehow but it's not working !!! 💔

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Krishna yes arrogance and pride rules Ravan
@charvi a man's character is always exposed at the time of adversity. How they behave during that time. Lakshman is great because he supported his brother during adversity. Same with Hanuman. He was with Sugreeva during adversity. A brother like Lakshman, a friend like Hanuman is a boon and need to be respected. But on many occasions we neglect such boons given to us
@neela when Mandodari said " another woman" I could hear her heart breaking. Even after taking so much from her husband, the woman remains steadfast to him in loyalty. And that was her greatness too. She never left him in adversity. Walked with him. 
aku0705 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
well  wriiten  shruti
👏

Is it real Bhakti, is it selfless or that Bhakti is selfish which only wants favours from the God you worship. 

This line is the best.  
It  is  always  said  that
Women  have the  power to  protect  man and  have  the  power to   destroy  them  also
Raavan's  life  is such an example 
Mandodari    prays  for his welfare   on other hand 
and  Sita   became  the  reason of  destruction  

Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely post shruti...
Manodari is feeling bad as ravan is going on wrong path and not listening to her..
She is such a lovely women who cares for him and even she is ravan's power but ravan don't care for her and treats women badly and even prisoning others women. after all she is also a women and for how long she will bear all this..
malyavaan said ravan's is invited to swayamvar and again she feels hurt thinking about another women in this husband's life..
Malyavaan said he respect you but what kind of respect is this...
Seriously if you can't take care and respect such women who stands with you every time how long you will stay strong ...
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I am yet to watch the episode Shruthi but I will shortly. But I am astonished to see this. Raavan might have had 100 flaws in him, but there is no denying there were certain good things about him. He never took a woman without her consent. He abducted Sita but he did not force himself on her. Since this is a TV adaptation I am sure they will make Ravan look more evil than he actually was. I had actually liked this show and was hoping they would show Ravan as a grey character. I guess I cant expect much from a channel that screwed Mahabharata.
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Mandodari was right. Ravan was not only arrogant but proud of his powers.  What's the use of his bhakti when he could follow the footsteps of the same God? When a wife says that her husband doesn't respect her it means he failed as a husband. 
anu_anya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Gud post shruthi
Edited by anu_anya - 8 years ago