Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Oh my god. What is this craziness,
Saif doesn't has faith in Pakistan, who cares?
As if his faith helps in running the country affairs...
Why is everyone going crazy and giving it so much importance.

I will be the happiest if Mawra is 'banned' but really thats a lill too much🀣
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ban Mawra? Is this his solution to everything in life, knee jerk reactions that too concerning his own fellow Pakistani actress, if established actors in the so called educated strata have this mentality then there's very little left to say. He can express his sentiment over the issue but if someone offers a contrary opinion he can't take that either & wants to curb someone else's right to express.

Both countries are ridden with internal problems, this petty oneupmanship game going back n forth does nothing to alleviate anything. Move on Edited by Gujar - 8 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Gujar

Ban Mawra? Is this his solution to everything in life, knee jerk reactions that too concerning his own fellow Pakistani actress, if established actors in the so called educated strata have this mentality then there's very little left to say. He can express his sentiment over the issue but if someone offers a contrary opinion he can't take that either & wants to curb someone else's right to express.

Both countries are ridden with internal problems, this petty oneupmanship game going back n forth does nothing to alleviate anything. Move on

BEST REPLY 

CUDNT HV SAID IT BETTER THAN U 

EXCELLENT CHOICE OF WORDS 
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she's not pakistani.. perhaps you're forgetting the basis of pakistan.. but that is another story for another day...
anyways, i'm not supporting mawra but what she said was not completely wrong. as for banning her, is that the solution to all of pakistan's issues? Ban Youtube, Ban Veena, Ban Mawra?! For Real? Just so you know, none of these bans make any sense...
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This might sound mean, but im glad pakistan took the decision to ban all saif movies.
I always felt pakistan have been to nice regarding indian dramas etc. Indian dramas have been airing since long in pakistan on every single channel, while pakistani drama recently got their "own" channel.  Also have seen indian actors in paki dramas, while paki actors recently started joining BW (talking about the popular ones). 

Saif saying things like not having faith in pakistan and ppl will watch film on pirated DVDs, really makes me wonder wht he was thinking. Doesn't ppl in india watch on pirated DVDs, banning a film is normal alot of other films have been banned. 

Coming to Mawra, she is ONE DESPERATE girl. She wanted to stand out, well she is. Banning or not doesn't matter for me, not once have i seen her drama πŸ˜†

This sort of reaction from ppl of pakistan was expected to come. In the same way mawra is stating her opnion other ppl are as well.

Even if someone likes pakistan tiny bit they wud think that this movie was anti pak. This sort of reaction from public was expected, there is no suprise.
Edited by -Lostindreams - 8 years ago
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

This might sound mean, but im glad pakistan took the decision to ban all saif movies.

I always felt pakistan have been to nice regarding indian dramas etc. Indian dramas have been airing since long in pakistan on every single channel, while pakistani drama recently got their "own" channel.  Also have seen indian actors in paki dramas, while paki actors recently started joining BW (talking about the popular ones). 

Saif saying things like not having faith in pakistan and ppl will watch film on pirated DVDs, really makes me wonder wht he was thinking. Doesn't ppl in india watch on pirated DVDs, banning a film is normal alot of other films have been banned. 

Coming to Mawra, she is ONE DESPERATE girl. She wanted to stand out, well she is. Banning or not doesn't matter for me, not once have i seen her drama πŸ˜†

This sort of reaction from ppl of pakistan was expected to come. In the same way mawra is stating her opnion other ppl are as well.

Even if someone likes pakistan tiny bit they wud think that this movie was anti pak. This sort of reaction from public was expected, there is no suprise.

None of mawras tweets sounded desperate from any angle 

On the contrary I was pleasantly surprised that someone from pak wud mk a sensible comments on the issue whereas everyone is already overreacting even before watching the movie 

If saifs films are banned in pak that's a blessing for the pak audience

I don't mind that 

But what's the point of cornering mawra 

She didn't say she wactched it and there is nothing offensive

Then the backlash on her wud hv made sense 
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ABBY_JERAN

None of mawras tweets sounded desperate from any angle 

On the contrary I was pleasantly surprised that someone from pak wud mk a sensible comments on the issue whereas everyone is already overreacting even before watching the movie 

If saifs films are banned in pak that's a blessing for the pak audience

I don't mind that 

But what's the point of cornering mawra 

She didn't say she wactched it and there is nothing offensive

Then the backlash on her wud hv made sense 

@bold i completely disagree, to me she sounded very desperate, making 4 comments not 1 she is DESPERATE. There is no point of cornering her, but did she really expect no one was going to see her comment and ignore it?? πŸ˜•
This sort of reaction was no suprise, stating her opnion is ok in the same way other celebs are or public are doing that as well. 

brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Lostindreams

@bold i completely disagree, to me she sounded very desperate, making 4 comments not 1 she is DESPERATE. There is no point of cornering her, but did she really expect no one was going to see her comment and ignore it?? πŸ˜•
This sort of reaction was no suprise, stating her opnion is ok in the same way other celebs are or public are doing that as well. 

her original post (the one that is being discussed) did not sound desperate.. i agree with abby on that, but her present post does sound/seem very desperate, i'll agree to that.. 

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Okay I only just read this so putting it here for anyone else who hasn't yet read it.

Open Letter to My Fans & Mr Shan Shahid:

My tweets were out of utter ignorance for I had not seen the trailer neither was I aware of the sensitivity of the matter back home for I've been shooting out of country days and nights, unfortunately not keeping a track on what all Mr Shan had already tweeted on the matter.
It was an instinctive reaction to a hate post in my feed and as usual I was trying to convince people not to hate "no mater what land they belonged to" ( the words majorly manipulated )
I also wrote that I want to make this world a better place where nobody hates nobody and THAT A FILMS CONTENT CAN NOT CHALLENGE THE DIGNITY OF MY COUNTRY AS PAKISTAN IS BEYOND A FILMMAKERS OPINION OF IT AND IT'S DIGNITY IS WAY MORE SACRED FOR IT TO BE QUESTIONED BY A FILM. I consider films just "films" nothing more nothing less. (The tweets I never came across in Mr Shan's ban Mawra mission after the mission war he did three years ago)
I apologise to my "Mawrellous family" for they're what keeps me going everyday and I'm sure for as much as they love me, to be forgiven by them for a tweet out of utter ignorance and naiveness. Although I still stand by love & peace and I will urge people NOT TO HATE.
However I'd also like to share that I'm extremely hurt & shocked for I don't expect someone as wise as Shan shahid to manipulate my statements of supporting peace & love into "supporting phantom" (the words I never Used).
Honestly I'm only just a kid infront of the 55 year old Shan shahid instead of taking pride in bashing kids less than half his age he should become a mentor and try and fix things for us, if we make mistakes.
We work so hard to achieve the love & respect in our people's hearts and he always attempts to ruin it for everyone in a jiffy. Be it me, Ali Zafar , Fawad khan or Someone as legendary as Javed Shiekh . He has always bashed everyone who's "stepped in India". It's about time he realise that it's not a piece of cake for me to be working in media, to be leaving my country and going to India alone in pursuit of my dream in the age of 22. It's at the cost of endless hard work and sleepless days and nights and it takes a big heart to take all these decisions and he certainly has no right to just sit home and bash us all publicly, be it on a social media forum or an award show.
It must have been easy to just manipulate what I had written that too as a reply to people criticising me for working in India.. You know what would've been difficult Mr Shan, to actually go through my feed and read all that I had written and in what context and deduce my intention owing to my past records of my behaviour towards my fans and my country.
(p.s I've no complaints to my fans as they reacted to what they were fed)
He certainly can't take that away for me depending upon his personal mindset. He can't use my country's name and ruin people's lives and reputation. Every Time he can't begin a statement in "PAKISTAN's Name" in it and bash people and get away with it.
I'm sorry if my instinctive reply to any hate post I see is #saynotohate unlike him who leaves no chance of bashing people like me or Ali Zafar or anyone else for that matter who works across border. Sir, Art is subjective and boundless, however quickly coming back to the topic, Hating others cant make you more a patriot, My heart goes out for my country I do everything in my power to become a better citizen of my Pakistan and I absolutely and dearly love it, you've no right to judge me and make a statement about me being any less patriotic for again bashing me won't make you anymore a patriot.
You know what Mr Shan shahid I will still rise every morning, work as hard, still pursue my dream, still go after what I'd like to achieve and still keep my head high. I don't need to love/like people like you to be a patriot. My love for my country and my people doesn't need your approval.
If My words were (unintentionally) hurtful then yes I will apologise to my own people for they've loved me through my good times and bad but I will certainly not be answerable to someone like you who doesn't work anymore and only sits home and bashes two categories of people, 1. women ofcourse because you're a man and 2. anyone who works in India because you still didn't get over turning down Ghajni a decade ago, it's an old topic now and you can't rub this in everyone's face who wants to work in india or elsewhere. (can't ignore the fact that you were offered a sidekick role. Things might've been different if it was offered otherwise)
Finally Coming to the "BAN" Mawra hashtag. Did anyone ban you when you pulled off the sleaziest of acts in Punjabi films ( I'd send in data if you've forgotten) which could've influenced kids like me in a bad way for I remember being 9 or 10 when you were really famous but now that you have retired you leave no chance to bash us youngsters???
Secondly Sir, the work that I've done, the projects that I've pulled off along with the best actors to exist in our fraternity today (like Adnan Siddiqui, Faysal Qureshi, Fahad Mustafa who are the real heroes of today and won't get ridiculous about me excelling in my career but In Fact appreciate me and encourage me ) and few projects that I've pulled off single handedly too were not given to me because "YOU" approved of me. They were given to me strictly on merit, on my hard work, on me being skilful and ofcourse for the boundless Love I've been receiving from a Huge fan following from the age of 19. So you sir have no right to decide the fate of my career not as a person and not even as any prominent entity of the media. You don't belong to the censor association or the ban actors association. You need to realise that You must posses the power in the first place to exercise it on a person less than half your age out of sheer boredom and urge her fans to hate her that she must have earned over time with absolute difficulty and hardwork.

In the end, I still don't hate you, you know why because they say " Love what Loves you but never hate what hates you for hate is the burden that exhausts the Stars in you" I certainly don't want the stars in me to die for someone as unworthy as you.
I'm a brave Pakistani girl, a London graduate, a dreamer, a girl who won't get scared of the bashing for it's irrelevant compared to the dreams I carry in my Heart & mind everyday.
For me shooting in India is just like me shooting in Dubai, America, Cape Town or any other country so stop making a big deal about it regardless of my workplace I Love my country and I'll always belong to it without the approval of his excellency Mr Shan shahid and every inch of my existence will do everything to do Pakistan proud. I don't need to reject other countries work opportunities to prove my patriotism, PAKISTAN in is in my blood and soul regardless of your opinion of me sir!
Cheers sir.
(You must leave us kids alone as I'm politely asking you not to interfere in our matters and hinting that I don't intend to continue this war of articles with you for unlike you I've got so many other things to do in my plate like.. work. I wouldn't have given you a single reaction if it was not for you challenging my Love for my fans and for my country)
God bless! heart emoticon

Edited by canuck-umz - 8 years ago
starstruckk thumbnail
Director Sohail Javed blasts everyone for creating unnecessary drama.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10207055432161147&pnref=story