CID

Hrishikesh Pandey Birthday Contest - Cluedo (Results + G2 Option Open)

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Welcome everyone. My name is ACP Shreya. CID is being investigated and all you Sachins out there (as in the participants) have been chosen to conduct the murder investigation. That's right. One of the CID officers has committed a murder and I need to know who, with which weapon, and in which thread. You have been cleared, Sachin, because you were with me discussing your undercover work before you joined CID. Now instead of bringing in another group to investigate, I thought it best if you investigated CID on your own.

Now leaving that aside, here's what you have to do.

First of all, all of you have been provided some cards in PM form. Keep these safe. They are important and if you lose them or show them to anyone, then you might end up losing out. ðŸ˜‰

There will be 2 games being played at all times. Each person will play individually, but the 2 separate groups are as below. You will be playing in your group only. The 2 games are separate! So the answers will be different as well! Do not rely on the other group's answer to get your answer!

1.       Sukanya_Dutta

2.       ShirishaTeddy

3.       PrincessAish

4.       pappais

5.       Abhisheking

6.       Hiral1

1.       ANGELICEYES

2.       -Reshu16-

3.       -Dysfunctional-

4.       aditya_anjaana

5.       gadhadada

Here's how the game works.

Trade cards - Each participant can trade one card at a time with any other participant. Now there are some rules around this:
  1. You can only trade with one person at a time. So if Angel is trading with Rifah, no one else can trade with Rifah or Angel. Once their trade is done, then they are open to trade with others. Participants are free to ask for anything from other participants in exchange for cards. That is, if Angel wants Sumi to make a siggy for her she can ask for it in exchange for showing a card.
  2. Trading can only occur in PMs. But the talk about the trade has to happen in this thread. No discussion, no trade. So if Angel wants to trade with Sukanya, she has to say that here and Sukanya has to accept.
  3. You must trade with each participant equally and in order. So if Angel trades with Rifah, Sukanya, Abhisheking, and so on, then the order must remain the same the second time around and the third time around and so on.
  4. If someone does not reply to your PM within 24 hours of you sending it, let me know and I will reveal a card of theirs and send them a card of yours. This way the game can continue for you and whenever that person comes back it can continue for them. So if Reshu sends a PM to Rifah and Rifah doesn't reply within 24 hours, Reshu can tell me and I'll send Reshu a card from Rifah's collection and vice versa so that Reshu can continue playing.
  5. After every 3 trades, the participant must post something that celebrates Hrishikesh Pandey's birthday. It can be anything you like as long as it's something that can be used in the birthday thread. Participants cannot conduct any trades until they post this. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified. Whether or not something is used is up to Rifah. Remember it can be anything: siggy, avi, icon, a message, a VM, a poem, a story, a few sentences praising Sachin or Hrishikesh Pandey, etc.
Post your suggestion - If you think you know which officer used which weapon in which thread, then post it. I will let you know if you are right or wrong. If you are right the game ends and you are declared the winner. If you are wrong, you will no longer be able to post suggestions. As in you're out of the game. You then have the option of posting all your cards or continuing to trade except you can't ask for anything. You have to show a card if someone asks for it.

Now there are 11 officers, 7 weapons, and 15 threads in total. But, of course, 1 of each is with me as the final result. Which means you need to collect a total of 10 officers, 6 weapons, and 14 threads. The list is as follows:

11 officers

1. ACP Pradyuman
  2. Daya
  3. Abhijeet
  4. Freddy
  5. Purvi
  6. Shreya
  7. Nikhil
  8. Pankaj
  9. Vansh
  10. Jaywanti
  11. Mayur

7 weapons

1. Thumb
  2. Playing Yo Yo Honey Singh song
  3. Simple math
  4. Forcing to watch Himmatwala and Humshakals alone
  5. Typing death
  6. Clock
  7. Curtain

15 threads

1. CID Update Archive 2015
  2. CID Archive Mansion
  3. General Discussion No.53
  4. Active Members List
  5. Hrishikesh Pandey AT
  6. CID Concept and Cast
  7. Women in CID AT
  8. Happy Birthday Gaurav Khanna
  9. Dare 2 Challenge: CIDians Jump Into the Anniversary Bandwagon
  10. Story Contest 6: No Rules
  11. Forensic Quiz 2013
  12. Culprit of the Week # 20
  13. Shatir Lekhak Contest
  14. Book Written by Narendra Gupta
  15. CID on KBC 2014

Finally this contest is about having fun. So let your hair down, get your creative caps on, and get me the results asap!

This game will run until Dec. 9th, 2015 11:59 PM IST. If by then there is no result, then the result will be posted. Additionally, if everyone enjoys the game and asks for more we will play more. All I have to do is "shuffle" the cards, send out new cards, and start the game again. If one or two people want to leave the game, that is fine as well. As long as there are 3 or more people wanting to play we'll continue the game.

Questions or concerns? Post them here. The game does not begin until November 12th 11:59 PM IST so to give everyone time to read the rules and understand them properly. I will send out cards just before the game begins.

So get ready, get set, and go!

*Credit for all tags and cards goes to Shikha (.StarryPhoenix.)*
Edited by CT_Shreya - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Rifah (aditya_anjaana) is making the birthday thread for Hrishikesh Pandey. Please send her your gifts and wishes by 6th December 11:59 PM IST with the title "HP Birthday Wishes" or "Hrishikesh Pandey Birthday Wishes".

Edited by CT_Shreya - 8 years ago
ANGELICEYES thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shreya di, how will we find out the culprit? Will we get clues in those threads you mentioned? How many times we can trade cards? When will you pm us cards?Edited by ANGELICEYES - 8 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
^ The culprit, the weapon, and the thread are whatever cards you have left over. So you have 33 cards altogether. Out of that when you start checking them off with the cards you have and the cards you are shown by others, you will have 3 cards that you cannot account for. That is the answer.

Those threads are where the "murders" could have happened.

You can trade as many times you want. Either until you have an idea of the answer or until someone else solves the mystery.

I'll PM you the cards after November 12th 11:59 PM IST. I'm giving that much time to let people ask questions.
Minionite thumbnail
Let me explain how Clue usually works.

So usually there are 3 or more players. There are 6 people, 6 weapons, and 9 rooms. This is a board game so you have to first enter a room by rolling the dice and moving spots. The room you enter is the room you have to use when you ask the person to your left to show a card. So usually you would say something like "do you have Mr. Green with the knife in the ballroom". I have to say ballroom because that's the room I'm in. The person to my left checks. If they don't have any of those cards, they say no and then you move onto the next person and so on. If no one has any of those cards then that's your answer, but if a person has more than one card, they only show you one. You continue like this until you hone in on one person with one weapon in one room. Players who have been playing the game for a while can usually guess after a certain number of cards, else you continue until you narrow it down.

Here we can't obviously roll a dice or move to different rooms, so I changed it up a bit. The basic premise is still the same. You have to narrow the list down by looking at other people's cards to get to the answer. But in this case the people are CID officers, the weapons are all weird things, and the rooms are threads. And instead of rolling dice and moving to rooms, you need to give other members what they want and after every 3 trades you need to post something for Hrishikesh sir.
Abhisheking thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CT_Shreya

So usually you would say something like "do you have Mr. Green with the knife in the ballroom".

How to know if I want Mr. Green with a knife in the ballroom? Is it something like guessing or there is some post or clue regarding that in the threads mentioned?

Also,what will be there in the card? Some clue or simply of no use? umm...like the culprit is the one with a beard?

And...we are divided in two teams, so each team will have two different game?

We can trade with anyone,right? Trade should be in PMs, and it should also be posted here? If the person shows a card,he can ask anything in return?

Finally, if someone finds out the three things,what is he supposed to do?
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abhisheking

How to know if I want Mr. Green with a knife in the ballroom? Is it something like guessing or there is some post or clue regarding that in the threads mentioned?

Also,what will be there in the card? Some clue or simply of no use? umm...like the culprit is the one with a beard?

And...we are divided in two teams, so each team will have two different game?

We can trade with anyone,right? Trade should be in PMs, and it should also be posted here? If the person shows a card,he can ask anything in return?

Finally, if someone finds out the three things,what is he supposed to do?

No, no. Here it's CID officers, weapons, and threads as the rooms. The cards are actually one of these. So a card could look something like these:

Your task is to collect all the cards by trading through PMs with the people in your group and only your group. Once you have 30 cards, the remaining 3 are the answer. So you could end up with something like Daya with the thumb in the CID Update Archive 2015. That is the answer that you have to post here saying "Group A's answer is...".

The only thing that needs to be posted here regarding trades is that Angel I'm trading with you. After every 3 trades you post something related to HP's birthday and then continue trading until you have the answer, so that means after the 3rd, 6th, 9th, and so on trade.

Again if you find the three things, post them here. And if it's right you win. If not you're out of the game for this time around.
Minionite thumbnail
All cards have been sent and the game can now begin! Do let me know if there are any issues or concerns.
ANGELICEYES thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Out of 33 cards each of us have got 6 cards..so we have to trade away our all cards with team members and collect 30 different cards in total by the end of the game, am I right or am I right? 😛
Minionite thumbnail
^ You are right and you are right. Then you have to post the answer (as in the other 3 cards) here. So I posted a list on the first post. You should have one officer, one weapon, and one thread missing. That's the answer. ðŸ˜‰