Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ramsha_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: babur1527

Whoever wrote the Chanakya character was a genius. It's a shame that Indian TV shows don't have more writers like him.

Thanks for reading Ramsha. Will update by Thursday hopefully.

I seriously doubt it was an Indian TV writerπŸ˜† Chankaya's character was the best thing to have ever happened on tv. Manoj ji must have used his old theatre scripts n dialogues coz TV writers are not that intelligent.πŸ˜†

Thanks ! Waiting...πŸ˜› 
babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ramsha_001

I seriously doubt it was an Indian TV writerπŸ˜† Chankaya's character was the best thing to have ever happened on tv. Manoj ji must have used his old theatre scripts n dialogues coz TV writers are not that intelligent.πŸ˜†

Thanks ! Waiting...πŸ˜› 

It is actually sad how close to the truth that possibility is.πŸ˜†

Manoj Ji was brilliant. It's a shame the rest of the actors are not given creative freedom. I guess Pallavi is given some freedom after dragging her through the mud for the entire year. I just saw Dharma's scene today. It was pretty decent. Filmy but good.

I wish someone in the crew quickly realizes how underutilized Bindusar and Radhagupt are.
Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago
Kanchhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh my!  Babur, wow! That's sooo brilliantly written. You should be the head writer/ CV of CAS. You gave a glimpse of RG what we always wanted to see. Superb 
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Holy mother of Babur!!! That was a fantastic read and I absolutely agree with what everyone has said thus far. This RG is awesome.
Dammit PH, fire all the CVs and just hire Babur. He alone shall triumph and make the CAS TRPs skyrocket. Bharat ka Mahan Lekakh ... Babur!

No but seriously, holy shit. Everything was flawless, from the beginning to the end - details, dialogues, descriptions, characters, flow, - everything was top notch and beautiful. 
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kanchhi_

Oh my!  Babur, wow! That's sooo brilliantly written. You should be the head writer/ CV of CAS. You gave a glimpse of RG what we always wanted to see. Superb 

Originally posted by: shyam09

Holy mother of Babur!!! That was a fantastic read and I absolutely agree with what everyone has said thus far. This RG is awesome.

Dammit PH, fire all the CVs and just hire Babur. He alone shall triumph and make the CAS TRPs skyrocket. Bharat ka Mahan Lekakh ... Babur!

No but seriously, holy shit. Everything was flawless, from the beginning to the end - details, dialogues, descriptions, characters, flow, - everything was top notch and beautiful. 

You guys flatter me way too much. Thanks for reading. πŸ˜†

And now enjoy the update. 
babur1527 thumbnail

Chapter 2: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/129744758 

Here is the update. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Chapter 3: The Art of Fighting

It was dawn at the city of Patliputra, the capital of Magadh, whose grandeur right now was shining as brilliantly as the rising sun that was gracing the scenery. Anyone who saw the city from afar could not help but marvel at the magnificence of it. The palace at the hilltop was a symbol of grandeur of the Mauryan Dyansty.

Overlooking the rising the sun on the majestic courtyard  of the palace of Patliputra stood its Samrat, Bindusar Maurya. Behind him were a couple of attendants and a number of well armed retinue of guards. Now was probably the worst time for anyone to attack Patliputra or its Samrat.

Bindusar was doing his usual morning rituals, praying for the well being of his Kingdom, his praja, his family and particularly his son, Ashok.

Ashok was set to depart from Patliputra. For what would be the young Prince's grandest expedition in his life.

Bindusar was reluctant to let Ashok go. He knew how dangerous Keechak was. However, his family and his praja needed him here right now. Especially after what happened the last time he left. He has been hearing rumors about land grabbing. However Maha Amatya Khalnatak had dismissed them as nonsense allegations. And since Acharya Chanakya didn't press the issue any further, and there was no real proof he didn't think too much about it. Bindusar, however completely forgot about it because of the emotional upheaval he went through of almost executing his son.

Now as the warm rays of the sun touched his face he realized what a grave error he made for rushing into that judgment of ordering the execution of Ashok.  He could not understand what possessed him to do it. Did he love his eldest son Sushim that blindly? Or was there something else?

He loved Ashok very much. And he loved Ashok's mother, Dharma very much.

Dharma's behavior had changed ever since he returned from Ujjian. He later found out through Acharya Chanakya that someone had done voodoo on Dharma. Acharya Chanakya...

Thinking about the last few weeks made Bindusar's blood boil.

His own foolish actions that almost destroyed his family.

Noor's betrayal.

Acharya Chanakya's death.

And now Keechak.

Trouble seems to be plaguing Bindusar's life one way or another. He once heard some monk say in one of his distant campaigns in Tosali, the life of a king is a cursed one.

These days he tended to agree. People would think that he was blind to the greed of Charumitra and Noor for making their respective sons his successor. He wasn't.

In the long walks with Subrasi all the years that have passed by, he sought solace from the constant bickering and pandering of the Raniya over his successor.

He was always surrounded by people. Influential people that fought one another for his attention. But in truth Bindusar always felt a loneliness he never could get rid of ever since his mother's death. Atleast until he met Dharma. Whom he thought life had cruelly seized away from him.

The past few months were tumultuous to say the least. But amidst it all there were moments of incomparable joy. Bindusar was reunited with Dharma. And not only that, he found out that he had another son. And this son was none other than the most gifted youth that he had ever seen. Ashok.

The moments he spent with Ashok and Dharma were absolutely blissful amidst all the pandering, bickering and sycophancy. These two people loved Bindusar unconditionally. And he loved them just as much.

Bindusar smiled remembering the tender nights he has been spending with Dharma trying to make up for lost time. Trying to make up for the promise he almost broke.  And now trying to make up for the gravest mistake he almost made.

His smile faded. He felt his temper rising again. He decided to head to the sparring arena to vent some frustration.

In the sparring arena.

The palace guards stood on alert as the Samrat went through the usual exercises. It was early in the morning and the arena was empty. Bindusar diligently went through the steps that he learned from his Acharya when he was young. The Magadh Samrat had to be strong. That is what he was always taught.

Bindusar walked over to where the practice swords were kept. And what he saw instantly calmed him down. It was Ashok walking towards him.

Bindusar smiled as Ashok halted before him and touched his feet. "My putra. You are up early."

Ashok returned the  smile. "Just thought I would spend some time with you before I leave for Taxilla."

Bindusar smile widened. "Of course. So what do you want to do?"

"I would like to spar with you Pitaji." Ashok said grabbing a training sword. Bindusar furrowed his eyebrow as his smile faded.

"Why?" Bindusar asked genuinely confused at this odd request.

"Just because." Ashok said with an ear to ear grin. Bindusar chuckled. What goes on in this boy's head. He thought to himself as he grabbed a sword.

Bindusar and Ashok stood opposite to each other in the sparring arena which was still empty, except for Radhagupt who observed the proceedings from a distance carefully hidden.

Ashok charged at Bindusar fully committing himself. He fainted a thrust before side stepping and leaping into the air. Ashok swung his sword high above his head, prepared to strike with all his might.

Bindusar smiled. Ashok's speed and athleticism always marveled him. It reminded him of his own father. Bindusar casually blocked Ashok's strike and pushed him back. Ashok didn't let up. He charged at an even faster pace.

Bindusar's eyes widened as he realized Ashok was fighting very aggressively. This wasn't just a friendly bout. What prompted this?

Bindusar concentrated as he defended more carefully. Ashok's swings and strikes were flashy and powerful. But it did not cause too much trouble for someone like Bindusar at least.  

Ashok stopped attacking. "Pitaji. I am not holding back. You should not hold back either."

Bindusar remembered the last time he and Ashok sparred. It was more lighthearted. Bindusar was showing faux anger trying to draw out Ashok's strength. When Ashok knocked him down he playfully let Ashok think he succeeded. He wanted to boost the boy's confidence.

But this was different. It seemed almost as if Ashok was goading Bindusar to attack for the kill.

Bindusar now realized the reason for his son's odd request. It almost felt like Acharya Chanakya was behind this.

Alright putra, have it your way.

Ashok leaped high above Bindusar attempting the flashy overhead strike, this time from the Samrat's weaker side. Or so he thought. Ashok saw the flash of the blade and in the next instant he found himself flat on his back.

Radhagupt saw Bindusar swatting away Ashok's strike with ease. The force of Bindusar's block threw Ashok on the ground. Ashok quickly got back up and charged at Bindusar again.

Ashok's strength and reflexes were frighteningly impressive for his age. Even the soldiers of the Magadh Sena had trouble dealing with Ashok. However, Bindusar was not just a soldier. He was the Samrat of Magadh. He was a warrior.

While the first successor of the Mauryan dynasty was not as gifted as the founder, he was a warrior in his own right, as was his elder brother, Rajkumar Justin. Both brothers were equally matched in terms of skill. Justin arguably shaded it. However what made Bindusar the superior warrior of the brothers was not skill. But power.

It wasn't raw power you would often see in brutes often employed by Kingdoms as bodyguards, executioners or shock infantry. It was power that was well honed.

Polished. Cultured.

And matched with the skills taught and nurtured by Chandragupt himself, it was outright frightening.

What Bindusar lacked was ingenuity and intuitiveness, traits of Chandragupt that were growing in the young Ashok.

As good as Ashok was however, he still lacked technique. To a casual observer it may not be apparent, as Ashok's freakish athleticism and his guile compensated for it.

Radhagupt was no warrior. But he had observed fighters, and participated in various skirmishes while on exile with Acharya Chanakya. He had to fend for himself in some instances. He knew how warriors fought. And while Ashok was learning fast, he still had a bit to progress before he could take on the strongest there was. 

Samrat Bindusar was barely moving as he blocked Ashok's powerful swings. Ashok stopped attacking. He looked to Bindusar astounded at the true strength of the Samrat.  He started realizing why Acharya Radhagupt wanted Ashok to fight a Bindusar at full strength. Ashok did not feel disappointed. Or fear. Or anger. Like the times when he fought Sushim or Daastan.

All he was feeling right now was the adrenaline coursing in his body. And pride. Proud that he was the son of such a magnificent warrior.

"What is the matter putra?" Bindusar asked lightheartedly. "Tired already?"

"Not even close." Ashok replied.

"Alright then. Attack." Bindusar urged tightening the grip on his sword.

Radhagupt from afar watched Ashok do just that. This time Bindusar, instead of standing on the defensive charged forward as Ashok swung his sword in a high arc. And in a flash he saw Bindusar halting Ashok's swing by grabbing Ashok's arm and in the next instant he thrust his blade through Ashok's neck.

Radhagupt stood shell shocked for a moment. He sprinted forward not believing his eyes. His shock and dread abated as he realized that the Samrat had only thrust his blade past Ashok's neck. It was pretty close though. Radhagupt heaved a sigh. He should have known better.

Ashok stood frozen as he eyed the blade at the side of his neck. Breathing heavily as sweat trailed down his face. If the timing was just a little off Ashok would be giving his greetings to his late Acharya right now.

"Forgive me, if I frightened you putra." Bindusar said worriedly drawing his sword back. "Sorry I got carried away."

Ashok was staring at his feet.  His mind filled with the images of the sequence that went in the last few moments. His father stopped his attack so easily. Not only that but if it wasn't his father, if it was Keechak instead, he would be dead now.

"Ashok." Bindusar said placing his arm on his son's shoulder. "I didn't mean to break your confidence my son. It is just that that you should know what you are dealing with before you leave for Taxilla."

Ashok looked up at him. His eyes made Bindusar's heart fill with emotion. As a father he really wanted to stop Ashok from going to Taxilla. But as the Samrat of Magadh he had no option.

Deep down Bindusar was hoping his son did not have to fight Keechak. He was hoping the Magadh sena would be adequate enough to protect him. But experience told him otherwise. He knew that if Ashok went to Taxilla, fighting Keechak would be inevitable. If it was inevitable he was going to teach his son an important lesson about fighting that inevitable battle.

"Putra." Bindusar said, "You have been training in the Rajkiya Vidyale for a while now. You have learned a lot in a very short time. However your training is far from complete. I am letting you go to Taxilla. But promise me this." Bindusar said leading Ashok towards the steps at the edge of the sparring arena.

Ashok knew what his father was going to say. He knew it. But he wasn't sure how he will keep that promise.

"If worst comes to worst, no matter what happens you will avoid fighting Keechak directly."

"But how will I liberate Taxilla then father?" Ashok asked, "How will I defeat Keechak if I don't fight him?"

"I didn't say that avoid fighting him." Bindusar sat down on the steps and made Ashok sit next to him.

"Use other ways. Use your soldiers in the best way that you see fit. Overwhelm him with numbers." Bindusar said taking a towel from the attendant. "Use the archery skills that you have been taught. Fight him from a distance. Swords are not the only shastra in warfare. There is more than one way to fight. Do not just rely on your physical tools alone. You are also blessed with a brilliant mind my son. Just think and let the teachings of your Acharya guide you."

Ashok nodded as he understood what his father was trying to convey. Yes in his current state, he may not be strong enough to match Keechak. But he still had the means to defeat Keechak. He just needed to figure out how to use them.

"I understand Pitaji." Ashok said. "Thank you."

Bindusar smiled and hugged his son briefly.

"I know you will succeed." Bindusar said. "Just be careful. You have a lot of expectations to live up to. The happiness of many people depend on you being alive."

Ashok nodded as his father kissed his forehead.

Radhagupt observed the scene before him. If Acharya Chanakya was around, he would be smiling just like him. This is what you worked so hard for Acharya. I won't let your efforts go in vain.

Radhagupt saw Ashok and Bindusar head back to the palace with the attendants and the guards trailing them.

Radhagupt decided to head towards another direction, towards the southern side of the palace where a certain princess resided. He had sent the letter he wrote last night to Ujjain with his most able messenger.

Now that Ashok understood how to fight Keechak, it was time for Radhagupt to secure the means for Ashok to fight Keechak.

And he was going to secure every ally he could get possibly get for Ashok. By any means necessary. It was the Neeti he was ingrained with while Chanakya raised him. It was the Neeti that he will live by as he worked everyday, bit by bit, to make the dream of his Acharya come true.

To be continued...

Leave your thoughts below. 

Chapter 4: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/129990549

Edited by babur1527 - 7 years ago
musicndance2 thumbnail
Superb... Mindblowing...
Ahankara could be used as an ally in the show too...
Kaash...
mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
First things first...I think I am in love with your Radhagupta.

You know I can literally feel  Acharya Chanakya's influence on him and the way you have portrayed it is like a dream come true.

The best thing about your fanfic as I have mentioned before is of course Ashok being no super warrior. In this update you have emphasized on Ashok's agility and sharp mind and instincts while bringing forth his weaknesses in his technique due to lack of experience and longer training.
That was really well done. It makes Ashok more humane and your fic more realistic.

Again thanks for updating...and I did like Bindusar's part too.
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: musicndance2

Superb... Mindblowing...

Ahankara could be used as an ally in the show too...
Kaash...

She is Ashok's ally Shelly. She is just not used well by the CV's. She is the de facto Rani of Ujjain and she should be portrayed as such. Thanks again for taking the time to read.
babur1527 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mistofshadows

First things first...I think I am in love with your Radhagupta.

You know I can literally feel  Acharya Chanakya's influence on him and the way you have portrayed it is like a dream come true.

The best thing about your fanfic as I have mentioned before is of course Ashok being no super warrior. In this update you have emphasized on Ashok's agility and sharp mind and instincts while bringing forth his weaknesses in his technique due to lack of experience and longer training.
That was really well done. It makes Ashok more humane and your fic more realistic.

Again thanks for updating...and I did like Bindusar's part too.

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you like my portrayal of Radhagupt. And Bindusar. I want to explore all the characters as I write the Taxilla track. Hopefully it will remain enjoyable throughout it all. πŸ˜†

Will update soon.😊