Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

imagine43 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: metoyou

A very nice start of something great. Fantastic job Imagine! Looking forward to read more :)

Thank you!! Hrithik (different one now)
hamna19khan thumbnail

Originally posted by: imagine43

I hope I dont disappoint you with the face off.

I am sure u won't. U r an amazing writer and I can trust you on that ๐Ÿ˜Š
Please update soon.
MansurKhan56 thumbnail

Beautiful take on the story๐Ÿ‘ I love these changes๐Ÿ˜Š

Waiting to read Neira face-off, Please update soon๐Ÿ˜ƒ
neiralove thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautiful, lovely, amazing, fantastic, I'm running out of words!

I loved your first story and this one was somehow even better! I can't wait to see what you come up with next for Neil and Ragini's first meeting. And the couples night will surely be interesting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for this lovely story and please update soon dear!
imagine43 thumbnail
Oh Man!! I thought I could buy time by being nice and replying individually to all the wonderful people who left a comment, but I was wrong.. I would be nicest to them by posting an update. 
So here it is..

Part 2 - No face off yet..

5pm Hospital
Dr Neil K walks in, with a kingly stance, looking as handsome as ever. His suit giving him the perfect look for a world renouned cardiologist. Dr Aman welcomes him at the door and expresses how glad he is to have Dr Neil here. Dr Neil also thanks him for having him.. 
Without wasting another minute, Dr Aman takes him on a tour of the hospital, explaining about all the features and facilities. On the tour, Dr Neil appreciates the initiative they taken to perform free surgeries and they working with NGOs.. "commendable effort", he says. Dr Aman, thanks him for offering to help out and Dr Neil says he will do his best. They also have short introductions with Dr Devika and Dr Pallavi before ending the tour on the last cabin. "This is our admin head Ms.Patel's cabin. she had a small personal emergency and had to rush home today, hence was not able to welcome you. She will be working with you most of the time when you are here." 
His heart skips a beat on hearing the name Ms.Patel, "could it be?" he thinks.. then quickly shakes off thought with, "its been too long, what am I even thinking.." and continues the conversation:
Dr Neil: Dr Aman, thank you for the tour, you have a very nice hospital.
Dr Aman: Thank you Dr Neil. (After a bit of hesitation..) There was another request I wanted to make.. Tomorrow evening we are celebrating 10th anniversary of our hospital and it would be an honour to have you there. As a matter of fact we have deliberately planned it when you are here, so we can take this opportunity to introduce everyone to you and make you feel more comfortable. It will be more of a socializing event. We are having food and drinks and our staff has planned on some fun games, 2 people will pair up for a dance and then dumb charades. The winning pair will be awarded too. 
Dr Neil: thats great Dr Aman. But I am not really a party guy. And even if I decide to attend, I dont have a partner.
Dr Aman: Dont worry about that Dr Neil. We have already picked our partners and Ms Patel has picked you as her partner
Dr Neil (confused): thats weird, she doesnt even know me
Dr Aman: yes I know...I am not sure what she was thinking, but she chose you. She is the best employee here and may be she felt this was the best way to start building a rapport with you for the work that lay ahead. 
Dr Neil (with a professional smile): I will try my best to make it, not to disappoint anyone. but no promises. I might be late and may not stay for the whole thing. I will let you know
Dr Aman: No problem.. your presence is all that matters.
Dr Neil: There are 2 more things I wanted to discuss. I will need a cabin here and what about the secretory I had requested for.
Dr Aman (had completely forgotten about the secretory, in the midst of all the hustle bustle): Yes Dr Neil, you can pick any of the empty cabins we have, There are 2 available, one of them is right here (pointing to the cabin adjacent to Ms Patel's cabin). And as for the secretary, Ms Patel will take on the responsibility. She will assist you with everything. (He just said it..Ragini had no clue)
Dr Neil: Sounds good. I will take this cabin. Now if I can get the files, I will not waste any more of your time.
Dr Aman: Yes they are in Ms Patel's cabin, let me get them
Just then a nurse comes in and informs Dr Aman that there is an emergency. Dr Neil asks Dr Aman to go ahead and says he will pick up the files himself.
Dr Aman leaves.. and Dr Neil walks into Ms.Patel's cabin

There is a sudden sense of familiarity as he enters the cabin. He walks around the desk, carefully noticing every little thing that is in the cabin. The scribbling on the notepad, the way pen sits across it, the way the files are arranged, the little peices of art on the wall, the picture frame with 2 teenage kids on the desk.. everything is strangely familiar. This is the first time he is here, but still it feels like he knows this place. He tries best to deny his heart's voice that says "This is her, this cannot be anyone else, its all her style, its her written in every little thing here. "Could it be?", "yes.. this is her..I know it". He then picks up the name plaque on the table that says "Ms Ragini Patel". Almost instantly, his fingers reach for the name on it, carassing letters of "Ragini" with atmost care. "I am sure that this cannot be anyone else other than my Ragini"..his heart exclaims.
"My Ragini?" his mind retorts,  "what am I even thinking? Its been 15 long years. God knows where she might be, I havent cared to check. Even if it is her, her life could be so much different now, she might not even remember me, she may be re-married, she may have more kids than 2. But the picture.." He picks up the picture and takes a closer look at it.. Pointing to the girl, he silently says "this must be my princess Nishi, she is so pretty and this handsome guy must be Aarav. They are so big now, I can hardly recognize them". A tear appears at the corner of his eye. His mind instantly stops him from entering the unknown territory of emotions, "What are you doing, you are Dr Neil K.. pick up the files and get out, Dr Neil K has no emotions or attachment. Profession is all that matters and is the most important thing! You are here for work and should just be doing that.". 
Agreeing with is mind, he goes to pick up the files.. He notices the sticky note on top that reads , "For Dr Neil K". This brings back the memories of the lost days, where they used to write notes to each other when they were leaving home and leave them in the ost common areas that they knew other would visit. He picks up the note and with a smile and slight nodding he whispers "Ragini and her notes..". He is surprised at his own smile. Even after all these years, just the thought of her manages to bring on a smile. He doesnt even remember when was the last time he had smiled with heart. 

He decides to leave a reply with 2 notes..
On one note, he writes: "Ms Patel, thank you for the files. Looking forward to working with you -Dr Neil K"
On the other- "Thank you for choosing me as your partner.. hope we as pair, will rock!! -(smiley face)" 

He picks up the files and leaves.. to his surprise with a smile and a wierd sort of contentment that he had not experienced in all these years.

Night 10pm: Patel residence
As Ragini sat there on her bed, sobbing and thinking hard what she more can do for the kids, where is she lacking?, her phone rings with Dr Aman's name flashing on it. She quickly wipes her tears and picks up. After the usual greeting to each other and making sure that she wasnt sleeping..
Dr Aman: I called you to tell you that Dr Neil was here. He has picked up the files. Thanks for arranging everything... He has chosen the cabin adjacent to yours, so we will have to get that ready for him. Also, he asked about the secretary..
Ragini: Oh no, we had decided to hire a temporary secretary, but we completely forgot.
Dr Aman: I know, I told him, that you will be his secretary..
Ragini: Sir, how could you?
Dr Aman: I just said it now. if you are not willing, then I can go back and tell him tomorrow. 
Ragini: If we go back, then it will look very bad Sir. I will manage.. dont worry.
Dr Aman: thank you, thank you Ragini.. One more thing, Dr Neil is not an englishman and not old like you had thought. He is very handsome and looks quite young, he told me that he is originally from Mumbai and is well versed in hindi. (and laughs). He was  surprised that you picked him as your partner for tomorrow's function.
Ragini (with an I dont care much, why are you describing him attitude): Ok sir. I look forward to meeting him tomorrow.
Dr Aman:  he said, he will try to make it to the function and will not be coming in before that.. so you may meet him there.
Ragini: Ok Sir. Good night
Dr Aman: Good night. Come early tomorrow, so we can finish up the last minute preparations..
Ragini: ok sir. Bye.

Ragini then walks out of her room to check on her kids. She looks at Aarav. He is sleeping, but looks very disturbed and tired with all the bruise marks on his face. It makes her sad and more worrisome seeing him in that state. She then walks over to Nishi's room. Nishi is still awake and looks very distressed..
Ragini: Nishi beta, you havent slept, you seem to be very disturbed. Whats the matter?
Nishi: Its ok Maa.. nothing important..
Ragini insists..
Nishi: ok Ma Its this guy in my college.. We have known each other for quite some time.. and we are in love. 
Ragini (quite  angry): Nishi, this is your age to study and there is a lot of time later for love. Friendship is ok, but love? I didnt expect this from you..
Nishi (sobbing and angry): I knew it Ma, this will be your reaction.. thats why I had hidden this from you for the last 2 years. I would not have told you even now, but you insisted and pretended to understand. Anyways, the actual problem is not the guy or that we are in love, but its a small trip that we planned to go on. I know that you will never let me go.. I was an idiot to even hope. I wish Dad was here, he would definitely understand and give me the space I expect.
Ragini (very angry and fuming): Trip? thats just crazy. and Dad? both of you seem to think that he would solve your problems, do you even know what kind of a man he was? He hasnt turned back even once, to at least check if we are dead or alive in the last 15 years.. and you think he will care about your problems?
Nishi: As far as we have heard from Nani, we think he is a very good person. And what you said that he hasnt turned around to check, We can say the same thing about you, have you tried to check how your other 2 kids are doing, whether they are alive or..
Ragini (shouting): Nishi!!! (silence) (After controlling her tears and calming down): Dekho beta, As a mother, I am just trying to be careful and protect you both from the world out there, thats all. To keep you safe, (with a stern voice) if I have to take away your space, then I will, If I have to shut you up, I will, If I have to say no (even if I know it hurts you), then I will... 
Saying that she walks out of Nishi's room 
Nishi (with hatred): As usual.. Mom thinks she is always right!! We have been having these arguments since ever and not once has Mom accepted that she is wrong. I wish some one could show her a mirror.

Ragini enters her room, and closes the door shut. 
She cries hard for separating her kids from their dad and depriving them of Dad's love. That is one guilt, she can never been able to overcome or reason out. She was the one who had asked for the divorce and he had given it,  it was her decision to split the kids, letting Ranbir and Aagam to go with their dad. It was what she thought was best at that time of turmoil. She always managed to find a weak justification for her divorce but failed to find any for depriving kids of the love of the other parent. That night, It had come up twice, both of them begging for that love. She stood by the window and silently said "Nachiket, I wish you were here. The kids are missing you, they really really need you. They feel that their Dad can solve all the problems that they think their mom is unable to. I wish that you could come once for Aarav and Nishi and speak to them, before they go weak and loose hope. Only you, their dad can bring them back and give them the strength that they need to go on.."

She sobs for a long time, at the impossibility of her wish coming true.. She, then tries to find answers by dreaming of all the things that would happen, if he were to suddenly come. What would he have done differently? Dreaming of the good times (that were possible in dreamland)... she dozes of to sleep.

Dr Neil's hotel room:
Dr Neil sits on the chair in front of a small coffee table with a mug full of hot coffee in one hand and Ragini's note in the other, deeply engrossed in thoughts..

TO Be continued..

Part 3: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4501698?pn=7

Edited by imagine43 - 8 years ago
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Imagine! 
WOW!! 

So much tension in this meeting (anticipated of course) - cannot wait for the time they come face to face and end up dancing together in that hospital celebration. It is definitely going to be a sizzling affair..how long will she be immune to her devilishly handsome ex-husband's charms? <3 

Please write the next bit soon!

Thanks for writing :D
loveleen3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh! This is so freaking awesome! :D
They have this intense chemistry with each other even when they are not together. I envy them sometimes. :D
And you brought this up beautifully! Can not wait for the next part! Write soon! :D
Satrupa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Imagine๐Ÿค— You're a Brilliant writter!!๐Ÿ‘โญ๏ธ  ufff ol these lines...

His heart skips a beat on hearing the name Ms.Patel, "could it be?" he thinks..

He then picks up the name plaque on the table that says "Ms Ragini Patel". Almost instantly, his fingers reach for the name on it, carassing letters of "Ragini" with atmost care. "I am sure that this cannot be anyone else other than my Ragini"..his heart exclaims.

He picks up the note and with a smile and slight nodding he whispers "Ragini and her notes..". He is surprised at his own smile. 

OMG  how cld u manage to do dz?? i mean, whenever i read ur OS, either it cld b dz 1 or prev 1, d way u portrayed NeiRa's love and feelings for each other makes me completely lost in *NeiRa land* N it gave me goosebumps.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Plsss Do Update Asap!! ๐Ÿ˜†
hamna19khan thumbnail
Ohk now suddenly I want Balaji to remake IKNMP with this story, I don't know but there is a sudden connection it feels so real, I really want to see this happening, this is so professional I must say.

And this seems more realistic than the one we got in the show, I loved the way you described his emotions when he realises that it's his Ragini's cabin and the way he said "My Ragini" oh wow just beautiful.

She accepting the fact that keeping the kids apart from their dad was a mistake and they need him now is great.

Can't wait for the face off I am sure it's gonna be amazing.

Superb update imagine. Please update the next part a bit soon because I seriously can't wait. :)
shri123 thumbnail
wow  really story is picking up.   I loved how n  come to know it is his Ragini.  Even after 15 years he remembers each and every thing of her.  just  waiting for their face off and their  couple competition. How they are going to participate.  Thanks imaging for your awesome update.๐Ÿ˜Š