New Rules Regarding WL Raises and ATs Return

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello one and all,

I'm sure everyone must be pleased to see that IPK was back after 3 years with Jashn. Unfortunately it seems that with the show, the unrest and forum wars returned as well. With regards to the happenings of the past 2 days, some new measures are being implemented to keep these forum wars at bay.

1. Retaliation/revenge - If you are going to retaliate, then go ahead, but be ready to face a 20% WL raise or higher depending on the severity of the retaliation. It's as simple as that.
  2. Moral policing - Moral policing is strictly against IF rules and yet it seems that some people cannot avoid this. Go ahead. Moral police. And then face a 20% WL raise. It's as simple as that, once again.
  3. Replying to posts you find wrong - If you have a problem with a post, the simple solution is to REPORT IT. Give me or the GMs 24 hours to get to it. By replying to it, you are becoming as much part of the wrong as the first person. And to stop this the following step will be taken. If you spend more than 3 posts replying to the person you feel is instigating a fight, you will face a 20% WL raise. What happens to that person is dependent on the rules. They may not have done anything against rules. They may have simply been posting their opinion.
  4. Bringing in outside forum matters - No pics, no matters, no discussion, nothing pertaining to another show is allowed on the forum unless it's in the AT (see below for more). That's final.

Some general pointers:

1. Biased DT - Yep that seems to be the general consensus here. That if the post is about Barun nothing will happen, but if it's about Sanaya it'll be closed. Wrong. As I and many DT have said before me, REPORT A POST! That's all you have to do. Report it. And then give us 24 hours. I live in Canada. I operate in the EST time zone. That means that when most people are on, I'm asleep. You possibly cannot expect that if you report a post at 3 AM (my time) that I'll close it. So give me 24 hours.
  2. Thanks - Thanks to all those members in all the threads who do not take part in these fights or wars. And apologies that sometimes you'll have to sift through pages upon pages of fights just to get to the good posts. But don't just sift through them. Report them. Even one report on one post will bring the entire thread to my attention.

And now finally, some good news. Sanaya and Barun ATs are being permitted in the forum again! Of course this time with stricter and more tighter rules. So members feel free to PM me if you would like to open the AT. And please follow these rules:

1. Only discuss the actor and his/her characters and shows. Do NOT bring other actors, characters, or shows into the discussion.
  2. If someone attempts to start a war in the AT, do not reply to it else the above rules will apply! Report it!
  3. It is the duty of the AT admin to ensure that members in the AT are adhering to general AT rules and these AT rules at all times. If an AT admin is simply coming to open the ATs, then the admin duties will be taken from him/her and handed to someone active in the AT.
  4. AT warnings will apply as follows:
    1st warning - 24 hour shut down
    2nd warning - 72 hour shut down
    3rd warning - AT will be closed completely
  5. The DT will only shut down the AT after reviewing the AT. Once a full note is posted explaining why the AT is shut down then the clean-up will start, but at least members will be aware why the AT was shut down.
Barun AT - permission granted
Sanaya AT - open

I hope sincerely that forum members can attempt to work together or at least work in their own silos with these new rules so that everyone may feel welcome and may be able to take part in discussions.

Regards,

Shreya
IPK DT