Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scrapbooker thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
That was beautiful... and that was an ode to all the brothers and sisters out there... coz honestly it made me remember my own childhood, except my brother is older... and I would follow HIM around and make a general pest of myself. My things were mine and HIS things were mine! If I wanted something, I think I asked him before I asked my mother. If I were in trouble for something, he would jump in with a distraction and more often than not end up getting scolded. The funny thing is he is only a couple of years older than I am.
So Arshi67, my love... This was PERFECTION! This was all the memories and moments of childhood that we hold in our hearts but forget to visit. I LOVED IT!

P.S. Keep writing. You OWE it to us!

P.P.S I never thought that Arnav crossed the line, politically incorrect, I know! But if we think about what he actually saw and heard on that terrace... That's pretty darned UNFORGIVABLE! Just sayin'
Edited by scrapbooker - 8 years ago
stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
That was great
Well written
Enjoyed it a lot
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous
loved it
heemasomani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Amazing update
anjali and arnav were so lovely
dev25 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Ruchi..🤗

As I call Re Re is a queen of poems you are queen of prose.  
Poetry has rhyme   and your prose has rhythm in it. 😊
Sibling bond is  the most cherished  one   and your OS made me teary eyed.

Do write  and where do  we  have to petition for  you to write more

PS:   Thanks for the PM and  lakhon  sorry the late unres

Edited by dev25 - 8 years ago
Dhrenu thumbnail
Fantastic shot ruchi :) i always like your comment but if we get your writing in form of one shot or more then it will be treat for all of us 😊 i adore the way you write it from anjali's perspective and how her childhood was..?? Your right, everything changed with time but not her papad ka tukda..:)

Perfectly written :) loved it ❤️ please write more.. !! Thanks for pm:)Edited by Dhrenu - 8 years ago
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Ruchi, what a lovely write up. I think Anjali's inability to deal with reality (at least the first time Shyam;s truth came out) has a lot to do with her sheltered life. And whatever else I didn't like about her, I loved how devoted she was to her brother. She may have trusted Shyam over him, but that doesn't take away from this undeniable fact. 
I do wish you would write something for Payal and Khushi too. They did have a great bond, but Payal was too passive to fight for her little sister. 
scrapbooker thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chokri_ASR

"Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you." - Carol Ann Albright-Eastman

This to me was a tribute to a relationship we can all relate with... one of a brother and sister.  
And as she recalled those memories, I found myself recalling mine with my brother. 

But then I am taken back to a childhood these two siblings have had, one filled with happy, mischievous memories then to have taken away. That part brought tears to my eyes. And you are correct, Arnav was the constant in her life. As was she... that is why their bond was so strong. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with the show. Just loved how you have given us that glimpse of their childhood.

Anytime I read your writing, I find myself mesmerized with your words. I can clearly visualize the scene in front of me, but more I can see you reading them out loud to me. It's elegant poetry, Ruchi style. And with just few words in a one shot, you leave us with a long, lasting impression filled with a myriad of emotions... one that we can't forget but at the same time are left with wanting more.

So my love, when I can I get more? A talent like should not be kept locked away... it needs to be shared. 
It was absolutely brilliant!

Your darling Hamesha!

Jigs

P.S. I am never letting go of the hand that is always by my side... Love you so very much!

Ditto! I mirror these sentiments... Well said Jigs!
scrapbooker thumbnail
Originally posted by: BlueMystique

"There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother." - Terri Guillemets

That scene in the temple, where Arnav pacifies Anjali, is the first time you realize the depth of his character. To the world, he might have been ASR, but to her, he was always her Chotey, and he would forever remain so. One of the things that drew me to the show, other than the sizzling chemisty between Arnav and Khushi, was this beautiful portrayal of sibling relationship between Arnav and Anjali. There was just something so endearing about it. Even if we couldn't relate to anything else in the show, this relationship was the one thing we connected to. So thank you for reflecting on that, and making me remember once again, all the aspects I loved about our beloved show.

As for Anjali's pensiveness...

"Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk." - Susan Scarf Merrell

No matter what, the brother and sister would always have each other, and that is comforting indeed.

Ruchi, please, please write more? :)

You know I might be biased, but in my defense, I read the comment before I see who posted it. Every time I come across a comment that I really identify with... turns out it is by a friend. Smiley Face! ( Since I don't know how to put that in. Sad Face! )

Well said Blue!
palaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
There is a poetically deep melancholy to this OS of yours and it is simply beautiful in its wistfulness of an innocent time long gone by.

Relationships, seasons, people, everything changes as surely as the hands of time, but some bonds, some truths never will. And amdist that is the purity of sibling love. 

Lord knows I would be lost without my little brother, and so my heart sings alongside Anjali's with innate understanding of what it is to have a partner in crime who is with you through everything.

Our beloved papad ke tukde xxx

[thanks for paying heed to my requests Ruchi :P]