Fan Fictions

SS 54 Mother & Mothering

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Mother & Mothering

ASMA: HAPPY BDAY CHICA. 😳THIS ONE IS FOR YOU, LOVE & HUGS

In the second meeting, Ritu announced they were planning to have a "Small team of dedicated Small & Medium business Engagements"
Headed by an able experienced person...

II's heart did that familiar thing... her stomach somersaulted

SO THIS WAS IT?
THAT REQ?
Were there "Engagement Engineers?"

I HAVE TO GO LOOK
I WISH SHE IS DONE SOON
I HOPE ITS A TEAM OF 50 PEOPLE
I AM THE BOSS OF THEM ALL

"So many changes, as they say, change is the only constant, as you probably already know" Ritu sounded smug

WELL SHE SOUNDS SMUG TO ME ALL THE TIME
IPPO ENNA PUDUSU?
WHATS NEW

"How are u feeling?" Ritu asked

II smiled, confused

"I am hoping by the time you leave on Maternity we will have the team up and running" Ritu smiled

II nodded vaguely

"As the slides are self explanatory, I pitched the idea to Bally, mixing "Enterprise" though Excelsior is NOT quite Enterprise u know, u can
call them Large maybe? Mixing them with Small and Medium is just muddling everything up, if we are going
big with this idea of selling SW we need to do it right" she repeated what the slides said

SO SHE IS GIVING UP HALF HER BUSINESS TO A NEW ENGAGEMENT MANAGER?
DOES SHE NOT CARE?
OR DOES SHE PLAN TO CONVINCE BALLY AND MR B TO BUY ANOTHER SMALL TIME ACCOUNTING OR TAX SW AND ADD TO HER PRODUCT PORTFOLIO?
WHAT IS HER PLAN?

MYOB
AND APPLY FOR THAT FRICKIN JOB

I KNOW I KNOW...
II nodded smiling at the mental girls' advice

"Ashwini will be stretched thin, Bally and I need to talk about how she can support two entirely different segments of customers"

SHE HAS BEEN DOING IT FOR 3 YEARS UNTIL TWO HOURS AGO
WHEN U AND BALLY LAUNCHED THE FAKE NEW TEAM SEGGREGATING SMALL AND MEDIUM INTO A NEW BUCKET
"We plan to get a new Ashwini for small and medium deployments?" II asked uncaringly

"I am guessing... she cant do it all"

HELLLOOO HOW ABOUT ME?
IVE BEEN DOING IT ALL UNTIL U CAME?
I DIDNT RECEIVE A SPOT BONUS OR A RAISE
AND OH BTW... MY REQ FOR MY TEAM MEMBER HAS TAKEN FRICKIN 5 MONTHS?
YOU ANNOUNCE A NEW PLAN AND GET A NEW REQ INSTANTANEOUSLY?

NIIICE

"So this new engagement manager will be your peer?" II asked carefully

"Umm... we are still figuring that out, obviously I own the "large customer deployments" so"

BASICALLY A LEVEL LOWER THAN YOU?

HMMM...

The meeting went on and on and on... Bally couldnt show up for the next one so Ritu rescheduled the "Three Muskeeters"

THANKS!!
It was "teen tigada, kaam bigada only"
II cursed mentally

She got out... called AMMA IN SCHOOL

amma panicked...

"amma there is a req open I am going to apply"
She sat in the stairwell

"ENNA DI AVASARAM?" (What is the hurry?)

"Amma I have waited two months, I am getting nowhere with her"

"ENGLISH LA KATHI KATHI PESU" (Talk loudly in English) Amma scolded

"amma I want to apply"

"You have to go on maternity, soon you will start second trimester, are u serious?" Amma was scolding her some more

"Amma I have to come into work and do this thing in a completely diff atmosphere every day, do u even know how it is?" II begged

"U work in a airconditioned high rise u go and come by car, they pay you in lakhs, you are impatient and thankless" Amma said bluntly

"That is NOT true ma" II was startled

"Porumaye ille onakku. You are not patient, you wanted to marry him, in 4 months we scrambled and got u married, then within 5 months a baby, now a new job" Amma listed

"amma this is good for my career"

"It cant wait until next October?" Amma challenged

"Maybe, maybe not... THIS role will be gone" II was in despair

"Ayiram company irukku ayiram velai irukku avasara padaade" ( There are 1000 companies with 1000 jobs DONT RUSH)

"Amma"

"Onakku ellam eduthom kavuthom daan, innikki pidikaleya vittudanum, nalaiki pidichirka odanne venum"
(For u everything is NOW NOW NOW, u like something u want it now, u hate something U run away immediately)

II began to cry... she cleared her throat, set the phone on mute, and sobbed

"Be patient... its a virtue you dont have... Akka va paathuko, how much she endures" Amma let her emotions slip, quivering in the process
(look at ur sister so patient)

"Amma Akka can apply too wherever she wants" II argued, the biggest motor mouth

"U have the luxury of taking a AC car to work everyday kanna if she gets a job in Trans Yamuna college how will she go? With in laws, baby" Amma ranted

"amma" II began

"Dont make it a habit of wanting everything u see" Amma reminded II of her favorite advice... "Perasai padaade" (dont be greedy)

Amma's phone rang... "athai is coming over will call u back" she hung
Up

II was in pieces...

She went to her desk picked up her stuff.. and went down to the car... it was 6
She didnt give a damn

She dialed dude

"Busy ya irukeya?" she sobbed

"WHAT HAPPENED?" he was terrified  "WHERE ARE U?" he asked softly

"Going home" she said

"Good!" he said spontaneously

"Amma thittina" (Amma scolded me) II cried uncontrollably

"Do u have water?" he asked mothering her protectively

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

docs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Moms know it all na... And the dude... Nisha u put it rightly mothering !!! 
Congratulations on the new thread 
Happy birthday asma 
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Number fifty-four,
II, RB, Nivi and more 
Love and , passion and happiness
Sosy's even got grief  and gore! 
NUmber  Fifty-four!

Awww II is sooo sweet and a baby herself. 

nitii-76 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I missed 53 but first page on 54 is greatπŸ˜† πŸ₯³
Congrats on 54 πŸ₯³
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nisha and the rest of you ... truly overwhelmed. Thanks so much for the warmth and wishes.
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Congrats on the 54th thread to Nisha and all the SoSyians.
Previous thread was great...esp today with everyone present and great discussions. Just goes to show how much this story and place is loved by all.

Amma...good you gave it to your daughter honestly. It doesn't mean she is not aware of the fact that its been a struggle for you and her Akka. Right now she is going nowherein her career and feels all the effort and hard work/hours that she has given to the company is not getting her anywhere. 

But yeah even I feel that she should just stick it out for the next 6 months or so and in the meanwhile take a good look at her options and go in the path that she feels is good for her.

Paavam frustrated at her elder daughter problems and seeing the good fortune of the other daughter lashed out at her.

And the child II is, immediately turned to the Dude ...I was chuckling at her childishness...same as my kids...hubs scolds them ...they sulk and come to me...and vice versa...

Thanks for the update Nisha...

As Nams say Tadaaa...have to cook lunch and take it to Dad...MIL and Mom are coming back, so better let me make the house look clean lest it looks like a pigs sty.πŸ˜†

Have a great day everyone.
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Congratulations on the new thread πŸ˜Š
And beautiful balance in the update.
A clear evidence to how II's life is protected and something she can cherish.

Amma lime every mom...worried about instant changes and desiions and walking safely and doing things with patience.
Every time I call my mother up with new resolutions she is this way...trying to reason out and understand if my resolutions are easily breakable and warning me off and asking me to stop running and think 

That's about it...amma is amma and she is right...except not from II's perspective... Maybe II needs to explain what it means to her and how she feels and its not...of I saw something and I want to pounce on it.
It's not momentary excitement

And about how II fells and why she cried
I totally get it 
When you feel that this is your thing...the thing that you were meant to do and the thing which you will do like a diva and then somebody shows you the downside of it
We expect people to say oh yes go ahead and win the world but most often we dont meet the same excitement as within us and that's where our unwavering commitment to our dreams comes into picture
II must stand up for her choice and explain and make ppl understand.

And about dude
Oh the new swicth in II's life...a person to go to when amma scolds...don't u see...its not appa she called ifs dude and that shows the change and dude must realise it.

And I love the absolute care he displays.

A well protected child is what I see in II today 
Protected by amma appa ranjan and dude too

He stands by her in all her choices but he definitely reasons out before he does show

Will be great to see II present her case instead of crying and being upset like a little kid who wants a toffee 

INDEX

Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue5sky

Nisha and the rest of you ... truly overwhelmed. Thanks so much for the warmth and wishes.

Noufiya, Putti, Vibhu, Jyo, Er, Ashu, Pritee, EnVee, Sri, Kajal,O Jas, Namu Sonal,Dristi NAdira and Docs...πŸ€— 

THANK YOU SO MUCH β€οΈ

A update for me...aww cannot ask for anything more!😳
Off to read it now...
 and then will have  head off to work ..you guys have really made this day special for me!❀️ ❀️
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
RES till no one else does it 
Of anybody can plz do πŸ˜Š

Oh well its second page already.

Fine
Chalo tadaaa πŸ˜Š
Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago