Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Kinza tat was a superb analysis of Rizwan's character...every word fitted perfectly...Actually we got an insight into the hard-core terrorist persona of Rizwan in Friday's episode...agreed he loves the Hoodas and also Preet...but when he weighs their love with his love for his mission they are overshadowed by his love for his mission...A very sad turn of events but very well shown...and absolutely true to character...
Actually after watching this turn of events I've lost my faith in Rizwan having a change of loyalties...
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@ Fantasia:
I am Mandy. I am the newest Iqbal fan on the block I think! Just love this guy. He is superbly handsome and hot, and at the same time a terrific actor. It's his expressions and the dialogue delivery always spot on! He nails it each time. From the first scene I saw him in, till now I have never felt un-convinced by this character. The best part is, he plays two characters in one. But he switches to each so effortlessly. Does HE even know which one he really is? Ishaan or Rizwan? Well he is both!

But end of the day, to play an Anti-Hero and succeed in making people love you is tough. See Rizwan's character puts the viewer in moral dilemma from day 1. We love him, but we hate what he does. I think even he hates the betrayal part, but that is part of who he is, and what he has to do! So he has reconciled himself to it. He makes us forget he is living a double life just as easily as he has made the Hooda's and Preet convinced of the same. But we know he is not Ishaan and we know the Hooda's are being fooled but we still root for him inside. THAT is not easy to achieve and I think it's down to the good writing and direction and mostly down to choice of actor and his skill level. No matter how good the writing, if the acting is no good the message is not delivered. Just like even a good actor finds it hard to sell an unconvincing story. But the reveres is more true. A bad actor can't do justice to even a good story. But Iqbal is so fabulous, he elevates the story with his acting! 

I forget he is Iqbal and think he is Ishaan / Rizwan. I only ever felt that convinced with a performance when KVB played Aahil in Qubool Hai. He made the character so real. The same way I feel about Iqbal as IshRiz! :) He's fab! 
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 8 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Mehek25

Kinza tat was a superb analysis of Rizwan's character...every word fitted perfectly...Actually we got an insight into the hard-core terrorist persona of Rizwan in Friday's episode...agreed he loves the Hoodas and also Preet...but when he weighs their love with his love for his mission they are overshadowed by his love for his mission...A very sad turn of events but very well shown...and absolutely true to character...

Actually after watching this turn of events I've lost my faith in Rizwan having a change of loyalties...

Thank you mehak 😃

Yes that is the best part of the episode mehak, no matter how much we hated to see rizwaan being his shrewd, we still end up loving it because that is true to his character. A t the moment his mind is over shadowed by his mission, 

I believe that once he gets to know that his mission was fed to him ovr a lie, that his parents were never killed by India but an independent radical agency, is bound to have a change of heart mehak 😳
Fantasia. thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

@ Fantasia:

I am Mandy. I am the newest Iqbal fan on the block I think! Just love this guy. He is superbly handsome and hot, and at the same time a terrific actor. It's his expressions and the dialogue delivery always spot on! He nails it each time. From the first scene I saw him in, till now I have never felt un-convinced by this character. The best part is, he plays two characters in one. But he switches to each so effortlessly. Does HE even know which one he really is? Ishaan or Rizwan? Well he is both!

But end of the day, to play an Anti-Hero and succeed in making people love you is tough. See Rizwan's character puts the viewer in moral dilemma from day 1. We love him, but we hate what he does. I think even he hates the betrayal part, but that is part of who he is, and what he has to do! So he has reconciled himself to it. He makes us forget he is living a double life just as easily as he has made the Hooda's and Preet convinced of the same. But we know he is not Ishaan and we know the Hooda's are being fooled but we still root for him inside. THAT is not easy to achieve and I think it's down to the good writing and direction and mostly down to choice of actor and his skill level. No matter how good the writing, if the acting is no good the message is not delivered. Just like even a good actor finds it hard to sell an unconvincing story. But the reveres is more true. A bad actor can't do justice to even a good story. But Iqbal is so fabulous, he elevates the story with his acting! 

I forget he is Iqbal and think he is Ishaan / Rizwan. I only ever felt that convinced with a performance when KVB played Aahil in Qubool Hai. He made the character so real. The same way I feel about Iqbal as IshRiz! :) He's fab! 

Hey mandy! welcome to the fan club!

Iqbal is just flawless and PERFECT! He is handsome with gorgeous eyes and he is a terrific actor. You are so right that no matter how awesome the writing is, its the actor that delivers it on screen so he gets a bigger share in the praise. There were scenes which had glaring loopholes but Iqbal just nailed it with his superb  acting that it covered mistakes as well. 

Iqbal is doing wonders with IshRiz! He has mastered every emotional variability of IshRiz to the pro - whether its being the vulnerable baby, the confused person of a hardcore terrorist! 
First of all I agree with Sohini ...What a Sexy Title...!!!

When Hooda's started defending their Apna...Ishaan , He was moved by that jesture , also Guilt's Encapsulation increased...
one by One the family formed a DEEWAR between Ishaan and Shergill ...and protected him (kudos to writer for this Depiction)
But then Rizwaan penetrated through that Wall and Stood High in front of Shergill ...ready to face him , to answer all his Question all Alone ...LIke a Pro Planner ...

We were literally Dumstruck by THIS Rizwaan , such that we for the first time got scared by him ...

Like I mentioned , I Always wanted to see this Rizwan . Now all the  Aatif talks abt Riz being Baba's Fav makes Sense .

Preeys says "Tujh mein Rab Dikhta Hain"...
And We all  saw a Evil that Day...
Is the day far away when Preet too will see this side of Rizwaan...???

And Brilliant Analysis Kinzu...
You guys are such brilliant writers man...👏
Edited by RollingStones - 8 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

First of all I agree with Sohini ...What a Sexy Title...!!!

When Hooda's started defending their Apna...Ishaan , He was moved by that jesture , also Guilt's Encapsulation increased...
one by One the family formed a DEEWAR between Ishaan and Shergill ...and protected him (kudos to writer for this Depiction)
But then Rizwaan penetrated through that Wall and Stood High in front of Shergill ...ready to face him , to answer all his Question all Alone ...LIke a Pro Planner ...

We were literally Dumstruck by THIS Rizwaan , such that we for the first time got scared by him ...

Like I mentioned , I Always wanted to see this Rizwan . Now all the  Aatif talks abt Riz being Baba's Fav makes Sense .

Preeys says "Tujh mein Rab Dikhta Hain"...
And We all  saw a Evil that Day...
Is the day far away when Preet too will see this side of Rizwaan...???

And Brilliant Analysis Kinzu...
You guys are such brilliant writers man...👏

Thank u so much asmita! 😳😳

and that family sccene was brilliantly written and also executed, one by one they all came up and formed a barrier infront of him and then he pushes them all aside and stands infront of shergill unguarded. To answer his questions. 

I loved the fact how he was non dependent for any of his tricks, it was all dnone by him and him alone and that just increased its impact. 

and yes asmita, lets see when does Preet realize that the person who reminds her of God is no where near it! 
Edited by Fantasia. - 8 years ago
I actually like How He dint involed Family in the Matter .
More like .."Kisike Pallu ke piche Chupna nahin chahata tha"..
Dint USED Family as a Shield ...

He was like ..Ajaa Let have Face to Face ..But Dont Involve MY FAMILY into this...

Shows how much He cares for them ...and does not WANT them to fall PREY in THIS Fight...
He does not want to Harm them...

See even If We saw an Evil Rizwaan , the writer still kept ACCHA RIZWAAN Visible (wrapped thou) ...
Edited by RollingStones - 8 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail
EXACTLYY .. the scene was so layered. It was like, he came on this mission alone, yes he is living in thier house but he never used them a a shield or never did he used them to protect him. He did all on its own. 
And the reason he was so moved by their support was because he wasn't expecting it, and wasn't  hoping for it, mtlb us ne is tarahn kabhi socha hi nai k shergill accuse kare ga tu koi support kare ga! he stepped up alone and fought alone. That made that scene so brilliant! 
Exoctica thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mehek25

agreed he loves the Hoodas and also Preet...but when he weighs their love with his love for his mission they are overshadowed by his love for his mission...A very sad turn of events but very well shown

@bold - You verbalized it very well. These were my exact thoughts. But then at the end of the day he does belong to a terrorist gang, and has been brainwashed since childhood. So this is deeply ingrained in him. Hope he finds out the truth before it's too late

Also, at this point he is able to prioritize the mission over the hoodas, because he is able to maintain both. As in he is able to do what is required for the mission keeping the Hoodas at bay (like he did in Friday's episode). But when his cover is blown, then he'll have to choose either his mission or his family. He can't have both then. That will be interesting to see. Then he will have to decide for real whether he loves the mission or the family more.Edited by Exoctica - 8 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail
^^ Very well said girls! .. at the moment he can convienently have both! He can be loyal to his mission and family, but once the truth is out, that is where he will outrightly have to make a choice, and also even if he chooses family, his forgiveness is not guarenteed. All i can say is looking forward!