Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Orangen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Just like parents of daughters would save once upon a time, parents of sons save 25-50 lakhs for college tuition

Either to pay capitation fee, or send them to Singapore or Australia, if you are really wealthy, then the USA

A Desi friend sent her son to Georgia Tech in Fall, he is best friends with my 16 year old, he said the campus looks like Hyderabad, there are apparently HUNDREDS from Andhra

Out of State tuition/room/board/books etc is THIRTY GRAND? 40?

With air fare, its probably 43?

Thats like Rs.24 lakhs PER YEAR for a US under grad, ONE CRORE for a Bachelors?</font>

Really liked this update. Middle class life at its best ๐Ÿ˜Š

So true education is becoming more and more of a privilege. Costs and competition in India at frightening I'm told.

And if you do get a chance you must get to see the university talks that happen in Asia. Education is a major money spinner and export for the US and Australia and possibly others.
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kanji kya hai??? For us it is the fermented rice kept overnight for 2-3 days and that becomes sour and it's given a tadka along with garlic and mustard seeds and curry leaves and we drink it like a soup
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Reading all these conversations, I definitely feel lucky to be studied in small town government schools... The teacher n parents guraded the children...A love letter given to a girl would have become talk of the town...
Now everything changed, the girls need attention.. More boys behind her more prestige.. They want get noticed... Education has taken the backseat.

For KG schools lacs of tuition fees and reserve the seat as soon as the kid is born ๐Ÿ˜ก

What will happen to our kids ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Orangen

Really liked this update. Middle class life at its best ๐Ÿ˜Š

So true education is becoming more and more of a privilege. Costs and competition in India at frightening I'm told.

And if you do get a chance you must get to see the university talks that happen in Asia. Education is a major money spinner and export for the US and Australia and possibly others.

Hey Orangen

GREAT to see you. There is always a higher more unattainable bar fr middle class parents in India. Here 90% of the parents dont give a damn, if the kid has a trust fund he/she goes to college, or if the kid is self motivated he/she does

But the other 90% couldnt give a damn to college, Bernie Sanders wants to make college education free for all kids in America, he said in his first Dem debate, I live in a extreme right wing state, I listen to a radio talk show during my commute, the callers were outraged, angry, furious, disgusted and sick that Bernie would suggest such a thing๐Ÿ˜•They all sounded like he had said "I want to sleep with all your wives" or something๐Ÿ˜†

Each caller had a own unique moronic reason about how "it takes away individual freedom" "if Govt pays for college"

In India? There is a MADNESS, it was capitation fee engineering when I was in my teens, then it became Singapore and Hong Kong for hotel management, then it became Australia and UK

Now its ALL about going to the USA๐Ÿ˜ญ

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yes you are absolutely right. I was I does mathura road, quite notorious as well, but nothing compared to modern, even then yes 15-20 years ago! But the coolness factor of the school even then was  too much to resist. While we used to consider ourselves at par with the likes of Columbas, modern was always a class apart. But forget modern even DPS was giving business to the likes of Jakson Inn which was down  sundar nagar road although such stories were few  and the scandal accompanying them huge  but notoriety in that respect existed even then. 
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: taramira

Yes you are absolutely right. I was I does mathura road, quite notorious as well, but nothing compared to modern, even then yes 15-20 years ago! But the coolness factor of the school even then was  too much to resist. While we used to consider ourselves at par with the likes of Columbas, modern was always a class apart. But forget modern even DPS was giving business to the likes of Jakson Inn which was down  sundar nagar road although such stories were few  and the scandal accompanying them huge  but notoriety in that respect existed even then. 

I meant DPS. Autocorrect arghhh

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Putti

As long as education is the only ticket to prosperity frauds and crooks will try to profit from it. The government guarantees free education but it does not have good governance of it

They employ teachers, build schools and channel tax funding towards it, but the government teachers in Delhi are too busy carrying on some side business like property dealing, or selling artifacts, or handlooms or handicrafts or something to supplement their incomes

who pays attention to what is being taught? or what needs to be taught?
Nobody sadly

You and I scramble to get our kids admissions into these over priced shitty mafia like private ponzi schemes called schools
they dont guarantee good education either... u buy the teacher a Rolex she will give ur kid an A in the Science Project

Take her with you to a Alaskan cruise she will ensure she contacts CBSE and gets u the 10th board question paper

The honest ethical ones are far and few, sadly... Vidya sounds like one, she must be lonely I feel
SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Dear Nisha,

I am possibly the most Super quiet of your readers.
I have been a regular and not many know of my existence in IF. Belong to no clique but I'm proud to say I brought one of your regular readers to IF and therefore indirectly to your thread.

I'm quiet simply because I don't have a lot to say. Barely anything positive about II's family - because like Raman I'm the outsider in a Iyer family and love my Husband to bits ๐Ÿ˜ณ and you could easily replace my husband's name with II's and mine with RnB ( although I'm no VC I'm an IB if that helps and a non-Punjabi).

I break my silence to share a little personal stuff. My husbands Appa is ditto II's dad. Full of my Son this my Son that while both of us are just as educated and busy with our careers. Reading where II's Dad comes from changed the way I thought the Iyer dad in my life. And I think we are finally now on a path that has a lot less heart burn for both sides. I dont cry as much as your II does but I'm almost there
๐Ÿ˜‰. But thankfully my Husband is a talker and therefore lives to see another day!

Today's update takes me bang to my in law's and I can almost smell the kadala paruppu Sundal at my In laws place in Karol Bagh ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
So a personal thank you and keep up your good work.

You are prolific and interesting ๐Ÿ‘
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SWAN123

Dear Nisha,

I am possibly the most Super quiet of your readers.
I have been a regular and not many know of my existence in IF. Belong to no clique but I'm proud to say I brought one of your regular readers to IF and therefore indirectly to your thread.

I'm quiet simply because I don't have a lot to say. Barely anything positive about II's family - because like Raman I'm the outsider in a Iyer family and love my Husband to bits ๐Ÿ˜ณ and you could easily replace my husband's name with II's and mine with RnB ( although I'm no VC I'm an IB if that helps and a non-Punjabi).

I break my silence to share a little personal stuff. My husbands Appa is ditto II's dad. Full of my Son this my Son that while both of us are just as educated and busy with our careers. Reading where II's Dad comes from changed the way I thought the Iyer dad in my life. And I think we are finally now on a path that has a lot less heart burn for both sides. I dont cry as much as your II does but I'm almost there
๐Ÿ˜‰. But thankfully my Husband is a talker and therefore lives to see another day!

Today's update takes me bang to my in law's and I can almost smell the kadala paruppu Sundal at my In laws place in Karol Bagh ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Oh! My goodness

Thanks very much. Appa is a flawed man much like R&B is, we are all shades of grey. some are darker some lighter. While I dont write this story to teach "zindagi ka sahi raasta" to any one๐Ÿ˜ณ  I am pleasantly surprised and happy to see u have carved a path to undertake this journey on.

Ur in laws are from Karol Bagh?
I had extended family on my Dad's side for the longest time near Beadonpura, Guru Ravi Das Marg and Hardhyan Singh Rd๐Ÿ˜ณ... years ago though, its been over two decades they moved to Secunderabad

Sigh!!!

Thanks for reading

And write when ever you feel like