SS: Meeting after 15 years (Pt 14-Pg 58 - 13/2)

imagine43 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello all,
here I am starting on my 2nd OS, which is completely different from my first one. I hope that in these last few days of the show, this OS takes you to the beginning and refreshes your memory to revive iknmp in your minds.

All the characters are the same as they are on the show. I have introduced 2 new characters here, Dr Pallavi and her husband, who work in the same hospital as Ragini and Dr Aman.

Feedback welcome.. One word of feedback also makes a difference...
Thanks

Part 1

Nirmala Devi hospital has been trying to get internationally acclaimed and after all the years of hardwork they are now just one step away. The Admin Head, Ragini Patel has worked very hard, day and night to get them this far. A senior doctor from the international board will now be visiting them to assess the facility before issuing the acclaimation. Dr Aman and Ragini have been constantly on call with the board, preparing all the necessary paperwork to expedite the last step. Finally the day arrives when the board informs them that the doctor has made himself available and has agreed to visit India in a week. They are told that the world renouned cardiac surgeon will be, assessing their hospital on various grounds. His secratory will be contacting them for further planning.

Ms. Patel's phone rings at 11:30pm when she is still working in the hospital, a sweet voice from the other side greets her. I am Dr Neil's secretory and am finalizing the plans for his visit. He will be arriving a week from now, will that work for you Mam? 
Ms. Patel: Yes ofcourse
Secretory: He will be there for 2 weeks, I will be faxing the complete agenda for 2 weeks. 
Ms. Patel: That sounds great. I wanted to check if he will be available for any surgeries? Our hospital is having its 10th year anniversary and we are planning to provide free surgeries to the poor. We are working with NGO's here and have already received a lot of requests. So, if he is willing to help out, then we might be able to cross our current target. His expertise will make a huge difference to our hospital and our goal.
Secretory: That sounds like a great step your hospital is taking. Dr Neil will be more than happy to assist with surgeries, he has done it before on trips like this. The patients files should be kept ready before hand and he will be picking up the day before he begins duty. 
Ms. Patel: We will be ready.
Secretory: He is going to have a very tight schedule and everything needs to go on according to the plan
Ms.Patel : we will assure that it will.
Secretory: Just so you know. Dr.Neil is very through and will not tolerate any kind of errors. He has been constantly working for the past 15 years without taking any kind of personal time. Work is his first priority come what may. He is extremely professional and he expects the people he works with to be on par. 
Ms. Patel: Thank you for the  information, we will try our best to maintain the expected standards and not to disappoint Dr.Neil.
Secretory: Any other questions.
Ms.Patel: Can I reach you on this number? what would be the best times? 

Their conversation ends after Ms Patel gets the basic contact info and they thank each other.

The very next day they recieve the details of Dr.Neils visit. They are amazed at how detailed and thorough it is. It reads as below.

Tuesday: Dr Neil will land at 12pm. Taxi has been arranged to pick him up and drop him at the hotel. <hotel address>. At 5pm he will visit the hospital and pick up the hospital documents and files related to the surgeries.
Wednesday: taking time to relax from the long flight and prepare.
Thursday - Saturday: He will be perform 2 surgeries one at 8am and the other at 2pm. He will be working as long as the work need to be finished. You will have to arrange for his transportation to and from hotel.
Sunday: his time off, he has requested not to schedule surgeries.
Monday - Saturday: He will be at hospital working. However he has requested to leave early on Friday, as he has some important work outside hospital.
Sunday -  he will be taking the flight back to US.
He will get all the meetings related to assessment scheduled on the first day of the work.

He will be submitting his report after he returns and you will hear from the board in 8-10 days after submission. I will inform you when the report will be submitted.

Dr.Neil has requested for a Secretory in India for these 2 weeks. He prefers a medically knowledgable person, who can assist him medically and help with his stay in India.

---End---

Dr Aman and Ragini are excited about the visit and dont want to leave any stone unturned in preparation. They also have the hospital's 10th anniversary coming up and are making plans for a party to celebrate it. And they have one week to prepare for both.

Dr Aman, Ragini, Dr Devika and Dr Pallavi are having coffee and discussing ideas:
Dr.Devika: For the 10th Anniversary celebrations we should arrange some games and a couple dance and we should have prizes for the best couple
Dr Aman: thats a great idea, we should do that.. Devika you make detailed plans.. Lets pick our couples
Dr.Devika: I pick you Dr Aman, Since I havent found anyone else yet and I dont want to be left without a couple.
Dr. Aman: Done.. we are going to rock!
Dr Pallavi: My husband.. I dont think I have much of a choice.
Dr.Aman: Ragini who do you want go with?
Ragini: I am really not interested in all of these. the "couple" crap. I think I will stay out.. 
After being forced by others not be a spoil sport.. finally she agrees
Ragini: I think, I will go with Dr Neil, its a win win - either he will not come as he is does not seem to be party man, or he must be an old man in 60s or he is an englishman who doesnt understand hindi.. for any of these reasons I will be saved from all your games and dancing..
Dr Devika: All the best..its going to be like a blind date..
Ragini with a winning smile, I will just watch the show..
Dr Aman: Done... this sounds good, I will ask others in the hospital to also pick their partners 
saying that gets up and he walks away.. 

With 3 girls left, the girl chat starts:

Dr Devika: I hope a handsome dashing man walks into the door right now and asks me for coffee..
the other 2:  you say that every day and no one walks in..
Dr Devika: you both discourage me the same way everyday, its because of you both that I havent found that guy yet. Anyways.. Dr Pallavi how is your life going?
Dr Pallavi: Same thing yaar.. its been 3 years since marriage and there is no romance left between us. I try new things every day but nothing seems to work. My husband loves me but there is no fire, its so boring.. Please give me some ideas that will make the night for me.. Devika, I've tried all your ideas but no success.. Ragini, you would have been in this situation before, give me some tips..
Ragini's previous romantic life flashes by her mind, the hugs, the kisses, the wrapping of his hands from the back, his whispers in her ear, his warm breath on her neck.. Somehow romance was never difficult for them, he was like that.. just his presence used to change the mood..
A small smile was creeping on to her face when Devika snaps her finger: kahan kho gayi
Ragini comes back to reality (sounding very annoyed): I hate these things.. the words love and romance signify nothing but pain. I am leaving!!
Devika to Dr Pallavi: She does this all the time, I dont know what happened in her past.. What kind of man her husband must have been that he gave her so much pain. None of us know about her past, all we know is she has 2 children. Could he have left her? or she left him or may be he is dead..
She shrugs her shoulder and they get back to work..

The next one week is very hectic for everyone.. planning the free surgeries, preparing for assessment, organizing the party all going on at the same time. Everyone is putting in extra hours..

Tuesday, Dr Neil's arrival day: Dr Neil is going to make an introductory visit today at 5pm:
Dr.Aman: Ragini, Dr Neil is arriving today, do you have everything ready? I will be busy with the NGO's and the arrangement of free surgeries, you have to take complete care of the assessment procedure. I will be there for assisstance, but its your responsibility. You know this hospital the best, you should be able to handle it
Ragini: yes Sir, I have everything ready. Dont worry, I will take care of it. All the files for Dr Neil are stacked up in my cabin.
Given how methodical and proper, Ragini was in her work.. It was no surprise that she had kept everything ready by noon.

At 3pm
Ragini receives a call from home. Nishi is on the phone..
Nishi: "Ma, Aarav"..
Ragini: "What happened to Aarav?"
Nishi: He is fine Ma, but he fought with a couple of kids down the road and they have beaten him up
Ragini (very concerned and worried): Is Aarav ok?
Nishi: Yes Ma he is, just a couple of bruises on the face.. But he is very upset and hasnt eaten anything
Ragini: I will come home right away..

Ragini, consults with Dr Aman, who says that he will handle everything when Neil arrives. Ragini puts all the files together and puts a note on them "To, Dr Neil" and leaves worried in a hurry..

At Ragini's home:
Aarav is sitting on the table, upset tierd and all bruised. Nishi, Nani and Sunny are standing around. Ragini rushes in and runs to him
Ragini: "Kaise ho beta? Kyon jhagda karte ho, un gali ke ladkon ke saath?" 
Aarav (controlling his tears): "It was not my fault Ma. They beat me up for no reason.. I feel like a loser not able to give back to them"
Ragini: "tumhe unke muh lagna hee nahi chahiye tha."
Aarav: "Ma mujhe bahot gussa aa raha hai un per.. chalo ma, lets go and bash those boys.. jaake char baatein sunake aate hai"
Ragini (angry at his words..) : No Aarav that is wrong.. we should just stay away from such people.
Aarav (disappointed): "Kya ma. you say that all the time, not once have you stood up for me. Even if they beat me up, you dont want to say anything to them, you are still blaming me for this..you have never understood me"
Ragini (angry but still trying to convince): Aisa kuch nahi hai, you are misunderstanding..
Aarav (cutting her off): Kya misunderstanding Ma.. I know, if Nishi was in my situation, you would have gone to those guys and stood up for her. Warned them about their actions.. but since its me, you dont want to do it..you have been treating me like this since childhood. I dont know what joy you get by making me a loser.. Kaash PAAPA hote..
Saying that..he walks off to his room, sobbing..
Nishi (instantly): I agree.. agar paapa hote toh hame samajhte.
The word "paapa" striked Ragini in her heart. Aarav had never mentioned paapa before. Although he wanted to on many such occassions, but he understood that his mom would be hurt if he did. But today he had blurted it out.. Ragini was hurt in the deepest sense with myrid emotions flooding her heart. The guilt of breaking their family, keeping the kids away from their dad, the anger on Nachiket for what he had done, the disappointment for he had never turned back to look how they were doing, the hatred for he never cared..
She clenched her fist hard to stay strong and not break down. But she just couldnt hold it this time. She broke down and started crying..
Sunny went and got Aarav from his room, to show him what he had done.
Sunny (this is similar to what it was in the episode): This lady has done all the sacrifices for you both, she has struggled all her life to make you what you are today and this is what you give her.. For the past 15 years, she has been living only for you both, putting all her needs and wants behind, her world has always been you 2. Tell me Ragini Tai, when was the last time you lived for yourself, you laughed a hearty laugh, you looked in the mirror to admire your self, you left your hair free and pampered your self. Do you even remember? I dont..
These 2 will never understand what it is like to bring up 2 kids and support the family single handedly.. you 2 are a shame..
Ragini (wiping her tears off): Bas Sunny Tai, today I have really understood my kids. I was thinking they are really happy and I had given them the best upbringing.. but looks like I have failed..
Saying that she walks off to her room and closes the door behind her and cries her heart out.
After her tears dry up.. she stands by the window thinking.. "Nachiket I miss you, its times like these where I and the kids really need you. I wish you were here to support me and to make the kids understand... (disappointment and bitter events of past creep in) but you know what, we have survived without you all these years and we will in the future. If you dont need us then we also dont need you. After cheating on me and my true love, you are not even worth thinking off.. let alone missing. I hate you Nachiket for doing this to us even after 15 years..." 
Not that this was the first time she was thinking about him, almost everyday Nachiket came to her, after she closed those doors behind her.. she would think of all the good times they had.. smile for a second and then curse him and hate him. She still loved him as ardently as she did 15 years ago, her feelings for him had not changed, he was fresh in her mind as if they were together yesterday, he was the only one in her life then, now and ever.. but she tried to convert all her love into hatred to keep her going without him. She had convinced her mind that he is not worth her love. But her heart always brought him up one way or the other.

5pm Hospital:

Dr Neil K walks in...

TO Be Continued

Part 2: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4501698?pn=4
Edited by imagine43 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AsEnAth thumbnail
Wow thats so amizing start๐Ÿ‘cant wait for neil and ragini face of plzzz update as soon as you can 
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Oh My God!
This has to be the best spin off writeup for the the story of IKNMP.

Thanks a lot Imagine, ๐Ÿค— This is awesome.

Please post the next part. I just don't want to stop readign this one.
Satrupa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
OMG!! this is Awesome๐Ÿค—
Thank you so much and Pls try to Update Asap. atleast an update fa a day๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
hamna19khan thumbnail
Oh wow, this is seriously amazing, can't wait for them to face each other.
Please update the next part soon... 
goldstar678 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
OMG,what a start.loved the update from start to end.looking forward for the faceoff between Neil.and ragini.please continue as soon as possible n don't take much time for the next update.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I want to watch this version of IKNMP now
sushmaArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOWWW... Imagine... I'm short of words.. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ u r such a brilliant writer... Biggg huggg to u ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— plz update next part ASAP I can't wait... Plzzz...
metoyou thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A very nice start of something great. Fantastic job Imagine! Looking forward to read more :)
loveleen3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Since I started watching IKNMP quite late (post Nishi's wedding), I haven't enjoyed the earlier episodes as much. I loved this imagine. I am going to enjoy this so much. :D