SS 54 Mother & Mothering - Page 97

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by putti77

Nisha
Shouldn't we blame men also for this... Why can't they strike right balance between mother n wife...

OK
I will be explicit now. I meant MILs who have sexual designs on their sons... sons may remain quiet out of "respect"
But when push comes to shove they vanish with their wife
Some mother in laws do not know when to let go. Its not about dowry or the DIL being a poor cook or the fact that she doesnt cook fish on Friday or some such shit... its about WANTING TO HOLD ON TO THE SON
The reasons are creepiest at best
Even when the sons do not provide ANY encouragement to such abhorrent thoughts

Let Manny n II fight for Dude..
I am happy with our twin terrors ❀️
Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by PriteeMisra

Sorry.Got it wrong Nisha.

Pritee one of my friend's MIL emotionally blackmails her son and not allow him to take up onshore opportunities.. Whereas she is fit n fine late 40s.. Husband is very healthy in early 50s and youngest son and his wife stay with them...

My friend's husband just acts like puppet in his mother hands😑Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
Internet issues so got delayed.
Nisha, thank you for clarifying RANJAN'S stance. 
It is said that we become who we choose to be every single day. We can choose our behavior no matter how certain inherent traits may be. I kind of feel that Ranjan has turned into this person by way of practice. He's learnt to love from afar. He would always worry n care, but would never claim any ownership over any of his children even if things went back to how they were initially.

I doubt being religious has got anything to do with loving. The scriptures call Hinduism a way of life, to live according to Dharma. It is not a religion. At least that's what we were told when we studied some laws of war of the Mahabharata.
I think loving without attachment is possible. Yet to find out how?😳
Dee sorry.
But what is time now there.
Btw, has anyone watched 'Talvar'?? I'm yet to. Apparently it is portraying what is called the 'Rashomon effect' based on a Japanese movie of 1950 or something. It means the ability of different individuals to view and recall a situation in a very different manner. It's seen amongst witnesses of a crime very frequently. Maybe it's a bit of Rashomon effect here, too when we view and recall the story πŸ˜†
Originally posted by dristi64

Internet issues so got delayed.
Nisha, thank you for clarifying RANJAN'S stance. 
It is said that we become who we choose to be every single day. We can choose our behavior no matter how certain inherent traits may be. I kind of feel that Ranjan has turned into this person by way of practice. He's learnt to love from afar. He would always worry n care, but would never claim any ownership over any of his children even if things went back to how they were initially.

I doubt being religious has got anything to do with loving. The scriptures call Hinduism a way of life, to live according to Dharma. It is not a religion. At least that's what we were told when we studied some laws of war of the Mahabharata.
I think loving without attachment is possible. Yet to find out how?😳

Dristi

I am reading the following as I type the response to you
http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-defeat-religious-violence-1443798275

I dont know if I can agree with you

I am yet to see any one or know of anybody that has been able to "love without attachment".
Attachment by itself as I define it comes from love, coz where there is no love how can there be attachment?πŸ˜• isnt attachment the first prerequisite of love? or the final layer, which ever way u look at it?
What does love without attachment feel like, does anybody know?

I am not a fancy philosopher or anything, I look at my family, my kids and think... why am I so attached to them? because I love them... why do I love them? because I feel they are a part of me?

No Dristi Baba...
You can't love someone without attachment.. We are not saints... πŸ˜‰
Please don't try to find it..
We want to see your RnB, butter etc...
πŸ˜›