Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: moonwearer

<font size="3">Avni and Nams my two cents on Manny.

We all come cast not as these Mahatmas. We come with strokes in varied hues. Some are flat characters some are round evolving all the time. Nisha as a very skilled writer brings in multiple dimension to each of the characters she pens. I am sure being very concerned for your loved ones when they are all that you have stems from her insecurity and when the bitterness is emptied and she begins to make space for love and care in her heart be genuinely loved and cared for we will be able to see the traces of Savitha and Ranjan's upbringing. Till then the defensive mechanism that she has shrunk into to go on the offensive to safeguard the interests of the self and her loved ones. Life has struck a rude blow in a series and there is none to divert her pain into creative energy. It was one mess after another. In Sam Tan was her anchor and Lasya the much needed healing factor. In the dude work , his pursuits, success and lasya and her Mami have become the anchors and distractions and the persona of his II is transforming him and healing him .
Manny is intolerant of even being called by her dad as Manya. It is always my way or the highway. She has made wrong choices thus far and paid a heavy price and it has left her with a very very deep scar. Her healing can happen only when she is ready to empty the bitterness. Her venting out is a release of pent up wrath and the fact that II covered her with a sheet is news that shocks her. You can see how nuanced the writing is. As the tale unfolds we will find her emerge quite adorable unlike the proverbial mean SIL's of Indian Soaps.

I read custody when i started watching YHM and liked the serial for the character delineation of Raman and Ishitha. When they lost it i stopped i was even shocked to read that Manju Kapur wanted Shagun not to be depicted demonic. As a creator you love all your creations.
Manny is possessive. She adores her family. She has not accepted II as part of the family as yet as she is yet to bond without her filters interfereing her perception. In the case of Tan or II trusting Bala it is because of the ties forged in formative years have now become deep trust. The trust that exists between II Dad and Sam II and Tan II has undergone the litmus test. The dude trusts II implicitly as he has seen her redeeming qualities like Sam and Dad. II is still unsure because of the dude's past and she is unable to discern when he teases and when he is sincere. Sam Tan Dad all have understood and seen her innocence and naive intelligent adorable girl. Manny has seen too much of sorrow and exploitation that she is unable to see beyond the surface.</font>

Wowww! This is even brilliant and a clear crisp insight of Manya's mind! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
SVM, please do write often.
Superb.
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: NSB7

MANNY

What i think she is like...

If i stand there as II and imagine a manny and experience whatever II feels like...she looks like a loin ready to pounce at me
Scary...doubting me...keeping me on gaurd..and causing me trouble.

As Manny its entirely different
I have been exposed to things i failed ti handle...i was broken down and crushed to earth by the man i thought i loved..again and again
I have no hope on the emotion love...i believe the world is filled with selfish bas***ds (pardon my language... i being manny..verbally no filters) and they approch me for money..physical possibilities or jist flirt...i struggle not to get carried away...but i end up doing it...after all i am alone and lonely...while everyone is settled...im wanderig...so o meed to be feel loved...even if it is fake.

And my siblings?? U as much as think of laying a finger on them...i will chop your both hands legs and stuff off...no no not just chop your head off and give j easy death.

I dont want them to go through What i have...i dont want to see them get hurt
Reason why i love Marliese... or any girlfriend that dimpal had...he wasn't attached to them...if they walked out..he never cared..nobody ever did...he like a magnet and they would stick to him..hr wouldn't have to be in pain...he never cared for them.

But Ii? They are married for godsake...something that shows how deeply invested my stupid brother is in her...AMD so she scares me...she figHTS him... ignores him..and orders him around...and dimpal follows her like a puppy...im afraid she will walk out and dimpal won't be himself ever again...or she will bamk om his love and use him...how can i see him hurt??
And why will she love him back? After dad...after how screwed my family is...how dimpal wanders and runs away to paris..how he never talks and expresses...she is too good to be true

Can a woman be so down to earth and nice and good anf caring? Sam is...but thats sam..and II cant...can shr? Nooo i dont want to let myself think that...no no no

Tan..tan stood by sam through so much...What has II done for dpal? Nothing compared to that..how can i trust her with my brother????

But dimpal talks to dad...because of her
Dad is happy because of her
Sam says she is real
I feel good around her too
But! No...i cant trust...i cant
Havr seen enough not to trust.

After she walked into dimpal's life
I meed to knock nefore entring his room
I cant get alone time with him
I cant cry and fight because he is always around
He doesnt play games until i fall alseep anymore
He doesn't sit and talk to me for hours
His house and his room are not equally mine now
He doesn't show up in my house
His free time isn't mine anymore
My dimpal is not mine amymore

And he never compramised..not unless it was for me..not even sam..and now!!! He has changed for her.

She now comes attached along with dimpal

Agrhhh...do i talk to her nice or no
I lIke her but i dont trust her..dont want to
I like her but im jealous of her...i cant help...!

I jUST dont know!!!!!!!

Hey Namrata!! I found this quote apt for your analysis on manny- Language has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone, and the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.
dristi64 thumbnail
I am really beginning to dislike festivals. No time only for Nisha to write more than the regular number of updates๐Ÿ˜Ž
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: dristi64

I am really beginning to dislike festivals. No time only for Nisha to write more than the regular number of updates๐Ÿ˜Ž

Yup till today shrad was there from tomm Navratri... I was thinking I m here with in laws and all sorts of help still was and will be busy like hell!!!!
I wonder how Nisha manages all??
๐Ÿ‘
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
MISSING DII
I  miss home now.
I miss accompanying Akka and helping her put away Shatabdhi's things.
I miss tiptoeing up to periyappa's room to share with him details of my make shift bed
I love to whine to him about the fights I have with Rakshashan
I want to gush to him the shopping for the Matterhorn swatch
I miss going with Amma to gollus of her friends and watching the dolls wide eyed
I miss the coaxing and cajoling to sing and the oohs and Ahas that follow
I miss sitting in the car and rating the sundals
I miss dressing up in my Kanjeevarams and matching accessories
I miss wearing the jasmines and the rustling paavadais and Dhaavani of my teens
I miss regaling Selvi with the who did what in the golu visits
I miss driving Amma to all the different poojas
I miss setting the thambulams and making the colourful kolams in front of our home
I miss the thambulam Paati will give me at Munirka (it always had a dress or saree)
I miss the elaborate poojas amma made every morning and the different neivedyams she made each day
Amma always called Akka to tell her each evening how much she missed her Vandhu kutti during golu
Amma would make me deliver dabbas at Akka's place every morning and evening(i'd get a dose of prasadam from her as well)
I want to hear how much i'm missed.
I want food delivered every morning and evening.
I guess my baby and I will savor the food more than the chips pasta and burgers i eat.
Most of all I want to be received and treated as married women are during Navarathri.

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Feels like drought here in sosy without updates
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: dristi64

๐Ÿ˜†

Same here Dristi.
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Nisha has a 9 o click meeting or something on Monday mornings, right?  Which means we'll have to sleep without one