Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Swan

Just as I posted, something struck me, its a family tradition for us to go do Deepavali shopping at Karol Bagh and ONLY Karol Bagh, we did it for YEARS... Ajmal Khan Rd is extremely dear to me. I dont think I care for the Malls even 1% as much I love AK Rd...

Incidentally, Appa would take us on Saraswati Pooja (9th day of Navratri) evening for Karol Bagh shopping, he would buy us material for suits and then buy us a sumptuous chhholey bhature at Roshan di hatti followed by gulab jamun... YUMMM and Sigh!!!!

Thank you for reminding me of the sentimental tradition on such a special day coincidentally. I have to call my parents now...

YEARS ago, one time when we were returning from our shopping we stood at the Anand Parbat bus stop, five feet from us a transistor bomb went off in a bus on its way from Rohtak Rd😭, during one of the darkest periods in Delhi's history

I love EVERYTHING about the city... Sigh!! no matter whatπŸ˜³πŸ‘
Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing update nisha 
docs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow

Oh about fees... The less said the better. We middle class ppl have work cut out for us. And thanks to international schools the fees have sky rocketed. I am simply appalled to look at fees for kg .. Even pre-nursery fees are high its as much as I paid for my graduation fees 10yra back and that too a government seat
 I will have to put my son in school in a few years n I m so scared. No hi-fi schools for us. 
kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Reality always comes knocking...Story of life!!! 
Thank you for the amazing updates Nisha!!!  I have been reading but haven't been able to post due to hectic activity with my mother and sister.  

I loved the time II and R&B spent in Paris!  Loved the questions II asked of R&B!!!  It is clear from the foochar updates that he continues to split his time between the two places for at least 10 years!  

I loved that Ranjan and II made the trip together and went back together-whatever else this FIL has his gudiya's back coveredπŸ€—

R&B sending support to help out II's family in their time of distress was very sweet.  I feel awful about II's Periappa-it reminds me of mine who passed away very suddenly a few years ago.  I was not as close to him as II is to hers but he was the first of my parents generation to pass away.  After that-I have been having nightmares for my own parents.  πŸ˜­

Anyway, fingers crossed that it is just a patch of bad health for Periappa and he lives to see Nivi's birth!!!  I am now praying for a fictional character to live!!!!  Nisha, what have you done to me?????πŸ˜†

SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Oh! My goodness

Thanks very much. Appa is a flawed man much like R&B is, we are all shades of grey. some are darker some lighter. While I dont write this story to teach "zindagi ka sahi raasta" to any one😳  I am pleasantly surprised and happy to see u have carved a path to undertake this journey on.

Ur in laws are from Karol Bagh?
I had extended family on my Dad's side for the longest time near Beadonpura, Guru Ravi Das Marg and Hardhyan Singh Rd😳... years ago though, its been over two decades they moved to Secunderabad

Sigh!!!

Thanks for reading

And write when ever you feel like

😊 I write too and so get that..

@ bold - well most of the time we only need to change our mind set to let life course it's way. 

Well yes I have just learnt to see him as a flawed man that loves our kids with all his heart just not so comfortable with the woman who housed them. πŸ˜‰ His son looks like a super star and the girl he married is a bit of a Cleopatra - coloured and sincere.

Diversity demands a price - and like my very dear enlightened friend on your thread points out repeatedly as she holds my hands and lets cry my eyes out-  out a little unselfishness goes a long way.

Not that I don't like to comment but then there's very little that i can add of value. You have a bunch great people who are generous with their time and words on this thread. I have seen many good ones sink on IF without a trace simply because they are not networked!

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yo author sahiba! 
Wassup πŸ€£

Orangen!!!  πŸ€—

Swan.. Welcome :)
Been long I actually welcomed someone here. Good to hear from ya! Do keep posting whenever you can πŸ˜Š
Ashu25 thumbnail
Swan... Love what you are posting! 
Gosh. How I wish I were arty with words πŸ˜­
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
HOME finally!!😳
Whats up guys??
Tell me you all missed me.
I did
Ashu25 thumbnail
Mentor sahiba πŸ€—
How was your trip??