Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BedouinMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: idonkno

In my opinion Ronnie was never a side character..he was not any less important than the protagonist and he certainly made a remarkable impact on us right from the start..and I guess everyone here would agree with me otherwise we would not have been this deeply affected by his exit!

Absolutely right ! Ronnie was never a side character ! He was as important as the protagonists. But this has not sinked in to minds of some (my reference from Twitter, not from the forum). A show can always have two male protagonists, isnt it ? And at the end of the day, one might become more sacrificial than the other. There's nothing to draw a line of competition between the two !
Edited by BedouinMe - 8 years ago
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: BedouinMe

I partly agree with Shrishti Arya. Although her way of placing it is not going down well with me. But, its a fact that Ronnie as a character has reached an altogether new height with this twist ! He's become THE HERO ! And this top, will not be acceptable to some people.

But, I do sympathise with CVs when they are having to listen that out of all, RK's insecurity has caused them to bump of Ronnie ! Its difficult to maintain one's composure after such comments ;)

Pata nahi kis asubh ghadi mein yeh twist plan kiya tha ;)

Most of the people who are upset with the twist are not upset because Ronnie became Hero. He was a lovable character. His death will not increase or decrease the love, the character commanded. 

As far people not accepting a different story, even the makers did not try to give one. They said, all characters are grey. But they turned Shreya totally dark. After ONS was revealed, I was ready to stand with Shreya's side (presuming they will show both Kabir and Shreya as the erred human beings). But they made her a regular vamp. 

Makers had chosen the story of two professionals. The trouble in their love should have come from their profession, their approach in different situations. But makers churned out the same Pati Patni Aur Woh crap (okay, Ananya at present is still a girl friend. But story tho wohi hei na?). How can they accuse the viewers that we don't accept something different?
idonkno thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BedouinMe

Absolutely right ! Ronnie was never a side character ! He was as important as the protagonists. But this sinked in to minds of some (my reference from Twitter, not from the forum). A show can always have two male protagonists, isnt it ? And at the end of the day, one might become more sacrificial than the other. There's nothing to draw a line of competition between the two !

Yes you are right but my comment was in reference to Shristi Arya's tweet..She and others even though being the creator considered Ronnie to be a side character and hence needed this twist to make him a hero in their eyes..but he was alwaya a hero and an integral part of the show just like Ananya and Kabir for me..its way to difficult to imagine reporters without him because he was not their just for the sake of it instead he was among one's who completed the show for us! Sad to know that he was considered to be just a secondary character in the show :(
IAmNotActive thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

Most of the people who are upset with the twist are not upset because Ronnie became Hero. He was a lovable character. His death will not increase or decrease the love, the character commanded. 

As far people not accepting a different story, even the makers did not try to give one. They said, all characters are grey. But they turned Shreya totally dark. After ONS was revealed, I was ready to stand with Shreya's side (presuming they will show both Kabir and Shreya as the erred human beings). But they made her a regular vamp. 

Makers had chosen the story of two professionals. The trouble in their love should have come from their profession, their approach in different situations. But makers churned out the same Pati Patni Aur Woh crap (okay, Ananya at present is still a girl friend. But story tho wohi hei na?). How can they accuse the viewers that we don't accept something different?

You are bang on Mahi, the two things that could  have made the show different, 

1) A grey shaded ex wife who was justified in her revenge. But we got a psycho pill popping vamp who is ruled by obsession and ego. 

2) Professional differences between the leads - this is something I really really wanted, because Kabir and Ananya of first 40 episodes had such different outlook towards reporting, but confession changed both of them,  while Annaya became the tantrum queen, Kabir became the protective big brother   whereas he used to keep throwing challenges at her before.

asthana.shaily thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Geetha_R

You are bang on Mahi, the two things that could  have made the show different, 

1) A grey shaded ex wife who was justified in her revenge. But we got a psycho pill popping vamp who is ruled by obsession and ego. 

2) Professional differences between the leads - this is something I really really wanted, because Kabir and Ananya of first 40 episodes had such different outlook towards reporting, but confession changed both of them,  while Annaya became the tantrum queen, Kabir became the protective big brother   whereas he used to keep throwing challenges at her before.

Agree with you completely Mahi and Geetha on this take :
1) Personally , when Shreya entered, I was hoping that she genuinely turns out to be good completely opposite to what Kabir was telling Ananya proving Kabir wrong. I even accepted Shreya with some grey shades but today, she is NOT GREY, HER CHARACTER IS BLACKER THAN JET BLACK.
2) Yes even I wanted to see some more professional tiffs between the two, even Romance growing in between their professional leads like Kabir taking the ring size of Ananya during that lead... Something like that, both going to another city for some coverage... both getting captive once again..like that of Baaghi... Both have quarrels over professional steps to be taken in a particular case... and In between their romance brewing...
And Geetha, not only Kabir BECAME ANANYA'S BIG BROTHER, HE ACTUALLY REPLACED ANITA KASHYAP... HE BECAME ANANYA'S  ADOPTED MOTHER.
.SoHu. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Honestly I don't find the writer's so called 'logic' of elevating Ronnie to a 'HERO' justifiable. The reason being, with/without the twist he WAS and WILL always remain a hero in the story. There wasn't any need to bump him off to praclaim him something, when we the audience had long ago inferred that he was as much as an important character in the show as Kabir. Without Ronnie I don't feel this entire depiction of selfless and unconditional friendship could have been portrayed and honestly for me loving Ananya's gang was primarily cause it had a guy like Ronnie, whom anyone would want to befriend. I understand what Mr.Arora must be trying to say by 'the last nail in the negative forces coffin' for the love of a close one always stirs u up and instigates the submerged wrath in you; but still given a chance I would have wanted them to think of some other plan than to just make him die.
Death, not always makes one a HERO. Its the doings that define you. Something along the lines of yesterday's jsp where Kabir said that 'janazein pe toh sab aate hai, lekin yaad woh aate hai Jo yaadein chhod jaatein hai'
Ronnie had left ample memories for KaYa to acknowledge him as a HERO in their entire lifetime, even if he had not got killed.
Vayuputras thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

srishti arya @shrishtiarya  

@puruchibberfc people only say that they want different shows. they just want same shows where the friend can only be a side character.

The point here is we didn't want #Reporters to be like any other show. That's exactly why this reaction when Ronnie is killed.

For me even if he was not killed, Ronnie has been a hero, if not more. I've always felt Ronnie was as important as Kabir in the show. And never a side character. He was a friend, philosopher and guide for Ananya, more than Kabir. Even Kabir had taken his advice on few occasions. In that respect, he was NOT a side character. If anyone of us felt that he was a side character, so much of hue & cry would not have taken place. Everyone loved him as much as we loved Kabir. Amidst all negative characters"Malavika, Manav, Shreya, even Richa for some time"he was the only sensible and positive guy. That being the case, how can we treat him as a side character? He was a living hero once and he will remain a hero even after his passing away.

Every other show shows this kind of revenge, killing, murder, vamps, grey / black character, negativity, etc. #Reporters has been different show. Atleast for me that's why I fell in love with the show. As audience, we are really concerned with the quality of the show. It started becoming like "any other show" after 100 episodes. Which many of us didn't want and had expressed concern over this in the Forum.

Anyways, respect the decision of the writer here and bow down to him. The story is his baby and he has all the rights in the world to treat the baby howsoever he wants. Just that I expected him to treat the baby with love and care, not cruelly.

My heart goes out to Ronnie. Going to miss him a lot. 

KaYaShipper thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: flipfl0p

@bold: I completely agree. According to the official synopsis also, it was supposed to be their love for journalism bringing these two together and their ambitions tearing them apart, how they would find each other on the opposite side of the debate of ethics. And instead we got the same old ghisa pita ex-wife drama. Also the ex-wife turned out to be the typical vamp like in ekta serials, going to the extent of murdering the protagonist. He implied in a tweet that she's suffering from some mental condition which we shall find out in the forthcoming episodes, hence the pills. That's the new thing they could bring in, that they have a reason for all her planning and plotting, whereas in other serials they do it just for the heck of it. Wow so much for logic. That is so different you see.

The initial 70-80 episodes had that uniqueness, for which we fell in love with this show. There is no uniqueness in the storyline anymore. The only saving grace is the brilliant execution by the actors.( though Ankita doesn't appeal me, no offence, it's probably because we hate her character too much) That's the only thing that makes me come back to the show everyday and also because this is the only show I watch.

Also he said that Ronnie was to die since the beginning, which means they haven't changed the script or anything, even the actors till date have said everything has been going according to script. If things were as per the script, how could they afford so many loopholes and goof ups in the SK storyline. Some bloopers are acceptable, given it's a tv show, but such huge blunders which just don't stick to the core of the characters. e.g. Anita changing her stance every time. A mess has been made of Ananya and Kabir also. The only character who they didn't butcher was Ronnie, but they ended up literally butchering him.

Honestly that's our viewpoint and the writer obviously doesn't agree with him. But atleast we are respecting his point. According to him the only way forward to the story was by killing Ronnie, then ok, but you also have to respect your fans' opinions and not treat them to be a bunch of foolish people. The only people he calls his true fans are probably the people on facebook, who just shower him with praises and never question his way of the story. But if we can appreciate him for the beautiful story he had woven in the initial episodes, we also have a right to voice our opinion with respect to our disappointment. We have loved this show way too much, that is why the extreme disappointment. Also the show had all the potential, as seen in the initial episodes. Had they sticked to the story as per the official synopsis along with the professional background, it would have been something else and particularly different.

P.S. He had also mentioned that a professional scandal will rock KKN. I don't see that happening. It seems as if the Shreya-RG revenge will go on till the end. Also nothing happened with respect to the tampered data figures, as all of us were expecting.
Edited by KaYaShipper - 8 years ago
asthana.shaily thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaYaShipper

@bold: I completely agree. According to the official synopsis also, it was supposed to be their love for journalism bringing these two together and their ambitions tearing them apart, how they would find each other on the opposite side of the debate of ethics. And instead we got the same old ghisa pita ex-wife drama. Also the ex-wife turned out to be the typical vamp like in ekta serials, going to the extent of murdering the protagonist. He implied in a tweet that she's suffering from some mental condition which we shall find out in the forthcoming episodes, hence the pills. That's the new thing they could bring in, that they have a reason for all her planning and plotting, whereas in other serials they do it just for the heck of it. Wow so much for logic. That is so different you see.
Agree with you completely. I got hooked to the show because of the official synopsis but anyways,... cant believe the writer any more... Previously, it was he who told us that Shreya has some grey shades now he says that she is mentally unwell... I wish he sticks up to one thing...

The initial 70-80 episodes had that uniqueness, for which we fell in love with this show. There is no uniqueness in the storyline anymore. The only saving grace is the brilliant execution by the actors.( though Ankita doesn't appeal me, no offence, it's probably because we hate her character too much) That's the only thing that makes me come back to the show everyday and also because this is the only show I watch.
Agree to you once again, even I find Ankita very dumb... Please excuse Ankita fans but neither her acting nor her character has come upto the mark that the initial episodes of the serial promised us. Yes, it is only the acting of others mainly Rajeev (sorry guys, I am a die hard fan of RK and even you have to agree with me, that he is doing a brilliant job) that kept me hooked to it, else I lost my interest once the story line turned filmy... into a typical triangle.

Also he said that Ronnie was to die since the beginning, which means they haven't changed the script or anything, even the actors till date have said everything has been going according to script. If things were as per the script, how could they afford so many loopholes and goof ups in the SK storyline. Some bloopers are acceptable, given it's a tv show, but such huge blunders which just don't stick to the core of the characters. e.g. Anita changing her stance every time. A mess has been made of Ananya and Kabir also. The only character who they didn't butcher was Ronnie, but they ended up literally butchering him.
LOL love you for this line... Yes, even I dont agree to it because in one of his earlier posts of FB, the writer himself had stated that Ronnie would meet Tarini and all... Now all of a sudden, this killing!!! This means that it was not pre-decided... Moreover, I agree that there were so many bloopers in last night's episode that one episode equalled almost 10 mindless bollywood movies. If the story didnt change then this means that the writer, with due regards to his writing skills, must rethink over his writing skills.

Honestly that's our viewpoint and the writer obviously doesn't agree with him. But atleast we are respecting his point. According to him the only way forward to the story was by killing Ronnie, then ok, but you also have to respect your fans' opinions and not treat them to be a bunch of foolish people. The only people he calls his true fans are probably the people on facebook, who just shower him with praises and never question his way of the story. 
Of course because this is a known fact that Mr. SAMMEER ARORA CAN ONLY ACCEPT PRAISE, HE CANNOT ACCEPT CRITICISM... Hence, he is more than happy to be with those people who praise him, call we IF people stupid...
But if we can appreciate him for the beautiful story he had woven in the initial episodes, we also have a right to voice our opinion with respect to our disappointment. We have loved this show way too much, that is why the extreme disappointment. Also the show had all the potential, as seen in the initial episodes. Had they sticked to the story as per the official synopsis along with the professional background, it would have been something else and particularly different.
This is what my argument has also been. When we praised the writer for the initial episodes at that time, no one came forward to make a difference of opinion but now when we are not okay, we get all the bashing up and reactions from every side, why this disparity?
Yes, I also agree that if they had stuck up to their earlier story, it would have been different...

Vayuputras thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaYaShipper

Honestly that's our viewpoint and the writer obviously doesn't agree with him. But atleast we are respecting his point. According to him the only way forward to the story was by killing Ronnie, then ok, but you also have to respect your fans' opinions and not treat them to be a bunch of foolish people. The only people he calls his true fans are probably the people on facebook, who just shower him with praises and never question his way of the story. But if we can appreciate him for the beautiful story he had woven in the initial episodes, we also have a right to voice our opinion with respect to our disappointment. We have loved this show way too much, that is why the extreme disappointment. Also the show had all the potential, as seen in the initial episodes. Had they sticked to the story as per the official synopsis along with the professional background, it would have been something else and particularly different.

P.S. He had also mentioned that a professional scandal will rock KKN. I don't see that happening. It seems as if the Shreya-RG revenge will go on till the end. Also nothing happened with respect to the tampered data figures, as all of us were expecting.

@Red. Bang on. You said it. Agree with every word that you've written. Suddenly Shreya is shown to be popping up pills. A mentally deranged woman. But it was assured in the beginning she would only be a grey character. Was it an afterthought to justify her action to kill the protagonist?There are many events  as an after thought and thats why the bloopers. 

Many loose ends. Not tied.