MBTI Discussion: All D3 Fandoms welcome :)

Posted: 8 years ago

Hi guys!

Up for some fun discussion? It's been a while, since I've actually watched D3 or talked about it and so I've come to a bit of a roadblock especially regarding the numerous pending fics, I have on the forum.

Basically, I've lost interest and to rekindle it, I thought that I could do something fun.

I've recently been introduced to the Myers-Briggs Personality Test (MBTI) by my sister.  I'm sure most of you are already aware of the study and how the test works, but for those who aren't, you can read all about it at: http://www.16personalities.com/

Basically, you do a test that takes about 10 minutes and you get a very thorough response, detailing your dominant characteristics. It sorts you out into 1 of the 16 potential personality types and I think it really helps you understand yourself better.

I'm surprised by how accurate my analysis is.  In fact, I believe it to be much more apt than what my horoscope says about me.  

Followers of many popular Western shows have been researching and sorting their favourite characters into personality types according to their character traits. As a writer, this offers valuable insight into the ways characters think and behave.

I couldn't resist the temptation of trying this with the D3 characters.

Here's my reading according to certain strengths and weaknesses of the characters:

Rey:  ESTP - The Entrepreneur

Extraverted:  Likes people. Likes being at the centre of attention.

Strengths:

Sociable

Original

Bold

Perceptive

Brave - likes living on edge and taking risks

Weaknesses:

Impatient

Defiant

Often insensitive

Too risk-prone at times.

Kriya: INFJ - The Advocate

Introverted: Soft-spoken, prefers a small, close-knit group of friends.

Strengths:

Creative

Insightful

Altruistic

Convincing

Passionate

Weaknesses:

Too sensitive

Extremely private

Often too idealistic

Too perfectionistic

Swayam: ENFP - The Campaigner:

Extraverted: Well-liked, easily trusted. Despite seeming shy, he makes friends easily and trusts them.

Strengths:

Curious

Observant

Excellent communicators

Enthusiastic

Weaknesses:

Easily stressed

Overthink too much

Too emotional

Poor practical skills

Sharon: INTJ - The Architect:

Introverted: Though she has many friends, she trusts very few.

Strengths:

Decisive

Determined

Independent

Strategic

High self-confidence

Weaknesses:

Arrogant

Judgemental

Overly critical

Clueless in romance

What do you think?

Do take the test and find out what personality you are, I'd love to hear from you all!

And, I'd also love to hear your thoughts regarding what personality types the D3 characters might be.

What about some of the other characters as well? 

- Taani

- Simmi

- Vicky etc..

Let me know your thoughts! 

<3 Paridhi 

Proud ISTJ :)

Edited by Propinquity. - 8 years ago
ZOMG! I finally did the quiz. So much fun, and you're right - it' so precise. They described me in a nutshell. I'm an ENFJ. 
Got my whole family to do it as well. LOL. We all turned out to be E's πŸ˜†

Checked out MBTI for a lot of my fave shows. So interesting, man. No MBTI checks for the curry shows though :(

Nice of you to actually bring it up. 

I like your analysis of the characters too. Can you try for TEI as well?

Reckon Taani might be an INFP. Simmi's probably ISFP.

But are you sure Sharon's not an E?  I think she could be an ENTJ - because she likes to be in control and commanding.

What about VruShan? Any typology for them? Did you know you can check compatibility of personality types?

Originally posted by Pyrrhic.

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">ZOMG! I finally did the quiz. So much fun, and you're right - it' so precise. They described me in a nutshell. I'm an ENFJ.
</font>
<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Got my whole family to do it as well. LOL. We all turned out to be E'sπŸ˜†</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Checked out MBTI for a lot of my fave shows. So interesting, man. No MBTI checks for the curry shows though :(</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Nice of you to actually bring it up.</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I like your analysis of the characters too. Can you try for TEI as well?</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Reckon Taani might be an INFP. Simmi's probably ISFP.</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">But are you sure Sharon's not an E? I think she could be an ENTJ - because she likes to be in control and commanding.</font>

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">What about VruShan? Any typology for them?</font>Did you know you can check compatibility of personality types?

Hi Aaniaa :)))
I knew you would be an E. Yours fits perfect!
Sreenidhi made your brother do the test before too. He's an ESTJ - which is so true considering everything including his job. It's such a coincidence because he's exactly my counterpart. I'm ISTJ and he's ESTJ. Apparently that's our best possible match and I can see why. My parents are ISFJ and ESFJ and they're a perfect match.
Have you checked Ujaan's? I bet he's an INFJ or INFP.
I will do TEI soon.
I thought ENTJ for Sharon too, but I honestly don't think she's extraverted. As for Taani, I think you're right. Simmi - not sure.
For Shantanu: ISFJ. Vrushika: INFJ.
What do you think?
I am ISFJ πŸ˜†

Wat about u Paridhi ?
Edited by --lavanya-- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by --lavanya--

I am ISFJ πŸ˜†

Wat about u Paridhi ?

She said she's ISTJ at the end of her post. 

Nice. You're literally separated by a letter. 

She's a thinker and you're a feeler!  Otherwise very similar.

Can't say I'm surprised you're a feeler. Suits your sweet nature. 

Did you have fun doing it Lav?
Originally posted by Pyrrhic.

She said she's ISTJ at the end of her post. 

Nice. You're literally separated by a letter. 

She's a thinker and you're a feeler!  Otherwise very similar.

Can't say I'm surprised you're a feeler. Suits your sweet nature. 

Did you have fun doing it Lav?

Oh yeah .I somehow didn't see that ..πŸ˜› So she's ISTJ and you are ENFJ  ryt πŸ˜Š

So we both are feelers Aania di πŸ˜†

O h yes I did have fun trying this ..its awesome ..at the end I was like yeah , its ME πŸ˜‰

I am ISFJ πŸ˜†

Wat about u Paridhi ?

Lavi mera
 ENTP-T hai

Wow!!
Why didn't I hear abt it before!!
This is awesomeπŸ˜ƒ
I'm ISFP

I am ISFJ πŸ˜†

Wat about u Paridhi ?

Thanks for doing the test Lavanya!

I love hearing about different personality types.

I'm an ISTJ, but my dad is an ISFJ and I know how protective and lovable ISFJ's are!

Great to hear from you!
Originally posted by Rhapsody.

I'm INFP-A . 

That makes sense to me. 

A lot of famous and talented writers are INFP! Suits you :)

You seem very sensitive too. 

My younger sister is an INFP and she's a bit moody but has the purest heart. 

Nice to find an INFP on the forum!