Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
What different worlds and what different outlook and aspirations. Bala going Mr.Iyer's way...
The diff is II appreciates what her Appa did for her and shravu is questioning such kind of pursuits or approach cos he's seen and been part of , not an outsider to what differently the other world has got to offer!
And there were a few broken ribs and blood shed.
Wonder if Anvi had somebody to share this with as shravu had with his Chithi.
Dude, Manya ... Nandu has seen it all but shravu ... Can he go this way without guilt and will he be able to handle it without his parents understanding ... So tough...
Each one has their own boundaries to draw...

Nisha this is mind blowing writing. And Ranjan Bhalla... A true savior but if you are the guard then ?...
Know for sure Ranjanji is going to take care of him and his family but ... How unfortunate!!

You protect your own and do what it takes isn't it?
We all do I guess

Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

What different worlds and what different outlook and aspirations. Bala going Mr.Iyer's way...
The diff is II appreciates what her Appa did for her and shravu is questioning such kind of pursuits or approach cos he's seen and been part of , not an outsider to what differently the other world has got to offer!
And there were a few broken ribs and blood shed.
Wonder if Anvi had somebody to share this with as shravu had with his Chithi.
Dude, Manya ... Nandu has seen it all but shravu ... Can he go this way without guilt and will he be able to handle it without his parents understanding ... So tough...
Each one has their own boundaries to draw...

Nisha this is mind blowing writing. And Ranjan Bhalla... A true savior but if you are the guard then ?...
Know for sure Ranjanji is going to take care of him and his family but ... How unfortunate!!

You protect your own and do what it takes isn't it?
We all do I guess

There is always a price Kalpana
THERE ALWAYS IT
Shravu will pay it too. He is still under Bala and Vandu's control so he cannot dodge the consequences

Errantnomad thumbnail
Don't even know if there's even merit to a post I came across reg Gulzar but someone had written a piece on how the influential can get away and how he got somebody to withdraw a case against his daughter for being involved in an accident hit and run but took care of the bills.

blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Came here as usual and was struck by a blitz of updates. Sharvu in trouble. Makes my insides slip to my knees like it was a kid at home.

Nisha your writing got my goat today.. 👏

Baby future parts I love this one 😲 Shravu straddling 2 worlds like II did not to long ago any wonder he connects better with her than anyone else. Somewhere I felt my lip quiver like II's listening to Shravu understanding his need to occupy 2 different worlds at the same instant.

Haven't we become a community that is constantly on a drive to extract more out of every situation.
Ranjan as subtle as always but will this hurt or help Shravu? I can't read and can't stay out 😭
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

DEDICATED to all the kids around us who knowingly or unknowingly get into trouble... Prathima borrowed title from your comment

TROUBLED AND TROUBLING

Kids that steal your heart forever are always yours

Their pranks and antics make way for mischief

As they grow you are pushed to hold their secrets and scrapes

The love for them gets the better of us we yield we succumb we get blamed and pushed

Tables get turned, insults get hurled the going gets miserable

Distance yourself you cant. You have loved them longer than your own

You think you love them more than your own

Sometimes a caring Aunt and Uncle are the confidants you seek

They are the guardian angels hovering around you

Their love and affection you know for sure and are reluctant to miss

Shravvu to II had been the kid she adored and pampered

Pranked and pestered when he is in a mess he drags II in it

Like the bus episode that left her gashed the only caring soul in Munirka

He was the brat she adored and had been permitted to transform like her

Till a Prince Charming swept her off her feet and wealth became the great divide

Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail

read this somewhere...perspective of a 18 year old of grandparents and aunts will surely be different

WHAT ARE GRANDPARENTS?

(Taken from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds) You'll love it:

Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own. They like other people's.

A grandfather is a man, & a grandmother is a lady!

Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.

They show us and talk to us about the colors of the flowers and also why we shouldn't step on 'cracks.'

They don't say, 'Hurry up.'

Usually are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.

They wear glasses and funny underwear.

They can take their teeth and gums out.

Grandparents don't have to be smart.

They have to answer questions like 'Why isn't God married?' and 'How come dogs chase cats?'

When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again.

Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us..

They know we should have snack time before bed time, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even when we've acted bad.

A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. ''Oh,'' he said, ''she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport.''

Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but i don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Unsalted...

Pounding on the door... Shravu panicked got up, opened it Shubhang ran in with his cricket bat

"Chitheee" he flung himself on her, skinny unlike her OWN kids, a fuzzy tuft of hair,
she would joke with Akka "Ivanukku per baldie vechirka koodado" (I shudnt have named him baldie)

"Podi, uve permanent jinxed by baby's head" Akka would kiss the almost bald head

She smiled and gathered him as he fell on her
He smelled sweaty, and like exhaust fumes

"Enge pochu kutti baby?" she kissed him all over

"I was playing cricket" he smiled, laying in her arms "Pudu bat patheya?" he swung it almost hitting II

"Seri nee ennoda vareya?"(will u go home with me?) she asked kissing his skinny cheeks

"Ice cream tareya?" (will u buy me ice cream?) he asked

"Ethana flavors venum?" (how many kinds?) she cooed

She hugged him and rocked him

"Chithi did u bring me something?" he asked

"I brought you tee shirts, a school tablet (like an ipad) candy, salted biscuits, jelly, and apricot jam, and oh, light up socks and light up cap" she smiled

"Nike cap?" he asked

She nodded

Shravu gave him a disdainful look

"U are not supposed to ASK... greedy mongrel" he cursed

II smacked him

"Watch ur tongue, he is not 10 yet, u were worse" II was cruel

Shravu looked hurt

"Dont talk like that" she pleaded  "If he doesnt ask me who will he ask?'

"Chithi" Shubhang held her face  "Chithi in my class there is a Rohan, he went to Paris and Austria, he even saw kangaroos" he said

"AUSTRALIA moron" Shravu mocked him

"Shravu... stop it right now"  "Next year I am going to tell Amma I am going to take my baldie" "OK va... kanna... my sugar baby" II cooed to Shubhang

"Is it a looong plane?"

He meant is it a long ride?"

"Its a small plane with a long ride" Shravu mocked him again

Shubhang didnt even care for his Anna's retorts

"Shravu, enough!!! Dont make me"

SAY THINGS THAT WILL SHUT U UP FOR A WHILE
Shravu looked ashamed

"Gerd" Shubhang cackled

"Gerd a? What is that?" II asked

"Geek and nerd" Shubhang laughed hysterically

II laughed too

"U are a twit and a moron, toron" Shravu wasnt the one to give up

"Guess what I am taking back whatever I brought for Shravu" II got up carrying the skinny boy

Bala peeked, with a grim face

II's smile was wiped out at that moment

"Ange enna panrey nee?" (what are u doing?)

"I am hanging with my mostest favoritest" II cooed in baby language

And tickled Shubhang
He laughed hysterically

Shravu poured water on his shirt, he squealed

"SHRAVANA. Stop it" Bala thundered

Shravu looked terrified

"Athimber" II hissed

"Nee summa iru" (u keep quiet)

He walked in  "Did u drop and add?" he asked angrily

Shravu nodded

"Did u make the list?" he asked

Shravu nodded frightened

Shubhang played with her mangal sootra lockets, bunching and releasing it

"What are u doing here, go outside... ivanukku free entertainment kudukareya?" (are u giving him free ent)

II walked away reluctantly, it broke her heart... she had never imagined this day would ever come

She agreed with Athim, she didnt want to say it

"Avanoda sendu sendu kutti chavar ayidu da" ( mingle with him and turn into a lousy kid) he warned his son, yanking him from II's arms

"athimber please" II hissed

"Ippo nee solli kudu avana epdi valakanum nu" (I have to learn child rearing from u)

Bala looked fatigued and angst ridden
II wanted to reach and give him a hug
She wanted to go back to a time when all they did was laugh and joke

"Ishita u will eat and go no?" Akka asked dejected

II wanted to say she will eat back at home
But didnt want to go home, she wanted to stay with Akka as long as she could

"where did u go" II asked

AYYO!!
WHY DO U ASK SUCH Qs
MIND UR OWN BEEZ WAX

"Paiyan ivlav jora irukkan, lawyer veedu eri erangindu irunden" (my son is bringing so much fame, I was meeting with attorneys)

Shravu slammed his door

II feared Bala would break it down

For a second she felt murderous... she wanted her family to be untouched she wanted the Batras to be troubled
But ...

I BET SAM MADE LAMB BIRYANI
TAN RETURNED FROM HIS BIZ TRIP
THEY POSSIBLY HAVE A SPA APPOINTMENT FOR THE EVENING
LASYA WUD COME OVER TO MM

Akka looked sweaty and grimy, working in the 120F 47C kitchen all morning
She brought a steaming cooker and set it on a old worn out wooden coaster, from their honeymoon to manali
Sambar looked delicious, curry leaves and red pepper  mocked tiny mustard and fenugreek seeds, power's all in the size
The curry was simple bhindi oil fry

II stirred the sambar looking up veggies
She noticed drumsticks, her stomach rumbled

"Despite being devastated, Akka hadnt lost her touch",👏 II thought smugly

the sambar smelled killer, she was an outstanding cook... she cooked in humungous quantities and fed generously...

She sat, and Shubhang sat by her  
"Amma can I have three macaroons after lunch? strawberry, banana and apple?" he asked
Vandu smiled and nodded uncaringly
Patti sat down groaning and complaining, all seats were taken except Shravu's

II struggled to control her tears...

"Avan enge dee Vandu" (where is he?) Patti stared at Shravu's shut door

"Neenga first okkarungo" (U SIT down first) Akka scolded the old lady, as she down herself, rivulets of sweat flowed down Akka's
 neck and merged into her cleavage
Akka's living room AC was out... the house was like an oven...

"Kozhandai verum vayathoda irukka koodadu" (baby shud not starve) Paati declared

"Eruma kada vayasu aaradu avanukku" (he is as old as a buffalo's mature calf) Bala shouted

Paati looked distraught... quietly tasted the bhindi...
Shubhang jumped, startled... by his Dad's roar

"Uppu podale dee Vandu" (U forgot to add salt) Patti complained unaware of the crisis... leaning back on the dining table chair

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wow. It's raining updates. Need to re-read all of them. Rushed thru them. As a mom of a teenager, this is too real. Have a give a car to my older one soon. Scary :(

Chance-e illa Nisha.

What list is Shravu making for Bala !!!! Poor kid. Poor parents. II in the middle. Hope she cries on the dudes shoulders.
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Oh wow waking up to two new updates  is like bliss
Well WHT to say kids of my BIL are of age 15, 13 and both of them drive car
My BIL bought nano specially for them so that they can drive easily...
When I learnt I was so showed I told them it's not legal
Then all were saying that kids wants to drive and instead of letting them drive other car it would be safe in nanotechnology

My older one is 11 I feared as the young ones these days she is going to ask for car to drive very soon

AND I can totally relate to both the parents 
Bala interested in his child's future whereas he is busy exploring his present. ...

Vabdu doing her best to keep it all safe from elders of the family so that things don't get out of control... and trying  keeping everyone close

I myself have to so many times hide things or even speak a lie to my MIL for my older one 
WHT to do when you live in a joint family u have to manage many things being a lady of the house👏
moonwearer thumbnail
It feels like good old times getting the morning raga...today was bonanza getting to read several updates...as Charlie pointed out the driving craze and thrills of teens has parents on the edge all the time...friendship transcends barriers and a teen definitely are attached deeply to bonds forged than those bestowed by DNA...II seems better equipped temperamental to deal with a troubled teen than her akka and athim...each responding in a manner true to character...road rage and the way the rich and famous get away so typical of India today...my son had come down to attend the Shanthi puja of a friend who died after a road accident and was in coma for a month..
So relatable