Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Dristi

You are way more well read than I am I have HEARD of the Rashomon effect unfortunately cannot have one intelligent conversation about it

You should tell me more

You are way too kind😳 
All my information about it is courtesy the internet. That movie sounds real interesting, the Japanese one. 
Supposedly a murder happens on the street and there are a few eye witnesses, each one's statement about the incident will have some variation. One might say that there was provocation by the victim, whereas another one might say that there was no sch thing. Also, when an incident occurs no two people would be in the same state of mind. Human perceptions are after all subjective. Hence, what they were thinking and how they were feeling at that particular instant would impact their version of the story.

The wikipedia page has numerous examples of movies and sitcoms where this 'effect' has been shown mildly where one person narrates an incident in an entirely different light from another.
dristi64 thumbnail
I loved that article you sent the link of Nisha. Very thought provoking. Thank You😊

And I was just about to type what Shruti did. Go and catch your beauty sleep. Stay healthy and happy. SOSY is important for our survival so you are already doing your part for charity😆
Goodnight.
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kjolovesbabies

When I was in 1st year of law we had English as a sub n then we were asked to watch rashomon n godfather, bicycle thief the movies and we used to write summaries for tests...

Rashomon the movie had some incident which has ellaborated by individuals or say bystanders in their own version of that incident,the plots each one summarised was alternate n contradicting to the other,there was one funny thing I remember a guy kissed a girl n she was shown to be pregnant in the next scene, the lady was actually raped by a man, n they were called as witness and each one had their own version, there were four people who were giving there statements

Talwar is based on the Arushi talwar murder case of 2008. I am sure all of you remember the horrible way the case was handled. The name of the girl in the movie  is sadly Shruti. 

dristi64 thumbnail

Originally posted by: taramira

Talwar is based on the Arushi talwar murder case of 2008. I am sure all of you remember the horrible way the case was handled. The name of the girl in the movie  is sadly Shruti. 

Yes I know. And read about the 'Shruti' part, too.😆
Don't you have to catch up on beauty sleep, too?? 
dristi64 thumbnail
PUTTI
thank you for the PM last night🤗
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Shru

Wanted to tell Nisha to catch sleep when she mentioned close to mid night... But was enjoying conversations.. 😃
dristi64 thumbnail
Both Nisha and Shruti are online but no replies. I am imagining them slumped over their systems with Rashomon effect in the former and SOSY running in the latter's head😆 
Sleep well beauties. I shall head off, too. Sitting in a research centre and accessing SOSY is not very credible on my part😳

Bye Putti and anyone else online.😳
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello Drishti, Putti and others...🤗
How has the Sunday been so far?
Edited by Seriousreader - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail